Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #31
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

And the fun begins!! Your kids are so adorable! I can attest to how tiny the bathrooms are on the plane esp to change a baby - I took my DS17 on his first plane ride when he was almost 2 and still in diapers. He pushed the emergency button unbeknownst to me and just as I was finishing changing him, there was a knock on the door (we used the bathroom in First Class), there was a stewardess and co-pilot outside the door grinning, asking if everything was okay I was SO embarrassed!

I can't wait to read more about your trip - you are so organized I only have been successful once in following my detailed, printed plans and that was when I went with my ex-DBFF. She was so happy we had some organization on her first trip to WDW.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 06-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #32
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Awesome start! I was LoL'ing while reading.

Totally can't wait to hear more!

(But really, glad that everything has gone smoothly so far!)

Awwee, you are sweet! I think a writer would be a fun occupation. It would be nice to entertain without papperazi or the risk of rehab

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Glad to hear everything went pretty smootly on the way there. I was wondering how letting James drink a whole bottom of water would work out for you, glad it wasn't too bad. If I ever have to travel with a toddler I would probably ban any liquid pre boarding or make DH in charge of diaper changing.
that's what i should have done; passed him off to DH That child can down some liquids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitty13 View Post
My DH took a last minute flight down and he had DD1 with him, he said he felt this warm feeling in his lap. She leaked all though her diaper then spilled his drink. lol! I thnk we had a bad package of diapers since that wasn't her only leakage during the trip.
Oh no! I bet he wasn't laughing at the time! i always find the bad diaper when he has fresh sheets! (we may have a spilt drink story this trip too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Joining in! Though I missed your PTR.

My PTR is fairly easy to catch up on if you like the extra background info. I didn't do a table of contents, but the schedule and main info are within the first page or two. The rest just talks about shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Joining in! Heading back to read!

thanks for reading!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #33
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
And the fun begins!! Your kids are so adorable! I can attest to how tiny the bathrooms are on the plane esp to change a baby - I took my DS17 on his first plane ride when he was almost 2 and still in diapers. He pushed the emergency button unbeknownst to me and just as I was finishing changing him, there was a knock on the door (we used the bathroom in First Class), there was a stewardess and co-pilot outside the door grinning, asking if everything was okay I was SO embarrassed!

I can't wait to read more about your trip - you are so organized I only have been successful once in following my detailed, printed plans and that was when I went with my ex-DBFF. She was so happy we had some organization on her first trip to WDW.

Thanks for the compliments! i think my kids are pretty swell too!

I do my best to avoid all public bathrooms, especially those the size of a thimble!

Your story is so funny! i'm sure it wasn't at the time though! I'm sure not too many people knew what was going on

I'm glad i've got you fooled I may have managed to pull some organization around for my trip- but in reality, i am a horrible procrasinator and you could get lost in my house! i have to have some paperwork when i go on vacation. i don't have to follow it, but i have to have it. i guess it gives me a little bit of a feeling of control in an unfamiliar place.

Thanks for reading along!

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 06-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #34
DisneyMomma09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
WELCOME!!

I have to admit- as soon as I got notification of your post, I had to come see what you were talking about. What I meant by that was to take a picture of the kids every morning so that I would have a picture in the day's clothing if they got separated.
When I was on a family trip as a child, my mom and I got separated from my dad and siblings after a parade. It was stressful, and one of the reasons I like to watch the parade in the popular areas. I couldn't imagine how it would feel to be lost alone as a child. I saw the picture tip on here once, and thought it could help if we ever had to have cm's help us find kids.

So to answer your question, although on whiny days I've been tempted to leave them behind a time or too LOL I have never left them behind
I get it! Maybe I should put this on my list, since I mean to do this every morning, but usually only actually DO it about half the time!

Sounds like the flight went relatively smoothly...despite the wet pants. Can't wait to hear more!

My Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon Trip Report!
I Wish I May, I Wish I Might, Please Don't Let Us Miss Our Flight! An August 2011 PTR
*New! Interpreting Toddler-Speak at Disney! Aug 2011 TR*

August 2006 Wilderness Lodge, August 2007 Wilderness Lodge, June 2008 Saratoga Springs, November 2008 Wilderness Lodge, June 2010 Old Key West, February 2011 Bay Lake Towers (Finished Princess 1/2!), August 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter

Last edited by DisneyMomma09; 06-03-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #35
jm106
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying your TR. Adorable children and the story about James being "ready" is the best. Im excited to read more. We too stayed at CBR

Old 06-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #36
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Great update.

I totally limited what the kids had to drink before we got on the plane and made them take a potty break just before boarding and the both STILL had to get up during the hour and forty five minute flight to potty. Granted, I didn't have to change a diaper in the bathroom, but it's really hard trying to fit a 4 year old and yourself in the bathroom at the same time and still have room to go.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #37
Busymom85
Mouseketeer

Signing in. Waiting for more. Thanks for posting.

Nov. 1995 Fort Wilderness
Oct. 1997 Fort Wilderness
Dec. 2007 All Star Music
Sept. 2009 All Star Music

Old 06-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #38
Chaitali
Mouseketeer

Great trip report so far, it sounds like you guys had a great time. Your kids are so adorable! I love the game you were playing with your daughter at the airport. I have a tendency to do the same thing in my head Can't wait to hear more about the trip. It's interesting to hear about the same day and the same place from other people's perspectives.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #39
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Aren't diaper changes on an airplane the worst? Glad the leak wasn't too bad.

I hate being at the airport waiting to go home. Flying into MCO is always so exciting and flying back is always so sad. I think it's slightly less sad when we're driving, since at least there's no happy people whose vacation is just starting right in front of us.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:38 AM   #40
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm106 View Post
I am enjoying your TR. Adorable children and the story about James being "ready" is the best. Im excited to read more. We too stayed at CBR
WELCOME! Thanks for reading!

James cracks me up everyday. Today he came out of his room with a glitter headband and a toolbox!

I'm curious to see if CNR was everything you thought it would be. It seems to have really mixed reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
Great update.

I totally limited what the kids had to drink before we got on the plane and made them take a potty break just before boarding and the both STILL had to get up during the hour and forty five minute flight to potty. Granted, I didn't have to change a diaper in the bathroom, but it's really hard trying to fit a 4 year old and yourself in the bathroom at the same time and still have room to go.
Yuck, that bathroom break doesn't sound any better! My dd does that. It doesn't matter when she lasts drinks or how many times she goes to the bathroom- she always has to go in public. It's the worst when we go out to eat. I can't avoid the drink and she usually goes about 3 times a meal!

Old 06-05-2011, 01:59 AM   #41
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Aren't diaper changes on an airplane the worst? Glad the leak wasn't too bad.

I hate being at the airport waiting to go home. Flying into MCO is always so exciting and flying back is always so sad. I think it's slightly less sad when we're driving, since at least there's no happy people whose vacation is just starting right in front of us.
I'd be very happy if that was my last airplane diaper change ever! I tried really hard to ignore all the arriving vacationers when we were leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaitali View Post
Great trip report so far, it sounds like you guys had a great time. Your kids are so adorable! I love the game you were playing with your daughter at the airport. I have a tendency to do the same thing in my head Can't wait to hear more about the trip. It's interesting to hear about the same day and the same place from other people's perspectives.
it was a great trip! I'm ready to go back already!
Thanks for the compliments on the kiddos. They are my world!
It is interesting to hear a different perspective. Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymom85 View Post
Signing in. Waiting for more. Thanks for posting.
WELCOME! Thanks for reading. I should have a few more updates soon. I've been playing with the photopass this weekend.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #42
LeeLee'sMom
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=lbuzz52;41325082]

Quote:
you are lucky to have such a late start date! ours starts Aug 6th. I'll detail our opinions on the resort during the report- but i will say that we would go back. there was a lot to do when we were at the resort.

so what is the going tooth fairy rate these days anyway? Maya seems to think this is a big accomplishment what aobut your dd?
Yes we are lucky, the Kindergarten start date is September 15th..
The going rate is ridiculous... Let's just put it this way, she ended up with $25.00 That will not happen for anymore teeth That was more than I received for an entire mouth full of teeth. Everything now is I am a big girl, I can do it, I even lost a tooth... Loving your TR...so nice to know I have other neurotics out there...
Old 06-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #43
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Day 1- The Day of Multiple Transportation Methods. Part 2. The Path to Jamaica, Mon.

When we last left off, we had just arrived at MCO.

We made our way down to the faux monorail and to the elevator. First stop- the bathroom. By this point the spot on James pants had dried. Rather than unpack a carryon, we decided to wait to change his clothes until we get to the hotel.

We continued on our journey to the Magical Express area. I was beyond excited to see the sign. We are here!! Last trip, we were quite lucky with the line. It was probably short because of the time of day and the resort we had. Today, our Caribbean Beach line was shared with Pop Century. It was one of the longest. We entered the ME line at 11:50, and as lengthy as it was, we made it on to the second bus.

Our bus was pretty full by the time we boarded it. No prime tv spots or picture taking spots were available. Maya spent the pre-video time looking for familiar sights. James spent it trying to figure out what in the world was going on and why he was not in a car seat!

the best of our attempts at a self portrait

A few minutes later, I hear Maya squeal.

"Momma, there it is, there it is"

I had my camera out ready to take a picture, but no luck. By this point, James had fallen asleep on my right arm.

The best I could do was this crooked left handed shot.

I tried a couple of other landmarks and my results were slightly better.

I'll see you shortly you sweet thang!

Shortly after 1:00 pm our bus pulled into CBR. We waived goodbye to our driver and waited for our baggage.

The kids stood politely on the sidewalk, taking in the sights. Chris was told to set our bags down on one of the provided luggage carts and we entered the custom house.

I had opted out of online check-in. I was afraid it would be more difficult if I needed to ask for a room change. My decision left me 4th in line for regular check-in, with only one open lane. The online check-in had about 8 people in line but 6 available lanes.

The guests in the online section were all taken care of quickly, and I was called to check-In over there. I was so happy to hear that our room was ready! Maya's fever was starting to come back and she needed to re-medicate. Plus, We were ready to get settled and get some lunch after eating peanuts and pretzils for breakfast.

I asked about the crib and was told there is a pack n play in the room. I informed her that I had requested and need a regular crib, and she told me that they would bring one to my room shortly.

I had asked for these room requests, in order of importance: ground floor, near the designated smoking area courtyards, building 44 or 45. While Jamaica would be a great location, listing ground floor as our top priority left plenty of opportunity to meet at least that. Our lovely CM pulled out a map and started to show me where the room was located. I was in complete disbelief when I discovered that all of my requests were met We were in Jamaica, building 44, ground floor, room 4419.

I put a credit card on file for charging privileges, and collected the diapers I had shipped from Amazon. We were told to get our luggage and have bell services show us to our room. We went back out to the luggage carts, where we were promptly were yelled at. Apparently we were not supposed to get our luggage. Chris tried to pull the cart out from in between two others so he could get our bags off. She told us "you can't move that, it is dangerous. Put your name on the list and in about 30 minutes bell services will take you to your room."

I didn't even bother to smile while I snapped back at her.

"He's just doing what YOUR fellow employee told us to do."

Luckily another CM had noticed that she was being curt with us. He checked our room assignment and the amount of bags we had. He turned to Ms. Rude and asked her why we couldn't just take the internal shuttle. She said they could. He said, "well why don’t you tell them that, you know, actually help them!" I had a feeling we were not the first guest she had been short with that day.

Mr. Nice helped us carry our bags around the corner to the internal bus waiting area. About 2 minutes later a bus came, and after a couple stops we were dropped off in Jamaica!

The view from the bus stop

The signage is a bit confusing from the bus stop. When you are approaching the buildings closest to the bus stop, the sign says building 44 is to the right.

This picture was from later in the week, but if you see where Chris is, building 45 is on his left and 44 is on his right.

Luckily on arrival day, another guest saw my confused face, and pointed out the shortcut that Chris is taking in that picture.

We walk past the small courtyard and our room is right in front of us. The location is perfect. There are 4 rooms that would be closer to the courtyard but we have a path from our door that takes us directly there.

I'm going to try to explain our location, hopefully in a way that is not too confusing.

If you come out of our door, you cross a sidewalk and are on Path A. We will call the sidewalk Path B. Path A and Path B intersect right in front of our door.

If you exit our door and take Path A straight you head back in between the buildings to get to the bus stop.

View straight out our door- the path to the bus stop shortcut

If you pass the first bush and then take a left on Path A, you are at the courtyard.

If you pass the first bush and take a right on Path A, you are headed towards the bridge to Old Port Royale/ Caribbean Cay.

picture taken from the corner room next to ours

If you exit our room and take Path B to the left, you have an alternate entry to the Courtyard and access to the ice and vending.

If you take Path B to the right, you immediately turn right, pass one room to get to the rear of the building, and then the pool/ beach/ laundry for our village is right there!

picture taken from the corner room next to ours. see the beach chairs?

And if that was confusing, here's a short version. We were almost as close as you could get to the amenities in our village. And we were in the building next to the closest to the bus stop and next to the closest to the Caribbean Cay/ OPR access. Our location was very central, and all walks were short to almost non existant.

Just because i'm using all the other pictures now, here is a picture of a yellow Jamaica building

And a closeup of a decoration i liked.

CONTINUED NEXT POST

Last edited by lbuzz52; 06-16-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #44
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

What a great convenient location! I'm glad you got all your requests.

I remember years ago picking up relatives at the guest house and driving them to Jamaica where we proceeded for a very long time to wind around looking for room numbers. We kept going and going. I see the signage hasn't changed, lol. It's very confusing.

It's a shame your daughter was sick. I hope she got better quickly!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #45
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you got a great location!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: