Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #436
LBlovesM&WDW
Mouseketeer

Our worst meal on property ever was dinner at Chefs de France on my actual birthday and HM. The server was rude once he realized we were not ordering wine or apps. Once we ordered, our food was in front of us in 2 minutes. My duck was obviously sitting under heat lamps and looked and tasted blah. My H liked his chicken okay, but he isn't very picky. I was done when Remy came by, but my H was still planning to finish. The waiter came and took his plate, without asking and we didn't realize till Remy was gone. He was furious and is usually a very easy-going guy, but he only ate a 1/4 of his meal. He didn't want to complain and basically just wanted to get out of there. We will never return there. We left and went to MK where he ate a hot dog.
LBlovesM&WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #437
JandT'smom
DIS Veteran

Tony's town Square awful - Bad bad service and bad food

Hollywood and Vine- bad food
JandT'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #438
E&As Mom
Mouseketeer

Only 2 places come to mind

I will never again visit Hollywood and Vine or Tony's.

Hollywood and Vine was one of the dirtiest places I've ever been in. Either we got seated before the table/area had been cleaned up, or whoever did it, did a lousy job. The food was totally forgettable. Normally, my family and I enjoy buffets, since there is so much to choose from and usually a decent variety. But the food was blah.

We just tried Tony's this past trip (ate there on 9/6/11 for dinner) and the food was very boring. My pasta tasted as though it had been sitting around for awhile, the sauce was bland, and the chicken was dry. DH had the seafood pasta; while he ate it all, he said there was nothing overly great about it. He was hungry, so he didn't care much. DD - 9 had the spaghetti and meatballs and ate about 1/3 of it (she's normally a great pasta eater). She agreed the sauce lacked any real taste. DD - 6 had the kids pizza, and she did eat it all. I will say the desserts (I had the walnut lemon cake, and DH had the cheesecake of the day) were the only real bright spots.

Overall, we've had good luck dining most places. It's interesting to read others' experiences.

Visits:
1977 - mid 1990s - Too many visits to count, 1999 - Delayed Honeymoon and DH's 1st trip to The World , 2008 - POR - Grand Gathering of 14 Mousekeeteers and our girls' first trip to The World, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - CSR, 2013 - All Star Sports - Surprise trip to proudly watch my niece march @ MK, 2013 - CSR, 2014 - Old Key West - Celebration Vacation! , 2015 - Yacht Club
DCL:
October 2014 - Disney Wonder
E&As Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #439
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

1900 Park Fare for dinner. The character intervention was fine, the strawberry soup was great, but the remainder left something to be desired! Glad I was on the dining plan and didn't have to pay for this oop.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #440
brown1442
Mouseketeer

Honestly, I don't regret trying anything once. Everyone has different tastes and I go into every meal remembering that notion.

We left one of our trips 4 years ago swearing we'd never go back to Coral Reef. Not because the food was bad (it wasn't, it was fine) but because the service was SLOW and we ended up missing half of Illuminations because of it (meal took nearly 3 hours... it was awful). BUT... we are trying it again this trip because the location is convenient... we'll see.

We did NOT like Sunshine Seasons that most people swear by and same for Columbia Harbor House. Food was nasty and service was terrible... especially at Sunshine Seasons.

But on the flip side we've always enjoyed Ohana... its our first night tradition each trip. We just love it there

Point is... everyone's different... so... don't change ADRs based on other's... try something for yourself
brown1442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #441
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

T-Rex......they offered a blacken salmon at one point...it wasn't merely blackened....it was incinerated!!!

DVCconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #442
walkdmc

DIS Veteran

The Plaza was the only place that still stands out as a big negative. There were places we didn't enjoy, like LTT for dinner and Tony's but The Plaza was just terrible and our server was incredibly disrespectful of our time.
walkdmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #443
Iowa
Earning My Ears

Cape may cafe clambake...not good!
Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #444
Dr Gevil
Send me to WDW or pay $1 Meeelion dollars!!

Only time we were truly disappointed was going to Coral Reef two years ago.

Everywhere else we've eaten at WDW has either met or exceeded expectations. CR was such a letdown in service (sloooow), food (meh), and atmosphere (shoved in back corner farthest away from tank after 45+ wait past ADR).

Dr Gevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #445
ChrissyClark
Simply mad about the Mouse!

Another vote for Tony's. It was, by far, the worst meal I've ever had at WDW in my 12+ trips. Bland, cold food...very unfriendly waiter who looked at us like we were dirt...terrible right down to being seated darn near on top of an air-conditioning vent. I was shivering 5 minutes into the meal. I've never wanted to get out of a restaurant so badly in all my life.
ChrissyClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #446
terrifictoys
Earning My Ears

Chefs de France was our worst experience ever. Took forever to eat there (nearly three hours for dinner), the food was awful and the service was the worst I have had anywhere. Maybe it was part of the theme since service in Europe is not as quick as we Americans like it to be, however, I was not impressed with any aspect of the meal.

Chef Mickey's is another one that I would not go back to. There were birds in the dining area and the food was aweful even by buffet standards.

Narcoossee's was the biggest disappointment as far as quality for the cost is concerned. I was tempted to enter the kitchen and show them the correct way to cook a scallop. They were terrible. The lobster wasn't great and the waiter came over and gave the kids some of the glowing ice cubes that would normally come in an alcoholic specialty drink to put in their sprites and then charged us six dollars for them. I didn't ask for them nor did I care if we had them and then he got upset when I told him that I didn't want them.

The BEST dining of all time is Artist Point (ate there twice on the last trip and they treat you great on special occasions with comp champagne, personalized menus and great service).
terrifictoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #447
kateybee
Mouseketeer

Just the one- Sci-Fi Cafe.... barely edible food. The highlight was the very nice waiter and the milkshake. Other than those two things it was worthless. I had to get QS soon after since neither kid ate more than a couple of bites.

April 1988- Off site- My first trip at age 7. April 1992- Carribean Beach at age 11. April 1996- What was then Dixie Landings at age 15. January 2011- First trip as the mom! Pop Century. September 2011- Loved it so much we're heading back for seconds- Pop Century again. October 2012- Even though we said we'd wait a few years..... we're heading back again!! All Star Music this time around.

Help me help my Vietnam Vet father:
http://www.*************/qgocw
kateybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #448
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

Just got back and answer is the Wave! Restaurant felt dirty- service was only so so- and altho the menu sounded good- nothing was that delicious or well done.

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay
Booked for March 2014 for 6 nights at Coronado Springs!
jude&jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #449
DisDr.
Caution: Doors Open Automagically Toward You

Coral Reef. Slow service, small portions, nothing special as far as the food goes. We had reservation for 13...they split our party into 2 table about 20ft apart.
DIS Dad's Club Member #475 DISDads Facebook Group Member

DisDr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:11 PM   #450
BLTLDZ
Loving our DVC :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude&jonah View Post
Just got back and answer is the Wave! Restaurant felt dirty- service was only so so- and altho the menu sounded good- nothing was that delicious or well done.
We felt the same way in December!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: