Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #46
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
This is the second Raglan Road review I've seen get posted today, and both were very positive. Looks like I need to add it to the list.

Your martini looks really good...like I could go for one right now.

And when something tastes like "comfort food" -- is there any higher compliment?
You really should add it to the list, it's that good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
This looks like a great place to eat!! However...is it on the DDP?? We usually do the Dxdp when on a longer trip. The dessert is calling my name!!! Holy cow! It kinda looks like the bread pudding at Ohana. The atmosphere seems like it would be fun...and like you said...it might drown out my screaming kids Perhaps I could actually eat in peace!!!
Oh man, I just realized that I totally forgot to mention in my review that there was a bride and groom there! They pulled them up on stage and taught them the dance. So yeah, the atmosphere = awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erocrobro View Post
We ate there on the first night of our trip and I honestly think it may have been one of the best meals I have ever eaten. I had the salmon, my dad had the Paddy's Pork and my mom had a filet ( I think). All were delicious, especially the bread at the beginning of the meal. Even the kids meals were great (mac & cheese, chicken tenders, and hamburger). The bread & butter pudding was out of this world delicious. And, yes, it is on the DDP! (making it even better!)
Thanks for commenting on the DDP, I thought it was, but wasn't sure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3apsons View Post
We just ate there on Friday night and hands down one of the best meals of the entire trip. The bread pudding was amazing. I will book here first thing on our next trip. The service was out of this world and the food was just to die for.
I'm so glad everyone has posted positive feedback! Makes me happy to know that it's not just me who likes it. Gives me street cred, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Loving your reviews and photos! We're another family that loves Raglan Road, it's a must-do for us every vacation!
Thanks!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #47
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Sunshine Seasons

I'm so excited to write this review!

On Sunday, it was just Geoff and I for our day-time adventures. We decided that we'd skip breakfast at Sassagoula, and go directly to the Land pavilion so we could snag some Soarin' Fastpasses.

Once we had our Fastpasses, our next stop (which wound up totally derailing our day...but that's another story!) was breakfast!

While the masses took over Epcot, we conquered breakfast!

Needless to say, Sunshine Seasons was pretty empty. So I nabbed a photo of them preparing the chickens for the day:

And a terribly blurry photo of the menu board:

Helpful no?

Now, after all we ate last night, I wasn't terribly hungry. So I didn't want a big breakfast platter or anything. Then I saw this:

I know, it doesn't look like much, but trust me, it's my new favorite breakfast food at WDW...Croissant Berry Pudding. Scooped out, it looks like this:

And it's the reason why I was so excited for this review, it's my new little food find. Basically it's bread pudding made with croissants. And blueberries. And it's fluffy, and light, and soooo delicious. I should have tried it with maple syrup, but by the time I thought of that, I only had a bite left I almost got another one, that's how good it was. So...moral of the story? Next time you're rushing for that Soarin' FP, take a minute to grab some of this when you're done. You'll thank me.

Geoff was boring and got the platter:

He really only wanted French Toast and it was the only thing on the platter he ate. (Why he doesn't believe me when I say I don't eat WDW bacon is beyond me...he really needs to get with the program ) Oh, he also ate the eggs. The rest he really didn't care for. So I sent him back up to grab something else (secretly hoping he'd get more of the pudding...he didn't.)

He did come back with this though:

And I was allowed a bite. So all was forgiven

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #48
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

man that chocolate croissant looks good!
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #49
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the croissant berry pudding! We stumbled on it this past Feb and I was just addicted! Wish I had some last month but it was just easier to eat at the POFQ..but lookout Oct, I plan to eat this alot!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #50
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegsnakkernorsk View Post
man that chocolate croissant looks good!
I always wish they had microwaves around so I could nuke it for a few seconds and get them nice and melty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the croissant berry pudding! We stumbled on it this past Feb and I was just addicted! Wish I had some last month but it was just easier to eat at the POFQ..but lookout Oct, I plan to eat this alot!
Man, I totally missed that you had it too! In fairness, it was during my brief hiatus from the DIS and when I got back I only scanned your reviews. I just went back to find out what you had to say about it and it was about the same as mine!!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #51
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

We have eaten at Raglan Road a couple of times now (but not since 2007) and had good meals there but had read bad reviews over the last couple of years so haven't rushed back. Maybe we will in October though....

That croissant berry pudding looks good though. If Geoff just wanted french toast, why didn't he get the kids french toast ($2 cheaper) Gotta love Sunshine Seasons for a quick breakfast in between rides on Soarin' though
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #52
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
We have eaten at Raglan Road a couple of times now (but not since 2007) and had good meals there but had read bad reviews over the last couple of years so haven't rushed back. Maybe we will in October though....

That croissant berry pudding looks good though. If Geoff just wanted french toast, why didn't he get the kids french toast ($2 cheaper) Gotta love Sunshine Seasons for a quick breakfast in between rides on Soarin' though
I suggested that to him. I order kids meals all the time for myself, he's seen me do it! But he was afraid that they wouldn't let him. And then he justified it by saying he wanted eggs
Old 06-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #53
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Great reviews!

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
August 2014 - POFQ
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #54
tink,too
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your reviews.
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #55
tzeitel
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Great photos Raglan Road looks soo good! I had it on my list of possible ADRs but I am planning for 9 other ppl and was not sure - it is back on the must-have list!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #56
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Hmmm....I had no idea that croissant berry pudding existed!! Holy cow! It sounds wonderful. I think I'm going to have to try and find that recipe online...for sure! I'm all about some bread pudding of any sort Was it a meal or a side dish?

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #57
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Just in case you want to make it at home....here's the recipe link from allears.net

Croissant Berry Pudding!

Enjoy!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 06-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #58
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

That berry pudding does look good!! I am going to try to get that next time I go. Theres no raisins in there is ther??

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #59
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
That berry pudding does look good!! I am going to try to get that next time I go. Theres no raisins in there is ther??
The recipe doesn't call for any...but Onelilspark will have to let you know how Disney really does it

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 06-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #60
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaf516 View Post
Great reviews!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink,too View Post
Enjoying your reviews.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeitel View Post
Great photos Raglan Road looks soo good! I had it on my list of possible ADRs but I am planning for 9 other ppl and was not sure - it is back on the must-have list!
That's a lot of pressure to plan for a group of 10! I think it'll be a hit!

Quote:
Hmmm....I had no idea that croissant berry pudding existed!! Holy cow! It sounds wonderful. I think I'm going to have to try and find that recipe online...for sure! I'm all about some bread pudding of any sort Was it a meal or a side dish?
If I remember right, you could have gotten it for a snack credit.

Quote:
Just in case you want to make it at home....here's the recipe link from allears.net

Croissant Berry Pudding!

Enjoy!
Heather
You are my hero. But heavy cream! There goes the diet Never going to fit into my wedding dress now

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Quote:
The recipe doesn't call for any...but Onelilspark will have to let you know how Disney really does it
Nope, no raisins!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: