Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #151
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

day 95. I am so excited!!!!

Due to Brenda and Linda.... I am soooooo excited! THANK YOU LADIES!!!!! For what you may ask? Well, you totally inspired me. I AM GOING TO COMPLETE A DISNEY 1/2 MARATHON IN 2013!!!! I may run/walk it, but I am going to complete it!!! I have wanted to do that for so long. I was one of the original WISH members that was going to run in the innagural WISH 1/2 marathon run. I didn't do it, I have regretted that alot, and I have dreamed of doing a 1/2 marathon at Disney ever since. I have to look into which one would be better for me. It looks like the 1/2 marathon is the first full weekend after the 1st of the year with the 1/2 on the Saturday. The Princess looks like it is on the Sunday at the end of the month of February. I think I can only pull my kids out of school for 1 day, so that will be part of the consideration as well if a Saturday run or a Sunday run is better. I'm also going to research the 2 runs to see if the "feel" of the run of one might be better suited to me. THANK YOU TO BOTH OF YOU! Talked this over with DH, he is behind me on this, it is just up to me to get the work done. The other thing I need to complete is to earn my black belt. I told people I would go back to the studio in September. Well, September is here, I just need to pick a day and get back into training.

Healthy choices...
1. bought a smaller bag of chips tonight and had the bag, I wanted to buy a big bag, but DH had just grilled me about losing weight, him being scared for me and my future health. I enjoyed that bag and knew that was it, so I am happy for not eating a huge bag.
2. Joined the Fall biggest loser competition
3. Made the decision to complete the 1/2 marathon in WDW in 2013
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #152
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 96. good and bad

today I had some good and bad moments... Work today was GREAT! Really connected with my patients today, that always is great.

After work however, not so good. Due to other big stress in my life I ended up eating 1/2 a big bag of chips and lots of sour cream. Ughh, why do I do that?

Then Good again, I was TIRED after dinner... probably coming down from all of the junk I ate... BUT after resting a bit I went for a 2 1/4 mile walk. Felt very good to get that in.

Hopefully I will continue to keep making these good choices, and eventually work away from the bad ones.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #153
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 97. Busy in the morning, motivated, yet sad

I'm not sure if it is because 9/11 is right around the corner or not, but I find myself sad. I was very busy this morning, motivated to get things done before work. I did some laundry, did some cleaning, felt pretty good. Yet, I was sad a bit too. Started last night during my long walk. I just felt like I wasn't where I wanted to be, not sure how to stop the current behaviors to get to where I want to go. Not just weight loss related, but other areas of my life as well. I walked past the Tae Kwon Do studio. LOVE that place, but also very scared to go back. VERY scared. I associate it with my "incident", I also went back for a week in March. Got hurt, didn't go back. I am so afraid of getting hurt again, but yet I know I have to get through my fears, face them head on and get things done. Fear is unfortunatley one of the guiding factors in my life. Fear of doing it wrong, fear of making the wrong choice, fear of pain & loss, fear of missed opportunities etc. I want courage to be my guiding factor. My Tae Kwon Do instructor gave me a T shirt he made for me. It has the word "courage" written in Korean. I want to embrace that, I want to be courageous. I think that is what inspired me to get moving this morning, change things up, get it done. I want to earn that black belt, I want to run in the 1/2 marathon, I want to be courageous, I want to be happy, I want to be a source of inspiration, I want to conquer this food obsession, I want to feel "free", I want to complete all those projects I start - yet never finish, I want to be a good role model, I want to be thin, I want to be healthy, I want to feel secure.

So many wants, so many desires. With 9/11 right around the corner, I feel I need to reflect on my life as well. I am reminded that I received a second chance... I need to embrace it, honor God for giving me a second chance and work toward all of those wants.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #154
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
Due to Brenda and Linda.... I am soooooo excited! THANK YOU LADIES!!!!! For what you may ask? Well, you totally inspired me. I AM GOING TO COMPLETE A DISNEY 1/2 MARATHON IN 2013!!!! I may run/walk it, but I am going to complete it!!! I have wanted to do that for so long. I was one of the original WISH members that was going to run in the innagural WISH 1/2 marathon run. I didn't do it, I have regretted that alot, and I have dreamed of doing a 1/2 marathon at Disney ever since. I have to look into which one would be better for me. It looks like the 1/2 marathon is the first full weekend after the 1st of the year with the 1/2 on the Saturday. The Princess looks like it is on the Sunday at the end of the month of February. I think I can only pull my kids out of school for 1 day, so that will be part of the consideration as well if a Saturday run or a Sunday run is better. I'm also going to research the 2 runs to see if the "feel" of the run of one might be better suited to me. THANK YOU TO BOTH OF YOU! Talked this over with DH, he is behind me on this, it is just up to me to get the work done. The other thing I need to complete is to earn my black belt. I told people I would go back to the studio in September. Well, September is here, I just need to pick a day and get back into training.

Healthy choices...
1. bought a smaller bag of chips tonight and had the bag, I wanted to buy a big bag, but DH had just grilled me about losing weight, him being scared for me and my future health. I enjoyed that bag and knew that was it, so I am happy for not eating a huge bag.
2. Joined the Fall biggest loser competition
3. Made the decision to complete the 1/2 marathon in WDW in 2013
Awesome! To it all. I hope (for selfish reasons) that you opt for the January event so I can meet you, but the Princess sounds great too and is on my bucket list. But Donald first for me.

I hear you about 9/11. Norm and I got engaged at the Windows on the World Restaurant in the North Tower, so it has great sentiment to us.

We have a 25th coming up in 2 years, and we are planning a trip to New York that year, I need to go to Ground Zero, just really important to me to do so.

Keep up the hard work and healthy choices Vija and see you on the BL board too, I joined the challenge as well.

Take care and have a magical healthy day.

Linda

Old 09-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #155
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmduck View Post
Awesome! To it all. I hope (for selfish reasons) that you opt for the January event so I can meet you, but the Princess sounds great too and is on my bucket list. But Donald first for me.

I hear you about 9/11. Norm and I got engaged at the Windows on the World Restaurant in the North Tower, so it has great sentiment to us.

We have a 25th coming up in 2 years, and we are planning a trip to New York that year, I need to go to Ground Zero, just really important to me to do so.

Keep up the hard work and healthy choices Vija and see you on the BL board too, I joined the challenge as well.

Take care and have a magical healthy day.

Linda

I have a feeling that we will go for the regular 1/2 marathon, but time will tell. It really would be great to meet you there! My biggest problem will be that it is in January, and of course the weather here is unpredictable. Hopefully there isn't a snow storm. Also I may have an issue regarding how much time to pull out the kids from school. DH says we can only pull one day, that might be a challenge. We'll see. Anyway, I am going to do it!

Didn't know about you guys getting engaged in Windows on the World Restaurant in the North Tower. I imagine tomorrow will be a sad day for you. Hang in there, thoughts and hugs and support coming your way.

Hope you have MANY magical days as you continue in your journey. Have I told you today how proud I am of you? Well, I am!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #156
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 98. I love the weekends!

This morning I actually got up fairly early and went for a walk with DH, another 2 1/4 mile walk, and the pace was a little faster than my usual "trudge". I felt so motivated that I also cleaned some this morning. Cleaned out our fridge, and pantry. Also my tupperware cupboard, it was driving me crazy!

Went shopping and bought smaller bags of chips and can only have 1 a day.

Went to see Harry Potter again, and this is the first time that I left a significant amount of popcorn, that was amazing!

Some choices of course weren't that great, but I am proud of the good choices that I did do.

I think I will re-read my log tomorrow. I can't believe I am nearing 100 days!
Old 09-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #157
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 99. September 11th... 10 years later

Today is such a sad and somber day. I can't believe it has already been 10 years. Time really seems to fly by at times. I spent a lot of time watching the rememberences this morning and this evening I will go to our city memorial service. Then to help the boyscouts (DS is a lifescout) to take down the flags at the VFW (put up on special occasions). I will be leaving shortly to go for a walk and walk to the service.

As far as healthy choices go, the walk might be about it today.

Thank God for all of the Brave men and women that protect our freedoms. Bless all those that perished on 9/11 and all of those that died in the resulting wars, and bless all those that lost loved ones.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #158
jimmduck
Going for the duck

One healthy thing is better than none Vija.

A sad day indeed, looking forward to visiting New York (ground zero) again in two years, but it will be emotional.

Just heard a tape of a recording of a 911 call from a guy trapped in the south tower just before it went down, gut wrenching.

I guess we can do nothing but put one foot in front of another.

I am just glad they caught the beast and have made things more secure, but nothing can make up for this loss.

We are not Americans, but we love America.

Take care and have a great day my friend.

Linda

Old 09-12-2011, 08:32 PM   #159
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 100!!! WOW can it really be 100 days alread?

100 days. Hard to believe. I really wanted to do a very reflective post, but I have a headache, and I took some medicine and am heading to bed right now. I guess reflection will have to wait till tomorrow.

Best laid plans...
Old 09-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #160
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 101!!!! reflecting and revealing

Wow, can it really be 101 days? Time really does fly by fast. It is weird how 1 day, 1 hour can DRAG on, but yet looking back 101 days flew by in the blink of an eye. It was a lot of fun to reread the posts, relive some of the fun days from summer. makes me want to buckle down and get the trip report written as well.

So as I reread the days I actually tabulated how many days I was "on" versus struggling. I was only "on" about 34 days total, mostly all of those were also in the beginning. I know I can't be perfect, but I CAN and WILL do better than that. I am challenging myself to be "on" at least twice as much, if not more. So that would be at least 68 days. As I write this, I think I can do more than that, so I will be "on" at least 75 days. I'll put a at the end of each day to make my counting of the days easier, and I'll be honest if I really earned that smilie or not.

I also sensed that on the days that I really got a good workout in I felt much better. And often used those words in the log. Exercise is an integral part of this and the rewards are there.

I also want to really refocus on the healthy choices, and the reasons that I should be getting healthy, many reasons out there so I need to keep those in the forefront to help keep me motivated.

so in order to be "on" for those days I need something in place...
For the next 100 days I want to:

1. Track my calories on a daily basis ( I need an awareness of what I am actually eating, and how much, I plan on tracking in sparkpeople)
2. Exercise 1/2 hour of aerobics each day (some days walks are OK substitions depending on what is going on in my day, and some leeway also depending on work hours)
3. avoid snacking at night after dinner
4. Brush my teeth to signal I am done eating for the night.
5. Eat at least 1 fruit and 1 veggie daily (I know the recommended amount is more than that, but I need to start somewhere and make it a doable item. I can always have more, but this is the minimum.

So I want to challenge myself and see what I can accomplish in the next 100 days!

Old 09-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #161
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Quote:
Wow, can it really be 101 days? Time really does fly by fast. It is weird how 1 day, 1 hour can DRAG on, but yet looking back 101 days flew by in the blink of an eye. It was a lot of fun to reread the posts, relive some of the fun days from summer. makes me want to buckle down and get the trip report written as well.

So as I reread the days I actually tabulated how many days I was "on" versus struggling. I was only "on" about 34 days total, mostly all of those were also in the beginning. I know I can't be perfect, but I CAN and WILL do better than that. I am challenging myself to be "on" at least twice as much, if not more. So that would be at least 68 days. As I write this, I think I can do more than that, so I will be "on" at least 75 days. I'll put a at the end of each day to make my counting of the days easier, and I'll be honest if I really earned that smilie or not.

I also sensed that on the days that I really got a good workout in I felt much better. And often used those words in the log. Exercise is an integral part of this and the rewards are there.

I also want to really refocus on the healthy choices, and the reasons that I should be getting healthy, many reasons out there so I need to keep those in the forefront to help keep me motivated.

so in order to be "on" for those days I need something in place...
For the next 100 days I want to:

1. Track my calories on a daily basis ( I need an awareness of what I am actually eating, and how much, I plan on tracking in sparkpeople)
2. Exercise 1/2 hour of aerobics each day (some days walks are OK substitions depending on what is going on in my day, and some leeway also depending on work hours)
3. avoid snacking at night after dinner
4. Brush my teeth to signal I am done eating for the night.
5. Eat at least 1 fruit and 1 veggie daily (I know the recommended amount is more than that, but I need to start somewhere and make it a doable item. I can always have more, but this is the minimum.

So I want to challenge myself and see what I can accomplish in the next 100 days!

What matters is that you are sticking with this and have been "on" 34 days! Wow, I am still working on that - good for you

Tracking in Spark people is terrific and so are all your other goals. Starting with concrete, doable, small tasks, is very important in my opinion.

That is why I like my physiotherapist - she kind of balked when I told her that I was "banning" chocolate bars for the 30 days - she says she believes in having a little of everything.

Well, so do I and she and I will thus get along just fine I am only banning them for 30 days so they won't derail me, then I will take them back and portion control And it is only bars.

Anyway, you stick with it girl, we are going to do it this time.

You and me, together

Have a magical day.

Linda

Old 09-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #162
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 102. Today I was someone's Angel helper!

I ended up having off of work, but on call starting at noon. So this morning I went to walk the dog and as I came out of my house there was this girl crying. I went over and asked what was wrong and how I could help. Turns out she lost her cell phone and was very upset. I walked with her to try and find it, couldn't find it. Called the school for her, she called her mom on my phone. The school sent someone to pick her up and I offered to retrace her steps to see if I could find it. Found the phone, called and left message for her mom, who then called back and was so grateful. She said she was a single mom and was worried because her DD did not call her during their prearranged "safety spot" call, and DD wouldn't answer her phone. So I told her what all transpired and I walked the phone to the school so her DD would have the phone for her walk home. I feel so good for helping out this girl and the mom is very thankful. A feel good morning for me!

As far as healthy choices and my new healthy changes (that's what I am calling my second 100 day goals)

Got up and exercised to a Tae Bo Cardio DVD
Walked the dog/looked for phone for 40 minutes
Did not snack so far after dinner
Ate a veggie, but did not get the fruit in
logged my foods yesterday and will do so today

In addition since I was home I did ALL the laundry, washed, folded and put away!
Cleaned up the 2 table tops in my scrapbook area
(As I was cleaning I found my minnie ears and put them on as I cleaned. Helped remind me that I am working towards getting fit for our cruise next year as well as the 1/2 marathon in 2013)
Put away 2006 photos in their albums (yes, I am that far behind) and started organizing my 2007 photos.
read the DIS a bit!
cleaned up in the kitchen
and now helped DD with homework
logged on quickly so I can go watch survivor
WILL get my foods logged too.

THIS IS A GREAT DAY! ANd I do feel so much better after exercising. That I think is going to be the key to my success.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #163
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmduck View Post
What matters is that you are sticking with this and have been "on" 34 days! Wow, I am still working on that - good for you

Tracking in Spark people is terrific and so are all your other goals. Starting with concrete, doable, small tasks, is very important in my opinion.

That is why I like my physiotherapist - she kind of balked when I told her that I was "banning" chocolate bars for the 30 days - she says she believes in having a little of everything.

Well, so do I and she and I will thus get along just fine I am only banning them for 30 days so they won't derail me, then I will take them back and portion control And it is only bars.

Anyway, you stick with it girl, we are going to do it this time.

You and me, together

Have a magical day.

Linda

Oooh, you posted as I was typing and missed this...

I agree with the physiotherapist about the banning of foods. I've tried that so many times. I was contemplating on banning chips and McDonalds but I found myself craving them and wanting the "last time before I can't party". as soon as I decided that I wouldn't ban it, the cravings lessoned. So I can still have them, I just have to plan it in and be smart about it. You are being smart in limiting them for 30 days, and then easing back into having them. That is a very doable goal.

You know what? I do think that you and I are on to something this time, we are really working through our issues and finding things that will work for the long run. We are both commited to making this work, and we will be celebrating our success together!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #164
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Vija -- you sound so upbeat and ready to rock!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #165
BabyTigger99
The most beautiful words in the world?
Complete Remission!!!!

I love that song!!!! But it just drips of gouda!!!

Quote:
Oooh, you posted as I was typing and missed this...

I agree with the physiotherapist about the banning of foods. I've tried that so many times. I was contemplating on banning chips and McDonalds but I found myself craving them and wanting the "last time before I can't party". as soon as I decided that I wouldn't ban it, the cravings lessoned. So I can still have them, I just have to plan it in and be smart about it. You are being smart in limiting them for 30 days, and then easing back into having them. That is a very doable goal.

You know what? I do think that you and I are on to something this time, we are really working through our issues and finding things that will work for the long run. We are both commited to making this work, and we will be celebrating our success together!
What I have found is that I didn't ban bad food, but I really wanted to concentrate on eating good stuff. It almost became like a game to me, to try and go all day with eating good. And I find that now, after being on my WW for 4 months, I don't want the bad foods at all! Yeah, we do eat out once a week, or so, and I don't stress about what I eat then, and it still all works!
BabyTigger99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: