Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #196
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
today, not so much. didn't get in any of the 1/2 hour goals. After work, went to DD's volleyball game, went out to dinner with the family, went grocery shopping and then came home and hit the couch. The good news is that I am off of work tomorrow so I should be able to get in my 3 half hour goals right away in the morning. And hopefully I can catch up on the Biggest Loser show.

Still super tired and off to bed
Focus on what you are doing rather than what you are not doing my friend.

You can and will do this! Believe it and in you. I know I do.

You are a princess!

May not be on again til Sunday, but I am watching!

Have a magical weekend.

Linda

Old 10-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #197
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

day 117. Homecoming

Linda, you are so right, I started this journal to focus on positives and healthy choices. so that is what I will do for today.

Today was homecoming. Our town has a lot of fun with this. DH joined me today to go watch the parade. DD was in it for the first time and we had so much fun chasing the parade. We saw her in 3 different spots. I laughed so much today, laughter always is good.

I worked out this morning. THat was so much fun. I just played some songs on a CD and did the old fashioned aerobics dancing and just danced around a bit. then DD came into the room and it took a while but I convinced her to dance with me too. I remember her dancing with me when she was very little. It was always so much fun to dance. So that was fun today too.

Had an apple

Went to the homecoming game tonight, which we won!!!

All in all a great day!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #198
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 118 & 119 GREAT weekend!

I am getting into a bad habbit of not writing every day. I know I get tired at night, so I need to plan on writing these earlier in the day.

Day 118. Pig roast at SIL's
We did so much today, went to the gun range for DD to sight in her gun. Going hunting this year for the first time. I just watched as I am not a hunter, and that was fun to see everyone taking aim at their targets. Reminds me of the work we need to do to get healthy. You don't just get a bullseye, but you have to prepare, practice and try different methods to get it right. Then went to a Pig roast at SIL's. It was fun to visit with everyone, we left before they ate as they eat later and we had to get back home. Visited a neighor on the way home and they have an amazing property. they dug out a lake in their backyard, with a beach, waterfall, swing, slide. Oh, it was so beautiful, I fell in love with it. Dreaming of one day having something like that. DH and I went for a long walk at night. REALLY great walk.

Earned my smilie!

Day 119. Lots of work today. Original plans didn't work out, but we made the best of it. We cleaned so much today, got A LOT done! feels good to have the house clean. worked on my projects. walked with DH again. exercised in the morning, made great food choices and earned another smilie!!!

Made goals for October:

loose 10 pounds. Will only weigh myself at the end of the month as the scale does trip me up.
Get all of my pictures up to date and put in albums
exercise 1/2 hour daily

Feels very good to have these goals, and I know they are very doable, but yet a bit of a push.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #199
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Good going Vija You did indeed earn your smilie - and here is another one for you

I hear you about being tired at night. This was a really "off" day for me, and I am heading to bed soon.

Just wanted to say hi. Am sneaking in at my own journal, but just for a few.

Back tomorrow.

Have a magical day.

Linda

Old 10-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #200
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 120. Did great today

Thanks Linda!

Lots of great choices today! got out of work early and DID NOT go to McDonalds! That is an accomplishment for me! Had a good lunch at home instead. AND I exercised on my stairmaster. Went to watch DD's volleyball game and she did great! Ate dinner and no snacking at night. Just worked on Bills and then I am going to work on some projects. I like how I got a lot done today.

It was so beautiful today. Love these days.

I also went for a quick walk with DH tonight.

Earned my smilie for sure!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #201
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 121. Another good day... but irritable!

WOW is all I can say. this morning I was very irritable. To the point that I was almost in tears becasue I could not understand why I was so irritable. It felt like this is not right, very frustrating to me. I mentioned it to DH and he wondered if it could be menopausal symptoms??? I'll have to look into that. I think I am going menopausal, but have no idea what to expect. Figured I would just deal with it as it came, but this made me realize that I should probably look into it a bit more.

BUT today was another good day! Had a great breakfast and lunch. Haven't had dinner yet as I worked super late. Went for a quick walk with DH tonight and after I log we will watch NCIS, I'll have dinner and then off to bed for me. have to be at work super early tomorrow.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #202
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 122. 1/3 of a year has passed!

This is amazing to me. I can't believe I started this journal and stuck with it! I of course have tried to write a journal several times before, but this is the first time I have stuck with it. I am so proud!

So, what have I accomplished in 1/3 of a year? I've done a lot of soul searching. I am down a few pounds, and have more exercise time completed. I've tried to focus on positive choices and I think that has helped me alot. I know there have been bumps along the way, but I am working on it.

I LOVE this quote: "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning how to dance in the rain." That is somewhat of how I see this journey. I LOVE thunderstorms, and have literally danced in the rain. This is a different kind of storm... I am learning how to dance my way through this journey, enjoying it, relishing in the successes, being proud of accomplishments, sharing it with friends. It might get a little muddy from time to time, and the thunder might boom, but I will enjoy this journey, and eventually as I make it to my goal, the rainbow will be out, and I will be the POT OF GOLD at the end of the rainbow!

So celebrating today:

Breakfast I skipped the breakfast sausage
Lunch had a yummy orange and ate a great chicken leftover meal DH made and packed up for me
Exercised on the stairmaster for 1/2 hour!
AND walked with DH today in a prairie preserve (very beautiful)
AND no snacking after dinner
AND read from a motivational weight loss book.

Today was GREAT!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #203
J-2
Mouseketeer

Great outlook! Way to stick with it ...nobody said this journey would be easy.
J-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #204
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-2 View Post
Great outlook! Way to stick with it ...nobody said this journey would be easy.
Thank you for that! I really do appreciate it. You are so right, this journey isn't easy, but it is soooo worth it!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #205
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 123. Lays creamy forest mushroom chips

OH YEAAAAHHHHH! My parents just came home from Latvia and brought me a nice little present! I had heard they have these potato chips there, but I figured it was a local company that made these mushroom potato chips. I was SHOCKKED to see that they are a Lays brand. OMG!!!! They are soooo good! You have to love mushrooms to love these chips. We used alot of cream of mushroom soup growing up and one of my favorite meals has that as a main ingredient. It's a little taste of Heaven and lots of memories in this chip. It is a small bag and I only had a few. I want to savor these as long as I can. I tried to look them up on line, but I couldn't see anywhere that they are delivered to the U.S.A. I'll have to keep searching as they are a really nice treat.

It was so good to see my Mom and Dad. Glad they made it back home safe and sound. Brought some other souvenirs for us, but to have them both home safe and sound truly is the best present.

As far as good choices go...

*skipped the candy at work although I was STARVING for some reason

*For lunch ate what I brought, although someone at work bought seasoned fries from the cafeteria and they looked so yummy, but I resisted temptation and had my chicken instead.

*had an orange for lunch

*Only had a few of those absolutely amazing chips!

*I worked an hour extra today, and between everything that we had going on tonight, I did not get a workout in, DH and I did walk around the block, but that is it, however I know what I need and I need sleep! So instead of getting in more exercise and instead of plopping down on the couch to watch endless amounts of TV, I am logging, then going to bed!

Pretty proud of my choices today!

Old 10-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #206
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 124. Eat like your life depends on it...

Today I was listening in as one of our CRNA's was talking with a patient. She wanted him to make healthier choices and something really stuck with me. She said "eat like your life depends on it, because it does". That was pretty powerful stuff. It really is so simple in the end, that all of our choices that we make... eating, exercising, dental care, seeing the doctor, sun exposure... everything affects our bodies, how we take care of them will directly affect how we live and depending on circumstances how long we live. Really made me think today...

healthy choices
ate apple at lunch although I really didn't want to
Ate what I brought for lunch and didn't go to the cafeteria
didn't have any candy at work
1 serving of everything at dinner.

LIKE those.
however no smilie today as I did eat chips and dip and didn't get in exercise. That's ok though, I am happy with keeping it together, and not going overboard!
Old 10-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #207
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 125. Pheasant Hunt

For our anniversary this year I bought DH a membership to a hunting club. And today we went out as a family to go pheasant hunting. This was DD's first animal hunt, and DS's first pheasant hunt. I go for the photography. I am not a hunter yet. WOW, it was so beautiful outside today. LOVED getting outside. The leaves are so pretty right now, it is just an amazing time of year. We walked, and walked and walked. 3 hours of walking. I would say I got my exercise in and then some!

So far I earned my smilie for today!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #208
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

(vija) love seeing your smilies!!

i am trying to talk myself into starting a journal on here , so for now i'm reading yours! 125 days is such an awesome accomplishment my friend!

ps -- i would love Lays mushroom chips...hehehee

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #209
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
(vija) love seeing your smilies!!

i am trying to talk myself into starting a journal on here , so for now i'm reading yours! 125 days is such an awesome accomplishment my friend!

ps -- i would love Lays mushroom chips...hehehee
THANK YOU MY FRIEND! I am glad that you are reading this! I love writing this journal and getting comments really helps me along this journey. Thanks for your continued support! When you are ready for your own journal let me know so I can be a fan of yours and a cheerleader too! It really is fun once you find your focus and your goal. I sure hope you are feeling better, you have been in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #210
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 126. Deer Hunt, great weekend

DD went for the youth deer hunt last night and this morning. Unfortunately she did not see any deer, but she had fun anyway. We stayed at a friends cabin. I did snack here and there, I didn't go crazy, but I probably could have curtailed some of the snacking. It was interesting as I snacked because I was fearful of feeling too hungry. Now how silly is that? I did't need all of the snacks. I didn't get any extra exercise in today as I was catching up from the weekend. So I don't think I really earned a smilie. I know that I have been doing better, so I almost should get a smilie, but I think that I have to really put forth the effort to "work at it" to get the smilie, not just making some good choices here or there.

And I just have to say that I am so happy that we had a great weekend. It brought DH and I even closer as he has always dreamed of us going hunting as a family. I just love my DH so much, and I am so lucky to be in love with my best friend! I am glad that we could go and fullfill one of his dreams. I know the kids had fun and I KNOW that DH had fun. I had lots of fun watching them, and enjoying nature and just being outside soaking up the calmness of the great outdoors. It is so relaxing, and rejuvinating.

Good choices:
*reading a new book "Finally thin" really inspirational so far, and it made me tear up as I saw myself in a lot of her struggles
*skipped getting a cinnabon or any other "sweet" after we ate out for lunch, even though I REALLY wanted one

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: