Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2011, 02:55 AM   #16
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO in here!

Now going back to read! Only one page behind!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 AM   #17
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Jumping right in for this one!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2011, 06:35 AM   #18
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hell-ooooooo DISpeeps!! We are back with the story of our third...YES THIRD!!...trip to WDW without our husbands and without our kids! Not that we don't miss them terribly, and think of them often while we are away... but really, it is SOOO much fun that we just can't stop ourselves from doing it over and over again!

Our first year, we stayed at AKV, in a concierge level studio- just four of us, Lonnie, who was once upon a time my MOH and college roomate; Cammie, who I met on the DIS; and Kara, an axe murderer of unknown origins, also known as Karajeboo on the DISboards.

I like to call this photo "Before"

Year number two, we had all of our original members, plus two new lovely additions- Lovinlife, aka Pam who Kara & Cammie knew from here, and my dear friend from home, Joan, also called Wannabeadismom. We stayed in a 2 bdrm villa at BCV-

I like to call this photo " Plus 10"

Well, this year, we lost two- Pam was unable to join us, and Cammie couldn't come either.... But then, we got two NEW ones!! Laura -CRSdismom who we knew from guess where, and another dear friend of mine from home- Evie! We were all in for 4 nights in a 2 bdrm Boardwalk view villa at BWV!

Kinda like the two teeth Ally lost.... then she got two new ones!!!!

I like to call this one "Plus 20"

I hope you'll join us for ANOTHER side-splitting, pants wetting adventure in the happiest place on earth!!

TABLE OF CONTENTS

First Class, BABY! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...43&postcount=5

And yes, MY tiara fits just fine. Jeff and Ally comment on it quite often. After all, what is a tiara but half a halo? Right? And SOMEONE needs to stay strong to keep everyone in line on these trips. It's a tough job, but..... oh who am I kidding? I had a BLAST as usual and can't wait for next year's DISmoms Dream cruise! But first we need to get through this year's craziness huh?

OK, need to go upload my pics..... talk amongst yourselves.....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #19
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

First class is the only way to travel! . Great start! that you inspired AP purchases. Disney should give you a commission.

Let's see...you're at the Boardwalk and it's 11:55...I vote for a quick walk over to World Showcase for a slushy/margarita/adult beverage of choice. . Oh, and I suppose some lunch.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #20
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

yikes....already behind. I'm here.

First off, who knew 3 years ago I would get on a plane and go visit people I met on the internet! let alone the DisMoms. I giggle because I had my screen name before I even knew of the DISmoms.

I had met Kara twice, once on a family trip to WDW in '08 and then this spring when I was in Atlanta and I drove up to have dinner with her. The others--nope never met 'em. But now I am sooooo glad I did. Wonderful ladies. We all come from that magical place....New Minnflorialina.

Flying from Minneapolis I got in later than the upgrade queens. I had to leave here around 4 am and when you live half way to the north pole, it is really dark! But as I was pulling out of the cold garage in my nice cool Florida clothes I realized I don't have sun glasses. Where on earth does one get sun glasses at that time in the morning...why of course the gas station.

Got to the Mpls airport and it was still early. I was flying southwest so no upgrade mojo here but I didn't have to pay for bags. It was so early the bar hadn't even opened. I thought that's okay I can have a drink on the plane...ummm no. While on the flight from Msp to Chicago, there was HORRIBLE turbluance. It was to the point where the flight attendants were told to sit down and there would be no beverage service for the flight Yeah not a good thing. But got to Chicago safely. I wasn't switching planes so once the Chicago passenagers got off the plane I was able to move to the 2nd row. There was beverage service on this flight!.

Soon I was touching down in sunny Orlando. Kara was to fly into the gate next to mine about 5 min after me. So ran to the potty and on the way out but who to I see. ---uuuh lost that photo~

We by pass the fruity drink stand and head down to ME. Ummm why is the bus taking so long.

We waited for ever for that bus to let us on board. The line for the POP bus was huge and I think 3 came and left while we were still waiting. But soon we were on the bus, texting our counter parts.
Yes I nearly cried when we pulled in to BWV. Not like that didn't happen at any other point of the trip.

Last edited by CRdisMom; 06-03-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #21
MEK
DIS Veteran

Love reading about all the moms arriving! WOOT! Arrival days is the BEST!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #22
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Well Geezzem, I stay off the computer for one night and two whole pages of a NEW trip report occurs. Count me in for the fun.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #23
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Looks like you're off to a great start! I see everyone had their morning cocktail with their cheerios

Upgrade to 1st class for $69??? Which airlines?
Old 06-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #24
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Here and subscribing!

Gotta say, I love that photo from your first trip with your family members on popsicle sticks...
Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #25
lshaw6
Mouseketeer

Here!! Can't wait to see what happens on this trip. The suspense is already killing me!

1974,1982,1993 offsite
Feb 2007 Caribbean Beach
April 2008 Saratoga Springs
Sept 2008 SOG, Polynesian
April 2009 POR, Yacht Club
Feb 2010 Polynesian
Jan 2011 POP, CSR, Wilderness Lodge
Dec 2011 CBR, CSR, Wilderness Lodge
June 2012 POP, Polynesian
July 2012 Contemporary
Oct 2012 POFQ, POR
Dec 2012 POR
Old 06-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #26
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Great start, looking forward to reading more!

Old 06-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #27
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Can't wait too hear all about your trip!

Running off to read...

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort

Last edited by rndmr2; 06-03-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #28
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
That's ok- that can only mean one thing....time for ROPE DROP! For the stinky yellow Mears bus- BOO!

It was the strangest thing- they never showed "THE" movie- they just put on some Disney cartoons. What up wit dat???

We had one of those too

This is supposed to be Lucy the Elephant from Margate, NJ-

Or, it could be the Coney Island elephant- but that would be very un-Disney, so we'll stick with Lucy.

I say it is Lucy, too, That's what I said when I saw it on our trip and my Dad agreed, we are from Philly and my Mom used to live in/near Margate

I Love this!

Great Start! The Boardwalk is so pretty

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 06-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #29
NMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing looking forward to reading your tr
Old 06-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #30
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Loved your intro. Thank-you!! That means alot coming from you- you read them all!!
You must of been getting the first pictures up, while I posted.

This year's race with "Danskin" was Mother's Day Weekend.
"Trek's" race was suppose to be Labor Day weekend, but they cancelled with WDW and moved it over to Clear Water--FL. The whole point was doing the Triathlon at WDW. So now I am shooting for next May.

I am so sorry- I have a lot of friends who do that tri here at Sandy Hook in Sept. I hope next year stays at WDW.

Comment-AirTran used to have upgrades for $39 online. We figured it was cheaper to upgrade than pay for luggage. Luggage is included with the upgrade. Anyways, AirTran changed the fee to $99.

I have flown AT once, to my MIL's in FLA- and took advantage of that at the gate. Bigger seat was nice.

You have to be a Dis'er to get this.
Yea, I guess so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post
WOO HOO!!! Never fear, I am here.....complete with all my inane comments, a few pictures (though I can't quite compete with Ellen), and quite possibly a kleenex or two as I struggle through life!!! (or maybe I'm just loony tunes ) Looking forward to reliving the laughs!!!!!
I'm looking forward to it to, Joanie!! Love you- see you at 1, just finished your macaroni!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Marking my place and will be back to read in the am. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!
YAY! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Was wondering when this was going to start! Can't wait to read along.
Hey Sally!! I have been soooo busy lately (and will continue to be until school ends) so that accounts for the delay somewhat- also that it was making me sad that I won't be back for 6 months (well- 5 months now! See? Flying by!). Not that that is so terrible AT ALL, but this DVC thing has put me in a every few months mode- used to be every 2 years before. LOVE my DVC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Woo Hoo!!!!! You have started your report!

So excited . Now I gotta go get caught up!
Hi Chris!! So happy you found us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I've been waiting for this and I MUST remember to get the "fake" monorail shot on my next trip. It was kinda hard this time since I was traveling solo!

DIS up, MEK!!! Hand that camera to some businessman on the tram!! Usually, they are the ones laughing the hardest at this when we do it!

Love the BWV pictures. Love the theme. Its so Steele Pier 1960's and reminds me of visiting there with my grandmother. (Well - not in 1960 because even I am not THAT old, but you know what I mean) She lived in South Jersey and we drove down there every summer from the time I was about 7 to the time I became a surly teen.

I think BWV are gorgeous- i absolutely LOVE the decor, especially in the lobby (well....except for creepy Paul! ) That's a very sweet memory you have of your Grandma-

I know you all probably had a wonderful time and I can't wait to read all about it.
We had a blast, as usual! When you posted this, I had just finished catching up on all YOUR fun in YOUR TR, but was too tired to write a reply! I thought it was kind of funny that you were reading about my girlie trip while I was reading about yours. Anyway, I'll go post over there now-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: