Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #196
Mickey02
Glad the brain washing worked!
I don't even know how to be an adult without kids
I earned "High Gear Performer"

So sad to see our thread not active. It has been a fun ride.
love you guys

Disney Vacation Club 2002

Mickey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #197
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

I'm with you Barb! I miss everyone. I miss the chatter. I miss knowing how everyone is doing and what they are doing. I love everyone, too!
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #198
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

OK, we HAVE to keep posting in here!!!!! Facebook is nice, but THIS IS OUR FAMILY!!!!! What do you say??? Are you all with me??????

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Disney Magic '01 Disney Magic '06
Disney Magic '02 Disney Magic '08
Disney Magic '04 Disney Magic '10
wildernessgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #199
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Well, I WILL keep this thread alive, all by myself if I have too With everyone's up coming trips, I'm sure they will all be MIA for awhile.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENINE!!! I'm sure you will have a nice day. At least it's sunny for you birthday.

My clan is doing well. Brooke and Makenzie are running a 5k this Sunday. It's should be interesting, but Brooke's school is "hosting " the race. It should be fun!

Well, everyone have a great day!

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Old 04-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #200
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

I'm all in Julie. We are family because of the DIS!!

Heidi and I are headed out of here 3:30AM for Disneyland. We board the Wonder to Hawaii on Sunday. We get back on May 14th. I will attempt to get on but no promises. I hope the thread stays alive. We have a helicopter tour on Kauai, we have a volcano tour on the Big Island. We are going to waterfalls on Maui and on Oahu we are going to Pearl Harbor. Heidi is renting a car there so we will tour the island after that.

5K?? I'm dying after walking a 5k for Epilepsy, LOL. Good job girls!

Sending Sandy hugs to all.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #201
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Well, our cruisers are getting on board as I type. I just have to say that this morning was AWESOME!!! The girls did their first 5K and Makenzie came in as first female overall finisher with a time of 23:46 and Brooke came in first in her age group with a 30:09! We are some proud parents!

That was with over 180 people running! All ages!

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Old 05-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #202
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Good morning! I will commit to posting here again, I miss our chats and talking with everyone! The cruise was amazing. I will work on a trip report and post pictures. It won't be right away because we are going to FL in a little over a week for Chris's niece's graduation. It was a spur of the moment thing. She has been wavering on graduating or not but thankfully at the last second she was able to pull it off and will be graduating. I found this out a few days after we returned from our 3 week vacation! I was so scared to ask my work for almost another week off but they are being very supportive and letting me take more time off 2 weeks after we got back from vacation.
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #203
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Good morning family. Heidi, I guess we think alike. I wanted to post on here yesterday but was too lazy to find the thread.

How is everyone doing? When is school out for everyone?

Our golf cart was delivered yesterday so we are at the campground. It is drizzling and COLD. Can't or won't play with the new toy in this weather so we will probably go back today. Emily and Amanda's birthday is the 23rd and Heidi has them this weekend so we would like to hook up to give them their souvenirs and birthday present.

The trip was wonderful. It went by fast. We really had the best serving team so far. The asst server was on her first cruise, first contract and it was though she had been doing it for years and years. We made friends (thanks Chris) with a couple of the bar servers. WONDERful guys. Loved everything we planned for Hawaii. In my opinion, we saw the best that each island has to offer. I would love to go back. It was chilly on the cruise and we had many rough sailing days. As you guys know, I loved that part of it! They even let us "ride" the waves in the adult pool. What great fun!

Love to all.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #204
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Beautiful day here in CO. Spent some time with Heidi's girls. We celebrated their 15th birthdays at CiCi's for lunch. That's "our" place when we are with them. It's cute how they look at it that way. Ted cut the grass AGAIN four days later. I played with our pictures. I will put some on FB when I get some time. It's camping season again so my time on the computer is limited. Stacey's internet at the campground sucks, LOL. Hope everyone is doing great.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #205
Pooh_Friend#1

Mom- The girls loved lunch, they kept saying in the car, "that was the funnest lunch ever", lol! I'm sure everyone at CiCi's was glad to see us leave!!!!!

Yesterday was a very interesting day for me. Lilly has been given antibiotics for her allergies and we found out yesterday that is causes incontinence. FUN! Between running the steam cleaner every 30 minutes, she would need to go outside so I had to go get doggy diapers for her. Poor baby. She hates them and walks funny. We have a week left of this medicine, not going to be a very fun week!

I agree with mom, I think we did the best things on all the islands. My favorite activities were tied between the helicopter tour and the hidden waterfalls hike. I am so amazed and proud of my mom taking such a strenous hike with her bad feet. She hiked like a pro though mud, up streams, and even rock climbing and balancing on small foot bridges. I have to admit I thought the waterfalls would be warm but they were surprisingly cold. When we jumped off the cliff into the water it took my breath away with how cold the water was! The ocean was chilly there too. Best vacation ever. The volcanos were also cool to see.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #206
Pooh_Friend#1

WooHoo, the Disney store at Park Meadows opens up next week on May 30th!! It is going to be by Childrens Place that is on the lower level closer to Dillards. I wish I could go on opening day but I will be flying to FL that day.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #207
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

No way Heidi. Yippee! GREAT news!!

I loved your earlier post about the lunch. Made me feel very good. Even your dad said he had a great time. Also, thanks for your kind words about the hike. I certainly was out of my comfort zone and very pleased that I did it. I wonder if I knew I had to cross over the plank and the bridge ahead of time if I would have gone. I still have the golf ball knot on my shin, LOL
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #208
Pooh_Friend#1

Mom - Chris and I still talk about how impressed we are of you for taking that hike. Definitely out of your comfort zone. He was saying we need to get together and have a picture night.

Has anyone gone to Universal Studios in Orlando? If so, I need your help. Chris's sister wants to go to Universal Studios for the day on 6/2 and then stay up there so we don't have to drive as far to the airport for our early flight. Anyone know where to get one day tickets and where we could stay for one night that is cheap? We do have a rental car so transportation will not be a problem for us.

We also got our link to our helicopter flight on Kauai if anyone is interested. It is a private link so I will send it to you in a message if you are interested and want to watch it. Disclosure: One part in our video, you can read Chris's lips where he says a naughty word. It is quite hilarious!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #209
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessgirl View Post
Well, our cruisers are getting on board as I type. I just have to say that this morning was AWESOME!!! The girls did their first 5K and Makenzie came in as first female overall finisher with a time of 23:46 and Brooke came in first in her age group with a 30:09! We are some proud parents!

That was with over 180 people running! All ages!
I know I posted that awhile ago, BUT because of Makenzie doing so well, the school system/school will be putting together a cross country team for next year!!!! The high school cross country coach has come to Makenzie's school and has talked to Makenzie over 4 times this year, and they decided that since she has done so well and they WANT her for the high school team, so until she can run with the high school team, they are creating a cross country team so Makenzie can run next year. Her best time in the mile was 6mins 10 secs. She ran that in her championship meet. Not too bad for someone who hadn't been "long distance running" until the beginning of April.

Our kids get out of school on June 5th.

Makenzie (on May 7th) became an "official" teenager!!! We had her party this past Saturday. We got to see Denine and Jerry for awhile which was nice. All the kids went into the pool. YES, I said pool!! I got it up and running for the kids. It was in the 80's those days, so the kids didn't mind cold water. The water actually made it to 78 degrees. Still too cold for me, but they don't care.

Well gonna fly! Hope you all have a great day!

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Old 05-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #210
Pooh_Friend#1

Julie - Wow, that is amazing! I wish I could run a 5k in that time. You have every right to be proud. Looks like you raised some amazing long distance runners! I hate running, I am still trying to get into it! Congrats to the girls!! What grade does high school start there?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: