Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #316
heatherwillmom
DIS Veteran

I think before anyone changes ADRs they should remember that everyone's tastes are different. We've only had 1 meal that was really bad and that was at Yakotori House in Japan. We had had great meals there before. Going by the posts here, some peple must not like any of their meals. I have some family members like that. They complain about anywhere that they eat.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #317
shannon1119
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 312.Duck View Post
Confused. You tell them how much you want there.

We were not asked how much we wanted. When I asked for chicken, he scraped off 8-10 pieces before I could say anything. My husband ended up with darn near a whole kebob of shrimp on his plate. This would have been fine with him if it was edible, but the peels would NOT come off. BIG no-no...serving shrimp with the shells still on. That, in and of itself is enough to make us never go back.
shannon1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #318
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon1119 View Post
We were not asked how much we wanted. When I asked for chicken, he scraped off 8-10 pieces before I could say anything. My husband ended up with darn near a whole kebob of shrimp on his plate. This would have been fine with him if it was edible, but the peels would NOT come off. BIG no-no...serving shrimp with the shells still on. That, in and of itself is enough to make us never go back.
That's messed up. Even on our most recent (so so) trip they always asked how many pieces. Putting 8-10 pieces without asking is just plain rude.

re: shrimp w/shells...lots of places do peel 'n eat. I consider that more a preference than a no-no. That said, mine were a PITA to peel, too!

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."
312.Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #319
shannon1119
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That's messed up. Even on our most recent (so so) trip they always asked how many pieces. Putting 8-10 pieces without asking is just plain rude.

re: shrimp w/shells...lots of places do peel 'n eat. I consider that more a preference than a no-no. That said, mine were a PITA to peel, too!
My boys weren't complaining when they were served that much shrimp...until they started trying to peel them LOL
shannon1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #320
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherwillmom View Post
I think before anyone changes ADRs they should remember that everyone's tastes are different. We've only had 1 meal that was really bad and that was at Yakotori House in Japan. We had had great meals there before. Going by the posts here, some peple must not like any of their meals. I have some family members like that. They complain about anywhere that they eat.
This thread is entitled "what restaurants do you regret," not "which ones did you love," so you should expect mostly complaints here. I've had some low grade meals and some fantastic experiences at WDW. While I consider Dis food in general to be mediocre, my good experiences far outweigh the bad.

I agree about keeping one's ADR's, though. Please do not change them based upon things you've read here. Everyone has different standards, tastes, and reasons for dining at places. My hope is the good-to-bad experiences at certain places doesn't indicate a trend for them.

< "Miss you, mom."
Old 06-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #321
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
I can honestly say that I do not regret eating anywhere on Disney property.
I wish I could say that, but I honestly can say I have regreted eating on Disney property; namely ABC Commissary. One of the worst places I have ever paid to eat at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherwillmom View Post
I cannot agree with you more on this. Opinions are like booties; everyone has one. I have never had a meal at a TS (can't say that about cs) that I would call terrible. Some have been average, but I would not call them terrible. Overall most of them have been pretty decent.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:33 AM   #322
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...

Brown Derby. It just wasn't...right for us. Not bad or anything, it just didn't leave much of an impression.

Pizza Planet. I really dislike their pizza. And the noise.
Jedana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #323
disneybex
Mouseketeer

Boma for dinner - worst experience of the whole trip - noisy and busy with lots of gaps in the buffet.

We are going to try it for breakfast next time as things can be so different depending when you go, so I'd never write it off completely.
disneybex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:55 AM   #324
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
Plus, they are gold diggers. They both asked my brother if he had his own castle. Shameless. Hussies.
When we went, they asked my DH if he was a prince. He told them no, and they turned their backs to him and started flirting with my son (only 4 at the time). He told them he was a prince, and they started fighting over him!

At least they didn't trip and fall over a curb--when DD (17) and I were watching the show in DHS in March, one of the dancers was too busy watching DD and tripped over the curb when he was dancing off.
Jedana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #325
TotallyTink
Mouseketeer

I have a few restaurants that I probably won't return to because we just didn't enjoy them that much or thought they were way too expensive. However, I do have one restaurant where I had a truly awful experience: Coral Reef. We had dinner there in May 2010. The service was terrible and we had to wait almost forever and a day for our food to arrive. The food was really bad with the exception of the lobster bisque which was quite good.

TotallyTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #326
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybex View Post
Boma for dinner - worst experience of the whole trip - noisy and busy with lots of gaps in the buffet.

We are going to try it for breakfast next time as things can be so different depending when you go, so I'd never write it off completely.
Now that is a great Disney attitude - Thank you!
I absolutely LOVE their breakfast, yet agree with you somewhat on their dinner. (It just hasn't been the same food-wise, either, since they stopped serving the prime rib.)

< "Miss you, mom."
Old 06-29-2011, 09:53 AM   #327
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Whispering Canyon Cafe;
horrible food, horrible service, theme does nothing for me (wasn't my pick!) so I don't have a reason to try it again

Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show:
love the theme, but the food was SO bland and the show was a snoozefest. Ironically I was so excited for this show and dreading HDDR, yet I LOVED HDDR!

Every CS burger I've ever eaten:
I think I tried about four at different locations before it finally hit me that they make me ill each time and I'm just not meant to handle them. I haven't ordered a burger since and accordingly my last 20 or so CS meals have all been fantastic!
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #328
psac
DIS Veteran

Three words:

Via
Napoli
Yuck
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #329
pooch
I feel so special now!!

not my experience

Quote:
Confused. You tell them how much you want there.
our waiter was dropping meat off those lethal skewers at a dead run. He was throwing food on our table as if it was a relay race!!!

pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #330
GuardMusic
This is the most excitement we've seen here in quite some time!

After 27 Disney-related trips (WDW, DCL & DLP), hands-down was O'hana for dinner. It was our first and last trip there.

The bread and salad (particularly the honey lime dressing) were fantastic! The chicken wings were good, but just wings. The pork dumplings? were doughy and looked to be filled with moldy stuffing. The steak was cooked in such a way it couldn't be cut. The chicken was pretty good, but pork was dry. The shrimp were cooked, but still in the shell, so an incredible pain to get to/eat. The caramel banana was great.

However, the main reason we won't eat there again wasn't the mediocre food. Our main issue was the lady who was the "entertainment director". About every 10-15 minutes she would lead a group of 20-30 kids around the restaurant (right next to our table) singing, dancing, playing maracas, etc. The noise & commotion was so overwhelming, I had to stop eating, as I was in sensory overload! I expected this chao with the characters at breakfast (which is why we never go), but not at dinner!

Our servers were both rushing themselves and us. At one point I stated, "Slow down!"

We specifically booked a 9:30pm time so we could watch Wishes. We were in the middle of the restaurant and knew a window seat wasn't promised. Yes, the music was pipped in and the lights dimmed. However, the servers were still rushing about, stopping at tables in front of us blocking Wishes, and speaking very loudly. The entire environment & show were ruined.

O'hana was very promising, but in no way met our expectations.
Gayle

Coming Soon: Sept. 2012 Disneyland & 1st Pacific Coast DCL! ~ Nov. 2012 BWV w/ Mom ~ Jan. 2013 Disney Institute with my college students! ~ Mar. 2013 DCL B-Day Fantasy
Nov. 2011 - F&W and MVMCP ~ Jun. 2011 - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2011 - Disneyland Paris ~ Dec. 2010 - BWV/DCL ~ Oct. 2010 - POFQ after conference ~ Mar. 2010 - YC (Conference) ~ Feb. 2010 - AKL Villa & DCL Western Magic ~ May/June 2009 Disneyland Paris & London ~ Dec. 2008 - BCV ~ Jan. 2008 - WL & DCL Western Magic ~ Sept. 2007 - DCL Wonder (Surprise for Mom!) ~ Jan. 2006 - Land (POR) & Sea (Wonder) Cruise - 1st Disney cruise! ~ Dec. 2005 - BCV ~ Nov. 2005 - OKW (conference trip!) ~ Mar. 2005 - AKL (College Program Visit for work) ~ June 2004 - POR/BCV ~ Feb. 2004 - Off ~ May 2003 - CB/BCV ~ Dec. 2000 - Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 - CS (work conference) ~ Dec. 1998 - ASM ~ Feb. 1998 - Dixie Landings ~ Mar. 1997, New Years 1996-97, 1993, 1986, 1984, 1977 - Off

8 night Western DCL-Feb 2010 ~ Western DCL Trip Resort - Jan. 2008! ~ DCL Land/Sea Trip Report - Jan. 2006! ~ Disneyland Paris Trip Report May 2009
GuardMusic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: