Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #211
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Nine Dragons...

First time was bad, but I gave it a second chance after a "remodeling" It was worse. Never again! (THere's a reason you can walk in there!)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #212
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Tusker House, circa 2006. Everything looked gross, still tried a chicken salad and the chicken looked undercooked and was on the slimy side.

Though it didn't make us sick (didn't eat much of it) it still very easily sets off my gag reflex just thinking about it!

I know it's a completely different place now that supposedly has an awesome breakfast, memories and olefactory recall have prevented me from going back. bleeacchhh.

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."
312.Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #213
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

We didnt like the food at CRT breakfast so we havent been back in years, but I have a feeling when my DS4 finds out you can eat there, he will want to try it out. It was horrible 5 years ago when we went and my DD5 at the time, who has no allergies, spent the whole time sneezing and watery eyes. Cleared up soon after we left there. No clue what it was from!

I am upset to see so many Chef Mickey's on the list. We have that planned for breakfast in December after not being there for a few years.
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #214
pumba21
Mouseketeer

The only place i really did not like and would never want to try again is Crystal Palace.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #215
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

January this year with DD20 at Via Napoli. We picked our reservations so carefully, and nothing about this meal was a good experience.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #216
DaParkers
The original DISard of Oz!

Hollywood N Vile
DaParkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #217
hogwartsdropout
You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far..

Nine Dragons - we had the rice pudding for dessert and it was so bad we considered shoveling it all into my bag because we were embarassed about not eating it!

Flying Fish - Food was mediocre, but the service was terrible. We waited 3 hours for our meals. The manager ended up getting involved, it was ridiculous. I'd never go back there.
2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Saratoga Springs
2008-2009 UK World Showcase CM (stayed at WL, POR, GF, CR, ASSp, ASMo, CS, CB, YC, Pop)
2011 - ASSp and WL
2012 - ASSp and AKL
2014 - ASSp
hogwartsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #218
Edgehopper
Mouseketeer

Returned from a trip in May, expecting our next trip to be in 2013. Places from this time we'd skip next time:

Les Chefs de France (dinner): French onion soup was very good, steak was only OK, potatoes au gratin were bad, creme brulee was overburnt.

Yak 'n' Yeti counter service: Chicken was overbreaded so it tasted more like American style chicken nuggets in a middling sweet and sour sauce, rather than chinese food. Also not enough shaded seating.

Places that were just OK:

Crystal Palace (breakfast) - pancakes weren't great, waffles were only OK (not as good as a full sized Mickey waffle at POFQ's food court), Pooh's french toast was great.

Studio Catering Co. - Decent sandwiches, but nothing special.

Places we'd eat at again:

Raglan Road (Dinner): My favorite, and the best steak I had in our week. The Guiness reduction/olive oil bread dip is wonderful. Next time, I'll have to do a better job of counting our DDP credits, though; we had to pay this one OOP.

HDDR: Always a good choice, no explanation needed.

Biergarten (Lunch), though next time I'd go with dinner for more meat options. Chicken schnitzel wasn't very good, but sausages, pretzel bread, roasts, and spaetzle made up for it.

Tutto Italia (Dinner), fantastic desserts, good food (I had the veal and liked it, even if they do seem to do a lot of cooking in advance), worth it on DDP.

50s Prime Time Cafe (Dinner) - Smores are great, fried chicken was pretty good, milkshakes are excellent.

Sci-Fi Dine In (lunch) - Burger was very good, and we had a good waitress who put together an order of chili cheese fries for DF despite them not being on the menu.

Pecos Bill's, Cosmic Ray's, Lotus Blossom Cafe, Cantina de San Angel (CS)
Edgehopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #219
Shunasee
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=spreadingpixiedust;41462572]I have only been to Disney World 2 times so I do not have much to go on but Whispering Canyon was awful! I would not eat there again.
QUOTE]

This is me, I have only been a couple of times. However, I was not impressed with Le Cellier (my husband *loved* it), Beirgarten or Rose and Crown.

I think being from SoCal we are spoiled with authentic food. I was so looking foward to Rose & Crown, as English food is my favorite, however the Pub side is nice, but we didnt eat in there. So not impressed. The Sticky Toffee Pudding was a mess.

However, I dont regret eating there, I just know that there are other TS I prefer.

Next trip, we are going to eat at places we have not before, so we can attempt to eat everywhere at some point.

Zoey

Previous Trips: AKL 07/2007 & POFQ 07/2010 & POFQ 02/2011 & POFQ 11/2012 & POFQ 02/2014
Shunasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #220
Teacher Princess
Aprentice

Arkershus:

Akershus:

Maybe we are a picky family,or just the food did not appeal to us,but we just went for luch in 2010, and looks like "Ariel" was way too sassy with my hubby,, she was signed my daughter autograph book, and she said something like this (And I quote) "Hey sailor where is your ship"? Seriously!,I and proceed and told her that I was his "Mermaid" and that we left our ship back in our hometown beach in Puerto Rico..She was hitting to my Army guy!! I kept myself cool, and we thank her for the time..After that I just ignored, Not big deal,since my dd8 and D niece were there with us..I caught me by surprise,and I believed that I handle the situation, as better as I could..And the princesses did not expend too much time with the girls,anyway..
Teacher Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #221
Goofy_Girl
My Scottish Fold owns me!

The Plaza Restaurant I picked this place since it was raved about for the deco and icecream soda/sandwich shop food, but it started awry when we waited over 45 minutes outside in the blazing heat to be seated for a ressie we arrived to 15 minutes in advance as requested. Then once seated we sat and waited over 15 minutes for our server to even acknowledge us, then waited again for her to take our drink order. After ordering our food it took another 45 minutes for our food to come out then we waited and waited when we were done to order desert at which point we almost walked out(if we weren't on the DDP we probably would have) I swear our waitress went on break or something because everyone else around us had excellent and attentive waiters/waitresses. Nothing against those who enjoy The Plaza, but that one time was more than enough The food just wasnt good enough for me to ever risk that disaster again! lol okay I am done venting and rehashing
Old 06-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #222
Goofy_Girl
My Scottish Fold owns me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Belle View Post
I was really disappointed in the Plaza Restaurant in the MK. I wouldn't go back again. I had the strawberry chicken salad. It wasn't anything special; the lettuce seemed like it had been taken from a bag and the chicken was dry and tough. The restaurant itself was chaotic and a little dirty, just stuff on the floor. There wasn't really any atmosphere in there either. I felt really rushed. Then I got the bill and found out my bagged lettuce salad was $13. I guess I hadn't really paid attention when I ordered it and that was my fault. It all just added up to a mediocre experience.
lol you were rushed and I was forced to sit around and wait and um..enjoy the mediocre experience That place is on my "never again" list
Old 06-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #223
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Restaurant Askershush (lunch)

DH swore he would never eat there again. the foot was pretty bland. dessert was good though.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #224
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We have three, two of which we will never eat at again:

Hollywood & Vine (worse food ever -- twice and filthy restaurant

Whispering Canyon Cafe (worse service ever and second worse food ever -- DH got sick on the food)

Boatwright's -- we are willing to give this one another try only if we can't get in any other place we want to try

Last edited by KatMark; 06-16-2011 at 09:35 PM.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #225
walkdmc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Girl View Post
The Plaza Restaurant I picked this place since it was raved about for the deco and icecream soda/sandwich shop food, but it started awry when we waited over 45 minutes outside in the blazing heat to be seated for a ressie we arrived to 15 minutes in advance as requested. Then once seated we sat and waited over 15 minutes for our server to even acknowledge us, then waited again for her to take our drink order. After ordering our food it took another 45 minutes for our food to come out then we waited and waited when we were done to order desert at which point we almost walked out(if we weren't on the DDP we probably would have) I swear our waitress went on break or something because everyone else around us had excellent and attentive waiters/waitresses. Nothing against those who enjoy The Plaza, but that one time was more than enough The food just wasnt good enough for me to ever risk that disaster again! lol okay I am done venting and rehashing
Was your waitress a little chubby with dark hair, white lady, middle-aged? I could've written your review word for word. We had the worst service in WDW at the Plaza and the place was FREEZING. I'm not exaggerating when I say it felt like it was about 55 degrees in there. I heard others complaining about the temp to their servers and nothing was done. It really felt like bitterness and nastiness "got in the walls" and they no longer cared about guests there. It was plain old aweful. I only tried it because TGM highly recommended it and regretted spending a dime there.
walkdmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: