Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #361
patches07
DIS Veteran

Hollywood and Vine was just plain nasty

patches07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #362
Tara922c
DIS Veteran

Boatrights at POR. Could have been that it was arrival day and we had been awake going on 24 hours. The waiter seemed to give us the cold shoulder seeing that we didn't order any alcohal, but was very attentive to the table next to us with more people, and alcohal all around. The food was just "okay". My food was gross, dh's was alright, but the deserts were tasty. I wouldn't go there again.

Crystal Palace for dinner. We were starving, and had to wait about an hour past our ADR time, only to be sat at a two top. (wouldn't be so bad if it was just the two of us, but it was me, dh, and dd). I had to ask the lady next to me to get up, so I could get out to use the restroom. I ended up not being able to get up for characters because I didn't want to disturb the lady next to me every 5 seconds. Dh described the food as medicore wedding food. Oh, and the only time we saw our waiter was when he took our drink order, and dropped the check.
Tara922c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #363
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

Captain Jack's - Terrible service and when the food finally came out it was pretty bad.

Whispering Canyon - This was so hyped up. The server's shpiel seemed really forced. We had that skillet thing which all I remember was tasting fat, salt and chewy corn. Seriously, some of these buffets should serve a diuretic for dessert.

I miss WDW before it was dumbed down with the food plan.

We have ADR's for Coral Reef in four weeks. You guys have me scared.
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #364
epcot.girl
DIS Veteran

Hollywood & Vine (bad service)
Narcoossee's (slow service and very disappointing food)

epcot.girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #365
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGoofy1 View Post
This will probably not be a popular answer with most here, but Chef Mickey's is by far the most overrated place we have eaten at. The food is below average, the characters barely take time to stop by your table, and the atmosphere is less then desirable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp12831 View Post
Right on - I can't believe the number of people that like CM - crowded (too many tables so the character visits are uncomfortable), dirty buffet, bathrooms a mile away from the tables. Yuck.

I so agree with you about Chef Mickeys. I didnt like the food at all. The atmosphere was atrocious. The place was filthy. The only good thing is the characters. They were pretty great, I gotta admit.

1900 PF dinner was gross too, awful selection. But I loved the characters! A RIOT! And the atmosphere was nice.

Tony's was by far the worst of the worst. It was inedible and absolutely disgusting. I'd much sooner crack open a can of chef boyardee Than to eat here again.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #366
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

Chef Mickey's. The roast beef was cold and bleeding. Bleh.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #367
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

I would agree that the worst is Hollywood and Vine. Second would be whispering canyon. Third would be Coral Reef.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #368
Jenngoofys
Goofyjenn

A Bad meal at Disney is better than any meal at home LOL I personally would rather be eating a bad meal at 1900 Park Fare than sitting in my living room reading about it, knowing once I was done picking at my Cold Buffet food I would still be in Disney and on Vacation.

That being said 1900 Park Fare was the only place we did not enjoy the majority of the food, most being cold when it was supposed to be hot. However The Character interaction and entertainment was by far the best of all the character meals we have been to. (perhaps that is why we gave this place a second try on our last trip, only to find the same results). And may actually brave the buffet again due to the characters!! (yet a third time, third times a charm right )

I know we are just asking for it LOL

Jenngoofys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #369
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Biergarten and Coral Reef
Left both places hungry and wishing I had made other ADRs.
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #370
Iowa
Earning My Ears

Beaches and cream...overrated...just a greasy burger joint!
Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:22 AM   #371
drmommy
Mouseketeer

The two big disappointments on our last trip:

Tokyo Dining...the worst meal we've had EVER at WDW , and

Narcoosee's...I agree with a PP in that the service s*cked and the food was just barely ok...the only good thing was the view.
July 2008 - AKL - First Trip - 18 weeks pregnant with DS#2
May 2009 - Contemporary Resort
September 2009 - Contemporary Resort
June 2010 - Bay Lake Tower
December 2010 - Bay Lake Tower
May 2011 - Boardwalk Villas
December 2011 - Bay Lake Tower/CSR

drmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:26 AM   #372
dulluth
Mouseketeer

I just goes to show you ...

I think this thread just goes to show you that there are no clear answers. I see Crystal Palace getting many bad reviews, but we have NEVER had a bad experience there. Other than Coral Reef, which was not awful, but just not as good as others we have tried, we have had almost all positive experiences ... maybe it's all in the attitude? Not sure? Anyway, I remember many years ago one poster stated that she did not like San Angel because it was cold, dark, and there were people riding through while they were eating, which she found offensive that a restaurant would do. One of the next posters stated that she loved the San Angel because it was cool, dark, and had a ride running right through, so they could watch it while they were eating. Hmmmm. I think the lesson is, try what you want to try ... don't let other's experiences be yours.
dulluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #373
KrazyKollector
Mouseketeer

I have a question for the diners who have been unhappy.

First is a general question. Are you still supposed to tip 18% at the buffets when the servers don't do much?

If you have bad service, either at a buffet or served meal, do let that reflect on the tip or do you tip the standard anyways?

If I am out somewhere and the food is bad, I will tell the manager but not take it out on the wait staff. If I get horrid service, I let them know via my tip. If I have outstanding service, I let them know via tip. I have tipped $12 on a $28 bill and $10 on a $50 meal.

I would like to know what diners do at Disney. Please.
KrazyKollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #374
epcot.girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKollector View Post
I have a question for the diners who have been unhappy.

First is a general question. Are you still supposed to tip 18% at the buffets when the servers don't do much?

If you have bad service, either at a buffet or served meal, do let that reflect on the tip or do you tip the standard anyways?

If I am out somewhere and the food is bad, I will tell the manager but not take it out on the wait staff. If I get horrid service, I let them know via my tip. If I have outstanding service, I let them know via tip. I have tipped $12 on a $28 bill and $10 on a $50 meal.

I would like to know what diners do at Disney. Please.
I can't remember what we did at Narcoossee's (we probably left the minimum tip - the server was nice but just a bit useless) but at H&V we left a 1 cent tip. I got the feeling that the H&V server was disinterested because we were British and he assumed we didn't know how to tip (which is complete rubbish - we have minimum wage in the UK and still tip wait staff, hair dressers, taxi drivers, etc. if the service is good), so we left an unbelievably insulting tip in return for his attitude towards us. His loss, because we tip very generously for good service.

epcot.girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:08 AM   #375
mpetti
DIS Veteran

I have no regrets. Never ate a meal at WDW that was that bad and can't remember ever having bad service.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: