Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #106
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

well I'm debating on Flying Fish or Cali Grill - you're pictures + Goofy and Uncle Remus' pictures...

Now as to Chefs, I'd be all over that - but a magarita? with Illuminations? I think when you are solo dining, you eat a bit faster?

and I would go with your gut and not do Cali Grill alone - unless you like sushi and sit at the bar? Because it is loud, and you may not be up for that atmosphere - Goofy and Uncle Remus sat in the wine room and had a great quiet time - that sounds perfect to me!

and I wonder if they will do fireworks for Night of Joy? so maybe Cali Grill would be a great addition?

Hah - I'm NO help at all!!

just thank you for posting about Flying Fish!!
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #107
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
well I'm debating on Flying Fish or Cali Grill - you're pictures + Goofy and Uncle Remus' pictures...

Now as to Chefs, I'd be all over that - but a magarita? with Illuminations? I think when you are solo dining, you eat a bit faster?

and I would go with your gut and not do Cali Grill alone - unless you like sushi and sit at the bar? Because it is loud, and you may not be up for that atmosphere - Goofy and Uncle Remus sat in the wine room and had a great quiet time - that sounds perfect to me!

and I wonder if they will do fireworks for Night of Joy? so maybe Cali Grill would be a great addition?

Hah - I'm NO help at all!!

just thank you for posting about Flying Fish!!
Haha, you're welcome.

I called my Mom, they're definitely coming up for Cali Grill, but she's not sure if they're staying over or not. If they do, we can all do breakfast the next morning. I mean, my goal is not to make this the most expensive weekend ever I was able to get Crystal Palace for 3 at 830 Sunday morning. I don't know if we'll keep it, but when I saw it when I was playing around, I grabbed it. She liked the idea of Kona, so we might do that too if they stay overnight (with me or at another hotel.) And if they come up and stay overnight, they can take me to the airport, so i can cancel my car, take ME to the resort and save $70 that way too.

I think I'll cancel Bistro, maybe not today since I might be acting impulsively, but right now, grabbing some quick service from Mexico and a margarita sounds better than a big heavy French meal... I think I'll be able to enjoy EMH a little more.

I feel better already!! (but I still welcome any opinions or ideas!!)
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #108
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Another amazing breakfast can be found at the Wave if you are looking to eat nearby! I recently ate there and they are now offering a fantastic breakfast buffet which has smaller portions of many of the items they offer on the menu!!!! I definitely plan on going back!! SO GOOD!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #109
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Another amazing breakfast can be found at the Wave if you are looking to eat nearby! I recently ate there and they are now offering a fantastic breakfast buffet which has smaller portions of many of the items they offer on the menu!!!! I definitely plan on going back!! SO GOOD!
We ate at the Wave back in October. I'm actually disappointed they switched it to a buffet I'd rather be served than eat at a buffet...generally speaking. Can you still order off the menu???
Old 06-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #110
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
We ate at the Wave back in October. I'm actually disappointed they switched it to a buffet I'd rather be served than eat at a buffet...generally speaking. Can you still order off the menu???
Yes you can!! They have both options!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 06-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #111
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes you can!! They have both options!!
Hmmm...

I do like those pancakes.

OH! I wonder what the room service menu looks like?? Can you get room service at BLT? That would be nice, sitting out on my balcony, eating some pancakes, getting ready for the MK on Saturday
Old 06-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #112
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Hmmm...

I do like those pancakes.

OH! I wonder what the room service menu looks like?? Can you get room service at BLT? That would be nice, sitting out on my balcony, eating some pancakes, getting ready for the MK on Saturday
LOL I can also answer this question!! I just recently came back from staying at BLT and yes they do offer room service! I don't remember what was all on the menu but it had some really yummy choices !!

And I have to agree with you...I love the Wave's sweet potato pancakes...definitely a fave of mine!!!

Old 06-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #113
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL I can also answer this question!! I just recently came back from staying at BLT and yes they do offer room service! I don't remember what was all on the menu but it had some really yummy choices !!

And I have to agree with you...I love the Wave's sweet potato pancakes...definitely a fave of mine!!!
Definitely going to order room service breakfast Saturday morning then

How did you like BLT?? I'll have to hop over to your TR!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #114
lsmommy
Earning My Ears

I've never heard of Apple Wine! Is it a very sweet wine?
lsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #115
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmommy View Post
I've never heard of Apple Wine! Is it a very sweet wine?
It wasn't super sweet like a late harvest Riesling or Ice Wine, but definitely on the sweeter side. More tart & crisp though.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:43 AM   #116
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

I was behind!! Had to play catch up!

Okay.... you want suggestions, right?....we like Cali Grill...love the sushi, but yes it's loud! Our meal was really good (will have that review on my TR coming up soon) Back in October, we ate at the Wave for dinner and were really impressed. I actually wasn't looking forward to it....was basically the only ADR we could snag on a last minutes notice. We had another couple with us and they liked it too...great food, great service. Have you ever tried Citricos??? We did this one on our last trip....outstanding!!!! Can't say anything negative! Or maybe Narcoossee's??? Although, it can be loud, too. We like all the GF restaurants....and LOVE the GF itself....have you thought about staying there?? Just kidding! You mentioned something about doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour....I would LOVE to do that! I've been eyeing that tour for years! Why not??!! You said you wanted to make this the most expensive weekend ever!! Oh yes....and Kona would be a great choice for breakfast....wonderful atmosphere over at the Poly...and another great resort!

Happy Planning! I'm sure you are more confused than ever now
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:39 AM   #117
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I was behind!! Had to play catch up!

Okay.... you want suggestions, right?....we like Cali Grill...love the sushi, but yes it's loud! Our meal was really good (will have that review on my TR coming up soon) Back in October, we ate at the Wave for dinner and were really impressed. I actually wasn't looking forward to it....was basically the only ADR we could snag on a last minutes notice. We had another couple with us and they liked it too...great food, great service. Have you ever tried Citricos??? We did this one on our last trip....outstanding!!!! Can't say anything negative! Or maybe Narcoossee's??? Although, it can be loud, too. We like all the GF restaurants....and LOVE the GF itself....have you thought about staying there?? Just kidding! You mentioned something about doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour....I would LOVE to do that! I've been eyeing that tour for years! Why not??!! You said you wanted to make this the most expensive weekend ever!! Oh yes....and Kona would be a great choice for breakfast....wonderful atmosphere over at the Poly...and another great resort!

Happy Planning! I'm sure you are more confused than ever now
Heather
I love Citricos. So my friend (my Matron of Honor actually) was at Disney when her now husband proposed. That night they had a terrible, rotten lousy, just awful meal at 1900 Park Fare (and they used to be CMs, so they're not ones to jump just because 1 little thing was wrong.) Well they complained to the right people and wound up getting a free meal at either Citricos or Narcoossee's. So she calls me up and she goes "quick, which one would you pick!" And I say "hands down Citricos." Her: "Really? We were leaning Narcoossee's." Me: "Citricos. Just trust me." So they did and they had a fantastic evening that totally made up for 1900 Park Fare To this day (that was 2 years ago) she still raves about Citricos. Don't get me wrong, Narcoossee's is good, but it's just not as amazing as Citricos is!

And we stayed at the Grand Floridian back in 199...8. I was 13 That's the only way I could figure it out. We stayed over Father's Day and went to Victoria and Albert's for Father's Day. It was a great trip, but we were less than enchanted with the Grand Floridian. It was nice, but it was before they re-did the pool, so it was lacking a little.

Haha, and I said I was trying to NOT make this the most expensive weekend ever Stay deluxe, eat two signature meals, go on a tour... It's like all of a sudden it hit me how much money I could potentially be spending. So I need to dial it back. I'd rather buy a cute dress for my honeymoon, and save Bistro de Paris for when Geoff comes down with me (or when we move )

And I LOVE Kona, we went there the other year on my birthday for dinner and it was just fantastic!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #118
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

So what did you decide???????

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 06-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #119
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
So what did you decide???????
Oh...right.

So I think I'm going to skip Bistro. I still have my ADR, but I'll probably cancel it in another week.

I'm keeping Cali Grill. It'll be nice to just head back to my room. And I haven't been there for years, so it's probably time to give it another chance.

Breakfast is undecided. I nabbed the Crystal Palace ADR at 830, but I have a feeling we'll probably wind up at Kona if my parents do stay over night. I'll be seeing them next week for the 4th (they're coming up to Burlington and the parents are meeting ) so I can talk to them about it then.

I'll probably skip the tour...unless my parents don't stay overnight...then it's back on the table.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #120
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

I'm still laughing...so that's what you decided?! Sounds like it's still up in the air You crack me up...the good thing about it...ANY of those choices will be great!

Enjoy the planning!!!...that's half the fun!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: