Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #466
AmyBeth68
Relentless Forward Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoJo15 View Post
It also had a fowl smell...not sure what that was from?
I know! What the heck....and dirty. Couldn't run out of there fast enough. Yikes!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #467
newmommy_2010
Mouseketeer

Crystal Palace- WAYYY over priced for the bland food you get on the buffet. Characters were rushed as so many people there. Just didn't feel like you get good food for the money.

Tusker House- WORST meal EVER! We had sinner here and the only thing we liked was the peanut butter and jelly from the kids section.

Garden Grill- Did not like the food at all & slow service!
Discovery Toys Independent Consultant www.discoverytoyslink.com/ashleysdtoys2011

newmommy_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2011, 04:29 AM   #468
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

I have been to WDW 9 times and I can honestly say I have never had a terrible meal. I have to be honest, I'm somewhat a creature of habit and I'm not particularly "experimental". A lot of people have mentioned the Hollywood & Vine, I don't know if that's a new thing, but we ate there (for the fantasmic dinner package) in 2008 and it was OK, nothing spectacular but no complaints.

I agree with the Spirit of Aloha complaints, I found the food edible at best, service was rushed and although the server did comply with request, it seemed to be grudgingly. Not worth paying for, but if you've got the DDP and you get it for free... you can accept it!

Places I would definitely eat again....

Artist Pointe
Trails End
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #469
sophie832
Addicted to DL and WDW!

We took two dining-intensive trips in late 2011 and earlier this year, and I think the only restaurant I was disappointed with was Teppan Edo. None of the restaurants we ate at had truly terrible food, and we never got sick, but I just wasn't happy with TE.

First, we were just two people, and we got seated with two families who were part of an even larger group that occupied many of the tables in the dining room. So, I guess that already made things a bit awkward, since we were left out of the conversations. Second, we saw the "show" at a nearby table when they had their dinner, and it was the exact same thing at our table, so there wasn't much variety in what the chefs did. Third, the chefs seemed to really be there for the kids, and everything they did was oriented towards the kids at our table (who seemed totally disinterested, mainly because they too had already seen everything at the other table). Finally, the food itself wasn't that great. They use a lot of oil to cook on the grill, and everything was oily. DH thought it was pretty good, but I wasn't impressed. I was glad we were on the DDP, since at least I didn't feel the burn of paying the high prices. Oh, and the dessert selection is between 2 items...we had one of each, and neither was very good.

I guess we could've been worse off in terms of dining, but looking back that is the only place where I actually regret wasting an ADR.

On our second trip, we didn't have a great CA Grill experience (so-so food, so-so waiter, and a storm that prevented any fireworks viewing), but I would be willing to give it another shot.
January 2011 Dining Review!
sophie832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #470
buckirj1
DIS Veteran

For me, it was Liberty Tree Tavern and Boatwright's. I wanted to like them, and tried to like them, but...didn't. Maybe I chose the wrong menu items, but the only thing I liked about my meal at Liberty Tree Tavern was the side of succotash, and Boatwright's sweet potato pancakes were a gooey, undercooked mess.

I might have liked both restaurants had I ordered something different. I might try them again someday.
buckirj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #471
KatieCollette
Once upon a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckirj1 View Post
For me, it was Liberty Tree Tavern and Boatwright's. I wanted to like them, and tried to like them, but...didn't. Maybe I chose the wrong menu items, but the only thing I liked about my meal at Liberty Tree Tavern was the side of succotash, and Boatwright's sweet potato pancakes were a gooey, undercooked mess.

I might have liked both restaurants had I ordered something different. I might try them again someday.
Even though we've stayed at POR before, and we will again for this next trip, we haven't ate at Boatwrights and never plan to. Their menu just looks unappetizing to me.
KatieCollette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #472
Babbletrish
DIS Veteran

Liberty. Inn.

Some people might be eating so I won't explain what happened to me not thirty seconds after eating there. I will instead use this .gif:

Babbletrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #473
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

I didn't like Yachtsmen Steakhouse. The service was slow, the waiter paid more attention to the other tables than to us, the food was ok, mashed potatoes were WAY to salty & the dessert was so-so.

I had really looked forward to YS for a long time, that was why I had booked it for our last dinner. It really disappointed me.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #474
Iwant2BAprincess
DIS Veteran

my to not to list

I have 4 that are never agains.

1. Marakesh-smelled like a barn, tasted like a barn
2. Mama Melrose-they managed to make asparagus taste like ashes-never again
3. Hollywood and Vine-eww!
4. Our lastest addition from last week...Biergarten. I was very curious and truly found that the buffet didn't really offer many options, food was meh and the overall cost was (thank goodness for the ddp)
Iwant2BAprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #475
arjones31
Mouseketeer

Tony's Town Plaza

To be fair it was the last meal of a week-long trip on the DDP. We are all full and tired, and also sad to be leaving for home that same day. However, it took FOREVER to be seated; we had an ADR and it was only half-full. The choices, IMHO, were very limited. My DS picked at his "spaghetti" and my daughter did not even try hers. The husband and I made great attempts since we did not want to "waste" our money, but it just was not happening. On the plus side, the atmosphere is spectacular! The interior is just lovely and is very reminiscent of Lady and the Tramp, complete with a fountain of them in the middle of the main dining room. My husband wants to try it again for a fair shot. I just don't know it I can - I can make better at home.

DH (37); me (36); DS(7); DD (4)

June 2012 - ASMusic
May 2011 - CBR Pirate Water View
November 2010 for NCTE conference - Beach Club
June 2009 - ASMu Family Suite
July 2007 - ASSports
June 2005 - ASMusic
July 2004 - Off Site
June 2002 - Off Site
March 2001 - Disneymoon
June 1998 - Off Site
1979-1998 - too many to count!
arjones31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #476
KarenR122
Earning My Ears

We have never really had an truly awful meal at WDW but we will never go back to Crystal Palace for dinner or the Wave. Just not our favorites.
KarenR122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:19 AM   #477
Ron from Michigan
Our first Grandchild !!!

Olivia's. Hot food was cold and service was terrible.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:48 AM   #478
mindyd
DIS Veteran

Tony's I have never had worst service in my life she literally threw the plates on the table and was so rude and the food was just gross.
mindyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #479
laine&connorsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villains_Rock View Post
Wow...I keep seeing H&V. I kinda thought things had shaped up there! The last 2 times we have eaten there we LOVED it. We are trying 'Ohana for the first time in Sept and am a little nervous. I figured it was fitting since we are going with my full family for the first time. Me, DH, MS and my parents. Anyone have anything good to say about the place anymore?!?!

The really didn't care for my meal at '50s Prime Time (pork) and I also HATED the make your own pasta that gets rave reviews at POR. It was sooo greasy and not much "goods" to the dish...mostly noodles and grease. Oh and CM...like others have said it is noisy and filthy. They really should concentrate on having a constant cleaning crew to wipe down the serving areas! Not only that but we were seated in one of those far back corners against a window that was covered in dead bugs. I understand the size of the building, but maybe a spray down every now and again would help it be a more appetizing place for the guests to dine! Just gross.
I love O'hana, it is one of our favorites!!
Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Poly, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Art of Animation...Cars, All Star Sports, All Star Movies and Pop Century Me DH DS DDDCDC:
laine&connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #480
laine&connorsmom
Mouseketeer

I will never go back to Tony's, Chef Mickeys for dinner, ABC Commisionary or Yak and Yeti cs. CRT and Akershus we only do for breakfast. Didn't like dinner/lunch at either.
Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Poly, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Art of Animation...Cars, All Star Sports, All Star Movies and Pop Century Me DH DS DDDCDC:
laine&connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: