Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #556
nanalisa
DIS Veteran

We have eaten at almost all of the WDW restaurants except a couple of signatures and the only place we would never go back to is Akershus.

91 off prop; 92 CBR; 93 DL; 95 DL & WL; 96 WL; 97 CSR & WL; 98 (Nov) DL; 99 CBR, Poly & BC; 01 AKL & Contemp; 02 (Jan) WL; 02 POR & Poly; 03 AKL; 05 POFQ, WL & SSR; 06 (July) Boardwalk & Contemporary; 07 (Oct) AKL; 09 (August) ASMU & WL; 10 (Oct) POR; 11 (Dec) POR; 13 (Jan) POR; 14 (July) CSR
nanalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #557
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Captain Jack's at DTD. Worst food ever.

Also didn't care much for Hollywood and Vine; it was adequate, but not a place I would ever return.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #558
chamonix

Are we there yet?

Pizza Planet had the most foul-tasting pizza I have ever eaten. I felt sick for the rest of the day, and I didn't even finish it! Dh said the same. I can't even stand to smell that place when we walk by anymore!
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Ho’omahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ Polynesian
March 2007 Polynesian March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
chamonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #559
MFMont
Mouseketeer

While the atmoshere at San Angel in Mexico is fantastic, the food is awful. It had been 5 or so years since my last visit and it seems to have gone downhill. Montezumma is exacting his revenge on a nightly basis at this place. This used to be a favorite (mainly for the atmosphere and decently mediocre food) however i doubt i will return.
MFMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #560
Havana
DIS Veteran

Trails End. The dirtiest restaurant I have ever been in!

Havana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #561
suorkaterina
Mouseketeer

It's so hard in the food and lodging business to evaluate what is a "good" restaurant or a "bad" one. Often it depends on that persons individual experience. I run a B&B and sometimes, on the same day, I can have a person who adored their stay and another person who has nothing but complaints.

When it comes to WDW restaurants, some of my favorite places have been ones that tons of people hate on. I loved Wave. It was my first on property experience with gluten allergies. The chef was super attentive and the food was really good. Our server was also super chatty and nice. Then of course there is Shutters. I've eated there 3 times in the past, 8 years or so. I always found the food really good. I havn't been in the past three though, so who knows.

The one restaurant I would never eat in again has absolutely nothing to do with the food or the service, thought it would have been nice to understand what the chef was saying, I understand that I'm not great with foreign accents so that's probably my bad. The San Angel Inn was so dark that when the chef came out to tell me what on the menu was gluten free, he brought a flashlight with him. Now when the chef automatically brings a flashlight with him to the table, you know the lighting is WAY TOO LOW. I could barely see what i was eating. Though, whatever it was tasted good :-P
suorkaterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #562
DVC~OKW~96
I'm not big on gold as a color. As a metal...that's another story
Spreading the word is an important thing!

We've dined at every restaurant on property with the exception of Victoria and Alberts and Garden Grill.

The one(s) we will not be visiting again:

California Grill. The most miserable experience and lousy food bar none.

Narcooosee's. Horrible server and lousy food.

Kona Cafe: Service that ruined the meal above and beyond the cold food.

House of Blues. Inedible. As in, cannot eat this nasty stuff... so we didn't.

Captain D's. Pasta that was so mushy that it could not be speared on the fork. We didn't bother to send it back, just left.

Others that are not our favorites because of food, or noise, or poor service (but we'll return if our guests insist)

Rainforest Cafe
Sanaa
T-Rex
Wolfgang Puck's Cafe (and this used to be such a favorite)!
Beaches and Cream
Yachtsman's Steakhouse...

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
Heather Small
DVC~OKW~96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #563
Annie B
Earning My Ears

I am very surprised at your Koozina experience! We were there this past Sept. and absoloutely LOVED it!! I had the pork and it was fantastic!! My husband had the fisherman's stew which was great too!!

We loved it and will go at least twice on our next trip!!
Annie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #564
Annie B
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDisney View Post
Hands down, the worst meal I've had at Disney was dinner at Boatwrights (in Port Orleans Riverside)

To be fair, this was about 7 years ago and I don't know what the level of service and the quality of food is like now....but it was terrible back then. While I don't remember the dishes we ordered, I do remember the restaurant being practically empty during a peak time (this should have been an indicator to us). Despite the lack of crowds, the service was still poor and the food came out cold.

So, we scratched that one off the list and never looked back. Plenty of other places to explore and experience.

NO no no no no!! You have to try it again!! We just came back in september and that was our last meal of the trip. The prime rib was delicious, the mac and cheese was the best! My husband had the jumbalya (sp.) and enjoyed that too!! We stayed at the riverside and would do it again in a heartbeat!!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #565
Annie B
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katejay View Post
Artist Point by far is the worst overall meal I have had anywhere not just WDW. Food was awful. Wife had the only vegetarian option as we asked if there was anything else and were told no. First time that has ever happened. It was the House made Sweet potato Gnocchi it was sticky and overcooked. I had the beef tendeloin the worst steak I have had on property. We would have said something if our server had come back to our table. I had to flag down a floor manager to have steak refired and then still was not proper. Still had to find our server for our bill. It was early not busy at all. This was last week.
Artist Point was one of the highlights of our trip in Sept '11. The filet was one of my husbands favorites of the trip and the cobbler is the best!! Oh and the mussles! The mussles for an appetizer were fantastic! They give you so many and the broth at the bottom of the bowl!! Using the bread to sop it up was amazing! I had to stop myself so I would have room for my main course!!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #566
morgy827
DIS Veteran

Definitely Coral Reef. the server actually argued with us stating that because we were from Canada we needed to show our passports as ID and a Drivers License was not sufficient! This is ridiculous...I have used my drivers license all over the US and WDW with no problem. He actually rolled his eyes and walker away! We went to the manager and Guest Services to complain and they said that Drivers Licenses were sufficient and they would talk to the server. Not only was the service bad but the food was the worst we had all trip as well. this was four years ago and I will never go back to Coral Reef
Old 11-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #567
RocketEAR99
DIS Veteran

I've been many places to eat at WDW and have many, MANY more to try. I'll give them a shot if they appeal to me no matter what anyone says, but all that said, so far, only Hollywood & Vine has been permanently crossed off my list.

Don't get me wrong, the food was sufficient for the buffet it is, but at WDW, there are just so many other better options for your money.
My past trips:WDW-1: Jun 1992 (Off Property), WDW-2: Aug 1997 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2007 (POP), WDW-4: Jan 2009 (SSR), WDW-5: May 2009 (BWV), WDW-6: Oct 2009 (AKV Kidani), WDW-7: Mar 2010 (BLT), WDW-8: Jan 2011 (AKV Kidani), WDW-9: May 2011 (SSR), WDW-10: Feb 2012 (OKW), WDW-11: Oct 2012 (VWL), WDW-12: May 2013 (BWV)

Me Maverick

RocketEAR99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #568
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

I have to add California Grill to this list, the food was wonderful. The service was awful, she served us the drinks then disappeared we literally had to call someone over. First time I ever complained to the manager at any restaurant.

I also did not care for San Angel Inn. Much to dark in the restaurant itself & the food was gross. :/
Old 09-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #569
CraigInPA
Since June 1974

Tony's Town Square. The pasta was over-cooked. The marinara tasted like it was from a jar. The chicken had the consistency of rubber. It was, in a word, disgusting.
CraigInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #570
Disneyteers
Addicted To The Mouse

Tusker house lunch buffet. Food didn't taste all that great.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: