Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #136
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Happy Anniversary. I remember reading about your incident and praying that you would be okay.

Sounds like you had a great vacation.

Because of you I may be starting my count down tomorrow.

Have a great day
Hi Dona! Thanks for your prayers during that time. I do believe that the prayers had a big part of my recovery! I am Sooo excited that you are thinking of starting your own count down! September 1st would be a great day!!!!!! I will cheerlead you on!

How are you doing with Hurricane Irene issues? I hope OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dare2dream View Post
It is so good to hear from you again. I really hate getting back to 'reality' after a wonderful vacation. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures. What was the best and what was the worst? My daughter is pregnant with grandbaby #5 and is due Christmas day. We are taking a girls only trip to Vegas at the end of September.

Great job on your vacation loss. It is so hard to eat healthy on vacation.

I have always wanted to run the Princess 5 K at WDW. Here's a link. They also have a half marathon but I don't think I would be up for that. What do you think about a 5 K? I will be working on getting my 'before' picture this weekend. I have always dreamed of taking monthly update pictures of my weight loss and it is now FINALLY the time to do it.

I vividly remember 'the incident'. I cried and prayed for you. I am so glad you made it through that ordeal.

As you ease back to reality I look forward to sharing your weight loss journey. I know you can get back to your healthy lifestyle and move forward on this journey. You CAN do this.
To answer the vacation questions... the best was Surprising the kids with Disneyland!!! I was able to get the kids literally to the gates of Disney before I surprised them. ALSO waking up at 5 AM at Arches national park was AMAZING! the moon lit up the world, it was so beautiful it took my breath away. The best way I can describe it is that it felt like I was walking through a post card. It truly was so beautiful. THE WORST was the mountain driving in Colorado. I am very nervous with heights. I told DH that I just could not drive the 550 home, sheer drop offs, and no guardrails! So we altered our trip, took a different route home but still going through Colorado you have to go through the mountains. Just as we reached the top and were about to descend the skies opened up and a terrible thunderstorm enveloped us. THEN it started to hail, really bad. The ground was covered so that it looked like snow. I asked DH to pull over because I just couldn't take it anymore. Luckily he did because as we started to move again we encountered cows in the road 2 x. I think if we would have continued we might have hit the cows because of low visibilty, or went slip sliding off the edge with the hail. BUT I love nature and after we made it through, "wow" is all that I can say, it was such a rush. Thunder sounds AMAZING in the mountains. Loved that!

Congrats on grandbaby #5. What an exciting time. I can't wait to hear about Vegas from you. I do think that we did Vegas wrong. Just like when people go to WDW and don't do research, they don't have as good a time. I am sure that Vegas was like that for us. I should have done more research.

I'll have to look into the Princess 5k. I have always dreamed of doing the 1/2 marathon as well. When are you thinking of doing the princess 5k? next year, the year after?

I love seeing the monthly changes for photographs. I say go for it... You will be so glad you did.

Thanks also for the prayers from the incident. Like I told Dona, I do feel that all the prayers were a very important componant of my recovery. It was very humbling to hear about everyone's prayers.

Thanks for cheering me on, I love the support and friendship. it makes this journey so much more special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmduck View Post
And glad to see this blog again. Brenda and Donac - hello to you both too.

We came home from Iceland last night. Wonderful trip - very tired and jet lagged.

The race was not so successful, though I have completed a 10k race several times, not that day. The pain was shooting out of my leg so badly that the coach pulled me at 7 k. Actually they picked me up in a Hummer like vehicle (which took a cast of thousands to get me into) and transported me .5 k from the finish line.

I walked accross and they gave me a medal anyway, but it is a cherished keepsake, not earned. I did not get photographed in it.

The DQ is very upsetting and if I had been home, I would not have allowed it and would have walked until my legs fell off or they closed the course, whichever happened first.

But I had Norm and our vacation to think about. Later that night we actually bombed around Rekjavik and clocked nearly 10 miles on the pedometer that day.

Staying in bed for several days to "recover" was not in the plan.

Our trip was incredible and I intend to blog in a series of notes on Facebook and can send in another format to you folks if you like.

But I also intend to start one of these WISH journals. Plan to begin on September 7th (giving myself a week to rest up and recover and plan). It will dialogue my journey to (finally) conquer the Disney half in January 2013).

And it will talk about the ugly side of our trip to Iceland - like how it felt to be stuffed into an airplane seat like a sardine (the flight home was the hottest most uncomfortable 5.5 hours I ever spent) and being the fattest person in Iceland and I am not kidding - never saw anyone obese anywhere - and very few people of colour. Everyone there is fit, blonde and beautiful.

The good news is that I did not gain any weight there despite the food.

I am tired of this, I want to be fit and want to move forward.

I am tired of taking up space, apologizing to the world for inconveniencing them and have no business in athletic events until I am fit enough to do it. Not fair to the others. I took up the coach's time babysitting me when he could have been celebrating the success of others and that is inexcusable in my book and must stop.

Its time to get serious and to end all this.

Brenda, go for the 5k. I have done it at Disney twice. They do not sweep, its just fun.

The only good thing about the Iceland race is that I did manage to raise $6,100 for diabetes research, which I hope benefits those like Brenda who have it.

Sorry if this sounds like sour grapes. As long as I breathe I will never give up, but I do need to change focus.

So how do I go about starting a journal like this?

So cool that so many are doing it - Vija, look how you have inspired us. I always felt a special kinship with you.

Linda

Hi Linda, so glad to see you home safe and sound. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. I don't do facebook yet, but maybe I will join so that I can read about it.

I am so sorry that your race wasn't as successful as you would have liked. I just think of all that you went through last year, and here you are racing again. I think that is so INSPIRING! YOU inspire me! I know you are frustrated, and I am frustrated for you, I wish I could give you a hug! I think back to the thing that you once said to me about meeting a fellow racer in the elevator. I don't remember how the conversation started but he encouraged you and congratulated you for getting out there and trying. Remember YOU TRUMP "DID NOT TRY"! You were out there and doing it. From your recover to know you have a lot to be proud of. Also, congrats on raising the money, that is outstanding too.

I believe in you. Linda, I sense a determination in your post, and I know you CAN and WILL do this. As to starting a journal... go for it! I have started a journal a bunch of times, but this one has a theme that I like, and I can stick to. I too look forward to cheering you on, as you have cheered me on. I appreciate your words regarding my inspiring you, just remember you inspire me too! And you are worth it, Worth your coaches time, worth your own love and worth all the good things that surround you, including a group of friends that love you. I too have felt a special friendship with you, and can't wait till someday we can meet too!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #137
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 88. Lots of great choices!!!

OOOOH, did I do good today!

For lunch I had a bagel with cream cheese, and strawberries. I had a single serving of sun chips available, but I felt full with what I ate and just put the chips away! In the past I would have eaten the chips, just because they were there!

I drove DD to a nearby town to try and find a shirt for the first day of school. I was hungry by then and thought of stopping at the gas station for a "snack" AKA chips. I didn't want to do that, so we drove to the store.

At the store I had a big bag of chips in my hand, but as I got to the checkout, I realized that it wasn't really the brand that I wanted, so why waste calories on the chips so I actually put them away!

After dinner we were out and about and DH wanted ice cream. I bough ice cream for DH and DS and didn't get ANY for me!

I went for a walk!

I really wanted something to eat, I had 1 1/2 pieces of cheese (through the other 1/2 out when I realized I had had enough and didn't need more)

I am so proud of all the good choices!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #138
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 89. first day of school, 10 months till cruise

Today was the first day of school for the kids. How in the world did my DS get to be a junior in HS? It is amazing. where does the time go? And DD in 7th grade, how is that possible? I had a great day, managed to get the day off and sent them on their way. We have a tradition of me baking cookies and then sitting down to warm cookies and talking about the first day of school. LOVE this tradition. The only problem was that I made the dough while they were gone and had "a little... a lot" while they were gone and I watched Project Runway. Well, the one really good thing that came out of it was that when it came time for dinner I was pretty full, and I ate only 1/2 of what I was planning to eat because I was full AND I made the mental note of "even though I goofed up the afternoon, that was ALL that I was going to goof up today" AND I didn't blow the entire day like I would have in the past. After dinner I didn't snack. I even had my fingers on one of the cookies and I was ready to have one, but I pulled back! And this morning after breakfast I was a bit hungry and I drank water instead (not even my usual diet coke). AND I went for a nice walk. LOVED it! so I made one bad choice, but made some other really good ones!

During my walk I realized I have 10 months until our cruise. That isn't alot of time, it will go by very quickly, so I better stay consistent and keep it going. I want to wear a really pretty long dress for formal night. I would love to wear something Pink... my favorite color... or even red... with some sparkle even... I would love to do that instead of hiding in a black dress. I wore one last time and although it was very pretty I would like to be a little daring this time....
Old 09-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #139
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 90. stress eating

We are up north tonight so I am doing this on my phone which i[CODE][/CODE]s not easy. I noticed that I had a little stress today at work and I went for food. That frustrated me so much. I will write more tomorrow, my phone is too harhd... Talk about frustrating... LOL
Old 09-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #140
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 91. frustration continues...

I read yesterdays log and have to say it looks funny! My phone is OK initially, then if I make any mistake and try to get back into the screen, it goes black and I can't see what I am writing. so forgive me for that crazy entry....

so to get back to yesterday. I was doing great, then ended up a bit stressed at work, and at lunch I ATE and ATE and ATE... I was even feeling full, but it was a different hunger that I was feeding...KWIM? I even thought to myself I should stop, but I wasn't listening, I just needed to eat. Ughhh, then of course I am now out of that moment and feel frustrated that I did that. One thing led to another and I ate chips (hadn't had those in 3 days) and more chips, and more junk. Why did I let that happen? So not good.

Today wasn't much better. No stress, but just still in that mindset of eating to eat. Planning a "snack party" in my head... OK multiple snack parties. etc. I need to regroup.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #141
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 92. another diet book

Yes, I did it again, I bought yet another diet book. I am always looking for inspiration, motivation, and "that thing" to get me to where I want to be. Deep down I know it is all up to me, yet I am always lured to these books, looking for "that thing". the book I bought today was "you, losing weight". It is an excerpt type of book from "YOU: on a diet". Short and sweet. I am sure I could probably write a zillion of these books myself. I KNOW what I should do, it is a matter of just doing it. NIKE sure knew what they were doing when they created their slogan "just do it". It is so smart, so simple... I should "just do it". What I REALLY, REALLY want to do is to write a memoir titled... "I just did it!" wouldn't that be a great title???? I've got dibs on that one!

So, good choices today... not easy to find one...

Have to think on that because food choices today essentially were non existent. I could say that I skipped pizza for dinner because I knew I was going to have crab dip. I justified the crab dip by saying I am skipping the pizza because I don't really want it. In the past I probably would have had the pizza too AND the crab dip. However, I can't say that was a good choice because if I have to use the word "justify" in a good choice example... then, well, it reallys isn't a good choice then is it?

We had Olive Garden for lunch. I thought about it and came up with what I thought would be a good idea... really, what was I thinking????? So, I don't really like the salad that comes with the meal, and I was feeling reckless so I decided to get dessert and eat that before the meal, and I had an appetizer for the actual meal. the dessert was good, the appetizer not so much, the breadsticks were good too.... OK, again if I have to use a word..."reckless" in a good choice description, I think I failed at that choice as well.

I guess the only good choice that I can come up with is at Target I looked at the chocolate and debated about getting a candy bar and just decided I didn't want it so I didn't get it.

that is sort of pathetic for today.

MUST DO BETTER....

for Heaven's sake... I need to JUST DO IT!

I think I need that kick in the pants... any volunteers?
Old 09-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #142
jimmduck
Going for the duck

I will kick you if you kick me! Still reading every day Vija.

And I want to start one of my own on Wednesday - how do you start one of these?

Just take each day as it comes, pray for enough strength to make good choices just for that day.

Mini goals are okay, but don't kick yourself if you are not perfect - remember that this is a 365 day journey, not a one day. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

You are incredible. I struggle, same as you, and it has been hard getting back on track, but starting to. I have issues with candy bars and have banned them for the next 30 days, unless it is my little prescribed WW treats. They derail me big time, I was stuffing them in my face at the Boston airport!

Chips are not big for me thank goodness, don't care if I ever see them.

You are doing a good thing, just stay on the road.

Linda

Old 09-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #143
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
I will kick you if you kick me! Still reading every day Vija.

And I want to start one of my own on Wednesday - how do you start one of these?

Just take each day as it comes, pray for enough strength to make good choices just for that day.

Mini goals are okay, but don't kick yourself if you are not perfect - remember that this is a 365 day journey, not a one day. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

You are incredible. I struggle, same as you, and it has been hard getting back on track, but starting to. I have issues with candy bars and have banned them for the next 30 days, unless it is my little prescribed WW treats. They derail me big time, I was stuffing them in my face at the Boston airport!

Chips are not big for me thank goodness, don't care if I ever see them.

You are doing a good thing, just stay on the road.

Linda

First off I have to say Thank YOU so much for reading every day. I come on every day to be accountable to myself, but also it feels good to share this with friends. I LOVE that!

I guess we'll kick each other in the but to get going and STAY going! I need to find that smilie that does the kick in the but thing!

As far as starting one, it is just like starting any other thread. Go to the WISH board, and find the sub board titled WISH journals. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79 Then start a new thread. I'll be looking for yours on Wednesday! just make it what you want. The one thing that I would add in the title is if you are OK with comments. A while back when the journals started some people didn't like comments so at that time people started to add if they wanted comments or not. If you skim the first page you will see there are many different versions and plans. Make it personal and something that means something to you. I initially had a different title, but then a few days in I changed it to do it daily. I was going to start a blog, and felt more comfortable doing here on WISH.

I like your idea of banning the chocolate. I think I am going to have to do some of that as well. I just don't seem to be able to do well with allowing myself to have a little... "A little turns into a WHOLE LOT!"

thanks for inspiring me! Looking forward to Wednesday to start reading your journey too.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #144
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 93. I hate the "official" end of summer!

Labor day, the official end of summer. I LOVE summer! I do like parts of fall, don't get me wrong, but I am a summer girl. And today it was cold. 59 degrees. Just last week it was in the 80's! and 2 weeks ago we were in the southwest... Not sure if I already mentioned it, but I got a pick with the weather report from TV that said 112 degrees! That's a little warm, but I like that over 59!!!

We got a lot done this weekend. Some more school shopping for the kids, DD is redecorating her room slowly so we did some of that. Watched a ridiculous movie (Adjustment Bureau), I organized vacation pics into an album to show at work, cleaned, finally caught up on laundry, helped DS with his Eagle Scout project, harvested from our garden, finally caught up on bills, baked cupcakes with DD that we were supposed to do last month, and put some pictures up. Very productive weekend. Now, if I could translate that productivity to my eating plan that would be GREAT! The best choice I made today was to just accompany DH to get his ice cream, didn't want any. Saved those calories to enjoy the cupcakes. I just had 1! I also packed a decent lunch for tomorrow as well.

Linda (jimmduck) did inspire me to think about banning some of my triggers for a while. I'll have to make a plan, as I am a planner. I would like to translate the planning stage into the doing stage, into the completed stage. I used to do 100 day challenges, I think this might be a good thing to add. Perhaps on my second 100 days of this journal. Hmmm, thoughts are swirling in my head right now. I'll get back to you on the plan!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #145
dare2dream
BL6 Weightkeeper
thinking that it is a wonderful time to be walking around the block

Kick Kick Kick to Vija, Linda and ME!!

So much to say. I hope I don't take up too much of Vija's valuable space.

My news - week 2 failure - gained weight but fortunately did not erase fabulous week one. Time to re evaluate and get a real program that will work for me. The 'eat healthy' thing doesn't work too well for me. I need a little more structure. That will be this weeks project and I will lose my 2 pounds this week. I need to get prepared for my trip to Vegas because I doubt there will be any losing that week. I fly in Tuesday Sept 27 and leave Thurs Sept 30. I have my Vegas guidebook and will soon begin my research. We have been to Vegas several times and always enjoy ourselves. There is a lot of undesirable elements there that we avoid. We don't even gamble but still manage to have fun. Financially I am a little better off this time so we may even take in a show. I'm just not sure what DD30 will enjoy.

Vija, you have officially been kicked. Let's get back on track. So far this week is better for me but Thursday is a church ladies potluck luncheon where we will learn to make delicious homemade rolls. I hope I can control myself with all that temptation.

Vija what did you get to see in Vegas? I saw the pictures of your hotel. It looked nice. I have been reading reviews of where I am staying and most say the rooms are run down unless you pay extra to upgrade to a newly renovated room. Cheapskate Brenda will not go for that.

My kids all went to college in UT but we never made it to Arches and now they are all graduated. My son lives in Colorado Springs and during our last visit we went to Garden of the Gods a park of rock formations. It was so breathtaking. I love enjoying the beauty of this earth. Your adventure on Colorado roads did not sound too pleasant though. Cows? That can be scary.

Tell me about your cruise. What line and where to? DH and I did a cruise to Alaska for our 25th wedding anniversary on Holland America in 05 and loved it. You have done DCL before right?

I too have numerous diet books, most of the UNREAD! My memoir title will be 'Yes you can'. If I get to my goal weight it will be my life mission to help anyone and everyone that wants to lose weight that would like my help. I just know deep down inside of me I have the power to do this and I want to help other people find that power too.

Vija I am proud of your correct choices. Every time we choose wisely makes a difference. No chips at the convenience store, a bagel with no chips and no candy bar at Target are victories to celebrate. Let's focus on making better choices and planning ahead for success. No more snack parties (I did that Friday and afterwards regretted it). We can do better. I know we can!!

Dona good to hear from you. How is school starting off? How are your kids doing? You have an Eagle Scout in college right? Here is my shameless brag. I went to an Eagle ceremony recently for a young man at church that I did Cub Scouts with. He gave me his mentor pin! I was shocked!! I remembered a camporee with the boys at a site that had us hiking everywhere in mud. He remembered coming home from an activity in my car and running out of gas. Those were the days. Are you and DH still involved in scouts?

Linda I would love to see your WISH Journal here. To start one go to the opening page where everyone's journal is listed. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and click the 'new thread' icon on the left side. The title you type in will be the title of your journal. Then add your post which will be post #1. Good luck. I hope you will allow me to tag along too.

Linda so much of your post really touched me. Thank you for raising funds for diabetes research. When I was first diagnosed my reading told me that no matter how hard I work to control my blood glucose levels I may one day have to use insulin. At first I had such a hard time pricking my finger to test my blood sugar level, now I have no problem at all. In February my blood glucose levels were getting too high and I just knew it was my time for insulin. My doctor calmly told me that we would just have to add another pill and fortunately that has gotten me back to where I need to be. Of course losing an enormous amount of weight will help even more. My sister with type 2 lost 100 pounds with a gastric bypass and is now off her meds. My loss will take much longer but surgery is not the answer for me. Linda do you have a loved one with diabetes or has it touched you life in some way?

I can also relate you your comment about being stuffed like a sardine in an airplane seat. That is always the thing I dread about flying. For my past two trips with DH we went on a discount airline and bought me an extra seat. It made the flights so much more comfortable. This time I am flying by myself from our little Podunk local airport so just one seat for me. The thought of using every ounce my strength to not encroach on the passenger seated next to me makes me so nervous. Then the question of running into the seat police making a big deal about how much extra space I will take up gives me nightmares. I just hope it all works out. Of course I am looking at two planes out and two planes home. I have some airline FF miles and am hoping I can upgrade to first class at the gate or I might even pay if the price is right. That would really be great.

Linda I'm sorry this race did not go as smoothly as you had hoped. You have had successful races in the past and that is something to be very proud of. I am so inspired that you did 7 K. That's more that half the race and then they HAD to pull you out. As I look back over my life my greatest regret is the many things I did not do because I felt I could not accomplish them. You have shown me that anything is possible if I work hard enough for it. You did not complete this particular race but you entered, you worked hard, and you trained hard. I hope I someday have the confidence to enter the race and then work and train and complete it. Thanks for the tip about no sweeping at the Princess. I did see the 5 K is called a family race. I tried to talk my daughter into doing it with me in 08 but it did not work out. Another regret. Now I will shoot for 2013.

Sorry this is way too long but I just wanted to check in with my peeps. Get with the program this week ladies, your own personal program and make it work. We can do it!!
Old 09-06-2011, 04:26 AM   #146
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Vija you got so much done over the weekend. I feel like I did nothing.

Brenda Congrats onthe mentor pin. Dh and I are still involved in scouting. I am in my last year as district popcorn kernel. The guy in charge has left to go to another council and it is not going well. Dh approves projects for Eagle Scouts.

Have a great day
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #147
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dare2dream View Post
So much to say. I hope I don't take up too much of Vija's valuable space.

My news - week 2 failure - gained weight but fortunately did not erase fabulous week one. Time to re evaluate and get a real program that will work for me. The 'eat healthy' thing doesn't work too well for me. I need a little more structure.It is so hard to find what works best for each of us, I sure hope you find something that fits your lifestyle and the structure you need. I'll be anxious to hear what you are going to find That will be this weeks project and I will lose my 2 pounds this week. I need to get prepared for my trip to Vegas because I doubt there will be any losing that week. I fly in Tuesday Sept 27 and leave Thurs Sept 30. I have my Vegas guidebook and will soon begin my research. We have been to Vegas several times and always enjoy ourselves. There is a lot of undesirable elements there that we avoid. We don't even gamble but still manage to have fun. Financially I am a little better off this time so we may even take in a show. I'm just not sure what DD30 will enjoy. I look forward to hearing what you like in Vegas. We just were there for one night. Not even really more than 12 hours. We got to Las Vegas in the afternoon, went swimming quick then went to the strip and went to the M&M store and coke store, I did gamble a little, I blew $20 at the roulette table, and then I put in $10 for the slots, and walked away with $28 from the slots. We then had dinner, then went to Freemont street, then back down the strip. Went to the luxor so DD could see one of Chris Angels' cars, then to our hotel and we were already on the road by 4:30 am because we NEEDED to get to Disneyland as soon as we could. We were in the parks by 9:45 AM! Talk about a crazy 24 our period! In 24 hours we made it from Arches to Vegas to DLR! CRAZY! I know we didn't get anything out of our trip to Vegas, but it was interesting anyhow.

Vija, you have officially been kicked. Let's get back on track. So far this week is better for me but Thursday is a church ladies potluck luncheon where we will learn to make delicious homemade rolls. I hope I can control myself with all that temptation.Thanks for the kick! hang in there on Thursday, be strong!

Vija what did you get to see in Vegas? I saw the pictures of your hotel. It looked nice. I have been reading reviews of where I am staying and most say the rooms are run down unless you pay extra to upgrade to a newly renovated room. Cheapskate Brenda will not go for that.

My kids all went to college in UT but we never made it to Arches and now they are all graduated. My son lives in Colorado Springs and during our last visit we went to Garden of the Gods a park of rock formations. It was so breathtaking. I love enjoying the beauty of this earth. Your adventure on Colorado roads did not sound too pleasant though. Cows? That can be scary. There is so much out west that sounds so cool, we just didn't have enough time, I would love to go back there again and spend alot more time... but no more mountain driving!

Tell me about your cruise. What line and where to? DH and I did a cruise to Alaska for our 25th wedding anniversary on Holland America in 05 and loved it. You have done DCL before right? We are going on DCL again, we are doing the Eastern Caribbean, on the new ship that is just being built right now... The Fantasy sounds like it is going to be beautiful. I wish I could do the DCL cruise to Hawaii, just can't pull the kids out of school. that has always been my dream cruise. I would love to also cruise to Alaska, someday I hope to.

I too have numerous diet books, most of the UNREAD! My memoir title will be 'Yes you can'. If I get to my goal weight it will be my life mission to help anyone and everyone that wants to lose weight that would like my help. I just know deep down inside of me I have the power to do this and I want to help other people find that power too. Me too, I love your memorir title.

Vija I am proud of your correct choices. Every time we choose wisely makes a difference. No chips at the convenience store, a bagel with no chips and no candy bar at Target are victories to celebrate. Let's focus on making better choices and planning ahead for success. No more snack parties (I did that Friday and afterwards regretted it). We can do better. I know we can!!Thanks for the positives, I really needed that.

Dona good to hear from you. How is school starting off? How are your kids doing? You have an Eagle Scout in college right? Here is my shameless brag. I went to an Eagle ceremony recently for a young man at church that I did Cub Scouts with. He gave me his mentor pin! I was shocked!!THAT is outstanding! Mentor pins are so special, you must have really made a difference in his life, that is something to REALLY brag about!!!!! I remembered a camporee with the boys at a site that had us hiking everywhere in mud. He remembered coming home from an activity in my car and running out of gas. Those were the days. Are you and DH still involved in scouts?

Linda I would love to see your WISH Journal here. To start one go to the opening page where everyone's journal is listed. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and click the 'new thread' icon on the left side. The title you type in will be the title of your journal. Then add your post which will be post #1. Good luck. I hope you will allow me to tag along too.

Linda so much of your post really touched me. Thank you for raising funds for diabetes research. When I was first diagnosed my reading told me that no matter how hard I work to control my blood glucose levels I may one day have to use insulin. At first I had such a hard time pricking my finger to test my blood sugar level, now I have no problem at all. In February my blood glucose levels were getting too high and I just knew it was my time for insulin. My doctor calmly told me that we would just have to add another pill and fortunately that has gotten me back to where I need to be. Of course losing an enormous amount of weight will help even more. My sister with type 2 lost 100 pounds with a gastric bypass and is now off her meds. My loss will take much longer but surgery is not the answer for me. Linda do you have a loved one with diabetes or has it touched you life in some way?hopefully all of us will improve our health as we loose weight.

I can also relate you your comment about being stuffed like a sardine in an airplane seat. That is always the thing I dread about flying. For my past two trips with DH we went on a discount airline and bought me an extra seat. It made the flights so much more comfortable. This time I am flying by myself from our little Podunk local airport so just one seat for me. The thought of using every ounce my strength to not encroach on the passenger seated next to me makes me so nervous. Then the question of running into the seat police making a big deal about how much extra space I will take up gives me nightmares. I just hope it all works out. Of course I am looking at two planes out and two planes home. I have some airline FF miles and am hoping I can upgrade to first class at the gate or I might even pay if the price is right. That would really be great. Flying sucks when you are overweight. On our past trip I booked an extra seat for me, never had to do that and I was humiliated. But in the end that was better than posibly being told I can't fly. I sure hope you can upgrade

Linda I'm sorry this race did not go as smoothly as you had hoped. You have had successful races in the past and that is something to be very proud of. I am so inspired that you did 7 K. That's more that half the race and then they HAD to pull you out. As I look back over my life my greatest regret is the many things I did not do because I felt I could not accomplish them. You have shown me that anything is possible if I work hard enough for it. You did not complete this particular race but you entered, you worked hard, and you trained hard. I hope I someday have the confidence to enter the race and then work and train and complete it. Thanks for the tip about no sweeping at the Princess. I did see the 5 K is called a family race. I tried to talk my daughter into doing it with me in 08 but it did not work out. Another regret. Now I will shoot for 2013.I know you can do it for 2013. I would like to shoot for doing a 1/2 marathon on 2013. I am already planing on going to WDW in 2013, so not sure if the finances will allow 2 trips. I'll have to see if I can wing it.

Sorry this is way too long but I just wanted to check in with my peeps. Get with the program this week ladies, your own personal program and make it work. We can do it!!
PLEASE join in any time, it feels like family here! don't worry about joining in on this journal, I LOVE the company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Vija you got so much done over the weekend. I feel like I did nothing.

Brenda Congrats onthe mentor pin. Dh and I are still involved in scouting. I am in my last year as district popcorn kernel. The guy in charge has left to go to another council and it is not going well. Dh approves projects for Eagle Scouts.I didn't know you are so involved in scouting, that is awesome! I got a bunch done on the weekend, but during the week I feel like I get nothing done. You being a teacher must get a lot done during the week with your job. Hopefully you can also find time to rest.

Have a great day
Ladies, how cool that you both have somthing to do with Scouts. DS is working toward his Eagle right now. the project is approved, now he is in the fundraising portion, just starting out - working on his letters. I am so proud of him. I want to get a scrapbook done for him, I better get moving!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #148
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 94. Getting geared up...

I am working on my plan that will be unveiled shortly... I think at day 100 I will lay it out and then get crackin' on day 101! In the mean time... in the evening I was super hungry (this is after dinner) and we were out and I REALLY wanted french fries... skipped those! I want to try and get some walking in again. Just don't seem to have enough hours in the day. I need more time!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #149
jimmduck
Going for the duck

Just popping in real quick Vija. Looking forward to seeing your new plan.

Dona - following your journal too.

Brenda, what can I say, you are just plain awesome! Keep plugging.

I do not require another seat to travel, yet...

I never want to get to the point where I do, but it was tough, I know DH would have had a better time on our vacation if I had been fitter, and I feel bad for him.

BTW, started my thred today, as I said I would. Starting from scratch - I am disappointed by my lack of progress, so we will just move forward

Check it out...

Linda

Old 09-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #150
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Just popping in real quick Vija. Looking forward to seeing your new plan.

Dona - following your journal too.

Brenda, what can I say, you are just plain awesome! Keep plugging.

I do not require another seat to travel, yet...

I never want to get to the point where I do, but it was tough, I know DH would have had a better time on our vacation if I had been fitter, and I feel bad for him.

BTW, started my thred today, as I said I would. Starting from scratch - I am disappointed by my lack of progress, so we will just move forward

Check it out...

Linda

Hi Linda, I read your thread today at during lunch time on my phone, just couldn't post back yet, but I will as soon as I am post my update. I am so proud of you for getting it posted, you are following through with your commitment, fantastic! My plan is still in progress, and I will post it, trying to work out reasonable, attainable goals, making sure that it is something that is a challenge, but not too hard that I make it impossible to attain.

Keep you posted...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: