Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #121
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Have to agree that Chef Mickey's is just overpriced for what you get. We ate there for the first and only time back in 2009. DH was so unimpressed that he's sworn off all dinner buffets at WDW. I did sneak in a couple for our September trip though.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #122
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAdisneymom View Post
You may not want to jump on the "cancelling train" just yet.

Out of 5 TS meals last November, Coral Reef was our favorite, by far. We had the sweetest waitress, I wish I could remember her name. I had some roasted pork dish that I loved more than anything else I ate all trip. My hubby had the steak, said it was perfectly cooked, and the mashed potatoes was the best he's ever eaten. Somehow they cooked asparagus so nicely, my SUPER picky stepson gobbled them up, when before he wouldnt even consider them. So there's another take on Coral Reef for ya.

PS. If you go, GET THE CHOCOLATE WAVE.. OMG...
Have to agree and I wonder if we had the same waitress! She was a doll! I too had the pork and it was hands down the best meal of our trip....I talk about it all the time
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #123
nyrfan00
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=csmommy;41347240]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyDisneyLovers View Post

Oh dear!

DD chosse there & Le Cellier for her b-day meals b/c she is taking French.
I wouldn't be worried. I love chefs de France and go there every time were in wdw. Le celier was good as well for lunch.

Everyone has different tastes, so until you go there and try it, other people's opinions will only go so far.
nyrfan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #124
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

I agree with not cancelling! I almost cancelled Kouzzina because of horrible reviews last year, but we stuck with it. It was DELISH!

From your list:
Really dislike Teppan Edo. Have much better Japanese here at home.
Wolfgang Puck was the worst meal I've ever had at Disney. Now Wolfgang Puck Express is a must do for us every year!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865060

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:48 AM   #125
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

I think I agree with most of what others have said besides Ohana, I am absolutely in love with the place. My major two that I could never eat at again are:

Garden Grill and Yak N Yeti

My husband and myself both got sick at these restaurants on our honeymoon trip.

In general, I think most buffets are not the greatest most are very bland.

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #126
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Have to agree and I wonder if we had the same waitress! She was a doll! I too had the pork and it was hands down the best meal of our trip....I talk about it all the time

See, y'all? I'm not the only one!
November 2008 - Caribbean Beach
November 2010 - Caribbean Beach
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Halloween 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014 - First Deluxe Stay - Beach Club!
NOLAdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #127
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!

Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL

This has been a very interesting thread to read....took a while but worth it.

While it's true that everyone has different tastes, when I see the same places mentioned over and over I tend to put more weight into the comments.

CM: if you want pictures with the characters and don't mind paying through the nose to do it in an air conditioned atmostphere then it's perfect.

Coral Reef: we still talk about how lousy the food and service was and that was a year ago.

Contemp Cafe: absolutely the worst hamburger I've ever had in my LIFE......it made me actually miss those Stewart Sandwiches the 7-11 used to sell.

ABC Comm: This thread reminded me we had eaten, no...gagged, there.......just when I had successfuly put it out of my memory

Nine Dragons: Your local Chinese rest is FAR better.

As for the Columbia Harbor House, you can't expect too much or you will be disappointed. We eat either there or Backlot Express everyday, the food always taste the same so there are no surprises.

I was surprised to see Tuttos mentioned , we ate there last week and loved it....but we tend to really like Italian food. The service was second to none.
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #128
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by mill4023 View Post
I just want to point out that statements like these are really just guesses. People say things like this all the time and the fact is that it's almost impossible to know for sure what the source of the illness was. Some types of food poisoning can take several days to cause symptoms, so unless you get tested and find out exactly what you had, there's no way to no for sure what caused it. And it's also just as likely that the illness wasn't even caused by food. It could just as easily have been something that was picked up from another guest or some other source.
I agree 100%. There is no way to tell for sure where the illness came from. Its really not fair to blame a particular restaurant unless you know 4sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
We've eaten at about half of your list. The only one we will not go back to is Whispering Canyon. It was a greasy mess and we all felt sick after eating there. I don't like my potatoes swimming in grease. The milkshakes were good though, but they put whipped cream on them which makes them really heavy. I think that might have been what made us feel so sick. We didn't overeat.

Hate Chef Mickey's dinner - all mushy casserole dishes and Tony's Town Square food was overpriced for the quality at lunch.

We love Biergarten, Kona and 1900 breakfast from your list; also love Cape May Cafe for any meal, 50's primetime for lunch and dinner, Plaza for lunch, Trail's End buffet for dinner.

Remember, it's all opinion. You have to decide for yourself.
Not to sound mean or anything, but before you ordered the skillet didnt you read the menu?? it tells you everything that is included. But thanks for the heads-up about the grease/potatoes. yuck! ....I do agree with you about CM's & Tony's....both are GROSS! Tony's i think is much more disgusting thou.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #129
Sinderelly
Princess

I don't regret eating at any restuarant otherwise we wouldn't know what we were missing.
The restaurants we would never retrun to:
Chefs De France-food was really bad. I got the filet. First time was over cooked. Second time was very rare ( I ordered it medium). I just didn't think the food tasted good at all.
California Grill-The only thing that was great was the view. I only ordered a flatbread and thought the one I had at the Contempo Cafe was much better.
Places we love: Prime Time, Sci Fi, WPE, Kona Cafe, Captains Grille, EOS and even the food court at the Pop
Old 06-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #130
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

We've dined at all but about 5 TS at WDW, some have been more than 2 years ago so its hard to judge on the quality now.

I don't regret trying anything new but in the last 2 years, my worst meals have been:

1. Kouzzina
2. Whispering Canyon Cafe
3. Yak n Yeti
4. San Angel Inn

Kouzzina's was inedible; the other three were edible but undesirable.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #131
bellebookworm9
Future Au.D.

The only place I really regret eating was Boma breakfast (haven't done dinner). I know most people love it, but the service was very poor and food was just okay.
*1992-Offsite *1994-Offsite *2/15-20, 2007-All Star Music *5/17-28, 2010-Kidani Village @ AKL Dining *10/7-11, 2011-Beach Club Villas Dining *1/10-11, 2012-Old Key West *2/9-12, 2012-Coronado Springs *5/10-5/11, 2012-All Star Music Four Months of Disney Dining *5/22-26,2012-All Star Sports *5/26-27, 2012-Port Orleans French Quarter *12/17-21, 2012-Wilderness Lodge *5/7-10, 2013-Pop Century *7/24-30, 2013-Art of Animation *1/6-10, 2014 -Art of Animation *3/25-29, 2014-All Star Movies *3/29-30, 2014-Boardwalk Villas *5/18-23, 2014-Paradise Pier *8/13-18, 2014-Caribbean Beach *8/18-19, 2014-Grand Floridian Trip Report & Dining *12/15-19, 2014-Port Orleans French Quarter-The Never Ending PTR! *3/17-23, 2015-Coronado Springs *10/20-26, 2015-Boardwalk Villas 10/26-28, 2015-Vero Beach *10/28-11/1, 2015-Disney Cruise Line (Magic)

bellebookworm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:57 AM   #132
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

house of blues...what started as a simple turkey club turned out to be food poisoning on a massive scale.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #133
JUDYKN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
The Wave. Way overpriced for sub par food that tasted canned/microwaved.

It was our night out - kids were at Neverland Club. Very disappointing!!
Agree!! My niece had the roasted chicken and it tasted like Shake N Bake.

JUDYKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #134
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I won't say regret...but I don't see us going back until I bring a grandchild and that's wayyyyy in the distance! CRT. I loved the character interaction, but the food was somewhat cold and we were DEFINTELY rushed through our meal. It's a great "Experience" but the food was our worst meal on site.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #135
Dis4evr
Earning My Ears

Our worst dining experience was Chef Mickey's. There was absolutely nothing on the buffet that looked appetizing. We went for dinner, maybe we should try breakfast?

The best food I have had during my stays were definitely O'Hana for breakfast and Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD, any meal

Fort Wilderness April 2011 - Oldest DD 16th Bday! Pop Century May 2011 - Anniversary Celebration
Dis4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: