Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #76
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

You all look so happy together...it's nice to see. I will, however, totally cop to my envy of you all!

I'm reading karaboo's trip report from her Eastern cruise. She's a hoot. I can see why you and she get along so well.

I have never been in that particular bar....how is this possible? I am now adding this stop to our Epcot visit in July. Which margarita did you like the best there?
Old 06-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #77
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
And just as we were diiging in, there was a tap on my shoulder, and all h*** broke loose!

I believe I yelled, "SAVE SOME TEQUILA FOR US!!!"

Laura and Kara were there!!! I have to say, I completely burst into tears- I was so excited to meet Laura- really and truly excited!! And Kara? Well....

I really, really love Kara. She is without a doubt one of the best people I have EVER been lucky enough to know. We are like peas & carrots, me & Kara. Joan says she & I just "clique"- we have a special thing. I agree. So I got the HUGEST, TIGHTEST hug from my favorite axe-weilding girlfriend, and then....

Awwww, I'm so misty eyed.... cause I really, really, REALLY love ME too!

Seriously though, I LOVE me some Ellen!!! Not only are we like peas and carrots, but Mama always said life is like a box of chocolates.... and Ellen is the caramel one right in the middle that everyone wants but only the special people (like me!) get!!!!

and-

5 DISmoms down...one to go!

I miss my DISmoms!!!! Love you guys! I'll try to add my take on events (like how you took the long way around WS to get to the Ditch. I think Laura and I hurdled toddlers and anyone bending over to tie their shoes, as we took a LEFT when we entered via the International Gateway and heading to Mexico.... Just sayin.....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #78
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:

So excited for Evie- her vacation was beginning!!!
Umm I believe her vacation started when she left the kids and hubby at home and boarded the plane and got her 1st DOTD lol

We made a quick stop in that first store to buy lanyards for those without them. Look who else was shopping-
OH SURE, for the gals its lanyards. But poor Timmy and Tyler have to wear necklaces.. no wonder why they ditched them

Next....we made a Beeline for France! Of course!! we need something to drink while we walk over to get our first Rita of the trip in the Ditch! Sadly, we had a few minutes to wait....not very patiently...
well you were partched... and they must have known the DIS moms were coming they boarded everything up lol

Ok by me- I was on the phone with DVC Member Services making an ADR at Rose & Crown for my November trip- because it dawned on me that today was my 180 day mark!! It was hard enough juggling my phone and my camera without adding in a slushie! But soon, those babies were ours-
such a talented multitasking mom lol.

Evie's first impression? Slushies are goooooooood! We strolled after these guys-
at night they are better they give you the glow in the dark stirrer thingy

And then step into another one, where I started putting props on the models....
bonjour madam mademoiselles

And made friends with a passing rodent-
omg how awesome.. wonder if he will be on the Dream/Fantasy since they have a new restaurant named after him.. did you ask him LOL

We saw this beauty, who i had never seen before- she was part of the Pixar weekend characters, I believe-
whats pixar weekend?

And kept walking to...WHOOPS! Gotta run! I'll be back with more soon!
such a tease lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Yeah, like shouldn't it open at 7am when it's noon in France?????
why is it not open all the time like the slushies at 7/11???

Quote:

YUM.... pure soft gooey caramel surrounded by chocolate-
im not big into caramel but those all sure look yummo

We didn't buy anything this trip, we were just preselecting what we would get later. Which is REALLY hard to do, by the way!! But Evie and I were REALLY looking forward to those Crab Tostadas!! We looked in the Christmas shop, and shook our heads at the pickle tree-
you just window shopped after all that.. its like taking the kids to ToysRUs and saying nah were just looking LOL.
ha i like the pickle ornament story.. cute idea

Finally, we made it to Mexico!! The Mariachi was there to welcome us!!
Rolled out the red carpet and everything for you guys huh! lol
Quote:
Aaahhhhh.... the Ditch....the haven from the heat and hole in the wall with all things good and tequila driven....we bellied up to our favorite bar, and were greeted HOLA from our favorite bartender in WDW- Bulmaro- who remembered me from my last visit here in OCTOBER!!!! LOVE BULMARO!!!!
hmm wonder how he could ever forget a fun girl like you lol

Hellooooooooo Rita!

oh that looks soo good at im recovering from my "sick" day

Evie & Joan were given a sample to try-
Shots shots shots

And decided on Avocado Ritas- which, we found out, are the Rita with the most alcohol (until I got an extra shot in mine)
note to self get the avocado rita.. yet not sure i can get over having a rita smooshed in my glass and not on my plate!

And then we ordered the food we had been dreaming of- Crab Tostadas.

Umm....no we didn't....because they are no longer on the menu.
NOOOOOOOOOOOo ive never got to try the food there darn it.. keep complaining people so that i can get my grub on when I go back.. someday...

And just as we were diiging in, there was a tap on my shoulder, and all h*** broke loose! Laura and Kara were there!!! I have to say, I completely burst into tears- I was so excited to meet Laura- really and truly excited!! And Kara? Well....
ok going to sound like a sap but I even got watery eyed seeing pics LOL its like the gangs all here lol

I really, really love Kara. She is without a doubt one of the best people I have EVER been lucky enough to know. We are like peas & carrots, me & Kara. Joan says she & I just "clique"- we have a special thing. I agree. So I got the HUGEST, TIGHTEST hug from my favorite axe-weilding girlfriend, and then....
awww

5 DISmoms down...one to go!
that 1 lone dismom has A LOT of catching up to do... she better double fist at the slushy stand

Quote:
I miss my DISmoms!!!! Love you guys! I'll try to add my take on events (like how you took the long way around WS to get to the Ditch. I think Laura and I hurdled toddlers and anyone bending over to tie their shoes, as we took a LEFT when we entered via the International Gateway and heading to Mexico.... Just sayin.....
their gps must have been off.. kind of like how mapquest tells you 5steps on how to get out of your neighborhood before starting on the directions to where your going. lol
Old 06-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #79
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

I am so in!!

I am taking my first girls/adults only trip in August and cannot wait. And I am totally going to have to find more girls to go again next year!!
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Old 06-09-2011, 06:11 AM   #80
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Breaking news

La Cava posted on their facebook page that the tostadas are coming back!! Definitely for Food and Wine and possibly "forever.". Sorry you didn't get to have them...guess you need to go back!!

So the avocado 'rita has the most alcohol? I am definitely trying that one next time!

Isn't it great how the DIS has brought so many friends together?

Kara- i love your top. Looks nice and cool and so cute!!'

Old 06-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #81
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

Yay! You all made it to the Ditch! (minus one dismom of course) I made my first stop at the Ditch on my trip in February. It is a must. I got the cucumber rita it is was good! I want to try the blood orange Rita next. I am more of a sweet girl when it comes to drinks, is that one sweeter? Did any of you Dismoms try that one?
Old 06-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #82
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

i think I had the blood orange rita at some point....it is a sweet one

and yes I think we ran over a little old lady on our way to the ditch. There were no photos of this but it was a sprint to the fun

Old 06-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #83
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
Yay! You all made it to the Ditch! (minus one dismom of course) I made my first stop at the Ditch on my trip in February. It is a must. I got the cucumber rita it is was good! I want to try the blood orange Rita next. I am more of a sweet girl when it comes to drinks, is that one sweeter? Did any of you Dismoms try that one?
I know I had the blood orange last year....as Laura said, it is quite sweet! But, if you like that in your Rita, it's the way to go!

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

Old 06-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #84
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh you girls are making me cry! I'm just picturing how excited I would feel to be greeting any/all of you! I don't have Jim convinced yet, but I have done a West Coast DISmeet now, and we've invited a DISfamily - Liesa, ALL7OfUs, to stay in our home for an air show here, so we are getting there!
It's just Kara's axe that bothers him Really, it's that he thinks Rita and I will get into trouble together

You all look so cute in the picture, Don't ya know? (that one is for Laura)
Old 06-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #85
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great update! Just read on FB (probably from you) that the tostados are coming back. (Oh wait - I just saw that C posted that right about - doh) Good thing. I'm surprised you didn't start a revolt.

I did not know the avocado rita had the most alcohol. I will put that at the top of my list for next trip I had the jalapeno and it was seriously really, really good. Can't wait to go back and have another.

You guys all look so happy. And you all smiled and posed. Awesome!!!!!! Off to a great start!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #86
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
I'm jumping on board! I can almost taste those slushies and ritas...almost!
GO DISMOMS!!
YAY!! Thanks for joining in the craziness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
The slushie cart opens late?! That just ain't right.

The Dismoms should have a reserved spot at The Ditch.
EXACTLY!!! I like the way you think! Hey- if I end up being able to go to that NJ DISmeet, do you want a ride? I am waiting to see what that morning looks like baseball-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
The jalapeno rita looks good - will have to try one!
It is SOOOO refreshing!! And they can make it as spicy (or un-spicy) as you want. It's really the cucumer rita with a couple of slices of jalepeno thrown in- YUMMMMMM.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I cannot wait for those slushies & a blood orange margarita!! The posse looks pretty darn good in the Ditch!

Too bad about the food being gone, although the ceviche looks pretty good.
SO glad the food is coming back- it really is ALL THAT! As Joan said, that blood orange one is very sweet- if that's what you like, you will love it!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #87
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
You all look so happy together...it's nice to see. I will, however, totally cop to my envy of you all!

We are so happy together- we were DELIRIOUSLY happy in the Ditch, so, SO happy that our time together in WDW, after much anticipation, was finally beginning!!!

I'm reading karaboo's trip report from her Eastern cruise. She's a hoot. I can see why you and she get along so well.

Kara is hilarious...but she is so much more. She has such a good heart...I just LOVE that Kara!!!

I have never been in that particular bar....how is this possible? I am now adding this stop to our Epcot visit in July. Which margarita did you like the best there?
Oh, yea- you definitely need to go to the Ditch- it is inside the pyramid, on the right as you come down the steps. My favorite is the Jalepeno- but I would like to try that blue one next time. Some of them are very sweet, and I tend to stay away from those, but people love them as well- it's all about what YOU like- I suggest standing at the bar & talking to the bartender- they are all VERY friendly and helpful. And they give samples sometimes, too, if you are standing there when they are making the Rita for someone else, especially if they think you will like it. Which is why it is BEST to stand at the bar in the Ditch!!

Quote:
Lovin the Forrest Gump, and the fact that you got that- And we took the long way because we wanted to go to Morocco....there is always a method to our madness, you know....
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
such a tease lol

why is it not open all the time like the slushies at 7/11???

REALLY!!!!!!They should have refillable slushie mugs for purchase- with dispensers all over the place!!

their gps must have been off.. kind of like how mapquest tells you 5steps on how to get out of your neighborhood before starting on the directions to where your going. lol
Ok- I read this first thing yesterday (all of your comments) and i was . Thanks for starting my day off with a BIG bunch of laughs!!! And yes, for us it's lanyards...for the boys, it's necklaces!!! If I ask them where their lanyards are, they are like, "Lanyards? What's a lanyard?" Which always brings me back to the "WHERE ARE YOUR NECKLACES???!!!!!!" See?

Also- I never got a glow in the dark stirrer thingee in my slushie- where'd you get that???

You are so freakin' funny, Drea-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
I am so in!!

I am taking my first girls/adults only trip in August and cannot wait. And I am totally going to have to find more girls to go again next year!!
YAY for you!!! It is the BEST time!! Nothing but unresponsible Mom fun!!!

Last edited by podsnel; 06-10-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #88
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
La Cava posted on their facebook page that the tostadas are coming back!! Definitely for Food and Wine and possibly "forever.". Sorry you didn't get to have them...guess you need to go back!!

So the avocado 'rita has the most alcohol? I am definitely trying that one next time!

That's what they said-

Isn't it great how the DIS has brought so many friends together?

It sure is! It's awesome!!!

Kara- i love your top. Looks nice and cool and so cute!!'
I just want you to know that you totally MADE MY DAY with this post yesterday!!! It is the BEST news!!! I am so glad when Disney listens!!!! Thank-you for telling us!!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #89
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
It is a must-do! Since my first visit, i have only missed it on one trip- the one I took right before this one with my boys. You will LOVE the Blood Orange if you are into sweet drinks-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post
I know I had the blood orange last year....as Laura said, it is quite sweet! But, if you like that in your Rita, it's the way to go!
Yep! I remember trying yours, and it was too much for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
i think I had the blood orange rita at some point....it is a sweet one

and yes I think we ran over a little old lady on our way to the ditch. There were no photos of this but it was a sprint to the fun
You ran over a little lady??? Just because you were going to see us??? Good move!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Oh you girls are making me cry! I'm just picturing how excited I would feel to be greeting any/all of you!

Ok- now that made ME tear up!! It is really, really wonderful to meet the people you talk with online everyday- you just fit together... KWIM??

I don't have Jim convinced yet, but I have done a West Coast DISmeet now, and we've invited a DISfamily - Liesa, ALL7OfUs, to stay in our home for an air show here, so we are getting there!

AWESOME!!!!

It's just Kara's axe that bothers him Really, it's that he thinks Rita and I will get into trouble together

Well...you WILL....but not the kind of trouble he's thinking of....

You all look so cute in the picture, Don't ya know? (that one is for Laura)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great update! Just read on FB (probably from you) that the tostados are coming back. (Oh wait - I just saw that C posted that right about - doh) Good thing. I'm surprised you didn't start a revolt.

Oh, I chewed that MGR's ear right off about it- as I'm sure a million others did. Not to mention the fact that if you are serving really strong drinks and tequila shots, shouldn't you serve some food that's at least a little more substantial than salsa???

I did not know the avocado rita had the most alcohol. I will put that at the top of my list for next trip I had the jalapeno and it was seriously really, really good. Can't wait to go back and have another.

It's very different, that avocado one- very creamy...

You guys all look so happy. And you all smiled and posed. Awesome!!!!!! Off to a great start!
Of course!! We're all hams, LOVE to have our pic taken!! We did it lots!!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #90
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post
Thank you! The pictures I have seen make it look so good. But all of the pictures from the ditch look good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: