Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #91
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

It has been crazy this summer and I am having a hard time keep up with everyone's TR.
I loved the pics of all the animals on the safari in AK. It looks like you guys got up close and personal. Your food pics are great, as always. I was wondering how the new restaurant by Cat Cora was and it looks great. The food looked delish!
Cannot wait to read more!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:21 AM   #92
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I missed your updates while I was away!!! ACK!!!

Good for you for getting up early and making rope drop. Those first two hours in the parks make all the difference!

Glad you found and enjoyed the secret trail. Isn't it tranquil???

You have some incredible photopass pictures- I love that new fern-y background.

I'm glad you tried Tamu-Tamu, too. The food is yummy and the seating is pleasant, even though it is outside.

Do you bring along moleskin when you travel. You can put it onto blisters when they start to form and it really helps.

I am so jealous of your meal at Kouzzina. I so want to eat there! Greek food is my favorite! The cinnamon chicken sounds wonderful. There is a recipe for it kicking around the DIS. I may need to find it and make it!

The picture of the two of you with the desserts at the table is amazing! What a great shot of you two!

Thanks for the description of your Princess and the Frog interaction. Sounds like a blast! I bet they love the change of pace of interacting with adults once and awhile.

It is great to hear that your dream resort is Yacht & Beach. Let me know if you ever need any info, or better still, join our thread- what a friendly caring group of people!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #93
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

I promise I will update soon.... so much has happened in our personal life and I've let it all get to me so I'm really sorry for that. Right now I am in the middle of crazy side effects on my 2nd month of fertility drugs and I'm so cranky I can't even stand to be around myself haha. I work 2nd shift the next 2 nights but hopefully Tuesday I'll have an update ready! Thanks for those of you still sticking it out with me. I really hope to finish my TR before I start school on the 22nd. Then I can start my PTR for my January 2013 trip! (Dee we are hoping for Yacht or Beach for that trip!)
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #94
dtr_angel

Beachy Blizzards

We last left on Day 3 with a yummy dinner at Kouzzina on the Boardwalk, and an evening at the Magic Kingdom.
Sunday 5/22/11
The alarm was set at 8am, and surprisingly I was up at 8:05 so I only snoozed once. This is impressive for me. By 830 we headed up to CL to grab some breakfast which I donít have any pictures of. We had about the same thing every morning Ė a ton of yummy fresh fruit & pastries, DH had his coffee fix and I had some pineapple juice. I definitely overdosed on pineapple at Disney! After breakfast on the CL it was back to our room to get ready for our day. We were at the bus stop by 9:45 and only waited for a few minutes for a bus. What was our destination?

Blizzard Beach! We were super excited since this would be our first visit to a Disney water park. I LOVE water parks. Since today was predicted to be the hottest day of our trip at 96 degrees it was the perfect day for it.
At exactly 10 am we were at Blizzard Beach which is when they open. There was a long line at the ticket counter, so we headed over to a kiosk since we just needed one day passes. We didnít bring a credit card, just our KTTW card that had charging privileges so we werenít sure we were going to be able to use it to buy tickets from the kiosk to save time. DH tried to find a CM to answer the question, and I hopped in line to start waiting in case we had to get our tickets there. After waiting a few minutes DH was able to find someone who said it would work so I hopped out of line and we bought our 1 day passes. After we went through the turn stiles (is that what they are called?) we were finally there Ė it was so exciting!!! We stopped in the Beach Haus to rent a locker. It was $13 for a small locker - $8 for the rental, and $5 for the deposit. Then we headed over to the lockers to put our bag in there. We put sunscreen on before we left the hotel room so we were pretty much ready to go. DH wore a pair of trunks that had cargo pockets so we stuck our disposable water proof camera and locker key in there. We werenít sure what to do about sunglasses or our flip flops. It was really sunny so the sunglasses helped, and the ground was hot so we felt like we needed the flip flops. We decided to take both and see how it went. We got in line for the chair life to head to Mt. Gushmore. DH wanted to go down Summit Plummit so I told him we should do that first because later in the day the wait would probably take longer.

Once we got on Mt Gushmore I realized the only way down was on Summit Plummit, the Slush Gusher, or teamboat springs. Since we obviously didnít think this thing out we decided to head onto teamboat springs first. That was probably my favorite ride! We had to wait since there were only 2 of us but luckily it didnít take long. I believe the wait time said either 15 or 20 minutes but it was easily a walk on at that point. After that we headed back to the locker to drop off our flip flops and sunglasses. The wait for the chair lift was long so we just decided it would be easier to walk up Mt. Gushmore since we spotted some steps while on the chair lift. What a workout! But it was much quicker. Even though I had no intentions of going down Summit Plummit AT ALL somehow I changed my mind and told DH if we didnít do it now, I was going to talk myself out of it. The wait was about 30 minutes, maybe less. It seemed like forever.

Those steps were so far up Ė you could see the top of just about everything in Disney which was cool but didnít help me haha. What also didnít help was that right behind us in line was a teenage girl and guy. The girl was obviously scared and the guy kept saying things like you are going to fall off and die Ė you know annoying things like that. I made DH go first to make sure he lived to tell the story before I took the plunge. I tried not to look down at the slide from the top. As I sat in the water, the CM working told me to move closer and I was like ďI donít want to!Ē I honestly donít remember if I crossed my arms and legs or not. My heart is racing right now just thinking about it! I definitely screamed all the way down. All I can remember feeling was a) the worst wedgie I had ever had in my entire life and b) pain. It actually hurt my back going down the slide. So I finally stopped and when I got up I definitely had the worst wedgie of my life Ė oh my goodness! That was not fun trying to graceful fix that while a bunch of people mostly little boys are standing around! I didnít know until after we were home that somewhere it shows you how fast you were going Ė darn. I waited for the girl behind us to go down since I knew she was scared too to make sure she made it okay. She said the same thing as me Ė it hurt her back. Maybe it was because we were tiny? I donít know. DH didnít have any problems. I was glad I had the guts to do it, but I definitely didnít want to do it again LOL. We decided to walk back up Mt. Gushmore and do the Slush Gusher and finish out the green slope before moving on to another area of the park. Here is the view from the top of the Slush Gusher (DH wishes he wouldíve gotten a picture of me at the top of Summit Plummit or going down it since most people wouldnít believe that I did it)

The slush gusher was a similar experience for me to the Summit Plummit slideÖ it wasnít a straight drop, it had bumps. I did have time to remember to cross my arms and feet this time for sure. It definitely hurt my back and I definitely had a terrible wedgie again. I definitely got air on that last bump and flew which again was painful. They were both fun though, I just only needed to go down once!
After that we decided to go over to the donut shack and get some mini donuts for a snack. The little hut was just opening so we had to wait a few minutes for him to finish making them. We just got plain donuts, it was $3.69 for a half dozen and we shared a bottled water. We had barely used any snack credits by this point so I was bummed that we couldnít use the DDP snack credits. The donuts were so hot & fresh! Some pixie dust Ė there were 7 in there! I could totally go for some of them right now, they were so warm & gooey!

After our snack we decided to climb up Mt. Gushmore one more time to go down Teamboat Springs since I liked it so much. I think the wait was posted at 30 minutes but it moved pretty fast and was maybe 10. We had to wait to join another party since there was only 2 of us.

After that slide we were officially done with the green slope and headed over to the purple slope. We went for the downhill double dipper first. The wait said 30 minutes but I feel like we definitely waited longer than that and I was getting SO impatient! There was a recording that kept coming on that repeated itself. There are 17 seconds in between announcements LOL. It seemed like waiting for a tube to come up is what was backing everything up.

Then after getting the tube, there was still more waiting to do. DH and I went down at the same time and raced. I won, but I donít remember by how much. It was fun but the wait was too long and annoying. Then we decided to stay on the purple slope so we headed up to the Snow StormersÖwhich was honestly organized chaos at best. You go down head first on a purple mat. It was a long slide. The whole time I kept thinking ďI am going head first into a body of waterĒ LOL. After that we decided against the toboggan racers. Itís an 8 lane toboggan slide, similar to the Snow Stormers. Then it was over to the red slope to go down the run off rapids. There are 3 slides either opened or closed. You pick up your tube at the bottom Ė either a single or a double and carry it up a long set of steep steps. There was practically no wait here and we figured it was because it scared off the lazy people LOL. First we went down the open slide on a double raft together. Then we got single tubes and went down the open/closed slide separately. It was a lot of fun. Then we headed on the lazy river for a while.

I absolutely love lazy rivers! It was however hard not to get separated. I always ended up ahead of DH lol. I think we made it all the way around the park at least once. We had looked at a map before getting on the lazy river to see which ďexitĒ we should take to go to the Lottawalla Lodge for lunch. We had checked out the menus and the Lottawalla Lodge seemed to have the best variety. It was 2pm when we got off the lazy river for lunch. Since we paid $100 for tickets for the day, we decided to stay until they closed at 5 to get the most for our money.

We waited around 10 minutes to order our food. I like that the kids meals come in a bucket, that is so cute! I didnít want anything too heavy since we were swimming so I got the chicken wrap with apples, a bottled water and chocolate cake for dessert. DH got the pepperoni pizza, bottled water and a giant chocolate chip cookie. There were a good many tables open, but none of them in the shade or with an umbrella. We finally found a table with an umbrella after waiting a few minutes. We took our time enjoying our meal, and then headed back to the lazy river for a while. I think we circled the park twice before getting out. Once again we headed up Mt. Gushmore and went down teamboat springs. I really liked that slide! We had pretty much done everything in the park by lunch time. The only area we didnít do was the Ski Patrol training camp (for pre teens) and Tikes Peak which was for kids. It looked like fun though! I really wanted to go across that zip line. I canít wait until we have kids so we can play in those areas LOL. Although I told DH, the water park would probably be better for when our kids were older and able to go down slides. If we had to stay at the kid area all day, weíd be better off saving our money and just using the resort pool. After our last trip down teamboat springs, we headed to the wave pool to finish out our day. I love wave pools too! When I was younger we used to go to Busch Gardens/Water Country USA in Williamsburg, VA. I loved the time we spent at Water Country on all the slides and in the giant wave pool. DH and I were able to secure 2 intertubes eventually and had fun floating on the waves. Here are a few pictures from the wave pool (aka Meltaway Bay)

At about 4:45 we decided to make our way out of Meltaway Bay and say goodbye (actually c-ya later) to Blizzard Beach and beat some of the crowd waiting for the park to close at 5. We grabbed our stuff out of our locker and turned in our key to get our deposit back. A bus showed up right away and took us back to AKL. We headed up to CL to grab some snacks

DH loved that Tusker beer.
This guy was outside our window

We were beat from being in the hot sun all day, so at 530 we decided to lay down for an hour and rest. We had an 8pm ADR at the Grand Floridian Cafť and the Magic Kingdom was open until 3 am!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
Old 08-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #95
dtr_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaria View Post
Great updates! I'm finally all caught up. I must say I LOVE the green shirt that you wore on the Epcot day, & the fact that you both wore green and matched haha. And major props for eating so healthy (never mind the chocolate dome and milk shake) at Disney World. Seriously. I struggle to do that on a daily basis at home and on vacation there is no way I will be getting healthy apple slices on my honeymoon... unless they are covered in caramel. I should try to adopt those habits...
Thank you! I've gotten lucky and been able to pick up a lot of Disney tees for DH & I super cheap. I believe that one came from Sears, I know I paid less than $5 for it! I'm not going to lie, I did coordinate DH & I's outfits every day we were at Disney LOL. I wouldn't say we ate super healthy in Disney but I tried to avoid the fries and get apples at the CS restaurants. I have been sans gall bladder for almost 3 years so greasy fried food can really get to me sometimes if I am not careful. I didn't want to feel sick & miserable at Disney! I guess you get used to making healthier choices when you have been doing it for a while, but for me it's more about not feeling sick LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgirl29 View Post
It has been crazy this summer and I am having a hard time keep up with everyone's TR.
I loved the pics of all the animals on the safari in AK. It looks like you guys got up close and personal. Your food pics are great, as always. I was wondering how the new restaurant by Cat Cora was and it looks great. The food looked delish!
Cannot wait to read more!
I know what you mean! I thought I would have all kind of time to keep reading the Dis every day and updating my TR but obviously that isn't going so well for me. I am so behind on all my TR! I definitely recommend Kouzzina, the food was amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I missed your updates while I was away!!! ACK!!!

Good for you for getting up early and making rope drop. Those first two hours in the parks make all the difference!

Glad you found and enjoyed the secret trail. Isn't it tranquil???

You have some incredible photopass pictures- I love that new fern-y background.

I'm glad you tried Tamu-Tamu, too. The food is yummy and the seating is pleasant, even though it is outside.

Do you bring along moleskin when you travel. You can put it onto blisters when they start to form and it really helps.

I am so jealous of your meal at Kouzzina. I so want to eat there! Greek food is my favorite! The cinnamon chicken sounds wonderful. There is a recipe for it kicking around the DIS. I may need to find it and make it!

The picture of the two of you with the desserts at the table is amazing! What a great shot of you two!

Thanks for the description of your Princess and the Frog interaction. Sounds like a blast! I bet they love the change of pace of interacting with adults once and awhile.

It is great to hear that your dream resort is Yacht & Beach. Let me know if you ever need any info, or better still, join our thread- what a friendly caring group of people!
We definitely like the morning EMH. Those first 2 hours do make all the difference! Yes, thanks for the tip - we really liked the trail. I was also glad they added some new backgrounds to the photopass pictures. We did really like Tamu Tamu and I think we will eat there again. I like being able to get a milkshake it really hit the spot in the heat! I have used moleskin before and I should've brought some with me as this happened on our honeymoon. You should definitely convince your family to try Kouzzina on your next trip - especially since it is right on the boardwalk, that is so convenient to your favorite resort! I need to try to find that recipe that chicken was so good. I am definitely dreaming of staying at the Yacht & Beach on our next trip, I hope we can make it happen. I will be joining the thread when it gets closer and I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for advice!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip, I'm so far behind!!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #96
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Wow, you are brave, I would never have the guts to go on Summit Plummet, because of the drop and the wedgie!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #97
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I haven't been on Summit Plummet in quite a few years. The memory of the giant wedgie still lingers......
Old 08-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #98
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As promised- I found the recipe for the Cinnamon Stewed Chicken. I haven't made it yet, but when I do, I will report back!

http://www.magicalmountain.net/WDWDi...x?RecipeID=292
Old 08-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #99
natebenma
DIS Veteran

What a fantastic day you had a Blizzard Beach!

Good for you for braving Summit Plummet /\ \/ !!! I don't like body slides, for the reasons you indicated. Major wedgies, back pain and I don't like the water gushing in my face.

Love the tube slides though and I agree with you- Teamboat Springs family ride is AWESOME!!!

Haven't tried the donuts either, but I hear they are divine!

Were there many photopass photographers out and about?

Nice that you could head back for a quick concierge snack when you were done.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #100
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Oh, and I had major guilt that you stopped by my report and I didn't have the chapter links up yet!

I added those this morning.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #101
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

A friend of mine just returned from their WDW trip last month... they decided to try the water parks for the 1st time. Her DH said Summit Plummit was like getting a wedgie and an enema at the same time!

Sounds like a great day. I haven't been to a water park since I was a kid... same for my DH. And our kids have never been to one. Maybe we'll have to add the water park option next time we go!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 08-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #102
kmaria
Mouseketeer

Great shots! I looooove lazy rivers!! I can't wait to float around in that one.

& You are very brave for taking on the slides. I am brave enough for the shallowest part of the wave pool and the lazy river and that's about it for the water parks haha... I am looking forward to going on some of the "tamer" water rides though. I've never been on them before, not even Kali River Rapids in AK.

And to respond to your response from my last comment, I understand the gallbladder situation! My fiance's mom had hers out and had a really hard time for a few years. I'm sorry you have to go through that! That is a great deal on the shirts too, I'm going to have to check out sears every now and then! I sometimes find some cute seasonal Disney shirts at Target, and they can be really cheap once they banish them to the clearance racks too. Love a bargain! I'm sure I will make my fiance match me at least a few days in disney too
Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #103
dtr_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Wow, you are brave, I would never have the guts to go on Summit Plummet, because of the drop and the wedgie!
I still can't believe that I did it sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I haven't been on Summit Plummet in quite a few years. The memory of the giant wedgie still lingers......
Funny how talk of the worst wedgie EVER isn't all over the Dis. I don't know if I would've done it had I known that LOL.

Quote:
As promised- I found the recipe for the Cinnamon Stewed Chicken. I haven't made it yet, but when I do, I will report back!

http://www.magicalmountain.net/WDWDi...x?RecipeID=292
Ooh thanks!!! I'll have to surprise DH and make it one night - maybe for his birthday this month. If I do make it I'll let you know how it turns out!

Quote:
What a fantastic day you had a Blizzard Beach!

Good for you for braving Summit Plummet /\ \/ !!! I don't like body slides, for the reasons you indicated. Major wedgies, back pain and I don't like the water gushing in my face.

Love the tube slides though and I agree with you- Teamboat Springs family ride is AWESOME!!!

Haven't tried the donuts either, but I hear they are divine!

Were there many photopass photographers out and about?

Nice that you could head back for a quick concierge snack when you were done.
I think the selling point for me was that it didn't end in a deep pool of water. I don't know why but I don't like that after a body slide. I'm not entirely sure I'd ever do it again but hey, I did it once! I do love tube slides, I wish there were more of them. We'll have to check out Typhoon Lagoon because I think they have more than one there. The donuts were top notch, I recommend them. It's sad you can only get them at the water parks! We didn't see any photopass photographers at Blizzard Beach at all unfortunately. I was hoping to find at least one! We saw Goofy in his scuba gear but even he didn't have a photo pass photographer with him. The CL was definitely nice to come home to. When we were there I kept saying how I would never pay that much extra for those snacks (breakfast is really the only meal you can make out of the food at CL) and for the little snacks & drinks we got, I honestly don't think it's worth it. But now that I'm thinking about it... it was really nice so I think it may have spoiled us (just like when we accidentally decided to stay at WL now we might be deluxe snobs!) so I don't know. I don't think DH would go for it. If we did it, I'd probably not do the DP and plan to spend more time around the resort. I think the CL at AKL looks like it was one of the nicer ones. Oh and African Smoothie

Quote:
Oh, and I had major guilt that you stopped by my report and I didn't have the chapter links up yet!

I added those this morning.
no problem!! I plan to fully catch up this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
A friend of mine just returned from their WDW trip last month... they decided to try the water parks for the 1st time. Her DH said Summit Plummit was like getting a wedgie and an enema at the same time!

Sounds like a great day. I haven't been to a water park since I was a kid... same for my DH. And our kids have never been to one. Maybe we'll have to add the water park option next time we go!
Haha wedgie & enema - I can definitely see that! I'm glad we finally took the time to go to a water park, it was really nice especially this time of year. It would be a nice treat for the kids too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaria View Post
Great shots! I looooove lazy rivers!! I can't wait to float around in that one.

& You are very brave for taking on the slides. I am brave enough for the shallowest part of the wave pool and the lazy river and that's about it for the water parks haha... I am looking forward to going on some of the "tamer" water rides though. I've never been on them before, not even Kali River Rapids in AK.

And to respond to your response from my last comment, I understand the gallbladder situation! My fiance's mom had hers out and had a really hard time for a few years. I'm sorry you have to go through that! That is a great deal on the shirts too, I'm going to have to check out sears every now and then! I sometimes find some cute seasonal Disney shirts at Target, and they can be really cheap once they banish them to the clearance racks too. Love a bargain! I'm sure I will make my fiance match me at least a few days in disney too
I love lazy rivers too. I still can't believe I went down Summit Plummit LOL. This trip was actually the first time we went on Kali River Rapids at AK. It was definitely a trip of firsts for us even though it was our 4th trip together. I'm a good bargain shopper so I always pick up Disney shirts for DH & I when I can find them for a good deal. It's harder to find shirts for DH, his came from clearance sales on the Disney store online and one or two of them we got at Walmart for less than $10. It's easier to find shirts for me (and kids if I needed them - I can't wait!) I'm not a fan of Hot Topic normally, but when they run good clearance sales online I buy some of them from there. Walmart has also been carrying a lot of juniors Disney tees for $5 or $6.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #104
dtr_angel

our Grand evening

After our exciting day at Blizzard Beach, we decided to nap for an hour at 530pm. I set the alarm for 6:30 for our 8pm ADR at the Grand Floridian. I didnít get up until 6:55pm to shower and get ready for dinner. DH was REALLY cranky about this and he was really getting on my nerves because he thought we were going to be late. There were baby giraffes and lots of other animals outside of our window! Apparently I donít have any pictures of them though since my DH mustíve been cranky about me napping too long and then not hurrying LOL. We left the hotel room at 7:15 so Iím guessing I looked a hot mess since I didnít straighten my hair (sorry the photopass pictures are going to be horrible then!) We waited for a bus to the Magic Kingdom and I called my parents to kill time. Then we booked it to grab the next monorail to the Grand Floridian. We checked in at 7:59 so thatís an ďin your faceĒ to my DH haha. We waited in the lobby for what seemed like FOREVER! Our buzzer didnít go off until about 8:25, and there were a lot of empty tables so I donít know what that was about. The guy who sat us was very nice and was asking us about our day at Blizzard Beach and whether or not we went down Summit Plummit Ė oh check that out I can say YES! Our waiter was super awesome. His name was Brandon and I was super excited because he was from Salisbury, MD (itís on the eastern shore by Ocean City, MD/Delaware) and that is where one of my brothers goes to school. He had just moved down to FL and was going to college there. Whatís funny is he had a brother that just graduated from FSU which is about 15 minutes from where we live, where DH and I went to school. Small world! Anyway, having an awesome waiter makes the dinner so much better and it made me forget about waiting for about a half hour just to get seated. We were SO hungry by that point too. We both ordered ice teas to drink and they brought us a basket of bread. Before long our meals were out to us.

My options were limited since I donít eat beef & pork. I got the roasted half chicken and it was really good. I wish I wouldíve had a steak though haha. I like beef, and my reasons for not eating beef & pork for the past few months is pretty bogus.

DH had the NY strip steak and loved it. He loves steaks too, and before we left was trying to decide where he was going to have his steak dinner of the vacation because he didnít want to have steak every night. He just wanted one good one. On our honeymoon he ended up eating ribs like 3 times so he didnít want that to happen again.
For dessert I had my heart set on the sampler, but it was for 2. DH didnít want the sampler, I think he had his eye on the chocolate fondue or the chocolate mousse cake. He doesnít like cheesecake so I guess the sampler didnít appeal to him. I donít think he likes Key Lime either. Before we ordered, our waiter brought over a sampler to show us so I think it was over for DH at that point, we ordered it.

He wasnít disappointed. I had the cheesecake all to myself, but we split everything else. Those desserts were so good! The chocolate mousse and the tiramisu were my favorites.

As you can tell, we demolished everything. DH thought it was funny to do this to poor Mickey.
After dinner it was time to head over to the Magic Kingdom since they were having extra magic hours Ė until 2 am I believe. We just missed getting on the monorail blue again, but picked up monorail orange right after that. The bag check lines were really short. Thatís a good sign! We tried to go on the second level of the MK railroad station but then changed our minds and decided to go grab a FP for Space Mountain if we could. We got stuck in front of Caseyís so we ended up watching ďThe Magic, the Memories, and YouĒ. I think the images on the castle are REALLY cool.

I didnít have much luck with pictures turning out, so we took a video. Then since we were already there, we decided to watch Wishes since we had a decent spot. After Wishes, we headed to tomorrowland to get a FP for Space Mountain. I didnít make a note, but Iím sure this wasnít an easy task. Standby for SM was 30 minutes then jumped to 40 while we were standing there and there were no FP available. I decided now would be a good time to grab a cream cheese stuffed pretzel from the Lunching Pad but they were closed. We walked back towards the castle and ďThe Magic, the Memories, and YouĒ was playing again. We decided to get a good spot for MSEP so we could take pictures and video. The railroad station (what do you call that, itís left my mind right now) was roped off but there were a few people up there we we went up and got a seat. While we were waiting for the 11pm MSEP I recalled the day for my trip journal. DH went down to the popcorn stand and grabbed us a bottle of water.

Pictures from our spot in the front of the park.

I love that cupcake on the back! Just a few pictures of MSEP since Iím sure youíve all seen it, or seen pictures of it. Iím not a good photographer. I absolutely LOVE the end of MSEP with all the patriotic floats if I havenít already mentioned that.

Especially since it was Armed Forces Day while we were there. I donít think DH even got me a card, oh well. After the parade we sat for a while and waited for the crowds to thin. Then he headed to the Main St. Bakery for some snacks. DH and I got into an argument so we were giving each other the silent treatment for a while.

We used some snack credits and got a chocolate croissant and a giant cookie to share. We were also tired so that didnít help our moods either. We headed back to Tomorrowland in hopes to ride SM or score a FP. It was 12:07am and we grabbed a FP for 12:40-1:40. What were we going to do for a half hour? How were we going to stay awake? Haha. We headed to Fantasyland to ride the Pooh ride. DH & I are huge fans of Winnie the Pooh & Friends and DH has a soft spot for Pooh bear. Am I lucky to have a great DH or what? I donít think anyone else I couldíve married wouldíve put up with me & my Disney/Disney World obsession. Anyway, the wait said 20 minutes but it didnít take that long. I like the new Pooh ride. The ride itself is the same, but I really like the wait queue and the looks of the outside of ride now. Then we still had some time to waste so we headed over to SM and sat and watched the clock and waited for it to be 12:40

Definitely not a great picture but hey we finally found where you could see them at this time!
We stopped on Main St and got some photopass pictures taken and then we were out. Here are a few of the photopass pictures from the evening.

I have written down that we were back at the hotel around 230am but surely I meant 130am? Either way, itís a good thing we planned to have Monday be our ďsleep in dayĒ What did we have planned? Stay tuned to find out!
Old 08-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #105
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Great updates!!! Love the sampler pics of the dessert!! Those are my weakness!! LOL Glad you had fun at the water park, sounds like the trip has gotten better, since the check in snafu!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: