Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
frijolefrito
Mouseketeer

Disneyland Babysitting

I can't call the hotel myself or I would. What's the babysitting service at disneyland? How much per hour ect. Anyone have anything I can reference?
frijolefrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

There is no in room babysitting service affiliated with any of the resort or good neighbor hotels.

There is Pinocchios Worksop at the Grand Californian hotel, which is a daycare type vibe- they do arts and crafts, movies, video games, etc. Reservations are required. My kids (ages 6 and 10) loved it! It was $13 an hour for each kid and meals were $5 each. They were open evenings/late night only.

Another option you have is an agency like Fullerton Sitting (licensed sitters come to your hotel). You can google it. Whether you are comfortable with that or not is totally up to you.

Hope this helps!

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
Abbeys_mom
Mouseketeer

DD did Pinocchio's Workshop at the Grand Californian hotel while we had dinner at the Napa Rose. I think you had to be a DLR guest. She loved it, and we had a nice quiet dinner.

HTH!
Abbeys_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbeys_mom View Post
DD did Pinocchio's Workshop at the Grand Californian hotel while we had dinner at the Napa Rose. I think you had to be a DLR guest. She loved it, and we had a nice quiet dinner.

HTH!
Yep- you are right, you had to be staying on property at one of the 3 resort hotels

We also had a great date night out- we did some "grown up" (i.e. scary) rides at the parks we had gotten fast passes for, then had an outdoor dinner/drinks at Uva Bar in Dowtown Disney. It was really nice!

Oh- and they give you a little flip phone to call you on in case of emergency too (though they take your cell numbers as well). Their security was top notch as well- lots of paperwork and you had to take a polaroid with your kiddos at drop off time to make sure the same people (or person) gets them at nightime.

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
Old 06-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
cgh
Mouseketeer

My understanding is that Pinocchio's workshop is only for ages 5 and up-so you if you have younger kids, then that's a no go. Reservations have said that they have referrals, but it is something you handle yourself.

I think WDW resorts have in room babysitting and a drop off that starts at 3 and I am a bit disappointed that DLR offers nothing for the under 5 crowd.
cgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh View Post
My understanding is that Pinocchio's workshop is only for ages 5 and up-so you if you have younger kids, then that's a no go. Reservations have said that they have referrals, but it is something you handle yourself.

I think WDW resorts have in room babysitting and a drop off that starts at 3 and I am a bit disappointed that DLR offers nothing for the under 5 crowd.
Oh you are right- I spaced on that fact since I have older kids...

hopefully the OP got the info they needed!

Old 06-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

We haven't had a need for an in-room babysitter in about 9 years but I remember staying at the Grand CA and getting OC Sitters there is an older thread (here) talking about them and also Fullerton Childcare. I got the OC sitters recommended by the hotel. Our son was about 2 at the time and had a blast! I remember she came armed with a bag of toys and asked if we wanted her to take him down to the pool or not. Great service and I'm glad to see they are still in service.
As the others posted we have also used Pinocchio's Workshop on a number of occasions, including New Years Eve! They also will give them dinner (extra cost) and take them up to the lounge to watch fireworks.
Enjoy!
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #8
frijolefrito
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all your help!
frijolefrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
NewOrleansBelle
Earning My Ears

I did a google search for Fullerton Sitters but I keep coming up with a pet sitting service? Does anyone have the web URL they could PM me or perhaps let me know what the full name of the agency is?

Mama would (with a smidge of guilt) like to have a meal in peace!

Running in the 2012 Disney Princess Half Marathon

Family of Four: Mommy, Daddy, 2 little Princesses
NewOrleansBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: