Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #16
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Day 9 Love my Wii and love my walks with DH

Day 9! LOVE IT!

I ate really good today. Just had a bit of chocolate after dinner, not much at all, and no snacking otherwise with healthy portions!

I worked out with DD to Just Dance on the Wii. Love that game, I can dance and exercise at the same time. Then I love going for walks wtih DH at night. The sunset was beautiful.

I am so happy with how today went. I also really wanted to step on the scale this morning, but I resisted. I will wait till Sunday, but it is hard. Last night I finished the book "the Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl". It is so good. It is about a girl who lost 1/2 her body weight. It was very inspiring. I am onto reading "tales from the Scale" a book that has different contributors to it. So far it looks great.

BabyTigger99Thank you so much for your support! I appreciate it very much. And I will keep it up, even in such a short time I really feel invested in this endevour.

pjllaThanks for the great words of wisdom. Depending on the schedule at work, I don't always have a choice as to when I eat. That part is hard to make things work, I work in health care, and patients do come first. I haven't tried skinny cow in a while. I had their ice cream sandwhiches a while back. I'm usually not to worried about sweets, I'm more of a creamy/salty craver. That is something I am trying to work on.

That is so cool that you celebrate those special days too with your DH. It makes things so romantic remembering when and where it all started.

I agree that breakfast on the farm will be a lot more fun at a lower weight, can't wait to experience that next year!

Good night everyone, off to read a little before turning out the lighs!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:59 PM   #17
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 10 words of wisdom

so today an elderly patient of mine told me that if she knew then what she knows now she would do things alot differently. I asked her what she would do different and she said "I would have danced more, ice skated more, roller skated more.... and just done more". I have to say that REALLY touched my heart! She just wishes she would have enjoyed her youth and younger years and been more active. It makes me realize that although I have lost out on a lot of things becuae of my weight, it still isn't too late, and I better do "more" of the important things in my life, because you just never know what lies in store for you.

So these are the things I want to do MORE...
1. spend more time with the kids, seek out what they want to do, and enjoy them for their special gifts.
2. Spend more time with DH in ze bedrooom!
3. Get outside and enjoy the outside more, even if it is just reading a book on the porch.
4. Call my parents more
5. Go to my parents lake cottage more
6. have some nights out with the girlfriends
7. Go geocaching more
8. travel more, even if it is just within the county, just get out and experience new places
9. Spend more time reading and less TV watching
10. Spend more time playing games with the family
11. Spend more time playing with our dog.

I am sure I can think of more things to do More, but I think that is a good starting point.

Accomplishments for today...
1. Drank 3 bottles of water at work
2. gave some of my french fries away
3. Exercised before work on the stairmaster for 1/2 hour, and even increased the difficulty for the last 3 1/2 minutes
4. Took a long walk tonight 45 minutes enjoying the beutiful outdoors! (see #3 above)
5. Had a fruit with lunch

Now off to enjoy #2!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 11 A long day, and I saw the warning signs to "STOP"

A long day... how to get exercise in when your time at home is decreased? AND it is raining outside, but to be honest, I don't think my feet would be up to exercising today, they are pretty tired,and really hurt. When I drove into the garage, I decided that this would be a day that would be a recouperating day. Unfortunately that left me open to the couch, TV to catch up on shows that are DVR'd... and I had some chips. I had more than I should have, but I stopped myself from eating WAY too much, so that is good. I also had some chocolate, and intended to eat the whole bar, but as I was going upstairs I made the decision that this is NOT how I wanted to end the day, so I had 1/2 and put the other half away.

So in the end I made some poor choices, saw the warning signs and stopped myself before I did any real damage and fell of the wagon. I don't ever want to have to start over, it is way too hard for me to get started. I like that I am on day 11. I will like each day more and more, because I am committing to myself to get healthier and although I did better than before by seeing that this could be a potential "fall of the wagon" night, and put the breaks on... I don't want another night like this again.

Here's looking forward to day 12!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #19
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 12 I resisted!

So tonight We were watching TV and I wanted some Doritos Soooooo bad! I just kept telling myself "Hang on just a little bit longer", I could get up and get them, but I didn't really want to. I kept telling myself to how much better I would feel tomorrow having resisted today. the show ended, and I am now upstairs doing my daily update, and I resisted!!!!!

In addition I got a great workout in, I did the stairmaster and at the end I was doing intervals with the levels. I was very sweaty! Must have been a good workout. then I went for a long walk, about 45 minutes, purposely choosing a walk with hills.

AND I strolled at night with DH too.

Lunch wasn't the greatest choice, but I ended the day strong and I feel very proud.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #20
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 13 It's Friday! & Love visiting my Mom and Dad

Did pretty good today, no snacking at all. I planned on working out when I got home, but I ended up working long hours, and we did a spur of the moment trip to visit my Mom and Dad tonight, so I didn't get a workout in. I still feel pretty good, and I am so happy I didn't snack at all.

Love visiting Mom and Dad. Dad had a big health scare earlier this year, and I am so thankful he is here. Brought him his Father's Day present and it was a very nice visit.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #21
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 14 Two weeks!

Wow, I've been at this for 2 weeks! I am doing pretty good, and I have to say these 2 weeks went by super fast. It wasn't a horrible struggle, and I am starting to feel physically better.

This morning I did a Biggest Loser DVD and my TKD forms for a total of 30 minutes, then DH and I went on a 3.2 mile walk. That felt great. The walk included intentional hill walking. Really trying to get ready for our trip out west and all the activity we will be doing.

I did pretty good with food throughout the day too, it was a little hard, but not too bad. I had some snacking in the evening, but I listened to my body and stopped when I felt satisfied. Even when DH and DD went out for ice cream, I went along, but didn't get any!

That is a big accomplishment!
Old 06-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #22
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 15 Happy Father's Day!

so I started the day out GREAT! I lost 3.8#!!!!!

That is great! I had a hard time getting going this morning, I worked out on the stairmaster for 1/2 hour, that felt great. We ended up going to Red Robin (YUMMMM!) for lunch, it was very tasty, but so not diet food.

I'll have to get some good exercise in this week to make up for that, bummer is that it is supposed to rain all week, so I might not be able to go for my walks. I'll get it done though. I am on my way!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:36 PM   #23
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 16 Ever have one of those days?

Ughhh, today stunk! I ate crappy pretty much all day. I woke up crabby, and couldn't shake that. I was depressed last night and concerned about some issues, woke up witht he same issues and stress. I set the alarm early to exercise, but I just kept hitting the snooze. So I didn't get up to work out, and I was tired because I kept getting woken up every 9 min. I should have just gotten up. Then I proceeded to have chips at lunch. Then I ate chips after dinner, then chocolate, then chips. Then I went to the store and got supplies to make bagel dip for work (we are all bringing appetizers to celebrate a coworker returning), so I made the dip and proceeded to have some bagel dip, then I had more chips. AND in the process didn't work out.

2 things I see that are bothering me.
1. The issue that I have going on is stressing me out.
2. I also looked ahead a what I would ideally like to weigh by our upcoming vacation and it equals to like a 4# loss each week. I should never have looked because it stressed me out. I have to get out of the mind games of numbers. I was feeling so great, proud, and positive. When I get into the gameplay of the numbers in my head, then I get stressed, realize I couldn't possibly loose what I want and then end up throwing in the towel.

I have to shake this off before I get completely out of control. I need to get back on track tomorrow.

Think positive thoughts for me that I can pull it all back together again.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #24
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 17 Still holding on

So today is slightly better than yesterday. Ate way too much at lunch. we all brought in hors de vours (sp?) to celebrate our coworker return. then I had some fries on the way home. I did go for a walk, couldn't go as far as I wanted to because of a big thunderstorm that came through. I was walking pretty fast to get home, and missed the downpour by about 8 minutes. It was fun watching the storm roll in. I just love storms.

Tonight for dinner we had tacos, I had a little bit of chocolate chips after dinner, and intend to be done eating for the night. I may head out to go for a walk. It looks too beautiful now not to get out there.

So, I am slowly getting back on track! Thank Heavens!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #25
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 18 Not perfect but better

Slowly I am coming back around to doing this thing right. I had a few snacks, but definitely a lot less than what I would have had in the past. I will be happier when the rainy weather clears up. I love my walks in summer. Thinking too of getting NetFlix so that I can watch DVD's while exercising on the stairmaster. It keeps things fresh and time goes by so much quicker.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #26
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Go, Vija, go!

There are a lot of fun and interesting things on Netflix -- I think you would like it and anything that helps get through that exercise is a plus IMHO.

You're doing great!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #27
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 19 Exercising again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Go, Vija, go!

There are a lot of fun and interesting things on Netflix -- I think you would like it and anything that helps get through that exercise is a plus IMHO.

You're doing great!
Thanks so much for reading my journal and kind words! I was excited to see another comment! I think you are so right about netflix. I am going to really have to check into that. I love using my stairmaster, but the time goes by so much easier when I am watching something. And DH took the time to put a TV up on the wall, I am so appreciative and want to continue to use it.

So today I got up and exercised! Finally out of the rut of not exercising. I had off of work, so I think that helped. I did my stairmaster for 30 minutes. and for 5 minutes in the middle I increased the intensity to level 2. Felt very good about that! I skipped on getting chips 2 times while we were out and about. DH took the day off too, so we had a nice day today. I picked up a Dancing with the stars exercise DVD and also the broadway Dance Wii game.

I think I want to set a short goal. For a week I want to excercise at least 30 minutes each day on my stairmaster. And since this journal is titled "healthy choices" I am going to add in flossing. I just don't floss like I should so for 1 week I will add that in, and hopefully keep it up after that!

Mini goal day 1
flossing done!
stairmaster done!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #28
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 20 I'm Tired!

Not sure why, I woke up super tired. And work was pretty busy, my feet are tired, not as bad as they usually are though, so maybe my feet are getting used to the exercise?

It's late and I didn't get my exercise in yet today. I will have to start in on my mini goal again. I know I will make it work, but maybe I need to wait on the stairmaster goal till I have my vacation week in July? Working in time to exercise among all the other things going on sure can be tough. I like the idea of "sceduling" it in. I think I will have to look at that and maybe do that.

Just sitting here thinking, I realize that I am someone who likes to have variety in exercising, so for right now I will revamp the mini goal to make sure I do an aerobic type of activity for 1/2 hour every day. (not including walking, love to do that, but I need to do a more intense activity)

Tomorrow I am really looking forward to exercising to my new DVD. I hope it is a good one!

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #29
wide awake
Nuts are good
I think vacation planning is the best therapy in the world
I do have cute tennis shoes

Don't beat yourself up "just doing walking". Exercise doesn't work if you have to MAKE yourself do it. You're looking at changing your life, and your life should be enjoyable. If you really like to walk, than take a daily walk and call it good. Much better to make that a lifetime habit than forcing yourself to do something you don't enjoy. I'm a size four and walking is the backbone of my fitness program. After about 12 years I added yoga and a little bit of exercise bike, but 90% of my exercise time is spent walking. People are too hard on themselves, they try to diet w/ not enough food, they make themselves do exercises they hate...and it isn't successful. Read some of the WISH journals and you'll see. Think longterm, not short term. If you get into the mindset of being a certain weight for WDW or whatever, you will most likely not get there, or if you do it won't last. Concentrate on making good choices everyday that you can live w/, and the weight will come off and stay off. No it won't be fast, but each day you'll be a tiny bit thinner and more fit than you were the previous day.
wide awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #30
glitterbags
Earning My Ears

Wink

Just as life has its ups and downs, like a roller coaster ride, your exercise regimen with your goal set in mind may at times falter. Our daily activities be at home or at work, is an exercise itself, if you have not exercised at home because you were tired from work, then don't. Do it at your own pace. Don't exercise if you are tired, for everyone has its own limits.
Have a nice weekend. Let's live life to the fullest, enjoying every moment of it.
glitterbags is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: