Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #121
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Day 70. Can it really be 10 weeks????

Oh My! It just hit me that I have been doing this for 10 weeks. That is truly amazing how fast this goes. almost 1/5 of the year is done. how does time fly by so fast some moments and then drag the next?

Today I had a GREAT DAY! I really didn't do much, but the weather was great, cool and crisp, a great thunderstorm in the morning AND I read a book almost all day long. I haven't had a day like that in I can't remember how long. I read the book "the Help". It was VERY good, and I just couldn't put it down! Of course I did some things. Went grocery shopping, some laundry, played a little volleyball, watched the end of a movie with DD, cleaned out the fridge. BUT it was just a relaxing day, one that was luxurious!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #122
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 71. THEY ARE HOME!!!! THEY ARE HOME!!!!

So last week Sunday I was very depressed, WHY???? Well my DH and my DS were gone, they left for 10 days to go on a boundary waters scout high adventure canoe trip. I didn't want to say anything as my DD was then going to be home by herself alot and for safety I couldn't post that. So I REALLY missed my "boys" as I call DH and DS. AND I find out DH REALLY missed me too! we are HS sweethearts after all and are together alot, so this was hard on both of us. He is so awesome.

The boys had a great time, very rough week for them. I'll talk more later, but my mood is so much happier now! Off to go to bed, finally with DH by my side!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #123
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 72. Another way to not snack at night!

That would be working almost 2 hours over your shift! got home after 8pm. At dinner and I am just quickly posting and then heading to bed!

Not an easy way to avoid snacking, but effective!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:47 AM   #124
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
So last week Sunday I was very depressed, WHY???? Well my DH and my DS were gone, they left for 10 days to go on a boundary waters scout high adventure canoe trip. I didn't want to say anything as my DD was then going to be home by herself alot and for safety I couldn't post that. So I REALLY missed my "boys" as I call DH and DS. AND I find out DH REALLY missed me too! we are HS sweethearts after all and are together alot, so this was hard on both of us. He is so awesome.

The boys had a great time, very rough week for them. I'll talk more later, but my mood is so much happier now! Off to go to bed, finally with DH by my side!
I am glad they made it home safe. I have been through this myself. Now that he is not camping once a month I kind of miss it.

I am in the middle of "the Help" and am enjoying it.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks

Last edited by donac; 08-16-2011 at 05:54 AM.
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #125
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
I am glad they made it home safe. I have been through this myself. Now that he is not camping once a month I kind of miss it.

I am in the middle of "the Help" and am enjoying it.
I am glad you like "the help". I thought it was super good! HOpe you are doing well!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #126
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 74. A big bucket of Popcorn!

Went to see the movie "the Help" tonight. it was VERY good!!! Highly recommend seeing this movie. I knew I was going to have a big bucket of popcorn and didn't really snack before it. I am proud of that! It is super late, and I am off to bed.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #127
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 75. computer down

I had typed out my log, and then my computer stopped working. Doing this from my phone and it is too hard. I did make great food choices today, but no exercise. I will try and check in by phone, but I will probably put the journal on hold till I have my computr again. Frustration!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #128
dare2dream
BL6 Weightkeeper
thinking that it is a wonderful time to be walking around the block

Happy Day 78!

Vija, I have been missing your posts and hope you are doing well. Computer problems suck. Last year my computer went crazy and DH got me a new CPU and I HATE it. I used to leave my computer on all day and pop on when I got a chance. The new CPU has a noisy fan and it drives me crazy so the computer stays off most of the time.

I hope you are still counting your days and being accountable to yourself. I know you can be successful with this lifestyle change.

I mentioned that you inspired me to start thinking about getting down to business. I need to commit to steady work for 18 months to get where I want to be. Eventually along the way I hope the 'lifestyle change' kicks in and eating and living a healthy lifestyle becomes a normal way of life.

I saw an 18 month planner at Sam's and thought that would be great to help record my journey. I did not buy the planner that day and when I returned to Sam's it was gone. I then went on a mission to find the 'perfect' planner for me. I found it Friday at Wal-Mart and I LOVE it.

Monday August 15 was my annual physical. I have type 2 diabetes and visit my DR every February and August. This has been going on since Feb 04 when I was diagnosed. Each visit my DR that I love would encourage me to lose weight. Sometimes I lose, sometimes I gain, no real progress has been made in 7 years. It has gotten to the point now that she no longer really makes a big deal about my weight because she has given up on me. In the last 6 months I lost 1 pound. Yes, one pound.

Well this is it. If Vija can do this, so can I. Today is my day 1!!!

I am now just concentrating on the next 13 weeks or 91 days. I hope to lose 25 pounds but realistically I may be shooting too high.

Total was a failure, as I knew it would be, because of the annual family potluck picnic. I had two plates of food and that included dessert. I got some extra dessert on plate 3 and as I was eating it Good Brenda said 'Brenda your tummy is full and you are not enjoying this dessert, just take it home and eat it later.' And that is what I did. SCORE! A success. A wise choice. I am now off to cut up my cucumber, have a great salad for dinner and enjoy that dessert. Not a great day, but a better day.

I hope to improve my eating habits and find a plan that will work for me.

Thanks for letting me share Vija. I have lots of other stuff to tell you about like books and Vegas and meeting IRL (in real life) but that can wait till later.

How are your kids? Are they excited for school to start or are you more excited? I believe you have a major trip planned soon. I can't wait to hear about it. I especially can't wait to hear about your 365 days of healthy choices.

Take care Princess and check in when you can. Thanks for helping me finally get started. Right now I am so excited about the future and tagging along with you.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #129
dare2dream
BL6 Weightkeeper

Day 85

First my news. I survived a hurricane and completed my week 1 with success. The scale rewarded my efforts and I hope to continue on the right path this week.

Vija, how are you doing??? I miss hearing from you. I hope all is going well.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #130
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 86... I'm back! And WOW, am I tired!

So, I left off with my computer going down just before we left for vacation. Frustrating! and I tried to do the log with my phone on vacation, but that didn't work out so well, We were EXHAUSTED by the evening and basically fell into bed, and I did use my phone some days so much that the battery went dead. Did that the second night, and we were camping, so no place to charge my phone. Some of the areas we went to we had NO cell phone reception. That sort of freaked me out, we got these phones specifically for our vacation, so "just in case of emergency" we would be able to call for help. I guess I was very naive about how out West there are LOTS of areas that do not have cell phone coverage, for miles and miles and miles.

I have alot to say about our vacation. It was a CRAZY out west trip, I am going to do a trip report, because it was so much fun, and so crazy, how could I not! My weight related goal was to go on vacation and not gain weight. I am pleased to say that I actually lost .6#. That is the first time ever I didn't gain weight on vacation. I know that 0.6 # isn't all that much, but a loss is a loss, and considering how we ate, I am very happy about that. Lots of bad, bad, bad choices. The last 3 days especially. We were in the car for 13 hours, 8 hours, 10 hours. we ate a lot of junk food to stay alert.

For today after eating breakfast I wanted to have some chips and catch up on shows I DVR'd. Didn't do it! Also avoided soda unless it was with a meal, I had one outside of meal time, and that is a good thing. Craving water, loving that! haven't snacked after dinner and don't plan to.

So, I will post a trip report, but where to post it? It is more than just Disneyland, and more than just "out west", what do you think? Here is our itinerary...

day 1. Drive from Milwaukee, WI area to Omaha (left around noon time, so driving till late at night)
day 2. Drive to the Rocky Mountains and camp over night in Central City, Co.
day 3. Drive to Arches National Park and camp over night.
day 4. Drive to Las Vegas, and walk around the strip, and night time stuff.
day 5. WAKE UP EARLY and drive to DLR (we surprised the kids) do California Adventure
day 6. Do Disneyland
Day 7. Drive to Grand Canyon
day 8. Drive to Page Arizona, do a 1/2 day Colorado river raft trip
day 9. Drive ALL the way through Arizona, go to the Four Corners monument, drive through upper part of New Mexico, drive into Colorado and all the way up past Colorado Springs to Limon, CO on I70.
Day 10. Drive to Kansas City, Ks. Enjoy Oklahoma Joes barbecue and stay at the Great Wolf Lodge (again surprise the kids) and play in their waterpark.
Day 11. Drive all the way back home, and then drive some more to pick up our dog and DD's rabbit from my parents.

CRAZY I know!!! It was an adventure and we have so much to tell you about it. Can't wait to give details!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #131
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dare2dream View Post
Vija, I have been missing your posts and hope you are doing well. Computer problems suck. Last year my computer went crazy and DH got me a new CPU and I HATE it. I used to leave my computer on all day and pop on when I got a chance. The new CPU has a noisy fan and it drives me crazy so the computer stays off most of the time.

I hope you are still counting your days and being accountable to yourself. I know you can be successful with this lifestyle change.

I mentioned that you inspired me to start thinking about getting down to business. I need to commit to steady work for 18 months to get where I want to be. Eventually along the way I hope the 'lifestyle change' kicks in and eating and living a healthy lifestyle becomes a normal way of life.

I saw an 18 month planner at Sam's and thought that would be great to help record my journey. I did not buy the planner that day and when I returned to Sam's it was gone. I then went on a mission to find the 'perfect' planner for me. I found it Friday at Wal-Mart and I LOVE it.

Monday August 15 was my annual physical. I have type 2 diabetes and visit my DR every February and August. This has been going on since Feb 04 when I was diagnosed. Each visit my DR that I love would encourage me to lose weight. Sometimes I lose, sometimes I gain, no real progress has been made in 7 years. It has gotten to the point now that she no longer really makes a big deal about my weight because she has given up on me. In the last 6 months I lost 1 pound. Yes, one pound.

Well this is it. If Vija can do this, so can I. Today is my day 1!!!

I am now just concentrating on the next 13 weeks or 91 days. I hope to lose 25 pounds but realistically I may be shooting too high.

Total was a failure, as I knew it would be, because of the annual family potluck picnic. I had two plates of food and that included dessert. I got some extra dessert on plate 3 and as I was eating it Good Brenda said 'Brenda your tummy is full and you are not enjoying this dessert, just take it home and eat it later.' And that is what I did. SCORE! A success. A wise choice. I am now off to cut up my cucumber, have a great salad for dinner and enjoy that dessert. Not a great day, but a better day.

I hope to improve my eating habits and find a plan that will work for me.

Thanks for letting me share Vija. I have lots of other stuff to tell you about like books and Vegas and meeting IRL (in real life) but that can wait till later.

How are your kids? Are they excited for school to start or are you more excited? I believe you have a major trip planned soon. I can't wait to hear about it. I especially can't wait to hear about your 365 days of healthy choices.

Take care Princess and check in when you can. Thanks for helping me finally get started. Right now I am so excited about the future and tagging along with you.
OH I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY! Enjoy the journey, it is truly a wonderful thing, and I am so glad that I helped inspire you, that I feel very happy about and very happy for you. I just came back from our major trip, I will post a trip report, but I might post some separate stuff on here that is weight related, I don't think I want to share that in the trip report. I have so much to do to catch up on stuff right now, that I will get to it, but might have to wait a week.

I am so happy that you got the right journal, that is so cool. I was reading this on my I phone on the way home last night, and I read parts of it outloud to my family ---- only PARTS of it, my family is VERY supportive, and my DD had a kind of neat idea. She said we should both take a before picture, then meet up in front of Cinderellas castle at our goal weights and celebrate our journey together at WDW! I think I've raised her right... my Disney buddy! She really made me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dare2dream View Post
First my news. I survived a hurricane and completed my week 1 with success. The scale rewarded my efforts and I hope to continue on the right path this week.

Vija, how are you doing??? I miss hearing from you. I hope all is going well.
OH MY GOSH! Yesterday I was reading the Irene thread, (helped me get from Kansas City into Iowa ) and I was so happy to hear that you weathered the storm OK. So glad that many of the DISers made it through that. What a nightmare. I am so gratefull you are ok. AND WAY TO GO with making your week 1 a success. THat is outstanding! I have no doubt you will do great this week. Thanks for sharing with me, I am so glad to do this journey with you!

Hugs to you! and 3 cheers too
Old 08-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #132
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 87. 1 year anniversary... unsettling day

1 year ago today I had what I refer to now affectionately as "the incident". One year ago today I ended up in the hospital with blood clots in my lungs, and one that had traveled through my blood stream and down my arm requiring emergency surgery. I ended up in the ICU on the ventilator because they could not get me off the ventilator after surgery. I must have had a bunch of blood clots all summer long, because I was getting short of breath, at times that I shouldn't. Just walking into work from my car is an example. I just attributed it to the fact that I was overweight. Little did I know... So please, please, please listen to your body, if something is off, see somebody. I could have saved myself lots of heartache and pain, and could have saved my family from some very scary days. I almost died, and I am so lucky that I made it all summer long. Blood clots in the lungs alone kill people, let alone when they start traveling. I am so lucky, and so very grateful to God for letting me have this time. I am sitting here in tears remembering the scariness of it all. I still can't grasp it sometimes.

I surely could use any and all hugs, I still get scared sometimes of what could have been.

Good choices for today:

First and foremost hugging my family and Thanking God for all that I have.
I didn't have lunch today because of work, limited my snacking tonight, but still had some as I was famished by the time I got home. I kept it under check, could have been worse, but I didn't go "hog wild" so that is a good thing.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:23 AM   #133
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Happy Anniversary. I remember reading about your incident and praying that you would be okay.

Sounds like you had a great vacation.

Because of you I may be starting my count down tomorrow.

Have a great day
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #134
dare2dream
BL6 Weightkeeper

Welcome Back Vija!

It is so good to hear from you again. I really hate getting back to 'reality' after a wonderful vacation. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures. What was the best and what was the worst? My daughter is pregnant with grandbaby #5 and is due Christmas day. We are taking a girls only trip to Vegas at the end of September.

Great job on your vacation loss. It is so hard to eat healthy on vacation.

I have always wanted to run the Princess 5 K at WDW. Here's a link. They also have a half marathon but I don't think I would be up for that. What do you think about a 5 K? I will be working on getting my 'before' picture this weekend. I have always dreamed of taking monthly update pictures of my weight loss and it is now FINALLY the time to do it.

I vividly remember 'the incident'. I cried and prayed for you. I am so glad you made it through that ordeal.

As you ease back to reality I look forward to sharing your weight loss journey. I know you can get back to your healthy lifestyle and move forward on this journey. You CAN do this.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #135
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Back

And glad to see this blog again. Brenda and Donac - hello to you both too.

We came home from Iceland last night. Wonderful trip - very tired and jet lagged.

The race was not so successful, though I have completed a 10k race several times, not that day. The pain was shooting out of my leg so badly that the coach pulled me at 7 k. Actually they picked me up in a Hummer like vehicle (which took a cast of thousands to get me into) and transported me .5 k from the finish line.

I walked accross and they gave me a medal anyway, but it is a cherished keepsake, not earned. I did not get photographed in it.

The DQ is very upsetting and if I had been home, I would not have allowed it and would have walked until my legs fell off or they closed the course, whichever happened first.

But I had Norm and our vacation to think about. Later that night we actually bombed around Rekjavik and clocked nearly 10 miles on the pedometer that day.

Staying in bed for several days to "recover" was not in the plan.

Our trip was incredible and I intend to blog in a series of notes on Facebook and can send in another format to you folks if you like.

But I also intend to start one of these WISH journals. Plan to begin on September 7th (giving myself a week to rest up and recover and plan). It will dialogue my journey to (finally) conquer the Disney half in January 2013).

And it will talk about the ugly side of our trip to Iceland - like how it felt to be stuffed into an airplane seat like a sardine (the flight home was the hottest most uncomfortable 5.5 hours I ever spent) and being the fattest person in Iceland and I am not kidding - never saw anyone obese anywhere - and very few people of colour. Everyone there is fit, blonde and beautiful.

The good news is that I did not gain any weight there despite the food.

I am tired of this, I want to be fit and want to move forward.

I am tired of taking up space, apologizing to the world for inconveniencing them and have no business in athletic events until I am fit enough to do it. Not fair to the others. I took up the coach's time babysitting me when he could have been celebrating the success of others and that is inexcusable in my book and must stop.

Its time to get serious and to end all this.

Brenda, go for the 5k. I have done it at Disney twice. They do not sweep, its just fun.

The only good thing about the Iceland race is that I did manage to raise $6,100 for diabetes research, which I hope benefits those like Brenda who have it.

Sorry if this sounds like sour grapes. As long as I breathe I will never give up, but I do need to change focus.

So how do I go about starting a journal like this?

So cool that so many are doing it - Vija, look how you have inspired us. I always felt a special kinship with you.

Linda

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: