Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #76
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay, I am finally caught up. We switched from Fulton's (after Nicki and Todd had a very disappointing meal there in May) to Raglan Road. This was a tough sell for us because Nicki and Todd hated it; but I've read so many great reviews that I decided it was time to give it a try ourselves.

Glad you enjoyed Mama Melrose. I've never understood the "dislike' of the place; we've never had a bad meal there. We did have a ressie for this September but I changed it to 50's Prime Time because we've not been to 50's in about 12 years and I felt the need to go back.

Your breakfasts at Sunshine Season look so good...we are definitely doing that this trip.

And I cnanot wait to FINALLY try the new Caramel shop in Germany (they were working on it when we were there last September).
Old 06-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #77
danalee
You wouldnt understand, its a New Kids thing!

We love Mama's as well! and the Caramel shop is so calling my name
1998 Sept ~POFQ (honeymoon)
2005 Aug ~All Star Movie Son's first trip! B-day Surprise!
2006 Sept ~PoP w/ free dining (& 8th wedding anniversery)
2008 Aug ~All Star Sports Son's B-Day
2010 Sept ~POFQ Friends, Family & Anniversary Trip!
2012 Sept ~POFQ w/ BFF & Family~
danalee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #78
DLo
DIS Veteran

thanks for taking the time to review (and the pics) . can't wait to go back to the carmel shoppe ----- in Oct. (i don't want to wait that long. also, think i will have to try the berry bread pudding thing, looks delish.
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #79
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Wow...I had no clue Raglan Road looked so good! I just cancelled our crystal palace on our arrival day and booked Raglan Road!!!! I can't wait to try it!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #80
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
If it makes you feel better, it just opened last fall!
So I'm not crazy! Will check it out on the next trip!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #81
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Silly Glenn, you don't need an ADR! Tangierine Cafe is counter service.
You wrote Tangierine, but the whole time I was thinking Marrakesh.

So where'd you get those caramels....inside Biergarten? (Just kidding!)
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #82
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shleedogg View Post
I've been reading along and love your reviews! How did I not notice until now that you're from Rochester?? I am too. What caught my attention was the comment about NYS wines, go figure, lol .
Hi neighbor! I'm a big fan of going to wineries on weekends! This summer is going to be so lame. I started a diet (stupid wedding!) so we're not going down as often

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay, I am finally caught up. We switched from Fulton's (after Nicki and Todd had a very disappointing meal there in May) to Raglan Road. This was a tough sell for us because Nicki and Todd hated it; but I've read so many great reviews that I decided it was time to give it a try ourselves.

Glad you enjoyed Mama Melrose. I've never understood the "dislike' of the place; we've never had a bad meal there. We did have a ressie for this September but I changed it to 50's Prime Time because we've not been to 50's in about 12 years and I felt the need to go back.

Your breakfasts at Sunshine Season look so good...we are definitely doing that this trip.

And I cnanot wait to FINALLY try the new Caramel shop in Germany (they were working on it when we were there last September).
I hope you enjoy Raglan Road! Maybe if you do, you can persuade Nicki to give it another shot We really really like it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
We love Mama's as well! and the Caramel shop is so calling my name
I wish I had some caramels right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo View Post
thanks for taking the time to review (and the pics) . can't wait to go back to the carmel shoppe ----- in Oct. (i don't want to wait that long. also, think i will have to try the berry bread pudding thing, looks delish.
Thanks for joining me! You should definitely try the pudding!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
Wow...I had no clue Raglan Road looked so good! I just cancelled our crystal palace on our arrival day and booked Raglan Road!!!! I can't wait to try it!
That's quite the change! I'll go for a sit down meal over buffet any day, so I think it was a good change

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
So I'm not crazy! Will check it out on the next trip!
Nope, definitely not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
You wrote Tangierine, but the whole time I was thinking Marrakesh.

So where'd you get those caramels....inside Biergarten? (Just kidding!)
You've never really been to Disney have you??
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #83
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Cava del Tequila

Chugging right along. I have exactly two pictures between my pictures from Germany and pictures from Mexico I guess you don't need to wait until my Trip Report to guess what we did that day...

After our snacks in Germany, we stopped by the bakery in Norway to pick up 2 school breads. One for Geoff, one for my Mom, both for breakfast the next morning

Then we made our way over to Mexico. And we got a table at Cava del Tequila. And we sat for a good hour and a half Good times.

Before going in:

I suppose the strollers should have been a warning...
We took the back corner table for two. Sitting next to us was a family with 2 toddlers. I was surprised to see any kids in here, let alone 2 toddlers. But they were finishing up and on their way out. Our waitress quickly came over and asked us what we wanted to drink. I knew right away! The Blood Orange Margarita is the first one I tried here...and the only one...I can't tear myself away from it to try anything else.

Description from their website:
Quote:
Blood Orange
Familia Camarena premium silver Tequila, orange liqueur, a sweet-tart mix of blood orange juice and hibiscus syrup, topped with fruit foam served on the rocks with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim
Geoff didn't know what he wanted (he's not really big on tequila) so our waitress, who was awesome, pointed him in the right direction by asking him a few questions. He settled on the Pomegranate Margarita which is made with Mezcal instead of tequila, so it had a smokier flavor to it.

Description:
Quote:
Pomegranate Margarita

Oro de Oaxaca Mezcal, pomegranate liquor, pineapple juice, melon liquor and agave nectar served on the rocks with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim
We also placed an order for their Queso Blanco, a new addition to their menu. Before long, our food and drinks came out:

Blood Orange Margarita:

Pomegranate Margarita:

Picture on the wall:

Now, while we were sitting there, another family with THREE toddlers came in and sat down. And were promptly surprised that there wasn't anything on the menu for the kids. ...the word "tequila" is in the name of the place. And they were disappointed that there were only snacks on the menu and not full meals. Now, I know that most people don't do copious amounts of research before taking the trip, but when a place is called Cava del TEQUILA, what part about that gives you the impression that it would be a great place to sit and grab a bite to eat with your kids?! Maybe it's because I'm not a parent, but I was totally shocked by this. I'd love to hear from some parents out there and see if I'm way off base, but REALLY, it's a tequilla bar... In all fairness, the bar was awesome. They made a fruit based smoothie for the kids that the parents were amazed by how great it was. So they were totally accommodating.

Anyway, we were thoroughly enjoying ourselves, and now that we had some entertainment, Geoff decided to be brave and give straight tequila a try (I can't drink that much to begin with, plus I was driving, so I stuck just with my one drink and I was nursing it.) Our waitress, who again, was awesome, recommended one for him to try:

On the left is a chaser that is supposed to ease the burn of the tequila. Geoff thought the chaser was really spicy (and he likes spice!) and was more difficult to handle than the tequila! But he really enjoyed the tequila.

Note: I think I forgot to mention that I've been using this little beauty when I could...

I got it on our trip back in October and it's more than paid for itself. It's worth mentioning that la Cava del Tequila does not take TiW! Certainly wouldn't stop me from returning, but just an FYI.

ETA: The family next to us also made a stink about gluten intolerance. Everything on their "menu" is gluten free except they were double checking the cheese dip (it was new and they weren't positive.) I don't remember what the outcome of that was.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #84
DisneyMamato4
Disney Obsessed!

Wow, that Blood Orange Margarita looks amazing! Too bad tequila is not a friend of mine or I would definitely have to try one of those.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #85
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Great reviews!! We love La Cava del Tequila. We've never sat there though, always gotten our margaritas to go! The blood orange margarita is sooo good. Omg to die for!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #86
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Looks awesome...HOWEVER...I would probably leave the kiddos behind. Not sure my 3 need tequila quite yet! Maybe the parents didn't realize what the place actually was...then again....Cava del Tequila..... hmmmmmmm.....

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #87
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

great post about Cava del Tequila - I think the best part about that place is all the different tequilas and learning about them and trying them, etc. ... oh, and the margarita's aren't bad either

Our last trip we did bring our daughter in there with us (she was 8mo. old at the time), so I don't think the concept of brining kids there is crazy - but we knew what it was and didn't expect them to have stuff for kids there.

oh, and they do let you get stuff/drinks to go so that is always a great option if you have kids but want a great tasting margarita

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #88
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMamato4 View Post
Wow, that Blood Orange Margarita looks amazing! Too bad tequila is not a friend of mine or I would definitely have to try one of those.
I do like tequila, totally delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Great reviews!! We love La Cava del Tequila. We've never sat there though, always gotten our margaritas to go! The blood orange margarita is sooo good. Omg to die for!!
This was the first time we got them and sat versus getting one to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Looks awesome...HOWEVER...I would probably leave the kiddos behind. Not sure my 3 need tequila quite yet! Maybe the parents didn't realize what the place actually was...then again....Cava del Tequila..... hmmmmmmm.....
When the people were asking what their kids could have, Geoff (loudly) suggested they give them a margarita...at least they'd be quiet the rest of the day The parents ignored us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
great post about Cava del Tequila - I think the best part about that place is all the different tequilas and learning about them and trying them, etc. ... oh, and the margarita's aren't bad either

Our last trip we did bring our daughter in there with us (she was 8mo. old at the time), so I don't think the concept of brining kids there is crazy - but we knew what it was and didn't expect them to have stuff for kids there.

oh, and they do let you get stuff/drinks to go so that is always a great option if you have kids but want a great tasting margarita
At 8 months old she was probably sleeping? These kids were like 3.

And I think it's different if you know what kind of place it is versus expecting a tequila bar to cater to your kids...
Old 06-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #89
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Looks like you had a good time at Cava del Tequila. I'm not a tequila drinker or margarita drinker, so I doubt we'll ever go.

What were those parents thinking? I am a mother, and I would NEVER have brought my kids into a bar atmosphere like that when they were younger. And, sad to say, they are both old enough to go themselves now.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #90
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Looks like you had a good time at Cava del Tequila. I'm not a tequila drinker or margarita drinker, so I doubt we'll ever go.

What were those parents thinking? I am a mother, and I would NEVER have brought my kids into a bar atmosphere like that when they were younger. And, sad to say, they are both old enough to go themselves now.
So what you're saying is next time I should drink a second for you??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: