Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #46
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLeFever View Post
Well crap - I see Coral Reef mentioned numeous times....maybe I'll reconsider our ADR there....
I wouldn't be so hasty. The title of this thread is inviting people to post what they don't like. There are plenty of people who love it - but you won't find them posting on here. If you feel compelled to glean over reviews once again and reconsider, first look at what it is that people are complaining about. With no disregard for the poor experiences of anyone else, some of the things which are an issue with one group of people may be irrelevant to you and your party.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #47
NJEeyore
Stupid is forever, dumb can be cured

Any night could be off for service or server,(everyone will have a bad day)so I'll exempt service and look at food and atmosphere. For us Wispering Canyon could not be any worse for dinner. It's like having a picnic in a tornado.(Blessings to anyone involved in this years storms). We love HDDR, much better food. 50's prime time does not cut the mustard for this family. The kids(DS17)just don't get the 50's. The 60's yes but not Donna Reed. They actually think the wait staff is rude!! Also, Ohana should be avoided. Much better interactive meals available.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #48
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

I regret eating at the Wave for lunch last January. The food did not taste good and I found a human hair baked into my potatoes. Also, people across the restaurant were returning their drinks because they had been served in dirty glasses. Not a fond memory!
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #49
crazycatlady
DIS Veteran

I regret eating at San Angel Inn last October for my DD's birthday dinner. We had originally had ADRs for Teppan Edo, but decided to see if SAI had open reservations because it was something different from the mostly steak and seafood we had been eating all week. The guy at the front desk tried telling me that it was a mistake because the food and service were so much better at TE but we switched the reservation anyway. What a mistake! The food was not very good and we won't be returning. The sad part is that since I have been home I have read so many GREAT reviews of Teppan Edo so I really regret cancelling that reservation.

August, 2014- Royal Pacific Resort
November, 2013- Wilderness Lodge
October, 2012- POP Century
October, 2011- POP Century
October, 2010- POP Century
October, 2009- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
October, 2003- Off-site Marriott Grande Vista
February, 2001-Off-site Marriott Royal Palms
October, 1999- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
crazycatlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #50
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfanatic View Post
So I regret the Coral Reef because I was not able to actually eat here..we went here 11 years ago and (because we never checked menus back then), got seated at a beautiful table, but ended up ordering water and pops because it was too expensive. It needs to have cheaper options.
Wow!!

We regretted Hollywood & Vine and will never return.
We have tried Yachtsmans Steakhouse 3 times and we just do not like the food. We will not be back.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #51
Villains_Rock
For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great.

Wow...I keep seeing H&V. I kinda thought things had shaped up there! The last 2 times we have eaten there we LOVED it. We are trying 'Ohana for the first time in Sept and am a little nervous. I figured it was fitting since we are going with my full family for the first time. Me, DH, MS and my parents. Anyone have anything good to say about the place anymore?!?!

The really didn't care for my meal at '50s Prime Time (pork) and I also HATED the make your own pasta that gets rave reviews at POR. It was sooo greasy and not much "goods" to the dish...mostly noodles and grease. Oh and CM...like others have said it is noisy and filthy. They really should concentrate on having a constant cleaning crew to wipe down the serving areas! Not only that but we were seated in one of those far back corners against a window that was covered in dead bugs. I understand the size of the building, but maybe a spray down every now and again would help it be a more appetizing place for the guests to dine! Just gross.

Villains_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #52
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Biergarten for the bland food
& Le Cellier because our Waitress knew we were on the DDP & told us "you need to order a vegetable because your entree only comes with a starch" & we didn't realize what she was doing so we ended up paying $16 for 2 sides that we didn't even finish. Also, it was definitely not worth 2 credits

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #53
donaldandpirates
Mouseketeer

Marrakesh. The only amusing part of the whole experience was seeing how many men could fit around the center floor to take pictures of the belly dancer.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #54
GeorgeG
Stumped for 2005
You can keep the pickles
I fully intend to be a ghost when it's my turn

The last lunch at Le Cellier several months ago was a huge disappointment. I didn't know someone could screw up a hamburger like they did. I'm told they have since gone back to the original that was one of the best, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

A few months earlier, Sci-Fi Dine-in was a disappointment. The burgers weren't too bad, but a friend had to send her chicken sandwich back twice because it wasn't cooked through.

The only regret about Liberty Tree Tavern awhile back was I didn't realize the chicken and dumplings was actually a soup with "slippery dumplings."

We went up to the California Grill once and left as soon as we looked over the menu. Nothing, and I do mean nothing for someone who eats normal food, plus it was noisy. We liked it when it was the Top of the World.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #55
Paging Tom Morrow
DIS Veteran

Coral Reef.

I honestly felt that if I reached into the aquarium and pulled something out and ate it raw, it would have been an improvement to the garbage which I was served.
Boardwalk Villas - 2006, 2012
Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa - 2009, 2013
Contemporary Resort - 2002
Yacht Club - 2004
Walt Disney Swan - 2005
Old Key West - 2012, 2014, 2015
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa - 2014
Paging Tom Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #56
disneydreamkate
DIS Veteran

After three trips and a number of CS and TS there is only one place we will not return to. 1900 Park Fare. They were less than accommodating to our dietary needs and my DH thought it smelled funny.
01/2011 AKL
10/2011 POFQ 1st F&W Festival!
01/2013 AKL
02/2014 POR & AKL PHM!
12/2014 BC
disneydreamkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #57
Kat&Dom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
For me the only place I can truly say I regret eating at was ABC Commissary. It was the most absolutely miserable, pathetic, and horrendous dining experience I have ever had in my life where I exchanged a legal currency in order to eat it.
Totally agree with you here. Most disgusting meal that I have ever had - I ate 2 bites and could not gag down anymore. I will never, ever eat here again!
Kat&Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #58
DonaldTDuck
DIS Veteran

Boma. I didn't want to eat there but we had a Dismeet there. Loved the Dissers, hated the food. Service, however, was top notch.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #59
k5thbeatle
DIS Veteran

The Wave...sucked!
Tony's...sucked more!
Yachtsman Steakhouse...sucked the worst!

Dishonorable "nostalgia" mention of the old Italian restaurant in Epcot....because it too sucked!

k5thbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #60
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5thbeatle View Post
The Wave...sucked!
Tony's...sucked more!
Yachtsman Steakhouse...sucked the worst!

Dishonorable "nostalgia" mention of the old Italian restaurant in Epcot....because it too sucked!
So if I understand you correctly your saying these places sucked.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: