Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #421
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

Only 3

Coral Reef. Atmosphere was lovely, service was good. Food was not.

Jiko. Service was awful, food was just so-so. Not worth 2 TS credits.

Boma (dinner) we are not picky eaters, but all the food had the same cinnamon-y flavor. That being said, we are trying their breakfast this year.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #422
brerdawg
Disney Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusvv View Post
Coral Reef Restaurant: We were seated in a table furthest away from the aquarium in some ridiculous booth setup where you share a split table with strangers. Everyone was uncomfortable, the food was not good, the restaurant was noisy, and it seemed like it was our servers first night (he was flustered and had trouble getting orders and remembering things like drink refills).

It wasn't all bad, the dessert there was good.
we had three great experiences there!

Tree House Villas 1997
Pop Century 2005
Coronado Springs 2008, 2012
Beach Club 2010

brerdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #423
brerdawg
Disney Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePain View Post
I don't know if I would say I regret eating at any restaurants. I'm glad I got the chance to form my own opinions of restaurants. However, the ones we won't be going back to are:

Crystal Palace (dinner)- The service was pretty bad the last few times (had trouble getting drink refills or clearing off plates, which is basically all they have to do). The characters skipped whole sections of the restaurant. The food was tateless and bland and several of the "hot dishes" were pretty cold.

'Ohana- Some of the worst service we have had anywhere. On our last trip our waiter was awful, I saw him spending more time standing around then would come to the table and tell us how busy he was, forgot to bring things out to our table. The meats were dry, overcooked and tasteless, the appitizers and sides tasted like something out of the freezer section of a super market. We gave it a few chances and it kept getting worse.

Coral Reef- A shell of it's former self, so to speak. The menu and execution of the menu has gone way downhill from what it was when I was a kid. Hated sitting next to the aquarium. A bunch of kids were basically hanging over our table while we were trying to eat, often yelling back to thier parents/siblings. It was very intrusive and basically destroyed our last visit there.

We also did not like Le Cellier. It was maybe a small step above a chain steakhouse like Outback (which I don't like). However, we have not been there since it became signature, so I can't comment too much on how it is now. But, we are not in a rush to try it.
Probably describes why we liked LeCellier, we love the Outback.

Tree House Villas 1997
Pop Century 2005
Beach Club 2010

Old 07-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #424
brerdawg
Disney Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAdisneymom View Post
You may not want to jump on the "cancelling train" just yet.

Out of 5 TS meals last November, Coral Reef was our favorite, by far. We had the sweetest waitress, I wish I could remember her name. I had some roasted pork dish that I loved more than anything else I ate all trip. My hubby had the steak, said it was perfectly cooked, and the mashed potatoes was the best he's ever eaten. Somehow they cooked asparagus so nicely, my SUPER picky stepson gobbled them up, when before he wouldnt even consider them. So there's another take on Coral Reef for ya.

PS. If you go, GET THE CHOCOLATE WAVE.. OMG...
Definately loved the chocolate wave!

Tree House Villas 1997
Pop Century 2005
Beach Club 2010

Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #425
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCollette View Post
And why?

for us Hollywood and Vine (nuff said)

Hollywood and Vine had great character breakfast last October not sure about dinner there.Mama Melrose was our worst dinner and Chef Mickeys the service and food was horrible.
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #426
umieesa
Mouseketeer

agree about Marrakesh...I think that was about the worst.

I saw you have 1900 PF on your list. It's not that it was bad (the food was O K), but I just didn't like the noise level and crowds. I had read how others complained about that, but thought since we weren't going during a busy time it wouldn't be too bad, but it was
umieesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #427
KatieCollette
Once upon a time...

bump

I'm making some minor changes to my ADR's and want to see if anyone has anything else to add! Especially newer reviews of regrettable restaurants.

Also wanted to add on, I had a horrible dinner at POP. While I would def eat there again, I will NEVER eat the Mediterranean flatbread. It tastes like kalamata olives, and nothing else. Even after I picked it all the olives off. Blech.

Last edited by KatieCollette; 09-19-2011 at 03:36 PM.
KatieCollette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #428
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Marrakesh..While the atmosphere, service and entertainment were wonderful the food was just tasteless. once was enough for enough.

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #429
donaldandpirates
Mouseketeer

Marrakesh - The food was bad, but the server was great!
1900 Park Faire - With the exception of the strawberry soup, the food was not all that great.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #430
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Jiko, terrible greasy food and service that was non existent.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #431
rusty4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Crystal Palace dinner, LeCellier, Garden Grill, Sanaa, Jiko

The winner for my worst meal ever was Garden Grill.

Oh No! We have that booked instead of Chef Mickey's this year.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #432
katie111
DIS Veteran

Chef Mickey's dinner & Garden Grill dinner. Food at both was not good. Chef Mickey's felt like we were at a factory the last time we ate there. The place was dirty, the food was mediocre & not hot, and the characters rushed by us. It was my son's birthday & it was barely acknowledged. My husband declared "no more buffets" after that one. It was pretty gross.

Garden Grill had good character interaction but there just aren't many characters (let's face it, Chip & Dale pretty much look identical!). The food was bland & our waitress was terrible. We asked for turkey with no gravy & she brought it twice with gravy. Is that really that hard to remember?
Off site 2008

Wilderness Lodge 2008
Caribbean Beach 2009

Off site 2010
POR 2010, Swan 2011
All Star Music/Movies 2012
Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2013
katie111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #433
ScoJo15
There will be days when I don't know if I can run a marathon. There will be a lifetime knowing that I have. ~ Unknown

A couple that I've eaten at and will definitely not go back:

Tony's Town Square - I don't think the food had much flavor. The members of my group all agreed...meaning it was not just my spaghetti.

Flying Fish - Extremely disappointed with this place. I didn't necessarily like the atmosphere, but the lackluster food is the reason I will not return.

Liberty Tree Tavern - Qualifies as the worst meal I've had on Disney property. We did the character dinner and it was awful. Food was not cooked right and simply was not good.

I'm always willing to overlook poor service and give a place a second chance, but when the food is bad I tend to not go back.

So hard to make decisions though as so many of us have good/bad experiences at nearly every restaurant!

Hope you have a nice trip
ScoJo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #434
myjourney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
After reading through all of these I think maybe I should cancel everyplace and just take along a jar of peanut butter and some bread. But then again, I actually like McDonald's.........
It's funny you should say that. We always go for at least one breakfast to the McDonald"s on I think it's called the crossroads because we are in awe of how clean and what good service it has. Even the teenagers in our group ask if this was really a McDonald"s

Dec 2014 Fort Wilderness 8 nights
Oct 2014 Fort Wilderness 14 nights
Oct 2013 Fort Wilderness 9 nights
May 2013 4 nights AKL, 5 nights at POR (love Yeeha Bob!)
May 2012 5 nights AKL, 3 nights BCV, and 4 nights SSR TH
March 2011 SSR and POR
October 2010 CSR
May 2010 Kidani Village and Saratoga Spring Resort
Oct 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
Nov 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort
June 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
myjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #435
myjourney
DIS Veteran

Places we will not go back to:

1. Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show- The food was terrible, there was something wrong with the waiter, his eyes were very glazed over and he really seemed like someone who had been drinking,came close to dropping food on us several times and could not even tell us what we were being served, those of us that ate there on our trip were all very sick around 24 hours after

2. Plaza Restaurant- bad service, terrible food. My husband ordered the meatloaf and is not fussy but it was unlike any meatloaf I have ever tasted

3. Scifi Dine In- Years ago we enjoyed it but the last couple of times have convinced us not to go back. Hamburgers were awful, but the worst part is we were seated in a car behind two girls we didn't know and every time the girl shook her head it was over my food. They should not put strangers together in those cars, it is crazy to have someones hair hanging over another's eating area. YUK!

4. Whispering Canyon- Same as others, food was greasy and service was bad.

5. T-REX at night- We love the food and atmosphere at T-REX but I will only go at lunch. Every lunch has been great, but 3 times we tried dinner and the service was so bad we decide never to go at night again.

Dec 2014 Fort Wilderness 8 nights
Oct 2014 Fort Wilderness 14 nights
Oct 2013 Fort Wilderness 9 nights
May 2013 4 nights AKL, 5 nights at POR (love Yeeha Bob!)
May 2012 5 nights AKL, 3 nights BCV, and 4 nights SSR TH
March 2011 SSR and POR
October 2010 CSR
May 2010 Kidani Village and Saratoga Spring Resort
Oct 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
Nov 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort
June 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
myjourney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: