Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #256
Agri
DIS Veteran

There aren't any places I totally REGRET eating at, but there are a bunch I've eaten at once and wouldn't return to. I think a lot of the ethnic food in WDW is dumbed down (I know the Moroccan is) and that can really affect your enjoyment of a meal if you're used to the more full-on authentic flavor. Most of mine are basically I tried it once and realized I can eat better at home, so why spend my WDW time eating stuff that isn't as good as what I can get at home?

Once was enough restaurants:
The Wave... - I liked it, but its not much different than what I can get at home and the service was spotty

Tutto - Okay, but I can eat better at home and pay less.

Marrakesh - I like it, but there's a nice cheap Moroccan restaurant just up the street from me that is more authentic.

Biergarten - Almost all the meat I tried was REALLY dry and the dining experience is awkward if you're a small group. Again, another one where I can cook it or I can get better at a local restaurant.

San Angel - Definitely can get better at home. My churro was dry and stale! I should have sent them out to get one for me from the stand out front.

Sci-fi Dine-in - Once is definitely enough here, but its the only good restaurant in DHS that isn't Brown Derby. I really wish they'd change the clips on the screen. I'd love to see them have Disney movie nights or something. Its dull after your first time.

There are a bunch of CS I wouldn't return to, as well, but its easier to just list the ones I DO like - POFQ food court, Mara @ AKL, Contempo Cafe, Sunshine Seasons, bakery in Norway, and Cosmic Ray's.
Agri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #257
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Princess View Post
1st- My Hubby was not wearing uniform that day and
2nd I could tell in the way she spoke that the that she was hitting of him.I am not a complex person,but I see what she was come from..Besides that the food was a big! dissapointed I would rather to take my girls to eat @ CRT..instead .And i dont think I was overreacting, everyone is diferent and we all agree to disagree. p.S. that is why there is no more moral values in the world anymore. just imhp
Don't ever go to Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue then cause those shameless hussies will also try to steal your man. And I'm pretty sure Minnie was flirting with my husband during a character photo stop ... Mickey had to step in and separate them even. Hmm, I wondered who had been sending my hubby those polka-dot-wrapped wheels of cheese since our visit. It all makes sense now.

Seriously, you didn't get the gag? Even with the "sailor" and "ship" references? Lack of moral values?!?! Really?!

Last edited by coopersmom; 06-18-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: The totally innocent word I had used originally instead of "gag" was partially flagged making it unreadable.
coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #258
pigletto
DIS Veteran

San Angel and Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Won't go into the laundry list of reasons why but I feel we gave each a fair shake and they aren't for us.
With WCC it was just the skillet we didn't care for. San Angel was gross from start to finish

Luckily those are the only two that stand out. Everything else has been anywhere from "fine" to "outstanding"
Old 06-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #259
7165red
DIS Veteran

ton80, O agree!
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #260
7165red
DIS Veteran

Sorry, I agree!
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #261
Frannie115
Mouseketeer

The Terrace counter service restaurant at Tomorrowland MK. This woman got sick at the table next to us and it was not a pretty sight . My kids could not eat after that one.

1988 Hilton LBV; 1996 off-site; 2000 off-site; 2005 DCL; 2009 ASSp; 2011 CBR
Frannie115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #262
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Cape Mays dinner...The food was ok but DD got food poisoning. Just can't stomach the thought of going back and we LOVE seafood.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #263
Jen_in_NH
waffles and snow seem to go together for me
Starts snowball fights in bars
I can't imagine anything more lovely than a rooster with a leprechaun hat
Answer - HOUSE!

Whispering Canyon - Never again. The food wasn't bad, but not great either. Even the kids were sick of the same jokes over and over again by the end of the meal.

But others love it, so don't take my word for it! Try it out
Jen_in_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #264
TinaLala
Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

I think all restaurants are an acquired taste. You either love it or hate it.

I hate Liberty Tree, but DH loves it wants to go back!

Boma - when we went in 03 it was awful, but I've heard they've changed the menu.

Crystal Palace - boring, but hello you're not really going for the food, you're going for the characters, that's just like the Norway restaurant to see the princesses!

Rainforest Cafe - overpriced and bad food! Not worth the wait to hear thunder and watch a gorilla in the trees!

Courage Confidence Character!
http://lalacraftworld.wordpress.com/ - my craft blog!

TinaLala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #265
momtotaryn
Mouseketeer

We truly enjoyed every restaurant that we went to during our trip, including H & V! I know that H & V has been getting lots of bad reviews, but I had it booked for our F! Dinner package. Perhaps we went into it thinking the worst, so maybe that is why we thought it was pretty good! Everything we ate was tasty. Even DD(10), who is quite picky about foods, found items she really liked. The service and environment was pleasant too.

Dining experiences are very subjective, so I wouldn't change ressies, just because I read about others' bad experiences. Although I admit, I was seriously thinking about changing our H & V ressie, because there were so many negative reviews. We're glad I didn't!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #266
hygienejean
Are we still trying to figure out the "big project?"
The answers are probably right in front of us

I would have to say Hollywood and Vine and the Sci Fi. The food was awful in both places...
hygienejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #267
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

I think every restaurant we will be at on our next trip. Some we have eaten at before and will do again and others will be new to us. Last September was our first trip where we ate at TS restaurants and there are none that we regretted or wouldn't return to.

Last year we ate at:
Chef Mickey's Dinner
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Akershus Breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner
1900 Park Fair Dinner

This year we'll be eating at:
Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Akershus Breakfast
Garden Grill Dinner
Ohana Dinner
CRT Dinner
Captain's Grille Dinner
mastermind307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #268
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCollette View Post
And why?

for us Hollywood and Vine (nuff said)
Our family all agrees with you on that.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #269
poohbear227
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Akershus:

Maybe we are a picky family,or just the food did not appeal to us,but we just went for luch in 2010, and looks like "Ariel" was way too sassy with my hubby,, she was signed my daughter autograph book, and she said something like this (And I quote) "Hey sailor where is your ship"? Seriously!,I and proceed and told her that I was his "Mermaid" and that we left our ship back in our hometown beach in Puerto Rico..She was hitting to my Army guy!! I kept myself cool, and we thank her for the time..After that I just ignored, Not big deal,since my dd8 and D niece were there with us..I caught me by surprise,and I believed that I handle the situation, as better as I could..And the princesses did not expend too much time with the girls,anyway..
Quote:
1st- My Hubby was not wearing uniform that day and
2nd I could tell in the way she spoke that the that she was hitting of him.I am not a complex person,but I see what she was come from..Besides that the food was a big! dissapointed I would rather to take my girls to eat @ CRT..instead .And i dont think I was overreacting, everyone is diferent and we all agree to disagree. p.S. that is why there is no more moral values in the world anymore. just imhp
WOW. You should steer clear & keep your husband far away from 1900 Park Fare. There are these two women that work there-stepsisters I believe-& they are also known for hitting on husbands and sons and brothers and anything that walks. They have no moral values either!!!
poohbear227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #270
KTJAY
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear227 View Post

WOW. You should steer clear & keep your husband far away from 1900 Park Fare. There are these two women that work there-stepsisters I believe-& they are also known for hitting on husbands and sons and brothers and anything that walks. They have no moral values either!!!
Hahaha ....I thought the same thing after reading those posts. When we went to 1900 Park Fare-those stepsisters "hit on" my cousin's husband and one asked my 16 yr old son if he would "marry her".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: