Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #331
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

I have no regrets as far as restaurants we have tried at WDW. And I never had a particularly horrible meal there, just a few disappointments here and there. They are:

1. Captain's Grill dinner...we were just not impressed, and we would like to try a different resort restaurant next time. Nothing terrible, just nothing special. Perhaps it would be better for a quiet breakfast instead of going there for dinner.

2. Whispering Canyon...at first, we loved the antics, and the kids enjoyed the horse races. Then the same antics over and over started to "get old". Especially the ketchup one. It was fun the first couple of times, but over and over again we just found it to be annoying. Food was fine, but nothing special.

3. Marrakesh...this was a big disappointment. We had enjoyed the CS in Morocco 2 years before, and were looking forward to trying the TS. The food was all right, but the CS was much better. Service was so-so. It was our last dinner of the trip too, it would have been better someplace else. Other people rave about this place, but it just wasn't for us.

4. Le Cellier...DS6 loves steak, and they have it on the kids' menu so we decided to try it. I went in without high expectations because I know how much hype this place gets, but I wanted to judge for myself. Yes, the bread and the cheddar soup were great. The quality of the meat was very good. But, I found the food to be very salty, and I don't like a lot of salt. The mushroom sauce on the filet was salty, and I subbed the potato gratin in place of the risotto...the potato gratin just tasted like pure salt. I took 2 bites, then couldn't eat any more. DS6 loved it because he got to eat steak, but we will try Yachtsman next time instead.

Like I said, I have no regrets because none of these experiences was completely horrible. But, they are just places that are no longer on our list.

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #332
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

After reading through all of these I think maybe I should cancel everyplace and just take along a jar of peanut butter and some bread. But then again, I actually like McDonald's.........
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #333
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran

Planet Hollywoood. Bad food, bad service, tables way too close together, too loud. Just a really awful experience.
Luv Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #334
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
After reading through all of these I think maybe I should cancel everyplace and just take along a jar of peanut butter and some bread. But then again, I actually like McDonald's.........
If I had read this thread without being to many of these places I'd think the same thing. Don't let it get to you. For every bad experience in the same place, on the same night, with the same waiter and the same food there will be someone else who thought it was great!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:00 AM   #335
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
If I had read this thread without being to many of these places I'd think the same thing. Don't let it get to you. For every bad experience in the same place, on the same night, with the same waiter and the same food there will be someone else who thought it was great!
Foodwise, what works for one person doesn't work for everyone. I cannot stand mushrooms; my DH loves them. He eats sushi/sashimi; I gag at the thought. I love brussel sprouts and cabbage, and he can only tolerate cabbage in coleslaw.

A server can be having a bad night--it's unfortunate and somewhat unprofessional--but it happens. We have been to 50s Primetime at least 4 times, and we had one bad server--really dropped the ball, no playful interactions, refills were nonexistent, dropped check and ran without checking on us at all, etc. But we gave it another go, and had a fantastic time. So, take those reviews with a grain of salt also.
Jedana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #336
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Regret is a strong word...but honestly it would be CRT. I LOVED the Princess interaction, that was amazing because they really took their time with us. The food however was NOT worth 2 TS credits and our server was soooo rushed that we really didn't get good service. I don't suspect we'll be back till grandkids come along.

soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #337
Dumbo Mad
Mouseketeer

For us it would be 1900 Park Fare, We were squished in a corner table, and it was very difficult to walk around all the tables to get to the buffet. Characters kept missing us and the food wasn't that great... not worth the money.

Dumbo Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #338
mopee3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I wouldn't be so hasty. The title of this thread is inviting people to post what they don't like. There are plenty of people who love it - but you won't find them posting on here.
We are here, and we love Coral Reef!!! Have eaten there oh maybe 1-2 a year since 06. We believe they have the best strip steak in all Disney World and the Baileys dessert, it's great. Its a slow day here and I wondered on to this thread, it's really kind of sad to read the negative stuff. We have visited WDW, twice a year since 07 for 10-12 days at a time. We have had some less than wonderful servers but in all those meals, mostly TS, Signature, and a few CS, cannot really remember any except a seafood buffet at Cape May that I wouldn't visit again. Reason? We live on the West coast and have the best seafood in the USA. Fresh salmon, sturgeon, Dungeness Crab, all kinds of shellfish, halibut, sable cod, true cod, the list goes on and on. So Cape May fish buffet just left us cold.

Moe

Remember ya all, we are not promised anything in this world, for "You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes". So enjoy yourself and live today like you will never see it again.......... because you won't!!
mopee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #339
lblume91
It's magic wrapped up in pixie dust!

Our list of places we'll never return to:

Grand Floridian Cafe - Too stuffy, just not our style.
Sci Fi Dine In - Food was blah, service was blah.
Biergarten - We're from small German town in southern Indiana so thought we'd love it. We didn't. There wasn't enough variety & what was there was just so-so.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #340
Bee2u
ImJustBeeNme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyJ View Post
I made one too! Now I don't know if we should go??
(referring to Coral reef adr)
We went there Sunday and it was great. DH had the steak, I had the pork chop, and both were excellent meals.
My Disney World trips: July 1972; Summer 1980; Our Honeymoon - June 28th - July 2, 1986; Summer 1999; March 2000 (kids sang at Magical Music Days); Our 25th Anniv. celebration - June 24 - 28th, 2011 WL; Nov. 20 - 24, 2012 POR; Jan. 2 - 5, 2013 WL (My first Solo trip); Jan. 26 - 29, 2013 WL; birthday trip: Apr. 5 - 8, 2013 BC; June 3 - 8 2013 WL; First trip to DLR July 5 - 7, 2013; Sept. 19 - 22, 2013 WL; Nov. 23 - 29, 2013 POR; Dec. 6 - 9, 2013 CS; Feb. 1 - 3, 2014 Poly; Mar. 8 - 12, 2014, AoA; Apr. 3 - 7, 2014 POR
Bee2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #341
lin7
DIS Veteran

Yak and Yeti, our plates and utensils were dirty, the food was not good. Maybe they had an off day, went to the restaurant based on reviews here
lin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #342
lisam427
DIS Veteran

our worst meal ever was at yak and yeti last sept. we figured we would try it for something different. the food was horrible. i ordered the steak and shrimp and had to send it back. when it came back it wasnt any better. the service stunk worse than than the food. we waited forever to get our drinks, no refills, and i dont want to mention how long it took to get the other parts of our meal. i will never go there again. not even if they gave us the meal for free.

lisam427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #343
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

Tony's and Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace was the worst buffet I had ever been too and Winnie the Pooh skipped my kids.
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
pmaurer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #344
DisneyFan83
DIS Veteran

Biergarten. I know many people like it, but I thought the food was just okay, which is surprising because I typically would like most of the choices. Also, I hated the seating. It's family style, which can be fun at times, but we were seated next to some not-so-friendly people and it was just awkward. On top of that, there was barely any entertainment while we ate; the performers had taken a break. I wouldn't waste a TS credit on it again.

DisneyFan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #345
Costumesaremylife
If someone's baking. I'm eating.
Jerry O'Connell once said "Hello" to me. I am still recovering from it
I saw Rodney Dangerfield in his underwear

The restaurant that I overestimated was Narcossees. The lobster wasn't that great (and I love lobster). I wouldn't pay that much or waste two credits on it.
Costumesaremylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: