Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #181
BabyTigger99
The most beautiful words in the world?
Complete Remission!!!!

I love that song!!!! But it just drips of gouda!!!

Vija, have you tried keeping track of what you are eating, literally writing it down so you can look at it? That may help you really get a good look (literally!) at what is going into your mouth.

Also, take time, really start paying attention to portion sizes. When I started my journey, I took the time to weigh and measure everything, so I was eating one portion of something, instead of two or three portions!! Yes, it was time consuming at first, but now, I am able to eyeball things and be pretty confident of how much I am eating.
BabyTigger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #182
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
ughhh, how come this is so hard? I look back now and think what in the heck did I eat on day 35, day 63, day 72, days 80-90. I don't know. If I had eaten within a decent calorie range I would show more progress. Would I today, on day 108, care how hungry I might have been on day 63? weeks, and months can fly by in an instant, so why does it seem that a day can drag on, and that it is hard to control the hunger beast daily, minute by minute? I just don't get it. I need to get this figured out soon, or else my 365 days will fly by and I will still be sitting at the computer wondering where the time went.

I the end, I guess I am admitting to myself that I do need to draw that line in the sand, have the courage to cross it, and just make those changes that I am resisting.

Banning foods isn't working, but neither is trying to eat them in moderation either because moderation is allowing me the option to keep eating the junk.

Ughhh, NEED TO FIND A SOLUTION!
First of all, relax, this is a journey not a long distance jump and there are still plenty of days left and plently left after that if needed.

I think, like me, you think that "line" is something to be afraid of, like you will never be able to do it or you may never get anything decent to eat ever again.

I have been there and at times still go there. It is okay not to ban foods and eat in moderation, but I do agree with what baby tigger said (sorry not sure your real name lol) - you need to know what you are eating.

You need to write it down, the good, the bad and the ugly. I was upset with only losing .2 pounds until I looked back at what I put in my mouth.

You can do it, just keep thinking about the title of this blog and stick with it.

Persistence and slow and steady wins the race, just keep one foot in front of the other - that is the key to finishing an endurance race and this most certainly is.

Whether you ever look like Cindy Crawford or not is immaterial, you are beautiful just the way you are and need to get as healthy as you can to stick around and continue to contribute like you do.

Thumbs up girl you are getting there.
Better than the ostrich approach of burying your head in the sand.

Go to Sparks people (excellent site) and start logging. Set a calorie allowance (like a spending allowance) and stick with it. Make it generous enough to enable you to enjoy all things in moderation, but stick with it, and I agree - weigh and measure.

I need to do more of that and have actually started. I was amazed to see that 1/2 cup of ice cream is more than enough lol.

I believe in you! Go for it!

Linda

Register to remove

Old 09-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #183
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Day 109. Much needed support from friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTigger99 View Post
Vija, have you tried keeping track of what you are eating, literally writing it down so you can look at it? That may help you really get a good look (literally!) at what is going into your mouth.

Also, take time, really start paying attention to portion sizes. When I started my journey, I took the time to weigh and measure everything, so I was eating one portion of something, instead of two or three portions!! Yes, it was time consuming at first, but now, I am able to eyeball things and be pretty confident of how much I am eating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmduck View Post
First of all, relax, this is a journey not a long distance jump and there are still plenty of days left and plently left after that if needed.

I think, like me, you think that "line" is something to be afraid of, like you will never be able to do it or you may never get anything decent to eat ever again.

I have been there and at times still go there. It is okay not to ban foods and eat in moderation, but I do agree with what baby tigger said (sorry not sure your real name lol) - you need to know what you are eating.

You need to write it down, the good, the bad and the ugly. I was upset with only losing .2 pounds until I looked back at what I put in my mouth.

You can do it, just keep thinking about the title of this blog and stick with it.

Persistence and slow and steady wins the race, just keep one foot in front of the other - that is the key to finishing an endurance race and this most certainly is.

Whether you ever look like Cindy Crawford or not is immaterial, you are beautiful just the way you are and need to get as healthy as you can to stick around and continue to contribute like you do.

Thumbs up girl you are getting there.
Better than the ostrich approach of burying your head in the sand.

Go to Sparks people (excellent site) and start logging. Set a calorie allowance (like a spending allowance) and stick with it. Make it generous enough to enable you to enjoy all things in moderation, but stick with it, and I agree - weigh and measure.

I need to do more of that and have actually started. I was amazed to see that 1/2 cup of ice cream is more than enough lol.

I believe in you! Go for it!

Linda

Thank you both! I really needed to hear that support today. I really did. I have tried to keep track of what I eat, but I haven't been consistent. I like how you both gave me some ideas. Not only to log what I eat, but to measure it as well. And I have been really tough in the past with very calorie restrictive goals. But Linda, you may be on to something to make it generous, but at least less that what I am eating now. I was thinking about eating in the future during the day. What is the best way to go about it. And I think I remember reading somewhere to put in mind the weight you want to be and eat to that level. So I don't necessarily have to eat carrots and cauliflower all day, but to eat as if I was already at that "goal" weight. Behave as I would at that weight, including exercise. It does make sense. I am sure I wouldn't be sitting on the couch, watching TV with a bag of chips and a tub of sour cream. I probably would be exercising while watching TV or at the very least doing something else. When I was a teen and thinner, I would RARELY sit down and just watch TV and do nothing. I would have been doing something else. Out with DH (boyfriend at the time), studying for school, out with friends, out running (used to love running), and just having fun. Can you imagine as a kid being told you HAD to sit in front of the TV and not get up for hours on end? It would have been a punishment. In a way it still is, but I am punishing my body by doing these ridiculous behaviors.

I feel close to a "breaking point", a "point of no return" if you will. My body is giving me lots of signs that this weight will not do, and my body will not tolerate it. I need to start living the life I was meant to live, not in this punishment mode that has become my comfortable place.

Thanks for being there for me ladies. I can't tell you how much that means to me!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #184
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 110, a little late

Last night I watched TV super late and fell asleep. Didn't actually go to bed till after 12. So this is a bit late...

I saw something on Dr. Oz that was incredibly troubling. Did anyone see the lady that is over 700 pounds and is TRYING to become the fattest woman alive? It was really gross. I feel for her in a way because Dr. Oz was giving her numbers, after numbers regarding her own health, her own blood work and she just would not admit there is a problem. Not sure what her ultimate reason is, but the way she was smiling seemed to me that deep down she knew he was right, but for whatever reason refuses to see her reality. Made me really think of my reality, I wonder what people see when they see me?
Old 09-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #185
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 111. emotional healthy choices

Today was a great day. I had off of work and relaxed a lot today. And then at night I went out with a bunch of friends from work. I haven't done that a lot because the other places I have worked I had no interest what so ever to go out with them. But this group of ladies is amazing, and I really enjoy working with them and spending time with them. I am so fortunate to have that. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it. Makes me want to go out more and enjoy just "doing something". So much better to be active.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #186
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
Last night I watched TV super late and fell asleep. Didn't actually go to bed till after 12. So this is a bit late...

I saw something on Dr. Oz that was incredibly troubling. Did anyone see the lady that is over 700 pounds and is TRYING to become the fattest woman alive? It was really gross. I feel for her in a way because Dr. Oz was giving her numbers, after numbers regarding her own health, her own blood work and she just would not admit there is a problem. Not sure what her ultimate reason is, but the way she was smiling seemed to me that deep down she knew he was right, but for whatever reason refuses to see her reality. Made me really think of my reality, I wonder what people see when they see me?
That's scarey! No I did not see it. It is disturbing. I doubt that lady will stay alive long enough to achieve her dubious goal if she keeps it up.

Sorry I have been off a couple of days. I have worked so hard getting organized for my assistant's vacation that I was just too tired at night to do anything requiring thought.

I have been reading, not posting.

My friend, you have an excellent attitude.

I want to share this:

.................................................. .............................................

First of all, give yourself a break. The beauty of a LIFE change is that you have your entire life to get it perfect. No one expects you to be perfect, so you have to stop expecting that of yourself. You're going to make mistakes and those mistakes can be extremely valuable. Face that right up front and give yourself permission to make mistakes. Too often we think of mistakes as bad, but mistakes are invaluable! The value of a mistake is the lesson you take from it. If you can look at every mistake as a learning opportunity, take the lesson from it, and work not to repeat the mistake you're doing great.
.................................................. .............................................

This an excerpt from the newsletter of a friend of mine, a lady who lost over a hundred pounds and is not a marathon maniac! She is one of my greatest mentors.

This is but a small portion of her wisdom, but she is right.

You do need a plan. You need a caloric "bank account" that is realistic for where you are, your weight, activity level, age, etc.

I use the caloric equivalent of my WW points total, using the optional points, but not the exercise bonuses. If Scar is in his place and I keep up my training schedule, it works great.

Note the latter too points, which have been a bit lacking for me this week,

But I am looking forward to the weekend, and begin week 67 of my backwards countdown on Monday.

Just wish I could find out about my surgery date soon (elective hernia repair) - it makes it tough to plan. Right now, I am thinking I would rather wait until just before Christmas or the new year.

Take care my friend, you are:

a) wonderful
b) beautiful
c) caring
d) inciteful
e) a great mom
f) a loyal friend
g) a diligent person
h) a disciplined person (think about the martial arts...)
i) a great teacher

And that is just a start.

That is how "real people" see you.

Have a magical day and I will be back on later.

Linda

Old 09-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #187
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Wow, Linda, I LOVE what you wrote. That exerpt from your friend is really inspiring and it is something that I needed to hear. I think I may print that out and post it somewhere very visible. Thank you also for that wonderful list. It means alot to me. I quick read your post, on your thread, but I don't have much time tonight so it has to be quick and I didn't get a chance to reply back to you. I will post more tomorrow. But I wanted to post how much I really appreciated your entire post!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #188
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 112. Old friends

Today was great. We went up north to check on my parents lake cottage and then went to an apple orchard that is really cool (sells muffins, pies, arts and crafts stuff, has petting zoo, corn maze, etc) anyway this lady runs up to me and asks if I recognize her... It takes me a few seconds and then realize it is someone I was very close to in college. There were 5 of us that went through Nursing school together and we were all so close. years go by and I am still close with one of the girls but the rest sort of lost touch. I was so happy to see her. then later in the day I went to a new inspirational store in town and the owner is actually a friend that I was really close to when our kids were in preschool together. it was great to see both of them.

I also feel like I have been focusing on negatives lately and want to get back to focusing on positives...

Healthy choices:
1. skipped ice cream tonight
2. had chips and stopped when I felt satisfied, and didn't keep stuffing my face
3. Had a headache and took care of myself and took a nap. Felt so much better after the nap.
4. Did laundry
5. Logged today
6. walked with DH tonight
7. Plan on reading tonight
Old 09-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #189
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 113. unmotivated

feeling very unmotivated in just about everything right now. I did get bills done today, and we did go out and do some shopping that needed to get done today, but not much else. I didn't even want to post today, but I am commited to this so I came. here's hoping that tomorrow is a better day.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #190
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
feeling very unmotivated in just about everything right now. I did get bills done today, and we did go out and do some shopping that needed to get done today, but not much else. I didn't even want to post today, but I am commited to this so I came. here's hoping that tomorrow is a better day.
Of course it will be! There is always tomorrow

Have a good one, and good job sticking to the committment.

Off to do my own.

Have a magical day - and see private message reply with address.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Linda

Old 09-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #191
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 114. Better day

Today I definitely made better choices. Everyone brought food in to work and I had just a little bit. Didn't over do and felt great about my food choices. After work I did snack, but got right into cleaning. Today I set a goal to try and do 1/2 hour of cleaning, 1/2 hour of project time and 1/2 hour of exercise every day. I did get in the cleaning and I did walk for 1/2 hour after I played some volleyball with DD. Felt great. I am crashing tonight. Very tired, so I did not get in my craft project time. But I like how I set a small time goal. I am not say I have to do "this" or "complete that", rather I am just setting a time goal and reaching toward that. I like that alot!

I snacked some after dinner and now I feel yucky about that, physically yucky. That will be one of my next goals to conquer.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #192
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
Today I definitely made better choices. Everyone brought food in to work and I had just a little bit. Didn't over do and felt great about my food choices. After work I did snack, but got right into cleaning. Today I set a goal to try and do 1/2 hour of cleaning, 1/2 hour of project time and 1/2 hour of exercise every day. I did get in the cleaning and I did walk for 1/2 hour after I played some volleyball with DD. Felt great. I am crashing tonight. Very tired, so I did not get in my craft project time. But I like how I set a small time goal. I am not say I have to do "this" or "complete that", rather I am just setting a time goal and reaching toward that. I like that alot!

I snacked some after dinner and now I feel yucky about that, physically yucky. That will be one of my next goals to conquer.
And conquer you will! Just day by day, bit by bit.

Congrats on the good choices. Progess is the goal, not perfection.

Looking forward to hearing how you did.

Have a magical day.

Linda

Old 09-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #193
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 115. Finally inspired

So last night when I went to bed I felt so yucky. I was just thinking that I felt so bad, I was so tired of feeling yucky, it just wasn't what I wanted in life. So tired of feeling sick and tired, and exhausted. I want more.

Wouldn't you know that in them middle of the night I woke up with a POUNDING headache The really bad POUNDING headache that you can feel your pulse through. it was super bad. I took some excedrin and felt better but the headache was still slightly there. No matter, I still woke up earlier than I had to and exercised. I did 1/2 hour of Biggest loser Power walk DVD. I felt so proud of myself! Today was a weird work day. I had a meeting early in the morning, then had to come home and then back to work again for a late morning start. so it goofed up my time at home. In between meeting and work had to take mom's dog for a walk ( we are watching their dog) so that took time away from my other 1/2 hour blocks, but on the upside I did get a chance to get more exercise in. I did get cleaning time in. It was probably about 40 minutes. Then off to work. Home late, eat dinner, watch NCIS as I was eating dinner, make lunch for work tomorrow, log here and then off to bed as I have to be back to work SUPER EARLY!

I am going to try and work in the 1/2 hour blocks, but I know that life can get in the way and I am not going to freak out if I don't get it in. I will plan on taking one day at a time. Look at each day individually and try my best.

Tomorrow I should have enough time to exercise when I get home, however DD has an away volleyball game and we will probably go watch it, so that takes time from the blocks again. But priorities come into play. If I miss cleaning tomorrow, then so be it, DD is important. So my goal is to exercise 1/2 hour, watch DD, project time 1/2 hour and clean 1/2 hour, in that order.

Good choices for today:
1. Woke up early and exercised!
2. No snacking at work on chocolate, even though someone was snooping and found a stash of kit kat bars... NO SNACKING!
3. No snacking at night after dinner
4. got my 1/2 hour of cleaning time in
5. Ate a BIG apple with lunch
6. Drank lots of water

FINALLY earned this smilie!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #194
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
So my goal is to exercise 1/2 hour, watch DD, project time 1/2 hour and clean 1/2 hour, in that order.

Good choices for today:
1. Woke up early and exercised!
2. No snacking at work on chocolate, even though someone was snooping and found a stash of kit kat bars... NO SNACKING!
3. No snacking at night after dinner
4. got my 1/2 hour of cleaning time in
5. Ate a BIG apple with lunch
6. Drank lots of water

FINALLY earned this smilie!!!!
Two big thumbs up

Sounds like great accomplishments and that what you are doing is realistic.

Keep it small, keep it realistic and take your kudos when due to you.

You can do this! Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Just small steps are better than standing still Vija. As Anna Kournakova said, you don't get anywhere sitting on the couch wishing it. She didn't, the Kenyans don't, Kara Goucher doesn't. And we cannot either.

You will be amazed at how far you can go if you keep it steady as she goes and just move forward. Somedays you may sprint, some days shuffle, doesn't matter. Just do it

Have a magical day.

Linda

Old 09-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #195
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 115 & 116 Good and the Bad

As always, thank you Linda for being such a great supporter and lifting me up! I appreciate it very much!

Yesterday was a good day. I got in my exercise and some time around the house, but I was so exhausted and spent alot of time at my DD's volleyball game that I didn't get the full project and clean time. I made some great food choices, and all was well! So definitely earned a smilie

today, not so much. didn't get in any of the 1/2 hour goals. After work, went to DD's volleyball game, went out to dinner with the family, went grocery shopping and then came home and hit the couch. The good news is that I am off of work tomorrow so I should be able to get in my 3 half hour goals right away in the morning. And hopefully I can catch up on the Biggest Loser show.

Still super tired and off to bed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: