Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #106
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Love those pins! What a cute idea!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #107
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
I will say the shrimp in the shot glass was spicy, but then again we consider black pepper an exotic spice in Minnesoder.
Black pepper is super spicy around here along with pepperoni pizza in my family
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #108
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Well ladies lOok at what the cat dragged in!! . I'm so glad I haven't missed much yet. I am still plodding away on my sad cracked screen phone ( why? Oh because I didn't get one of those ultra cool iPhone cases ya'"ll have) and still no computer though I hope to have that back this weekend.)

Have you ever posted on here at length from your phone ? It's painful. I am waaay ahead of my keyboard! Anyhow I missed you gals!

For those not in the know I do get to make a cameo later on! Just busted my way in and made myself a DisMom! And I am actually official too-I have the button to prove it!!! (thanks Laura!!!). I did not, however, have
A tiara...but being the semi-red headed stepsister of the group...not sure if I've earned that yet! (lol)

I'm so looking forward to reading!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 06-16-2011, 06:37 AM   #109
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

I will admit it, I am a DISmoms’ groupie, vacationing vicariously through DISmoms’ trip reports. I anxiously wait for tickers to be added to each one of the DISmoms postings knowing I will soon be laughing my head off at the antics of the wild and crazy women.

Umm, perhaps I should say, I am not a stalker just a bored middle-aged lady who is too busy to create her own DISmoms group but still has the desire to travel with friends who do not call me “Mommy” or “Sarah’s Mom”. Although, in reality, I love being called "Mommy" and "Sarah's Mom".

So here is my question to all of you groupies, do you spend as much time on Facebook as you do on Disboards? I know I do not.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #110
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

AFter our OJ Race through the IG and Epcot..... Laura and I finally arrived.

To this.....

And the question I had been waiting for......

"What can I get for you?"

Well, HELLO!!!!! It's now officially DISmoms Round 3 for me!!!!!

I was so excited to be reunited with Ellen for the third year, Joan for the second year, and meeting Evie for the first time ever!

We all clicked, as usual. It's like Ellen keeps bringing these sweet strays to our DISmoms trips, and we love them all! Please, mom, can I keep her? I promise to feed her, and walk her, and give her lots of tequila!!!! Please please please?????

After we got a a little silly, and shed a couple of tears, some more than others.... no names will be mentioned...... OK, Joan? See? I promised not to mention your waterworks!!!!, it was then time to head out and get checked in to BWV and meet up with Lonnie!!!

On the way back.....

Ellen was really jonesing to get back here this trip, but would we make it?

I haven't stayed at Boardwalk since my honeymoon in 1998. Still beautiful!!!

Two bedroom villa:

Ahhhh, A villa with a view....

Here's to the start of another great weekend, NO KIDS and NO HUSBANDS allowed!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #111
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great update ladies!!!! Love the DIS mom pins! So cute!

Love the 2BR villa at the BW and the view is spectacular. OK - I REALLY need to stay there for F&W 2012 (because I won't be going for 2011 - boo hoo!)

Tequila and water works - I think I would fit right in as one your strays!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #112
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
I will admit it, I am a DISmoms’ groupie, vacationing vicariously through DISmoms’ trip reports. I anxiously wait for tickers to be added to each one of the DISmoms postings knowing I will soon be laughing my head off at the antics of the wild and crazy women.

Umm, perhaps I should say, I am not a stalker just a bored middle-aged lady who is too busy to create her own DISmoms group but still has the desire to travel with friends who do not call me “Mommy” or “Sarah’s Mom”. Although, in reality, I love being called "Mommy" and "Sarah's Mom".

So here is my question to all of you groupies, do you spend as much time on Facebook as you do on Disboards? I know I do not.
I consider myself a Dismom groupie also!I love these reports & I would love to do a girls trip sometime! I spend lots more time here than on my FB page!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 06-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #113
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Okay when we finally roll into the Ditch, after beating all our followers down with a stick and running over all the small children, the TEARS started. I mean tears why tears? Because we are all so darned happy that is why. I had talked with Ellen on the phone a handful of time and never spoken to Evie or Joan before except thru the wonders of Facebook so it was a mystery what everyone was going to be like...insert scary music here......So when I saw them it was like seeing family that you hadn't seen in year. Litterally Joan and I jumped hugging for like five minutes. Ellen just stood there--laughing at me I thought and then I realized she was soooo happy we all got a long.

I think I had the avacado 'rita. I had never had one before. How you ask could one not have a 'rita in the ditch when they are wolrd know? My family is the answer. Seriously, we hit the 3 amigos ride but the kids were melting down last October and there was no hope for me to go in. Darn family! Oh well I knew I was coming back. I like the avacado. It was really smooth and the hybiscus salt was AWESOME! I will say the shrimp in the shot glass was spicy, but then again we consider black pepper an exotic spice in Minnesoder. Seemed like it went so fast but we flew out of there on a mission to get back to BWVs to meet Lonnie and to award all of the moms the covetted DISmom pin.

(got a ton of questions what the deal with that special pin was--highly recommend creating a pin if are doing an extened day trip. Shirts are great but this is something that you can wear every day...zazzle has a great site for them )
Once back at BWV, the fun continued. I think I started the trip off right by making everyone laugh with the goodies I pulled out of my bag..cups, pins, chocolate, special treats galore...GO GIRL!!! I knew I was with the best girls ever because they got my teen-aged boy sense of humor (yup..i'm a teenaged boy when it comes to humor some times...LOL
Now I know Miss Ellen has wonderful photos to share with us and I am grateful for that because even though I had two cameras with me I didn't mangage to take but a hand ful of photos. But the ones I have are AWESOME!
Yes, I have plenty of photos- I'll try to update this morning-

We all loved the pins SO MUCH!! They were a GREAT idea! And the goodie bags were awesome- especially the tassles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Love those pins! What a cute idea!
Yea, Laura really made us happy with those!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytreasures View Post
Black pepper is super spicy around here along with pepperoni pizza in my family
Timmy is like that- I think maybe we need to ship him WEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Well ladies lOok at what the cat dragged in!! . I'm so glad I haven't missed much yet. I am still plodding away on my sad cracked screen phone ( why? Oh because I didn't get one of those ultra cool iPhone cases ya'"ll have) and still no computer though I hope to have that back this weekend.)

Have you ever posted on here at length from your phone ? It's painful. I am waaay ahead of my keyboard! Anyhow I missed you gals!

For those not in the know I do get to make a cameo later on! Just busted my way in and made myself a DisMom! And I am actually official too-I have the button to prove it!!! (thanks Laura!!!). I did not, however, have
A tiara...but being the semi-red headed stepsister of the group...not sure if I've earned that yet! (lol)

I'm so looking forward to reading!!
Well, it's about time!! That really stinks about your computer and your phone- if you take it to an Apple store, they can fix the cracked screen. You have an iphone, right? Anyway- hope you have your computer back this weekend- we all miss YOU, TOO!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #114
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post

Geez- I had no idea you liked us so much!! We like you too!! But can I answer your question, even though I'm clearly not a groupie? I just wanted to say i spend waaaaaaay more time on the DIS than FB- I have so much more fun here, usually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

Well, HELLO!!!!! It's now officially DISmoms Round 3 for me!!!!!

YAY!!!

I was so excited to be reunited with Ellen for the third year, Joan for the second year, and meeting Evie for the first time ever!

We all clicked, as usual. It's like Ellen keeps bringing these sweet strays to our DISmoms trips, and we love them all! Please, mom, can I keep her? I promise to feed her, and walk her, and give her lots of tequila!!!! Please please please?????

That's great- Yes, you can keep her, but you just KNOW I'll be the one cleanin up the poop!!

Ellen was really jonesing to get back here this trip, but would we make it?

Yea- it sure looks cool- I hear there are TONS of characters AND John Lassiter in that building.....

Here's to the start of another great weekend, NO KIDS and NO HUSBANDS allowed!!!!

YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Kara- what's with the teeny weeny pictures??? We're OLD remember!! We need BIG words and BIG pics!!!

Last edited by podsnel; 06-17-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #115
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great update ladies!!!! Love the DIS mom pins! So cute!

Love the 2BR villa at the BW and the view is spectacular. OK - I REALLY need to stay there for F&W 2012 (because I won't be going for 2011 - boo hoo!)

Tequila and water works - I think I would fit right in as one your strays!
I really, REALLY enjoyed that view, MEK- it was so cool to just leave the door open and here the music all the time. LOVED IT!!! Seeing the pics makes me REALLY miss it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I consider myself a Dismom groupie also!I love these reports & I would love to do a girls trip sometime! I spend lots more time here than on my FB page!
This whole groupie thing is crackin me up!!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #116
podsnel

Let's find Lonnie!!

So we had to leave and get back to BWV, because we knew Lonnie would be arriving soon- AND they had texted me that our room was ready. On the way....

Look! They're inside, too!!

He was new since my last visit-

I was VERY intrigued by this-

and REALLy wanted to go in to check it out, but I knew that Lonnie was almost here, and I figured I had PLENTY of time to go back that weekend...

Soon we were checking out the villa and the view!

I can totally see why a Boardwalk view is one of the MOST desired views out there- and lucky us, we got it at 7 months with non-BW points! Inside was pretty, too-

the studio portion of the 2bdrm-

The living area-

Cont'd next post-

Old 06-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #117
podsnel

Let's find Lonnie!! cont'd

And then the master-

As you can see, our luggage arrived, and I made a call to get my Owner's Locker. Laura gave us all pins, and these adorable cups filled with candy and tassles... well....tassles for some of us. But sometimes, what happens on a DISmom trip, STAYS on a DISmom trip...so there will be no pics of THAT!!

Kara, however, planned on making full use of ME time with Laura's GO GIRL...

And Laura did her best Tin Man impersonation...

Oh...MAN!!! Minnie Soder lake girls are PREPARED!!! We ran down to get Lonnie & all her BOOZE, because Lonnie was going to stock us up! On the way down, as we zig zagged through the hallways (because we weren't quite sure where we were, yet!)-

So, SO happy to see Lonnie! And WOW she came prepared!! We got a bellman to help us haul the luggage & massive amounts of cocktailing supplies up to our villa, and minutes later...we were out on the balcony, toasting to 5 days of crazeee DISmom fun!!

Don't you LOVE the glasses? Lonnie brought THOSE, too!

Up next- we're goin back to EPCOT- to have dinner with the HOT WAITERS at Tutto Italia...right, Kara??

Old 06-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #118
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Looks like the trip got off to a great start. Can't wait to read the next installment.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #119
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

The villa is gorgeous and i am encouraged to hear you were able to get it at 7months! If anything could tear me from the Beach Club, it might be BW.

Love those DIS Mom pins and tiaras. Ahh, the waiters of World Showcase. . I believe our carefully conducted research concluded Via Napoli to have the best "selection.".

Old 06-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #120
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa View Post
Looks like the trip got off to a great start. Can't wait to read the next installment.
Hey stranger!! How have you been? So happy to see you've found us and our little tale...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
The villa is gorgeous and i am encouraged to hear you were able to get it at 7months! If anything could tear me from the Beach Club, it might be BW.

Love those DIS Mom pins and tiaras. Ahh, the waiters of World Showcase. . I believe our carefully conducted research concluded Via Napoli to have the best "selection.".
I have to say, it is a very different feel from BCV- but I do like it alot, and am glad we added on there (although BCV will always be our favorite, too). Nice to have another place to stay in that EPCOT area, ya know?

And the waiters....hmmmm....we'll see.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: