Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #91
TinkGirl28
Mouseketeer

I would have to say the restaurant I regret eating at is the Maya Grill at the Coronado Springs Resort. My mom and I ate there about 4 years ago for the first time. The food was just average with very little taste. The worst part however, was the service. We had planned to eat and head back to MK for the fireworks, but that didn't happen. It took us over 2 hours from start to finish and we only had entrees and dessert and the restaurant was only half full. The kitchen was extremely slow and the server had no idea how to handle it. When our food finally came, the baked potato I ordered was hard as a rock so I had to wait more to get some mashed potatoes. We have considered giving it another try, but just are not sure we want to risk wasting several hours again.

TinkGirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #92
Princess Vespa
Mouseketeer

We all hated Tutto. No one in our party was pleased with the meal. Way over priced. Not what I had expected at all.
We also unanimously hated Coral Reef. Again, food was OK but way way way over priced. I expected better. I live in NY close to the water and we have a ton of fab seafood place so maybe my expectations (and the rest of the party) was just set too high. I dunno.
Marrakesh was OK. I was hoping for more but it was a little bland. Not the authentic cuisine I had wanted. Reviews on this place was split.
Princess Vespa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #93
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG View Post
The last lunch at Le Cellier several months ago was a huge disappointment. I didn't know someone could screw up a hamburger like they did. I'm told they have since gone back to the original that was one of the best, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

A few months earlier, Sci-Fi Dine-in was a disappointment. The burgers weren't too bad, but a friend had to send her chicken sandwich back twice because it wasn't cooked through.

The only regret about Liberty Tree Tavern awhile back was I didn't realize the chicken and dumplings was actually a soup with "slippery dumplings."

We went up to the California Grill once and left as soon as we looked over the menu. Nothing, and I do mean nothing for someone who eats normal food, plus it was noisy. We liked it when it was the Top of the World.
just a note that I think the descriptions of a lot of the food at the California Grill are fancier than the food

for example: "Oak-fired Filet of Beef - Dauphinoise Potatoes with smoked bacon, ginger scented carrots, and teriyaki Barbecue " ... that's basically a dolled up steak with mashed potatoes

maybe just b/c that is our favorite restaurant but I wish you would have given it a chance

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #94
Mjkre
Mouseketeer

At the risk of creating a huge uproar: I regret going to Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast. Way too much money for eggs, french toast and a wand. My three DDs (10, 8, and 6) were sooo unimpressed.

Of course, had we not gone, I would not be able to look back fondly at the memory of my 6 and 8 year old getting into a wicked wand fight on the way out as we passed by all the little pretty princesses sitting nicely at their tables...
Mjkre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #95
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

kinda surprised to see all the mention of Ohana's ... might it just be inconsistency with the cooking of the meat? I have read reviews where they got multiple skewers and some were dry and some were perfect.

oh, and the only place we have eaten at Disney that I will never go back to was Pecos Bill's. There was absolutely not flavor to everything - even the taco meat was completely bland and it was like chaos in the seating area.

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #96
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjkre View Post
At the risk of creating a huge uproar: I regret going to Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast.
Don't sweat it. Go back to page 2 and look at post #19. I hear ya. And when we went way back in 2001, we didn't even get a wand.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #97
tiggeraholic
Mouseketeer

We were at WDW for 10 days at Christmas time and the worst restaurant we ate at was Chef Mickeys. My girls are big, 17 and 21 and we have eaten there every trip since they were toddlers, it is definitely time to give up that tradition!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #98
WTP
Mouseketeer

At first I started reading this thread, and feeling nervous when I'd see places named which I have ADR's for my upcoming trip...but then I've seen just as many for places I've eaten at and loved. And I have lived in two major cities with a big food culture, and have had my share of wonderful and revolting meals at home. But, generally I have found nothing huge to complain about in any of the meals I've had at Disney! Maybe I should feel lucky?

The only negative memories I have with Disney food center around HS in general. I remember walking around in the evening with my husband on our last trip, looking for something for dinner, and finding nothing that appealed to us at all. Finally we ended up at ABC commissary and found something...I can't remember what...but I know we were kind of grossed out by it but ate it because we were just so hungry. I wish I could remember what it was!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #99
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

[QUOTE=WTP;41350453]At first I started reading this thread, and feeling nervous when I'd see places named which I have ADR's for my upcoming trip...but then I've seen just as many for places I've eaten at and loved.[QUOTE]

Very good point. Its all very subjective, however for the fun of things, I'll post my picks!

For us its a two way tie between the Wave and Cali Grille.

Hated the Wave except for the passion fruit mojitos and CG was so noisy and disappointing as far as the atmosphere. My pork tenderloin was just nasty but dh got some sort of steak that was very good. I would definitely give CG another try but I just don't think the Wave's menu and cuisine style is our taste.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #100
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...

DH says the food court at POFQ for dinner. (He ate some cajun burger thing, and the shrimp was off).

Brown Derby. Wasn't worth the price for the food we got. Meh
Jedana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #101
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Hollywood and Vine (TS)

American Pav. @ EPCOT (CS)

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #102
cinderellamom123
Mouseketeer

VIa Napoli
Tuto Italiano

Second place would go to Teppan Edo
cinderellamom123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #103
nicki.momof3
Addicted to Disney Vacations

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post

The winner for my worst meal ever was Garden Grill.
So agree - the food is horrible. The booths are way to small for a family of 5 and there is not room for the characters to interact with the kids and for people to walk by - narrow walk way.

The only good thing about it is seeing the sights change.

Will NEVER return.

Runner up is Chef Mickeys - the birds flying around over head gross me out. I know the food has a cover on it ut still - YUCK. I just imagined one flying by and dropping on us of the food.

The food was also boring and the character interact was so quick and rushed.
nicki.momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #104
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

I wasn't a fan of my lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. It was pretty generic. Maybe if I had tried the pot roast instead. I would try it again, but not for a while.
RAPstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #105
KatieCollette
Once upon a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkGirl28 View Post
I would have to say the restaurant I regret eating at is the Maya Grill at the Coronado Springs Resort. My mom and I ate there about 4 years ago for the first time. The food was just average with very little taste. The worst part however, was the service. We had planned to eat and head back to MK for the fireworks, but that didn't happen. It took us over 2 hours from start to finish and we only had entrees and dessert and the restaurant was only half full. The kitchen was extremely slow and the server had no idea how to handle it. When our food finally came, the baked potato I ordered was hard as a rock so I had to wait more to get some mashed potatoes. We have considered giving it another try, but just are not sure we want to risk wasting several hours again.
We are thinking of staying at CSR for our next trip, but we've been rethinking that since hearing so much bad stuff about the dining options here! We like to eat at the resort a lot, and this isn't to promising!
KatieCollette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: