Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #241
csjordan
Yearning for the Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaParkers View Post
Hollywood N Vile

csjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #242
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Tutto Italia. The name "Chef Boyardee" comes to mind...

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015) - DLR (July 2014)
DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #243
pooch
I feel so special now!!

yup we agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Princess View Post
1st- My Hubby was not wearing uniform that day and
2nd I could tell in the way she spoke that the that she was hitting of him.I am not a complex person,but I see what she was come from..Besides that the food was a big! dissapointed I would rather to take my girls to eat @ CRT..instead .And i dont think I was overreacting, everyone is diferent and we all agree to disagree. p.S. that is why there is no more moral values in the world anymore. just imhp
I still think you were overreacting. Going by an earlier post, she probably said something to that affect to dozens of men that and every other day, sassy being part of her character. Its a good thing Ursula wasn't there (can I say "you still have your looks, your pretty face and don't underestimate the importance of body language!!") And I'm not sure what this has to do with moral values?

pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #244
prttynpnk
Mouseketeer

Usually we give any restaurant 2 shots since i am prone to ordering issues- but never-nopey-nopey goes to:
ABC Commissary -we work at a hospital- we don't need more bland cafeteria dining
Yak & Yeti- it was like mall food court Chinese, but without the people watching
Chef de france- just meh. The chicken crepe was like a toasted lunch bag
prttynpnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #245
Teacher Princess
Aprentice

re;Akershus

With all your respect,if Indeed I might overact,but I believed that I got the right to express my concerned the way I want . She might be into chracter and it might be something innocent, but in this days you just never know.. I was just trying to express my dislike to the Restaurant,not looking to start any drama arguments..
Teacher Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #246
tink20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Yes, it was to character. I am a chubby, balding, 40 something male and Ariel did the same thing to me as well a couple of years ago. I highly doubt she saw me in her eyes as Captain Jack Sparrow and wanted to go for a ride on my ship.
you never know....
Old 06-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #247
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Princess View Post
1st- My Hubby was not wearing uniform that day and
2nd I could tell in the way she spoke that the that she was hitting of him.I am not a complex person,but I see what she was come from..Besides that the food was a big! dissapointed I would rather to take my girls to eat @ CRT..instead .And i dont think I was overreacting, everyone is diferent and we all agree to disagree. p.S. that is why there is no more moral values in the world anymore. just imhp

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #248
AMickeyG
Earning My Ears

After seeing many rave reviews of Tutto Italia we decided to give it a shot. YUCK! Worst meal of the trip. It had me wondering if we all had missed what others saw.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #249
stcav2000
Mouseketeer

Coral Reef. My son picked this out for his birthday lunch and not only was it the worst meal of the trip, I think it was probably the worst meal of my life. The appetizers were each bad in their own way. Lobster bisque tasted like plastic had melted in it, shrimp were cold, tough and chewy, crab was cold and bland. The soft drinks were ok, but my pina colva arrived in layers. The bottom was a pool of raspberry syrup, the middle was the tasteless pina colada mix and the top was rum. I ordered several of these throughout the trip and the rest were all prepared correctly and were delicious. When I said something to the waiter about it, he told me thats how they are supoosed to be and he was sorry I didn't like it and walked off. The entrees were all horrible. The lobster ravioli and mahi mahi were inedible. I actually gagged when I tried it. I wasn't brave enough to try the Mahi Mahi but I took the boys word that it was terrible. My middle son will eat anything and he hated this. I also noticed the tables around us that had ordered it were not eating it. DH's steak was probably the best of the meal and it was cold, fatty and bland. We figured desserts would be good. No such luck. The wave was over cooked with a burnt top and dry. My son said the cheesecake tasted like mold and my daughters sundae arrived melted. We left hungry and went straight to world showcase for some good snacks.

stcav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #250
MisterGoofy1
Mouseketeer

This will probably not be a popular answer with most here, but Chef Mickey's is by far the most overrated place we have eaten at. The food is below average, the characters barely take time to stop by your table, and the atmosphere is less then desirable.
MisterGoofy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #251
Tess'smom
Mouseketeer

The meals we had at Liberty Tree Tavern and Garden grill were similar to Stouffer's microwavable dinners. Not exciting at all. We also didn't think Nine Dragons offered quality food. Hollywood and Vine food was basically inedible and the place was dirty!!!!!! No thank you.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:59 AM   #252
DisMN
DIS Veteran

We had a very disappointing meal at Tutto but thought that perhaps we just caught them on an off night. Gave it a second try and it was almost worst than the first time.
I regret giving the place two tries. LOL

I'm always surprised when people gush about the place. Really can't figure it out.
DisMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:29 AM   #253
ekutzbach2
Earning My Ears

I agree with you marakesh was horrible stay away from chicken couse couse it was bland and horrible tasting. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!

I loved the German restaurant absolutely awesome!!!!
ekutzbach2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:35 AM   #254
Eeyore98
DIS Veteran

Yachtsman. Never have I been treated so poorly, for such mediocre food, for so much money. I understand that we were one of their later reservations of the night, but they rushed us in and out in 40 minutes, and even with that, they closed the kitchen and turned the lights off on us five minutes after our entrees were served! I was almost tempted to order dessert, just to see what would happen!

Crystal Palace dinner was also underwhelming, "meh" food at a high price, but at least the idea there is that you're mostly paying to see the characters.

Everything else at Disney I have either loved or found decent enough that I'd go back after I try all the places I've never been. That "decent" group includes some much hated ones here on the boards like Nine Dragons and Tony's.
Eeyore98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:18 AM   #255
mjp12831
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
Chef Mickey's. I know alot of people love it. We went for Dinner when DD (5) was 3. We were there early in the service and the place was filthy. We are not really picky about that, and it was to the point where DH looked at me as were were walking to our table and whispered "Are we really going to EAT here?" The food was terrible except for the salads and desserts which were good except for the soft serve ice cream which was like soup. I watched a kid drop the tongs in the chicken on the floor and put them back in the chicken and when his horrified mother told the CM, she didn't even switch out the tongs much less any of the chicken. DH's Mom got sick a few hours after eating there, and she is positive it was food poisoning. Although the characters are cute, it was so BAD that DD has not even asked to go back in our 2 trips since then.
Right on - I can't believe the number of people that like CM - crowded (too many tables so the character visits are uncomfortable), dirty buffet, bathrooms a mile away from the tables. Yuck.

WDW Commando member #60
mjp12831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: