Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #91
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

day 55. looking forward to the weekend!

LONG day today. My feet are tired! Didn't get any extra exercise in today at all. but I did make good choices at lunch. A friend brought in peanut butter covered dark chocolate spread. OH MY WORD was that amazing! I took only 1 teaspoon and spread it on one cracker, (yes, only 1). I knew if I had any more I might as well grab a spoon, dig into the bowl find a corner and hide, eat it all and go back after lunch and ask who ate it all... AND I ate my apple too. That is becoming habbit to eat an apple at lunch. Kind of like that.

Tomorrow hope to get alot of exercise in!

have a great weekend everyone.
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #92
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 56. Red Robin.... YUMMMM! and that brought out the monster...

Oh boy, the title says it all! I had Red Robin today and hang my head in shame... It was yummy, but I need to make better choices when going out to eat. DD had a grilled chicken salad. It looked pretty good. I need to find the courage and strength within to stick with making healthier choices. I do great some days and then it's like the "fat and carb" monster comes out and wants to be fed carbs and creamy fats. There is some fear involved, but not sure what? Fear I won't be full? Even when I'm stuffed I don't always feel full... KWIM?

Obviously I am feeding some pain and hurts. There isn't some deep tragic past, I really did have a golden childhood. The only thing I can think of is there was a time in my life that I did work with some horrible people. They were verbally abusive. I wish I would have left that place much sooner. It was a trade off because the hours were pretty good. I did try to leave a few times, but didn't get the jobs I interviewed for. My self esteem plummeted. I wasn't even this horribly overweight when the nastiness started. But I did get depressed and ate, felt worse, ate some more and over the course of a year I gained at least 100#. I have been so overweight for at least 11 years. This happened when I was an adult. Looking back now, and knowing what I do know now I should have been alot more aggressive about leaving. I LOVE where I am now. I LOVE the people I work with and I LOVE my job! Thank heavens I am somewhere good now.

So that being said, why can't I get rid of that horrible monster? Why can't I let that go?

I would like to end today on a happy note... We did get our 3 mile walk in and I bought a book to maybe help me along this journey. It is called "Shaping the New You" it is a chicken soup for the soul book. It says "101 encouraging stories about dieting and fitness... and finding what works for you". I am looking forward to reading the inspiring stories from people who have been in the trenches and have succeeded.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2011, 04:54 AM   #93
wide awake
Nuts are good
I think vacation planning is the best therapy in the world
I do have cute tennis shoes

Hi,
Sounds like you've had some good days. We were on the 10 day Magic cruise in the Med, just got home a couple hours ago. A couple things reinforced on the trip...the Europeans, for the most part, are thin...and they eat great food...but they walk way more than we do, and their food is high quality and satisfying. We had dessert in Rome, it was 4 bites...but those bites were yummy and just enough to fill the sweet urge. I just ate a yummy pastry thing I got on an Iberia flight...all of a sudden I'm not eating stupid stuff, i.e. saltines, etc... So quality over quantity, and lots of walking.
wide awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #94
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Hey Vija - hope your weekend is going well.

Mine has been crazy! Down one pound (just 8 since January and I feel like a colossal failure - but another story) but the rest of the weekend has been bad, too much mindless eating!

Which is why, I think, a lot of the weight loss industry thinking is fundamentally flawed, because true bingers like me are not guided by hunger when they are on a "drug run".

Another story there.

Went down for the day to meet up with my sister who lives in New Brunswick. We were to meet up in Springhill, N.S. to go to the Anne Murray museum, which I had wanted to go to for some time.

It was raining, I get to Truro, my windshield wipers stop working. Big time drama, she picked me up, got to the centre but ended up driving more than 11k, in the pouring rain, with no windshield wipers - before I could get to an area where I could leave the car. My friend drove me home, but it was wild. Four way flashers, all I could see was a little bit out the side windows and a fuzzy white zigzag on the right.

Scariest 11k I ever drove!

Anyway, tonight the "drunk" is over, doing ok. Walking about 1.5 hours in the morning.

Looking forward to hearing from you again Vija - such a wonderful journey. Want to be part of it.

Linda

Old 07-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #95
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide awake View Post
Hi,
Sounds like you've had some good days. We were on the 10 day Magic cruise in the Med, just got home a couple hours ago. A couple things reinforced on the trip...the Europeans, for the most part, are thin...and they eat great food...but they walk way more than we do, and their food is high quality and satisfying. We had dessert in Rome, it was 4 bites...but those bites were yummy and just enough to fill the sweet urge. I just ate a yummy pastry thing I got on an Iberia flight...all of a sudden I'm not eating stupid stuff, i.e. saltines, etc... So quality over quantity, and lots of walking.
Oh wow, please tell me if you are doing a trip report. I would LOVE to read it! Hope all went well. Interesting observations. I like the idea of quality over quantity. I saw the same when we went to Europe in 1992. I guess I didn't really look too much at what everyone was eating. I wasn't horribly overweight then. Maybe about 30 pounds then. I was pretty fit. BUT we did walk EVERYWHERE! Remember those white little canvas shoes we used to wear? I wore out the bottom of a pair I had in one day. We walked nonstop. We hung out with a way distant young cousin and toured us all over the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmduck View Post
Hey Vija - hope your weekend is going well.

Mine has been crazy! Down one pound (just 8 since January and I feel like a colossal failure - but another story) but the rest of the weekend has been bad, too much mindless eating!

Which is why, I think, a lot of the weight loss industry thinking is fundamentally flawed, because true bingers like me are not guided by hunger when they are on a "drug run".

Another story there.

Went down for the day to meet up with my sister who lives in New Brunswick. We were to meet up in Springhill, N.S. to go to the Anne Murray museum, which I had wanted to go to for some time.

It was raining, I get to Truro, my windshield wipers stop working. Big time drama, she picked me up, got to the centre but ended up driving more than 11k, in the pouring rain, with no windshield wipers - before I could get to an area where I could leave the car. My friend drove me home, but it was wild. Four way flashers, all I could see was a little bit out the side windows and a fuzzy white zigzag on the right.

Scariest 11k I ever drove!

Anyway, tonight the "drunk" is over, doing ok. Walking about 1.5 hours in the morning.

Looking forward to hearing from you again Vija - such a wonderful journey. Want to be part of it.

Linda

Oh My gosh, I am so glad you are OK! THat really must have been super scary. Was the museum worth it? AND PLEASE don't feel like a collosal failure! You are down 8 pounds!!!! 8 POUNDS! THat is a step in the right direction. You could have gone the other way, but you didn't you are down and you should celebrate that! ANd I am so glad you are on the journey with me! It means so much to me. You ARE a part of it and together we will work away our issues and get to a healthy place. Look at you... on the way to do an 10K!!!! That is AWESOME! Can't wait to hear all about it and support you in that.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:54 PM   #96
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 57. a thread on the community board has me thinking...

So on the CB someone posted a question... What can't you do that most people can. And my first thought was "portion control". What an odd thing. Really, how can it be so hard to just eat what you are supposed to? Look at the package... 3 cookies means 3 cookies. (Ok, I guess cookies wasn't the best example on trying to be healthy!)

So, as I work on myself, I would like to focus on portion control. Really look at what I am eating. no more eating right out of the bag, measure first. Put it on a plate, a bowl and measure it out. I had cottage cheese as a snack earlier today. Didn't measure it, just dumped a bunch out. Who knows how much it actually was. I think awareness will be very helpful. I am sure that I will naturally slow down on eating when I look at what an actualy portion is.

Walked this morning! felt great. And I started reading 2 books. "Heaven is for real" and the chicken soup book I mentioned. I just read the intro and the first story so far for the Chicken soup book, but so far so good! I'll keep you posted.

Off to buy a swimsuit on line, not exactly something I am looking forward to, but since we are going on vacation, I figure I should have something comfy to wear.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #97
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 58. should have just went to bed...

Ughhh, I had been doing soooo good today too. Ended up snacking on chips and cookies tonight. I should have just gone to bed, I would have been away from the food and temptation. Need to plan to make tomorrow better.

On the upside we played apples to apples tonight and we had a great time! I have never played that game and we laughed really hard. FUN game!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #98
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 59. good choice tonight

Came home late tonight. One good thing comes from that. At least I don't feel like snacking when I eat so late. THat's about it for tonight. Sorry so short. At least I made that good choice! I'm tired, and off to bed!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #99
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 60. Can it really be 60 days already?

WOW did that time fly by!

During that time I think I made some great choices. Got alot of exercise in and improved my mood tremendously. I've lost a few pounds, not as many as I would like, but I lost!

tonight I had chips from a premeasured bag and a handful of almonds. practiced volleyball with DD and went for a quick walk with DH. After the walk I told him I wanted to go upstairs because if I stay down there I know I will eat and don't want to do that! So that was another good choice!

LOVE focussing on the positives.

Looking forward to the next 60 days.

Hopefully I can make more and more healthy choices.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #100
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Vija, congrats on getting through the first 60 days of your healthy lifestyle! You're doing great!

Hello to you, too, Linda.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #101
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Vija, congrats on getting through the first 60 days of your healthy lifestyle! You're doing great!

Hello to you, too, Linda.
Thank you so much! I appreciate the support!!!!! It really means alot to me to know that this journey isn't being done alone.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #102
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 61. Feel more energetic.

Today is short, not too much excitment, but I guess sometimes thats a good thing!

I know I haven't been getting as much exercise in as I want, but today as I entered a store after work, I just felt energized. That was great, haven't felt like that in a long time. Small baby steps! I am going to work on getting in more exercise. I think tomorrow I'll do one of my Wii dance games, that's always a lot of fun.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #103
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 62. No lunch and the consequences

I did not get a lunch today at work. It was really crazy and just didn't work out. Doesn't really happen often, but oh my the consequences were not pretty. Ate way too much! I'll have to bring something to work like a snack bar or something to have on hand that if I don't get a lunch at least I can have something nutritious to tide me over.

Happy Friday everyone!

I am hoping to get some great exercise in this weekend. I have been playing volleyball with DD alot. Not exactly "playing", rather helping her, but it gets me outside and active and it feels fun to me. AND I love that she is out there being active. Hopefully some of these healthy behaviors and choices are rubbing off on her too.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #104
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 63. Woke up and had a great exercise!

Woke up and did 30 minutes on the stairmaster, then went for a nice walk up and down hills near me. FELT GREAT! along the way there was a 5K run. It was fun to watch the runners as I walked. I've always wanted to be in a run of some sort. I am putting that on my to do list. Not sure if I have started my dream wish to-do list on here yet, I don't thinks so, so here is the start of that list...

#1 EARN my black belt!
#2 Run in any race
#3 Run in a WDW 1/2 marathon
#4 Wear a BEAUTIFUL evening gown for our upcoming cruise on formal nigt
#5 FIT into and ride the new Harry Potter Ride at Universal
#6 Swim with the Dolphins

It's a start, and I know I will be adding more to my list as I go.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #105
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Those are great goals

You know I am a fan of setting small goals.

Sorry I have not posted lately - we have been very busy getting ready for our trip and we leave in 10 days.

I am very nervous about the race and being "off the grid" for the time we are there. Iceland has its own phone system - I phone will not work there.

We may link into internet from time to time and I think we are taking my small laptop.

Keep it up Vija. It is hard to persevere over the long haul, but I know we can and when I get back I am starting a new program to train for a half marathon by May, and I may blog along with you.

Have a great week.

Linda

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: