Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #271
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

That new clippie looks WONDERFUL on you Vija!!!!!

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #272
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
That new clippie looks WONDERFUL on you Vija!!!!!
thank you!!!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #273
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 186 proud to say I'm still doing it!

got my exercise in! 45 min. on the elliptical. I am very motivated to get the exercise minutes in because of the December wish exercise challenge. It made me opt for 45 min. instead of 30!

Last night I spend alot of time on YOUTUBE looking at 1/2 marathon videos from WDW. I am really excited about the Princess. It just looked like more fun, and I'm all about the fun. So that is the one that I am planning on doing. The only thing that would change it is if #1 I can't get off of work, and #2 DS decides to do the regular 1/2 marathon with me. He won't do the Princess!

It did get me very excited about it, I chatted with DH and he is going to be a great support for me too. He was cautioning me about doing this race... He knows how much I have to loose before I can even start running... But today I told him all the stuff I had read on the DIS and Disneys website and I said "I CAN do this", and he said "I KNOW you can, and I'll be dissapointed if you don't". He is totally supporting me and doing all that he can to help me!!!! I just love him so much! He is awesome... So much support and love! How did I ever get to be so lucky to have him in my life?
Old 12-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #274
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 187 got my hair cut!

It has been a long time since I got my hair cut and highlighted. The grey was really coming through! It is a bit shorter than I had and I LOVE it!!!! It feels really good to get pampered a little!

I also got a book, I decided to reward myself for getting going and keeping it up. I am proud of myself, so time for a little non food reward.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #275
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 188. good and bad choices

Last night I knew I wanted to watch tv before bed time and I also knew that if I watched it downstairs that I would eat, and eat badly, so I made the conscious choice to watch tv in the bedroom so I wouldn't eat. GOOD CHOICE!

Woke up early and exercised! GOOD CHOICE!

Had a quicky little something for lunch because we were running out the door, and the smells got to us when we were in town so we got a whopper jr meal. bad choice because I should have just said no, but good choice in that I didn't get the bigger whopper meal.... still I put it in the bad choice area

AND THEN Olive Garden... Oh my...

The only good choice I made was that I asked for a take home container and put 1/2 the main course away right away.

Followed by way too many breadsticks, got the soup (originally planned on just eating 1/2 of the main course) Did I mention the breadsticks????

Another good and bad choice... wanted a dessert, we almost NEVER get dessert, I mean, seriously maybe in all of the times in all of the years we have eaten out we have gotten dessert maybe 4 or 5 times total!!! So what possessed me now??? The only good choice was that I split it with my kids. Still gets a sad face

and... hangs head in shame... chips tonight...

So, some GREAT choices, and some terrible choices. We don't eat out often anymore, but DH really wanted Olive Garden for his birthday. I will just have to be very careful moving forward. I DO NOT WANT TO RELAPSE!!!!!

I will be exercising tomorrow and eating way better...
Old 12-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #276
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 189 not a good day

Not feeling good today, stressed about why I am not feeling good, stressed about $, stressed about lots of other things, and what did I do... ate, didn't exercise, ate and ate some more... Leading to more stress and now I am sad, mad and depressed.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #277
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 190 and 191 Not feeling very good

Yesterday did not get back "on the wagon", no exercise, but the eating was slightly better....

today I am doing a little better with eating again, but I don't feel the greatest, so I am sure that is helping as I really don't have an appetite right now.

No exercise, but I plan on getting it back tomorrow, hopefully I will be feeling better. I really want to complete the December exercise challenge.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #278
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Days 192-198 health concerns

so.... I had some health issues this past week. I am OK, but I have to admit I did get scared and went to see a doctor. I would say that was a healthy choice! We are going to do some work ups and go from there. I don't really want to post what was/is going on, but I am sure I will at some point. I didn't feel safe exercising, so that was frustrating for me. I ended up eating out of fear, i.e. stress eating. and put on a few pounds. I have to take those back as I am in the maintain don't gain challenge for DH's work. Some work ahead of me for that. I did exercise yesterday, and today I am going to run out of time. tomorrow I have a test later in the day so I am sure that I won't feel like exercising. Hopefully I can get some exercise time in on Thursday.

If you are reading this, please send some prayers and happy thoughts my way!
Old 12-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #279
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

I'm so sorry Vija, thinking of you during this and hoping that everything will be ok. Take care of yourself right now and don't sweat the exercising. You will get back into that when you feel better. (((((HUGS))))))

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #280
jimmduck
Going for the duck

A quick pop in to say hi to Vija and the others.

I had my surgery on December 13, and there have been some complications.

Home since Monday, gradually feeling better.

Hoping to start back to work next week and training again the week after - though it will be slow but sure in the beginning.

The drugs I am on are making me sick but I know they are temporary.

Congrats, Vija on doing so well and on deciding to do the half, it will be the January event for me, hopefully, January 2013, that is the plan and 2012 is the the year.

Will do a full reading catch up later.

Merry Christmas everyone and Vija hope the health issues are not serious.

Linda

Old 01-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #281
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 211 Happy New year... no excuses!

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a safe and healthy and happy Christmas and New Year. I know I did! I was so busy! As everyone else was. There were some days that I ate everything in sight, other days I kept it together as I have the maintain don't gain weigh in tomorrow. I don't know that I will have made it. I think I gained about 2-3#. I guess all in all that isn't bad as in past years I've gained alot more than that. I also was unofficially diagnosed with tendonitis in my arm. It hurts and is weaker than the other, and I am bummed as I am doing better, but am limited now to what I can do for strength training and aerobics.

so days 199-210 were much of holiday cheer, stress, etc.

Yesterday I got serious again. I bought a Biggest Loser food journal and am writing down what I eat with my calories. I like that. Also bought a new book written by one of the biggest loser contestants. 10 lessons from a former fat girl. So far it seems pretty good. I like how the next season of the biggest loser is titled "no excuses" I think that will be a motto for me this year.

I completed my one resolution for last year. and that was to put my photos in photo albums. I was years behind in doing so, and am proud to say that I completed that task. This year I have several more goals...

1. loose 100#
2. Earn my black belt
3. Scrapbook DH and DS's albums
4. A financial goal
5. Declutter the house.

So, I will make it work. Today I worked out to an old step aerobics tape. I did pretty good, modified the arm movements and then iced my arm after. I am so proud of myself!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #282
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 213 Maintained!!!! not gained!!!!

today was the weigh out for my DH's work Maintain don't gain program. We had to put in $10 and if you maintained you get your money back and anyone who didn't weigh out, or gained their money gets disbursed to those that maintained. in addition randomly 5 people will get $55. She said 90+ people did it, so to get the random money will be low, but at least I get my $10 back!!! I am proud of that.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #283
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 214. starting out the new year strong!

so far so good. fourth day of the New Year and I am very pleased! Journaling every day, exercising every day so far, decreasing my soda, haven't had McDonalds and decreasing the snacking. I have set a personal weight loss goal for the month of January, I know it is a long shot, but I feel like being competitive with myself, so I am going for it to see how well I can do.

Now, I just need to stay off the scale so I don't play mind games with myself. I know I will have to weigh in during the middle of the month as DH and I are doing a biggest loser competition through his work. Otherwise I think I will stay off the scale and see how I do!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #284
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 215 avoided the scale!

I am so proud of myself, I know it is a simple thing, but I avoided stepping on the scale. I know that I am doing good with my eating and exercising. My mantra is "no good can come from the scale". If I step on the scale and there is a big loss I may just say "hey... I can have a treat... look at how good I am doing, or even panick because I am losing too much, too fast and then that can't be good so I eat... If I gain, or didn't loose enough then of course "it doesn't matter if I eat a little more today, I can just pick up the pace tomorrow"... Mind games. NO GOOD CAN COME FROM THE SCALE! At times I know I have to check myself. I am worried about the Biggest loser challenge though... they want a weekly weigh in. for DH's work, I might just go weigh in and not look while she looks at the scale. Not sure what I will do when my work starts having theirs. I may just employ DH to help me out.

I will weigh myself at the end of January... I have that goal I am working towards....

Just had to say I am so proud of myself!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #285
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 216 & 217 taking care of me & resisting temptation.

Yesterday (216) I was so tired, I forgot to log! I did go to bed and then realized I forgot to log and track my food. I am proud that I did at least log my food and figure out calories. I knew if I got on the computer I wouldn't get off, so I am glad that I just went to sleep and took care of myself.

today (day 217) I had a class I needed to take. They passed around chocolates. I am proud that I only took 4 little ones (the tiny ones) looked at the calorie content before I took them and kept track of what I ate, and I spaced it out and took my time. When they came around again in the afternoon I didn't take any - resisting temptation! VERY PROUD OF THAT!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: