Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #61
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
Can't wait to hear all about the trip. So... are you taking applications for any more DISMoms? I'd like to apply LOL! You girls all get the whole silly Disney thing and seem like alot of fun to hang out with. I started making trips to the world in 2004 when my brother moved to FL. From 2006 - 2009 or 10 DS and I had AP's (DH was not a big Disney fan but I did get him to make a couple of trips. We've since separted but he still bought us our passes until DS was going off to college and we gave them up. College boy isn't so interested in Disney with Mom anymore. Cant blame him.) I'm hoping to take my Dad in Oct. Mom just passed away a few weeks ago and would never get on a plane but Dad will so my next trip will be Columbus day weekend and the next couple of days to visit Disney and Universal (Dad is a big Harry Potter fan) but I would love to take a girls trip at some point. I have a few girlfriends who would love to make the trip but just can't for financial reasons so I would love to have some girls to hang out with.
Well...next year is the cruise, so that one is a little different, and ya never know about what will happen after that! Ya know, when I got my points, I asked a LOT of girlfriends if they wanted to come with me- and none of them could go- except, of course, my Lonnie! But I asked her first anyway, so that was good! But Joan was also asked- and a year later, after me talking about it non-stop, she was IN! And two years later, Evie said yes!! I had asked her originally, too! So you never know what maight happen with those girls of yours- keep at 'em! Maybe we will ALL be there in 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I've been watching for this & here it is page three already! Subbing.
HI!! So happy you're so excited about our trippie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydevil View Post
So excited you started! Although our trips were at the same time, they were quite different! We did the Scavenger hunt & Destination D. They were really fun, BUT really hectic. We didn't spend much time having fun & relaxing in the parks which was difficult!

Your first pic is of my good friend Betsy!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!

Terri
Betsy is GREAT!! She did the 5th grade directory for me this year-they were staying across the lake at BC- we texted back & forth while we were there and even saw them walking around the BW one morning when we were hangin out on our balcony! Did you see her? How was Destination D? It looks like you had a very different vacay from us, tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Ummmm I have been waiting fior this TR and I go missing for a few days and then you sneak right in!!
Have some catching up to do then I'll be back to report

Tracy
Here we are!! Hi Tracy!! I'm so happy you're here! I'm having fun reading about your trip, too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I am joining in. I am going to back to read now.
YAY! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoflizandains View Post
waiting for more...
I think I can help a little there....
Old 06-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #62
podsnel

Made in Morocco

We were getting hungry, and Joan couldn't resist a stop in one of her favorites (that she had missed out on her last trip)- for a yummy lamb wrap from Tangierine Cafe-

She was a happy girl!! Evie & I were holding out for Crab Tostadas in the Ditch, though- that was what WE were craving!! So, we went on, seeing yet another character from a Bug's Life in the World Showcase-

He was cool!! We passed by Japan, and admired the Bonsai-

They are amazing, and truly only there for F&G- on Monday morning, they were gone. We stopped in Italy quickly, and I made a purchase, a Vino t-shirt that these CMs shipped back to the BW for me-

How cute are they? Next came Germany....and we couldn't resist a peek into you-know-where....

YUM.... pure soft gooey caramel surrounded by chocolate-

This is what my crazy son Tyler had when I left him on his own with Timmy in Epcot that day last trip-

This is what I would end up bringing home for DH this time-

Tyler also enjoyed this last time-

I also brought home some of these....

We didn't buy anything this trip, we were just preselecting what we would get later. Which is REALLY hard to do, by the way!! But Evie and I were REALLY looking forward to those Crab Tostadas!! We looked in the Christmas shop, and shook our heads at the pickle tree-

LIES!!! ALL LIES!!!! We thought these were cute, plus they made us think of Cammie & Amanda-

Right past Germany were these cuties-

LOVE the bubbles!!!

We were getting closer to the Ditch, but not there yet!

And closer....looked for the dragon, but saw these guys instead-

That's ok- the Dragon is spectacular, but these pandas are so adorable!! Definitely one of my faves.

Finally, we made it to Mexico!! The Mariachi was there to welcome us!!

Up next- FINALLY made it to the Ditch- but what are we going to eat???

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #63
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Yeah, what a start!
Necklaces ( = lanyards) for all the girls - hope they do better with them than the boys on your last trip.

So funny you "opened" the slushie stand! Only DISmoms can do that!

Can't wait for more!
Fortunately, DISmoms understand the principal behind the necklaces- teenage boys, not so much!

We like openeing the slushie stand!! We just would like to open it earlier!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Why doesnt the slushie stand open at 11 with the rest of WS? . I bet Disney is leaving some good $ on the table not selling for that hour!

Not that we have a problem or anything but FYI the ditch doesn't open at 11 either. Hey, it's vacation!

Looks like there were some unique characters around for Pixar Weekend!
No kidding!! Slushies!! It's what for breakfast!! Get with it Disney!! Yea- very cool character opportunities that Pixar weekend. I heard on the Podcast that there were a TON in the exhibit area-

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelyt2 View Post
Subbing! Thanks for sharing your fun Looking forward to reading about your good times.

I really enjoyed reading your cupcake report. In loosing the lanyards, your kids sound like mine, and I can soooo relate. But you just gotta love 'em! They looked so happy. They look like they get along nicely.
Hi! I'm so happy you liked the Cupcake report- I really need to finish it in the next day or two! The necklace thing was a nightmare on that trip- NOT the FUN part, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Yeah, like shouldn't it open at 7am when it's noon in France?????
This is no joke- I see a petition coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
"ABSOLUT" LY.
See? Already have one signature at least!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #64
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Princess Evie’s screen name should be … PrincessEvie. Because she looks like a real princess.

Last edited by kid-at-heart; 06-08-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #65
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post

That's what I think! Hmmm, I'm beginning to think someone has a problem.....last year I was circling the Moosehead cart waiting for it to open, this year the Grey Goose/slushy cart.
That's true, you were....hmmm...well, I'm the leader, and I was the one dragging you around to all the drinks, so you were pretty much helpless! Blame me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
The difference is that last year you banged on the door and this year you ripped the door OFF! Dang hormones!
HEY! Hormones or not, it was HOT! The 12 pm policy stinks! Don't they know it's always 5:00 somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Slushy then rita - I am starting to see a trend here. Excellent pictures. So funny because last year you were texting me the same slushie picture and I was dying because I was still at work.

Let's get this party started!
Yea- we don't waste any time- I remember that last year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post
Last year, I gave up on the Moosehead and got the slushy.....this year we knew better than to waste valuable slushy drinking time!!!!
That's true! Who wants beer when you can have Grey Goose goodness??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Now I want to book a United flight just to try the upgrade!

Good luck! I'd love to know if United handles it the same way!

I'm sure you DISmoms gave the bartenders plenty of reasons to remember them!

I'm sure we don't know WHAT you mean...

Not to mention you traumatized the poor slushy-makers
HEY! They deserved it! I think they rollled open a full MINUTE after 12!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Ahhhhh, slushies for the lushies, or um, I mean DISmoms.

LOVE THAT!!

Sorry, just couldn't help myself with that one. But those slushies are sooooo good. It is a great way to start off your day at EPCOT! Can't wait to see the rest of the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
I want a slushy now!!! It hot here at 8 am....Kara and I were on such a mission we by passed all the drink stands to meet up with our girls. Crazy!! Those flights really did a number on us
Wasn't it snowing when you left Minnesoder for our trip?? Well, the heat is arriving here today...but hopefully not the 101 degrees you got-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytreasures View Post
Can't wait to read more
The Cruise sounds wonderful
The rodent's are so cool and the butterfly looks like the one from Bugs life
Hey girlfriend!!! How was your trip? I'm so glad you're here!! Yes- the butterfly was from IABL, I think she was Miss Moth or something like that-
Old 06-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #66
podsnel

Quote:
Princess Evie’s screen name should be … PrincessEvie. Because she looks like a real princess.
PERFECT!!! She really is royalty, you know- her family is VERY regal here in Scotch Plains/Fanwood! Her Dad was President of the Board of Ed, and her DH's dad was the Mayor.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #67
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
PERFECT!!! She really is royalty, you know- her family is VERY regal here in Scotch Plains/Fanwood! Her Dad was President of the Board of Ed, and her DH's dad was the Mayor.
Not at what you wrote but at what I am about to write.

When Sarah was 6ish, she and Rob ran into our Mayor (small town, same Mayor for many, many years, awesome guy) and stopped to chat. When Sar and Rob left the Mayor Sarah asked her dad, "Are the Mayor's daughters princesses?" Later Rob was telling Mayor Ken the story and he said, "They are to me."

Thanks for the morning entertainment. Must leave now and head upstairs to strip the wood in the bathroom.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #68
manntra
DIS Veteran

That slushie stand really infuriates me with their later opening! We were forced to go and get a glass of champagne first
LOVE those crab tostadas.....and I ask for the Valentina hot sauce to put on them too! I think we may have been one of the last to be served tostadas in there as it seems they are only serving guacamole and salsa now.....or something like that, right Christine?
Love all of the Pixar peeps walking around

Tracy
Old 06-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #69
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]

Wasn't it snowing when you left Minnesoder for our trip?? Well, the heat is arriving here today...but hopefully not the 101 degrees you got-
Umm it was a week before I left! Yes and Ole and Sven were ice fishin

Old 06-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #70
podsnel

The Ditch

Aaahhhhh.... the Ditch....the haven from the heat and hole in the wall with all things good and tequila driven....we bellied up to our favorite bar, and were greeted HOLA from our favorite bartender in WDW- Bulmaro- who remembered me from my last visit here in OCTOBER!!!! LOVE BULMARO!!!!

A minute later, I was served a perfect and refreshing, ever-so-slightly-spicy jalepeno rita.

Hellooooooooo Rita!

Evie & Joan were given a sample to try-

And decided on Avocado Ritas- which, we found out, are the Rita with the most alcohol (until I got an extra shot in mine)

And then we ordered the food we had been dreaming of- Crab Tostadas.

Umm....no we didn't....because they are no longer on the menu.

WHAT??????!!!!!!!???????

Seriously- no more cooking in the Ditch. Only the cold stuff is left- salsa, guac & ceviche (which is called Shrimp Cocktail on the menu & is now a little different than before- in a good way). We were SOOOOO BUMMED! The bartenders don't seem too happy about it, either- neither do ANY of the patrons- so we collectively complained (very nicely) to the manager. You know- maybe if enough people cry to her about the lack of crab in the ditch she'll be able to convince the Disney dining Nazis to bring the FREAKIN TOSTADAS BACK!!!

Anyway, the ceviche looks like this-

Bigger shrimp in a bigger glass- it was delicious! The guac is like this-

And just as we were diiging in, there was a tap on my shoulder, and all h*** broke loose! Laura and Kara were there!!! I have to say, I completely burst into tears- I was so excited to meet Laura- really and truly excited!! And Kara? Well....

I really, really love Kara. She is without a doubt one of the best people I have EVER been lucky enough to know. We are like peas & carrots, me & Kara. Joan says she & I just "clique"- we have a special thing. I agree. So I got the HUGEST, TIGHTEST hug from my favorite axe-weilding girlfriend, and then....

and-

5 DISmoms down...one to go!

Old 06-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #71
podsnel

Quote:
Not at what you wrote but at what I am about to write.

When Sarah was 6ish, she and Rob ran into our Mayor (small town, same Mayor for many, many years, awesome guy) and stopped to chat. When Sar and Rob left the Mayor Sarah asked her dad, "Are the Mayor's daughters princesses?" Later Rob was telling Mayor Ken the story and he said, "They are to me."

Thanks for the morning entertainment. Must leave now and head upstairs to strip the wood in the bathroom.
I LOVE it!!!! She will too!! Great anecdote!

Hey- how was your day stripping? Just the same ol' same ol' ? (Sorry, I couldn't resist!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
That slushie stand really infuriates me with their later opening! We were forced to go and get a glass of champagne first
LOVE those crab tostadas.....and I ask for the Valentina hot sauce to put on them too! I think we may have been one of the last to be served tostadas in there as it seems they are only serving guacamole and salsa now.....or something like that, right Christine?
Love all of the Pixar peeps walking around

Tracy
Yea- you must have been. I am VERY jealous!!

And forced to drink champagne? How AWFUL!! We had that problem on another night- double fisted no less! It was the WORST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Umm it was a week before I left! Yes and Ole and Sven were ice fishin
Ole & Sven are trouble makers!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #72
Rozz
DIS Veteran

I'm jumping on board! I can almost taste those slushies and ritas...almost!
GO DISMOMS!!

Caribbean Beach Wilderness Lodge WDW Swan WDW Dolphin Regal Sun Carribean Beach POP Century
Old 06-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #73
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

The slushie cart opens late?! That just ain't right.

The Dismoms should have a reserved spot at The Ditch.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #74
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

The jalapeno rita looks good - will have to try one!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #75
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I cannot wait for those slushies & a blood orange margarita!! The posse looks pretty darn good in the Ditch!

Too bad about the food being gone, although the ceviche looks pretty good.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: