Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #541
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Was just re-reading this thread. Thought I'd mention that we were not impressed with Ohana breakfast. Very slow service and while the food was good, it was basic breakfast served family style - eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, waffles and biscuits. Hardly any variety and you pay about $25 per person for it. So it seems to me you are really paying for Lilo & Stitch here. We found breakfast buffets to be a much better value with more selection.

Also probably wouldn't do Tony's again unless there were no other options. I got the spaghetti and meatballs which was just ok, but there wasn't much else on the menu I would order. My BF got the steak and it was very small.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #542
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Long thread but decided to reply........

We're Disney veterans....45 trips since 1977 and have been thru the gambit of restaurants over all tohse stays.....where we won't go back....and we're not picky or choosey....

Ohauna for dinner.....Golden Corral is better and we're not Corral fans either..

Le Cellier....again, over hyped Sizzlin atmosphere and medicore food at best..

Narcossee's....over hyped and over priced and small portions...only thing we did enjoy (years ago) we the yards of beer....

Cinderell'a Royal Table.....way over priced and medicore food....

Wave....at the Contemporary...very small portions, medicore food and lacks windows and atmosphere....

AKL...any restaurant there....just not our type of food.....

That about round it out for us to places we won't return to....we're not foodies but thru the years....meals have gotten worse to the point we don't care to eat any TS restaurants......CS is more decent for a lot less money....I'll pay good money for a decent meal (except V&A, for that kind of money I can stay 3 more nights at the WL, for what...food?)...but it's all in the eyes of the beholder.....that's why we never get the dining plan.....even if it's free...there's no place that warrants us eating there just because we have credits to burn......

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #543
klmspotter
Earning My Ears

I will probably get flamed but we ate at Rose Crown and Pub last year on our last night it was horrible service was good but fish was bland steak had no flavor was the worst meal we had all week. I was so looking forward to that meal last night and great fish NOT.
2009 CSR :
2010 CBR :
2011 BC-Dec 11-18
2012 POP Sept 14
2012 AOA Sept 15-22
klmspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #544
KatieCollette
Once upon a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmspotter View Post
I will probably get flamed but we ate at Rose Crown and Pub last year on our last night it was horrible service was good but fish was bland steak had no flavor was the worst meal we had all week. I was so looking forward to that meal last night and great fish NOT.
Aww I love Rose and Crown! We always get the fish and steak to and its our favorite meal every trip. To each their own though!
KatieCollette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #545
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmspotter View Post
I said we wouldn't go to R&C earlier in this thread and someone agreed

Our service was fine, we just found there to be not a huge selection. Only thing I would eat was the fish and chips which were fine but nothing special.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #546
sandieb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
We're Disney veterans....45 trips since 1977 and have been thru the gambit of restaurants over all tohse stays.....where we won't go back....and we're not picky or choosey....

Ohauna for dinner.....Golden Corral is better and we're not Corral fans either..

Le Cellier....again, over hyped Sizzlin atmosphere and medicore food at best..

Narcossee's....over hyped and over priced and small portions...only thing we did enjoy (years ago) we the yards of beer....

Cinderell'a Royal Table.....way over priced and medicore food....

Wave....at the Contemporary...very small portions, medicore food and lacks windows and atmosphere....

That about round it out for us to places we won't return to....we're not foodies but thru the years....meals have gotten worse to the point we don't care to eat any TS restaurants......CS is more decent for a lot less money....I'll pay good money for a decent meal (except V&A, for that kind of money I can stay 3 more nights at the WL, for what...food?)...but it's all in the eyes of the beholder.....that's why we never get the dining plan.....even if it's free...there's no place that warrants us eating there just because we have credits to burn......
I completely agree with your assessment of these restaurants - except for Ohana - we have always enjoyed our meals. However, I am also disppointed in many meals - they weren't bad, but so over-priced that eating out has lost a lot of appeal.
sandieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #547
peacelover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoJo15 View Post
It also had a fowl smell...not sure what that was from?
A Chicken?
peacelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #548
AshleyAnn
Mouseketeer

The Coral Reef - We waited FOREVER to be seated for our reservations. We had purchased the package with the candlelight processional last December and missed the event completely. The waiting room was so crowded people were sitting on the floor waiting! When we finally did get seated our service was awful. The waiter just kept complaining about the manager and kitchen staff. Our food was awful and cold. (they ended up comping the whole thing, including the even tickets)

The Yachtsman Steakhouse - Just really bad service. Seemed like the waiter was distracted and didn't want to deal with us. I thought the food was OK but DH didn't and he was really excited about this place.
April 2012 - Caribbean Resort * 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside * 2010 - Coronado Springs * 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge * 1999 - High School Band Trip! (off site) * 1996 - Wilderness Lodge * 1994 - The Cabins at Wilderness Lodge

AshleyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #549
Eeyore98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie111 View Post
Pizzafari & Planet Pizza both had the same exact gross pizza. I don't know why so many people say those are good places for counter service.
I have recommended Pizzafari to people before, but ONLY for the hot Italian sandwich. That is actually pretty good.
Eeyore98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:46 AM   #550
Disney Spaz
DIS Veteran

We will never do;

1.Coral Reef again - the wait staff was nice and we got to sit next to the tank but the food was awful. Even with picking off of each others plates we could not find anything we felt was descent. But we are from Maryland and have pretty high expectations for seafood due to our close to the bay location.

2. Aekurshu - the food was awful the wait serviced sucked! Our waitress came and took our order and brought out drinks after that we never saw her again. Someone else brought the food and we had to ask another server for the check. It was awful. In addition the meat was full of grissle and was chewy.

Beyond these two there are others I wouldn't eat at again because I didn't like the spiceyness of the food ie Sanaa but the rest of my family loved it and I would never tell someone who liked that type of food not to go just because my palate doesn't enjoy it.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #551
DisneyCrazyMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie111 View Post
Pizzafari & Planet Pizza both had the same exact gross pizza. I don't know why so many people say those are good places for counter service.
Never done Pizzafari but agree that the pizza at Pizza Planet is mediocre pizza. But I would guess that people talk about it because it's Pizza Planet... and kids LOVE Buzz Lightyear. My son liked getting the mickey ears rice krispy. LOL

lots of miles each way to the mouse!

2009 room at CBR, 2010 room at CBR, 2011 Wilderness Lodge and three trips as a kid all offsite.
DisneyCrazyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #552
Disneynut5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAnn View Post
The Coral Reef - We waited FOREVER to be seated for our reservations. We had purchased the package with the candlelight processional last December and missed the event completely. The waiting room was so crowded people were sitting on the floor waiting! When we finally did get seated our service was awful. The waiter just kept complaining about the manager and kitchen staff. Our food was awful and cold. (they ended up comping the whole thing, including the even tickets)

The Yachtsman Steakhouse - Just really bad service. Seemed like the waiter was distracted and didn't want to deal with us. I thought the food was OK but DH didn't and he was really excited about this place.
WE have reservations for Coral Reef for CP package. I really hope that this does not happen to us! OUr reservation is for 4:05Pm for the 6:45PM show. I would hate to miss that! And since we are on the dining plan I am not sure how they would comp us for the package.
December 2011 - POR
Disneynut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #553
jlevis
Mouseketeer

ABC Commisary - so-so food and way overcrowded.
Nine Dragons - service was good but very small portions and the food was bland.
jlevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #554
Tony-NJ
Ready for Spring!!!
Needs at least 8 hours
Loves weeping willows

Olivia's for Dinner - we were looking forward to a very casual dinner, the service is always great in there but niether of us enjoyed our food. The prime rib was Charlie Brown's quality at best. We do enjoy Breakfast and lunch here though.

Ohana - horrible service and food - we went a few times.

That's really about it.
Tony-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #555
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner - we were all ill after having the skillet

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: