Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #166
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
Oooh, you posted as I was typing and missed this...

I agree with the physiotherapist about the banning of foods. I've tried that so many times. I was contemplating on banning chips and McDonalds but I found myself craving them and wanting the "last time before I can't party". as soon as I decided that I wouldn't ban it, the cravings lessoned. So I can still have them, I just have to plan it in and be smart about it. You are being smart in limiting them for 30 days, and then easing back into having them. That is a very doable goal.

You know what? I do think that you and I are on to something this time, we are really working through our issues and finding things that will work for the long run. We are both commited to making this work, and we will be celebrating our success together!
I agree my friend - logging off to go train now and will be blogging on my own journal later - but I read this after I posted my response to the Qotd on the BL fall thread. Go read it if you have the time - eerie or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTigger99 View Post
What I have found is that I didn't ban bad food, but I really wanted to concentrate on eating good stuff. It almost became like a game to me, to try and go all day with eating good. And I find that now, after being on my WW for 4 months, I don't want the bad foods at all! Yeah, we do eat out once a week, or so, and I don't stress about what I eat then, and it still all works!
That is starting to work for me too, bit by bit. But banning foods does not work for me at all, I feel like the seven year old being threatened a "starvation diet" if I didn't stop eating my treats.

So just one day at at time.

Have a magical day folks.

Linda

Old 09-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #167
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Vija -- you sound so upbeat and ready to rock!
Oh, I am so glad to "see" you on here!!!! How are you feeling??? I sent you an email and I hadn't heard back so I was getting worried. Hope you are OK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTigger99 View Post
What I have found is that I didn't ban bad food, but I really wanted to concentrate on eating good stuff. It almost became like a game to me, to try and go all day with eating good. And I find that now, after being on my WW for 4 months, I don't want the bad foods at all! Yeah, we do eat out once a week, or so, and I don't stress about what I eat then, and it still all works!
Way to go! 4 months on WW and not wanted the "bad" foods is great! I sure hope to get there soon, you give me hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmduck View Post
I agree my friend - logging off to go train now and will be blogging on my own journal later - but I read this after I posted my response to the Qotd on the BL fall thread. Go read it if you have the time - eerie or what?

That is starting to work for me too, bit by bit. But banning foods does not work for me at all, I feel like the seven year old being threatened a "starvation diet" if I didn't stop eating my treats.

So just one day at at time.

Have a magical day folks.

Linda

That is weird that we posted similar thoughts! One day at a time... That makes me think of that TV show back in the 70's! the theme song is fun to reminisce. And then I found anothe one as I was searching for the lyrics. I like both lyrics. Here's to making each day count!

This is it. This is it.

This is life, the one you get

So go and have a ball.

This is it. This is it
Straight ahead and rest assured
You can't be sure at all.
So while you're here enjoy the view
Keep on doing what you do
So hold on tight we'll muddle through
One day at a time, One day at a time.
So up on your feet. Up on your feet
Somewhere there's music playing.
Don't you worry none
We'll just take it like it comes.
One day at a time, one day at a time.

ONE DAY AT A TIME, SWEET JESUS
(Marijohn Wilkins / Kris Kristofferson)

I'm only human, I'm just a woman.
Help me believe in what I could be
And all that I am.
Show me the stairway, I have to climb.
Lord for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time.

Chorus:
One day at a time sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you.
Just give me the strength
To do everyday what I have to do.
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord help me today, show me the way
One day at a time.

Do you remember, when you walked among men?
Well Jesus you know if you're looking below
It's worse now, than then.
Cheating and stealing, violence and crime
So for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time.

(Chorus)
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #168
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 103. I held on!

Today after work I watched DD's first volleyball scrimage, it was fun to watch. Reminds me of those days when you were young and you could just move your body freely, no aches and pains, no struggle... you just ran around and it felt free and great. I long for that kind of feeling again.

Today I did pretty good, especially tonight I am pretty proud. Ran out of time to do an aerobic activity, did a short walk, but that is about it. And we did go shopping, I felt like snacking tonight so badly. And then I thought about it... If I did snack then I didn't feel like I would earn my smilie. If I held on and didn't snack then I felt like I did good and would earn my smilie. It really wasn't even a struggle after that, I am proud to say that I get to award myself that smilie!!!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #169
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
Today after work I watched DD's first volleyball scrimage, it was fun to watch. Reminds me of those days when you were young and you could just move your body freely, no aches and pains, no struggle... you just ran around and it felt free and great. I long for that kind of feeling again.

Today I did pretty good, especially tonight I am pretty proud. Ran out of time to do an aerobic activity, did a short walk, but that is about it. And we did go shopping, I felt like snacking tonight so badly. And then I thought about it... If I did snack then I didn't feel like I would earn my smilie. If I held on and didn't snack then I felt like I did good and would earn my smilie. It really wasn't even a struggle after that, I am proud to say that I get to award myself that smilie!!!

Keep smiling girl - you earned that smilie - and some cheers -

Baby steps Vija, just baby steps and if you eat a slice it doesn't mean you have blown it and have to eat the whole pie (figuratively speaking) - its what I am saying to myself tonight.

You can steady the course and do this, I know you can. Look how far you have come already. That is what you do in a race, you look at how far you have come and put one foot in front of the other.

Looking forward to reading the next chapter.

Linda

Old 09-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #170
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Keep smiling girl - you earned that smilie - and some cheers -

Baby steps Vija, just baby steps and if you eat a slice it doesn't mean you have blown it and have to eat the whole pie (figuratively speaking) - its what I am saying to myself tonight.

You can steady the course and do this, I know you can. Look how far you have come already. That is what you do in a race, you look at how far you have come and put one foot in front of the other.

Looking forward to reading the next chapter.

Linda

you are so right about the baby steps...Must continue to keep looking forward....
Old 09-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #171
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day104. Have to learn that food really isn't my friend

sort of got depressed today. hard to explain why, but I'll try. growing up I had a strong sense of my heritage. I am latvian, born here but grew up in a 3 generational home and my grandparents and parents instilled a strong sense of being latvian. Went to school on Saturdays (think Big Fat Greek Wedding Greek School - remember how "greek" their family was, well that is the way it was in our family but with latvian heritage), danced in the folk dance group, sang in the choir, girls scouts, and even went to summer camp for 6 years through my teens, LOVED that time. Today I read the church bulletin and I just got sad because the community has dwindled a lot, I don't really participate in anything, tried to teach the kids the language but it really is hard if both parents don't speak it at home. Life gets in the way and I have very little to do with my heritage now. It just made me sad. (Also, my parents are vacationing in Latvia right now and I am sad that I don't have the money to take the kids there to show them where their ancestors came from, AND I am worried about my parents' safety during air travel). That got me to thinking about my childhood which was a GOLDEN childhood, and that got me to thinking I wish I was happy again. I am usually VERY UPBEAT, VERY HAPPY, but it is amazing how much weight you carry correlates with how much it "weighs you down". so many things I can't do because of my weight and that makes me sad. So much I have lost out on in this world because of it. It all kind of snowballed and just weighed heavy on my today. I know, I should just dust myself off and make the change and just loose the weight. I GET IT, it just isn't always that easy. So needless to say I tried to feed that sadness today, and the sadder I got. I have to learn that food isn't a friend that I should lean on. It is just nourishment for my body, not something that will make me feel better. I'll get out of this slump, the smile will come back to my face, I just don't have it today.

Sure didn't earn ANY smilie today except the sad ones....

I could use a hug...
Old 09-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #172
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
sort of got depressed today. hard to explain why, but I'll try. growing up I had a strong sense of my heritage. I am latvian, born here but grew up in a 3 generational home and my grandparents and parents instilled a strong sense of being latvian. Went to school on Saturdays (think Big Fat Greek Wedding Greek School - remember how "greek" their family was, well that is the way it was in our family but with latvian heritage), danced in the folk dance group, sang in the choir, girls scouts, and even went to summer camp for 6 years through my teens, LOVED that time. Today I read the church bulletin and I just got sad because the community has dwindled a lot, I don't really participate in anything, tried to teach the kids the language but it really is hard if both parents don't speak it at home. Life gets in the way and I have very little to do with my heritage now. It just made me sad. (Also, my parents are vacationing in Latvia right now and I am sad that I don't have the money to take the kids there to show them where their ancestors came from, AND I am worried about my parents' safety during air travel). That got me to thinking about my childhood which was a GOLDEN childhood, and that got me to thinking I wish I was happy again. I am usually VERY UPBEAT, VERY HAPPY, but it is amazing how much weight you carry correlates with how much it "weighs you down". so many things I can't do because of my weight and that makes me sad. So much I have lost out on in this world because of it. It all kind of snowballed and just weighed heavy on my today. I know, I should just dust myself off and make the change and just loose the weight. I GET IT, it just isn't always that easy. So needless to say I tried to feed that sadness today, and the sadder I got. I have to learn that food isn't a friend that I should lean on. It is just nourishment for my body, not something that will make me feel better. I'll get out of this slump, the smile will come back to my face, I just don't have it today.

Sure didn't earn ANY smilie today except the sad ones....

I could use a hug...
Lets start off with this -

You are doing great. You are strong, determined, hard working and a great role model for your kids (who are so cute you continue to get chosen by Disney to open parks ) Your heritage is in your heart, and you pass it on with wonderful experiences and sharing.

You know it's like Oprah says, there is no easy answer. She said that if there was an easy way out, she would have paid someone to go to the land, get the pill/shake, etc. but there isn't. She said she would have taken every dime she had (and she has a lot of dimes) to find the simple solution but there just is not one to be found.

It is a journey, take each day as an opportunity and forget yesterday.

Tell me what you did today that is positive.

And trust me, you deserve a smilie by your very presence.

I am struggling today too and don't know why - see my blog for more details.

In the meantime, hang in there and write!

Linda

Old 09-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #173
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Lets start off with this -

You are doing great. You are strong, determined, hard working and a great role model for your kids (who are so cute you continue to get chosen by Disney to open parks ) Your heritage is in your heart, and you pass it on with wonderful experiences and sharing.

You know it's like Oprah says, there is no easy answer. She said that if there was an easy way out, she would have paid someone to go to the land, get the pill/shake, etc. but there isn't. She said she would have taken every dime she had (and she has a lot of dimes) to find the simple solution but there just is not one to be found.

It is a journey, take each day as an opportunity and forget yesterday.

Tell me what you did today that is positive.

And trust me, you deserve a smilie by your very presence.

I am struggling today too and don't know why - see my blog for more details.

In the meantime, hang in there and write!

Linda

Thank you so much for your words of friendship and support. And especially the part of Disney parks choosing us to open the parks... sure put a smile on my face!!!!!

I did talk with DH about the heritage part. You are right about passing it on. We do some traditions and my kids want to go to latvia some day, so that is good. I will start to go to church again (latvian church) and from there ease in to a part of a group.

As far as good things for today... I had many, it was a good day and brought me out of my slump... day 105 is a better day.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #174
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 105. Better days, feeling better

So yesterday is gone and I enjoyed the gift of the present today. We went to help one of DH's friend put up a deer stand today. It was so beautiful, and spending time outdoors was just what the doctor ordered. It really lightened my mood considerably. Lunch was a GREAT pizza place, it is a pizza buffet and will make the pizza you want, including sweet pizzas. OMG it was so good. WAY over calories, but it was a fun time. We dropped off the kids and then DH and I went to look at cars. I really want a SUV, and I had a lot of fun dreaming about a new car. We kept going, doing some shopping and DH and I had a great time talking, connecting, talking about everything, and just being together was great. Ever have those days??? We then decided spur of the moment for the 2 of us to go out for dinner. We went to Chili's and I know it wasn't the best food choice, but it was right for us to go out on a date. We decided to plan in a date night every month. I am so excited about that, I've missed doing special things with just me and hubby and this is going to be great. We talked and talked and talked. Dreamed, planned, and just had a great time. We talked about the heritage and he helped me see what I can do. We also talked about me going back to Tae Kwon Do. It is such a family to me, and I like that feeling of belonging to a group. I am excited to go back because I see it as more than just exercise, or something I have to do, but I also see it as a family of friends.

Oh my, it just feels right today. I really didn't have great food choices, didn't exercise, but I feel GOOD!

I didn't earn the good vibe smilie, but I sure did earn other ones...

Old 09-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #175
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
So yesterday is gone and I enjoyed the gift of the present today.

didn't earn the good vibe smilie, but I sure did earn other ones...

Limited time tonight so two things:

a) Yes it is and yes you do

b) Your very life is a good vibe lady and don't you forget it!

Have a magical day

Linda

Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #176
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 106. another fun day

I did better with food today, but not with exercise or logging in. We spent lots of time away today doing shopping and stuff. It was a fun day. I decided that I want to sew some Disney scrubs for work. I am looking forward to personalizing my scrub attire. I enjoy wearing my Disney scrubs, but don't have many of them. This will be fun to add in new ones. I have lots of projects to do, and not much time. Tomorrow too will be a busy one, but I guess that is good as it keeps me out of the cupboards.

Off to bed for an early night. Tired today.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #177
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 107. fun Scrapbooking kind of night

Today I did OK. I was determined to use my time wisely, but when I got home from work, all I wanted to do was relax. I need to get out of that rut.

At night however I went over to visit the mom of one of my DD's friends. Now I count the mom as my friend too! She showed me a lot of her scrapbook supplies. It was so cool! I didn't know how to use the cricut or the sizix or stamping things with water color pencils. I have really expanded my horizons with all of those wonderful things. I can't wait to add those things to my repertoir. And the great thing about tonight is that my hands were busy and I was out of the house. I know I would have eaten a bunch, but this made it so much better. I'm motivated to get my pictures and scrapbook plans going. And the best part is that it will keep my hands busy and keep me out of the kitchen!

Healthy choices
Ate apple for lunch
passed on some of the chocolate at work
no snacking at night
Old 09-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #178
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
Today I did OK. I was determined to use my time wisely, but when I got home from work, all I wanted to do was relax. I need to get out of that rut.

At night however I went over to visit the mom of one of my DD's friends. Now I count the mom as my friend too! She showed me a lot of her scrapbook supplies. It was so cool! I didn't know how to use the cricut or the sizix or stamping things with water color pencils. I have really expanded my horizons with all of those wonderful things. I can't wait to add those things to my repertoir. And the great thing about tonight is that my hands were busy and I was out of the house. I know I would have eaten a bunch, but this made it so much better. I'm motivated to get my pictures and scrapbook plans going. And the best part is that it will keep my hands busy and keep me out of the kitchen!

Healthy choices
Ate apple for lunch
passed on some of the chocolate at work
no snacking at night
Scrapbooking sounds cool - wish I was that creative - Sadly, I am not. But its a great place to put newspaper articles, clippings, pictures, etc.

Congrats on the great choices today, and I look forward to seeing how today went.

Another one of the BL trainers says to a contestant that he has to believe in himself and find the guy that is inside him.

So do we, we need to believe that we can do this because we can.

Have a magical day.

Linda

Old 09-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #179
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Another one of the BL trainers says to a contestant that he has to believe in himself and find the guy that is inside him.

So do we, we need to believe that we can do this because we can.

Have a magical day.

Linda

Wow, those 2 bolded sections really spoke to me, gave me hope. I need to find the hope in me and find the girl, the successful girl I know is hiding in here somewhere
Old 09-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #180
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 108. Really struggling

ughhh, how come this is so hard? I look back now and think what in the heck did I eat on day 35, day 63, day 72, days 80-90. I don't know. If I had eaten within a decent calorie range I would show more progress. Would I today, on day 108, care how hungry I might have been on day 63? weeks, and months can fly by in an instant, so why does it seem that a day can drag on, and that it is hard to control the hunger beast daily, minute by minute? I just don't get it. I need to get this figured out soon, or else my 365 days will fly by and I will still be sitting at the computer wondering where the time went.

I the end, I guess I am admitting to myself that I do need to draw that line in the sand, have the courage to cross it, and just make those changes that I am resisting.

Banning foods isn't working, but neither is trying to eat them in moderation either because moderation is allowing me the option to keep eating the junk.

Ughhh, NEED TO FIND A SOLUTION!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: