Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #211
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Heidi, next year our district is changing things up. They are putting the 8th graders into the high school for next year, but they are being called Valley Forge Patriots 8th grade (that will be Makenzie's school's name), NOT Valley Forge High School. They have to do that for sports. Since you are only eligible for 4 yrs in any sports in High School, the 8th graders are "technically" still considered middle school even though they are "housed" in the high school. SO, instead of being called Greenbriar Middle School (and NOT being housed at the middle school and are at the high school), they are calling them Valley Forge 8th grade. I know it's totally mixed up, but in order to keep all of our high schools open, they needed to add the 8th grade to the high school buildings to keep "population size" up. the 8th graders will be "separated" from the other high school kids. Middle school will officially house 5th, 6th, and 7th graders and elementary school will be kindergarten thru 4th grade. SO, next year I will have 1 child in elementary, 1 in middle , and 1 at the high school.... yeah I won't be running much!! LOL!!!!

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Disney Magic '01 Disney Magic '06
Disney Magic '02 Disney Magic '08
Disney Magic '04 Disney Magic '10
wildernessgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #212
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Julie - oh my goodness, that is insane! I didn't realize that you could only play sports for 4 years in high school even if you are housed there for longer. That is a bummer for MaKenzie.

Did you guys read about the iphone that was stolen on the Disney Wonder in April? http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/05...ok-photos.html
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #213
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Heidi, Makenzie doesn't have to go without sports. They will be the "8th grade" sports. All by themselves. That is why they decided to create a cross country team, basically just for her! LOL!!! They said they want her for the high school, so they want her running this next year and since they didn't have a cross country team for the "middle school/8th graders" they found the money for it to create it for next year.

I didn't hear about the iphone incident. I will have to read it!

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Disney Magic '01 Disney Magic '06
Disney Magic '02 Disney Magic '08
Disney Magic '04 Disney Magic '10
wildernessgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #214
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

What a "mess" Julie. I am not a runner and can appreciate those that do. I was not allowed to run because of my rhuematic fever so I missed so much in elemetary especially. Good for Makenzie. You should be proud for sure.

Just got back from a run to the mall in Colorado Springs. The Air Force Academy graduated today so the interstate was totally stopped for the motorcade. We also got to see the fly by. Pretty cool to see even though we have seen it before. The clouds came in and it got chilly so I feel for the people that waited for the fly by.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #215
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

OMG, Heidi. I just read the thread about the lost phone. I'm in the camp with the people that think it just might not be Nelson that took it. If that is true, I really feel for him. THere is no evidence that even he and that girl are dating. Then I wonder about the girl that is saying it's lost. I just don't know about this one..... I hope we find the truth. I am not blinded that it is Disney. I know crime can happen anywhere. Wow, that was crazy seeing PIERRE!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #216
Pooh_Friend#1

Julie - I was just thinking it would be good if she could run with the high schoolers to push herself more!

Mom - I know, I agree. It might not be him that took the phone, but it is probably someone very close to him. If it's not him that stole it, I hope the lady makes a public apology. I was surprised to see Pierre in one of the photos but I just had to laugh because he truly is everywhere!!!!

So does anyone have any advice for me for Universal Studios in Orlando? We may be going there for the day on June 2nd and spending the night so we are closer to the airport. Our plane leaves at 7:30am on Sunday and we would have to leave my SIL's house at 3:30am. She thought it would be fun if we went to Universal. I have never been there, not sure what hotel to go to, and where to buy cheaper tickets!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #217
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Oh my Heidi, do I ever have a suggestion for you. CALL FAITH OR KRISTY. They would KILL you if you stayed any other place. They also go to Universal ALL the time. It IS funny that Pierre was in the pictures. We always said he appeared anywhere and at anytime. I say he is the best PR person that ship has ever had. Love that guy!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #218
Pooh_Friend#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminyC_fan View Post
Oh my Heidi, do I ever have a suggestion for you. CALL FAITH OR KRISTY. They would KILL you if you stayed any other place. They also go to Universal ALL the time. It IS funny that Pierre was in the pictures. We always said he appeared anywhere and at anytime. I say he is the best PR person that ship has ever had. Love that guy!
I would love to stay with them but I can't because it will be 7 of us going and I don't think there will be enough room!!!!! Eugene knows that we will be out there because I am trying to get the Triton's menu to Kristy so I was hoping he would be working at the airport on Saturday when we leave.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #219
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Ok, gotcha Heidi. Everyone would be going. I just talked to Faith today, NOT about you but she did say that her room mates parents are there right now so it may not have worked anyway.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #220
Pooh_Friend#1

TGIF!!!!! Yay for it being a long weekend! I work one day next week (my birthday) and then I am off to Florida. This is the first year I ever remember working on my birthday. Looking forward to going down to the campground tonight and setting up our camper for the first time this year. We packed for FL last night and the dogs are freaking out, thankfully they will have fun camping so they will chill out a little bit.

Mom - How is Kristy doing? Eugene said she is doing a little better and walking around a little bit.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #221
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Sitting here at the campground. It's FREEZING out. It's suppose to improve this afternoon. Tyler and Joey graduated from kindergarten yesterday. Wow, first graders already.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #222
Pooh_Friend#1

This weekend was extremely windy...yuck! I am so tired of wind! Still a fun weekend. Dropped Chris off at the airport early yesterday morning and then went to the Rockies game a little later. Had a lot of fun at the game and so glad they finally one! The Rockies aren't doing so well this season. I work today and then am off for the rest of the week. I hope everybody had a great weekend and Memorial Day.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #223
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

We are sitting here having some men pour a slab for our shed. They have brought in bags of concrete rather than having a concrete company pour it. I am scared that it will be a bad project.

Weekend went good.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #224
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Happy Birthday Heidi!!!!:hug :
Old 05-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #225
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Oh good grief. I'm tired of trying to get the post to turn out ok. Heidi, it was suppose to be in a bigger font. Oh well, the wish is still the same. Love you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: