Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #631
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Agree with Biergarten. We ate there once and will not be back. Crowded tables. I don't mind being seated with other people but I don't do rude. Most of the food was not good. The only saving grace was the apple struedel.

sfbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #632
Maxtrexmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesmom07 View Post
DISclaimer: this is just my opinion..

Crystal Palace, food was yucky, characters didn't interact much, server was very slow at one point I think he forgot us.
We liked the characters here but I have to agree about the food. Worst food I have had at Disney.
Maxtrexmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #633
sheilanne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtrexmom

We liked the characters here but I have to agree about the food. Worst food I have had at Disney.
We LOVED Crystal Palace, we went twice last month but both times 8:00 bkfst. Best bkfst we had at Disney. Our worst was Liberty Tree Tavern. It was horrible, we hardly ate anything except the dessert.
sheilanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #634
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Coral Reef and Chef Mickey's.

I was underwhelmed with Ohana but I wouldn't say I regretted it. I think next time we try it we will tell them we don't want them to hurry so much. It was weird because we went there in late January right during a bad storm in Chicago that was delaying thousands of travelers. Ohana was less than half full even at prime dinner hour - presumably because people couldn't make it to Disney. Yet they still insisted on dumping course after course on our table before we even had a chance to start eating the previous one. I had no idea what was going on so I just put up with it but I should have said something. The food was good but it just felt like a stressful experience, which was weird considering it was relatively quiet in there. Next time I know better . I will tell them to slow it down. LOL
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #635
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Here is the list of table restaurants I have been to and the ones I didn't care for:

Rainforest Café
50’s Prime Time
Brown Derby (long time ago)
Hollywood and Vine: Don't care for this place, I don't think I will ever go back
Mama Melrose’s
Sci-fi Dine-in
Coral Reef: I know of a lot of people who dislike this place. I personally like, maybe because it was my favorite restaurant as a child. I always get there early, first seating, so that I can get a table closer to the aquarium.
Garden Grill
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Rose & Crown
Via Napoli: I thought this was a little disappointing, I love Italian food and I thought it was just "bleh"
Biergarten (long time ago): I didn't really care for this one, but it's also been a long time since I've been there
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Cape May Café
Shutters
Chef Mickey’s
Grand Floridian Café
‘Ohana (long time ago)
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wolfgang Puck’s
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #636
PetePanMan
Mouseketeer

Mama Melrose - our entire family vowed to never go back. Simply awful.
PetePanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #637
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

Boatwrights and Planet Hollywood.

Boatwrights because the food just wasn't anything we were hoping for; it was sold to us as something it wasn't. PH as the service is atrocious, none of the food is cooked to order, and what you do get is frankly terrible. I'm talking fries that nearly cracked a tooth they were so cold and hard.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #638
tsme
DIS Veteran

Via Napoli, the food was bland
tsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #639
Karabee
DIS Veteran

Kouzzina - I had high hopes for this one but was so disappointed. The pastisio was all sauce and no noodles and the wine was just so-so. The worst might have been the decor - it's ugly and cheap looking. The service was good but not enough to balance out the poor food and high prices.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #640
cheshirecatattack
Mouseketeer

Coral Reef, the service was extremely slow and the food was just so-so. May have just been an off night....
Old 01-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #641
Belle83
DIS Veteran

This will not be a popular opinion on this board but I regret eating at Jiko. Well, I don't completely regret it because now I can say I've been there, but I was very disappointed in my dinner and I regret using 2 TS credits on it. I know my fiancé really liked his entree, though.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #642
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I regretted going to T-Rex even though DH said it was a fantastic steak simply because it took over 2 hours for our meal there. Service was just super slow. And it was SO LOUD you could barely speak to the person right next to you. I wouldn't say we will never go back.

For bad food I would say Whispering Canyon. We went after they made the skillet the only thing you could get at dinner and nobody in my family really liked it at all. It was fun to try once but we won't be going back there again.
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #643
Collette
Mouseketeer

Tony's and Via Napoli.
Collette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #644
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

We didn't really like the breakfast at Tusker house! I know others rave about it but the food just wasn't to our taste. I knew there would be African inspired dishes but hoped (thought) that there would be plenty of other choice too. Liked the juice there though!

Claire

Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #645
bdklein
DIS Veteran

'Ohana for dinner and Mama Melrose both stunk.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: