Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #106
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Hello to you, too, Linda.
Hi there! Is there a new BL challenge for fall? I must check it out, it will fit with my plans when I return August 30th

I need to be more accountable - like Vija is doing now.

Go for it Vija

Linda

Old 08-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #107
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmduck View Post
Those are great goals

You know I am a fan of setting small goals.

Sorry I have not posted lately - we have been very busy getting ready for our trip and we leave in 10 days.

I am very nervous about the race and being "off the grid" for the time we are there. Iceland has its own phone system - I phone will not work there.

We may link into internet from time to time and I think we are taking my small laptop.

Keep it up Vija. It is hard to persevere over the long haul, but I know we can and when I get back I am starting a new program to train for a half marathon by May, and I may blog along with you.

Have a great week.

Linda

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to read all about your race and your vacation. I would LOVE it if you blogged too! and a half marathon for May, you are my HERO! If I don't "talk" to you before then, have a safe journey and an amazing time!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #108
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 64. completely down in the dumps...

ALERT**** PITY PARTY AHEAD***** Please feel free to avert your eyes and skip to day 65 tomorrow if you don't want to read this...

today has been a really bad day for me. I don't feel like I can share what I want to because of putting too much info out on the net. I will be able to soon, I just can't right now. And No, it isn't really bad, just getting me really down right now. I know I am not alone, but I feel very lonely. and to top it off, I did virtually nothing today. I essentially got very depressed, ate to my hearts content, didn't exercise, wasted time, wasted today and just lamented in my sadness.

I have been at this for 64 days, I have made some good choices, but I am also at a plateau right now, because I KNOW my calorie intake is horrible. I've made some good choices, not not any real changes. I know this is a long process, but I have to get moving, literally. We are also surprising the kids with 2 days at DLR and all I can think of is "am I going to fit on this or that ride, WHY didn't I loose more weight" WHAT is wrong with me????
Old 08-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #109
jimmduck
Going for the duck

When you are down, it is the very time you should reach out to someone.

There is nothing wrong with you - except that you desire to face your struggles while others bury their heads in the sand until its too late.

It is not too late.

You are not thinking or doing anything that many others, along with me are not.

Keep plugging and reaching out Vija - be vigilant. The only way to get to the next mile is to put one foot in front of the other.

Like Nike Says - just Do it!

Waiting eagerly for the next post...

Linda

Old 08-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #110
dare2dream
BL6 Weightkeeper
thinking that it is a wonderful time to be walking around the block

You can do it Vija!!

I have been spying on you for a while. I discovered your journal when I posted my Wish thread about going to my drug dealer.

I am concerned about you and am sorry about whatever is causing you pain. Life can be tough at times but you have the ability to get through this challenge and get on with your weight loss journey.

You are inspiring me. I have been miserable for quite a while now and am moving toward that big commitment of jumping on the wagon and hanging on for dear life. I like the way you are numbering each day and have enjoyed your daily accounting.

I too am in this for a very long haul. In my mind I am breaking my journey into 6 13 week increments. I keep telling myself I can commit to 91 days and then see what happens. So far I haven't gotten past day 1.

I ordered that Chicken Soup book you mentioned but first I am reading Heaven is for Real for my church ladies September book club. I am reading it early so I can share my copy with the other ladies in the group so they can read it too. It's hard to get a copy of it at the library right now.

Sorry to talk so much about me. This is your journal and I just wanted to say "Hi" and let you know I am sharing your journey and rejoicing with your successes and weeping with you during the tough times.

Keep your head up Princess and keep moving forward. You know this journey will be perilous but it will be worth it. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time, one bite at a time. I KNOW you CAN do this.

Please check in when you can. There are many here that care about you.

PS Hi Linda, good to see you too!!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #111
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

(((VIJA)))

ginormous hugs for you my friend, whatever is creeping into your mind and heart, I know you can overcome it, you are strong! i'm rooting for you, you have been a true friend to me over the years, never doubt you are WORTH IT!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........

Last edited by ohMom; 08-11-2011 at 09:06 AM.
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #112
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Linda, Brenda and Moli...OH, MY DEAR WISH FRIENDS!!!! What would I do without you? You 3 are so very important to me! THANK you so much for rallying around me. You have no idea how much that means to me. Wouldn't it be great if we could all meet in real life? Some day I sure hope to!

What I was down about is getting better, and to some people when I finally post will think "she was sad about that???", it really isn't "a big deal" it just got to me. So know that I am OK. I am much better, and in fact when you read today's post I think you will be proud of me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmduck View Post
When you are down, it is the very time you should reach out to someone.

There is nothing wrong with you - except that you desire to face your struggles while others bury their heads in the sand until its too late.

It is not too late.

You are not thinking or doing anything that many others, along with me are not.

Keep plugging and reaching out Vija - be vigilant. The only way to get to the next mile is to put one foot in front of the other.

Like Nike Says - just Do it!

Waiting eagerly for the next post...

Linda

You are so right about " just do it", what a bunch of time I have wasted lamenting my self imposed predicament. I don't want to do that any more, I just want to LIVE and enjoy LIFE, and feel comfortable in my skin! Thanks for reminding me that although I am struggling I have not given up, nor will I ever give up and I do choose to face my struggles. some days I may hide from them, but eventually I come out to battle, and I plan to conquer this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dare2dream View Post
I have been spying on you for a while. I discovered your journal when I posted my Wish thread about going to my drug dealer.

I am concerned about you and am sorry about whatever is causing you pain. Life can be tough at times but you have the ability to get through this challenge and get on with your weight loss journey.

You are inspiring me. I have been miserable for quite a while now and am moving toward that big commitment of jumping on the wagon and hanging on for dear life. I like the way you are numbering each day and have enjoyed your daily accounting.

I too am in this for a very long haul. In my mind I am breaking my journey into 6 13 week increments. I keep telling myself I can commit to 91 days and then see what happens. So far I haven't gotten past day 1.

I ordered that Chicken Soup book you mentioned but first I am reading Heaven is for Real for my church ladies September book club. I am reading it early so I can share my copy with the other ladies in the group so they can read it too. It's hard to get a copy of it at the library right now.

Sorry to talk so much about me. This is your journal and I just wanted to say "Hi" and let you know I am sharing your journey and rejoicing with your successes and weeping with you during the tough times.

Keep your head up Princess and keep moving forward. You know this journey will be perilous but it will be worth it. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time, one bite at a time. I KNOW you CAN do this.

Please check in when you can. There are many here that care about you.

PS Hi Linda, good to see you too!!
BRENDA! I am so glad to hear from you, it has been a long time. So glad to "see" you here! Thanks for coming to join the party. OK, now you have me curious as to what your post about going to the drug dealer is all about, I will have to go research that one.... As to my journal, numbering each day has been really helpful, and insightful. I am amazed at how quickly the days move along... Ironic in a way because when you are hungry the time goes soooo slowwwww! I don't remember what I ate 3 weeks ago. So in 3 weeks I won't remember if I had chips, if I went to bed hungry, I'll survive if I skip chips one day... I guess that is a lesson I am learning from all of this.

I will be right here for you when you start on that journey, and I will push you up on your weight loss wagon, and I will be your Loudest cheerleader too! That day 1 is a killer, but just make one change that day, one healthy choice and don't give up, I am here for you and believe in you too! 13 week increments sounds very doable! choose something you know you can commit too, I'm the queen of making too many promises, setting myself up to fail. Another thing I've learned on my journey. This morning I was plotting and planning my next great idea and really had to think through and analyzed my ideas and thought "would this be something I truly can commit to, something I am ready to do" and because I thought things through I picked some changes that I know I can stick to. ( see today's post for that!)

As far as the books go, "Heaven is for Real" is soooo good! the book spoke to me in so many ways. When your done let me know, I would love to "chat" about what inspired you and what you thought of it. Now I've moved on to "the Help", along with the chicken soup book. Pretty good book so far.

AND PLEASE feel free to chat about what is going on in your life. I may have started this journal, but it is for EVERYONE to share their thoughts too, because only together with each other's support can we make it through this and I know we can all help each other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
(((VIJA)))

ginormous hugs for you my friend, whatever is creeping in my mind and heart, I know you can overcome it, you are strong! i'm rooting for you, you have been a true friend to me over the years, never doubt you are WORTH IT!
Oh my gosh, such tremendous words of support, comfort, and friendship. I almost feel foolish now because what was getting me down isn't necessarly something I have to overcome, just I need time to pass by quickly. I fear I have led everyone astray in what is/was getting me down. TRUST ME it will pass, and I will be just fine, it really isn't a "problem". Some people have real issues in their lives, this is not at all. THank you for your vote of confidence in me, I am so strong in different areas of my life. How interesting that some areas I can conquer, be determined and really overcome issues. and others, like healthy habbits, are such a challenge? Hmmmm, something to ponder...
Old 08-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #113
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 65 & Day 66. WHERE is DAY 65??? And FINALLY some changes on the horizon

Ummm, WHERE IS DAY 65????

I posted last night, but it didn't take????? OK, that frustrates me a bit. I made a commitment to post every day, and it didn't take! Ughhh, please know that I did post yesterday. I must have clicked out of the DIS before it posted. I know it was taking a long time for my pages to refresh, so I must have thought it was OK, but in fact it got lost in cyber world. Oh well, I'll try to remember what I posted. I mentioned that I had hurt my back on Sunday somehow and that was adding to my misery. Yesterday it was pretty bad in the morning, but I iced it throughout the day and it did get better. I did make the choice of not eating fast food and instead made dinner at home. It wasn't the healthiest, but better than McDonlads!

On to day 66.

So this morning I woke up mad! Not mad at myself or anyone in particular, just motivated mad. (ever get that way?) I guess fed up might be more the correct term. I was thinking about making changes, remembering how I posted I hadn't made any real changes. Well, first I want to give myself credit because in the last 66 days I did make one change... to actively choose to make healthier choices. I hadn't done that before and I am proud of making those choices and just not giving up or giving in. SECOND I've been posting daily (we just won't mention day 65. again...) that is a change too. Daily analyzing my thoughts and actions. Self awareness is key in this journey and I have had some light bulb moments. So, here are 2 changes that I want to be consistent on.

#1 In the morning, every morning, I have scrambled eggs. (Before everyone freaks out about that, I have talked to my nutritionist and for me it is the right thing in the morning). However I have been adding in more and more butter to the pan. LOADS of butter. So I am back to using Pam in the morning. I did it this morning and I survived! That change will create a lot of saved calories.

#2 Second change is motivated by something I heard on a morning news show. I can't rememeber if it was the Today show or the local news show. Anyway they mentioned that an apple is a successful key to weight loss. If you are not hungry enough to eat an apple, then you are not hungry enough to eat the "junk". So after dinner, before I sit down with any junk I need to eat a fruit, and then wait 10 minutes. If I am still hungry for the "junk" then portion out a serving and don't feel guilty.

I thought long and hard about these changes. I had others ready to go, some where the "I can't have's" or some where the "you have to's" and I didn't think I could do those changes long term. So I filtered through my many ideas (remember I am the queen at making too many changes, and too many hard and fast "rules" to have to follow), and came up with these 2 ideas that I know I can follow and that I know are doable for the long term. I can't wait till they are part of my daily routine and I can add in more changes.

I feel so much more happier and in control!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #114
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 67. Making it happen

No butter again this morning! I like that. Dinner was goofy tonight. ended up sort of splitting it up. So in the end no chips after my final meal, although this borders on technically not following the rule, as I did eat very late. I will have that apple on the counter tomorrow, all sliced up so I don't goof anything up. I like the way I am moving forward. Played a bunch of volleyball with DD. and I mowed 1/2 the lawn, so I got some exercise in. The nights are crisp and cool so I want to get out and go for some walks while it is so nice outside.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #115
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

I'm so proud of you!!!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #116
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
I'm so proud of you!!!
Thank you!!!!! It feels good to hear that!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #117
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 68. One change is easier than the other, and inspiration comes from my DD!

So, I have had no problem changing over the Pam. I confess I do miss the flavor of the buttered eggs, but I am adapting and it is fine. That was an easy change. Granted I've only done it a couple of days, but I'm getting it done.

Now the chips are another story... I actually did pretty good at work. I brought left overs, but was stressed a bit at work and wanted to have some chips to ease the stress. I told myself to first eat what I brought and then if I wanted them I could have. I didn't want them after I ate the leftovers, so that was a great choice.

I was super proud of myself tonight. DD and I practiced volleyball for a while, I came inside and exercised to my Wii just dance game (LOVE IT), and then practiced my Tae Kwon Do forms. It was over an hour of exercise. I then went outside to read.

And then the plot thickens.... Came in and, and... well I must confess went to the kitchen table and opened a bag of chips and just ate and read. Mindless eating WHY is it so hard for me at night? Why oh Why didn't I go upstairs and read upstairs. Once upstairs I rarely venture back down for snacks. Well my DD yelled down to me that she was really happy. I asked why and she said that she is trying to get more in shape and is down a few pounds. I am so happy for her, and happy that she is motivated to get healthy. Well that inspired me and I immediately put the chips away. who knows how much more damage I would have done.

So to focus on the good things for today...

Used Pam
skipped chips at lunch
played volleyball
Exercised to Wii
Practiced Tae Kwon Do forms
logged in and journaled

I do see that I made some good choices today, just need to add in better choices for the evening.

Onward and Downward I go.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #118
wide awake
Nuts are good
I think vacation planning is the best therapy in the world
I do have cute tennis shoes

Sometimes flossing your teeth after dinner or a planned snack will keep you from eating at night.
wide awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #119
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide awake View Post
Sometimes flossing your teeth after dinner or a planned snack will keep you from eating at night.
that does sound like a good idea. consistently done that would trigger an "I'm done eating today" response. I will have to add that in. and the bonus is that my dental health would improve!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #120
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 69. crazy day

My work schedule was a bit different today so it was very crazy for me eating wise. I did get up and get a 3 mile walk in today, so I am very proud of that. I did have a lot of stressful moments today, so I am afraid I took it out on the chips. I have to find a way to control that monster!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: