Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #46
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Oops, I just just forgot to mention we were upgraded to CL? That is a pretty important thing to forget.!

That is awesome! That seems like a much better upgrade to make up for your awful day. What did you think of staying CL? I know you probably didn't get too much use out of the perks since it was a last minute thing, but just a general impression. I feel the need to stay CL at AKL b/c I want to do the Sunrise safari next time, but DH and DD want to stick to a one bedroom at AKL. Such tough choices!

Anyway for CL. I can't wait to see what other important details you forget to mention as you go on
Old 06-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #47
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
I just wanted to do a mini update so you knew I didn't forget about my TR.

We aren't going to forget about you!

Quote:
I am stalling on purpose. I wanted to wait until I had the photopass pictures back. It takes so long to edit them, that site is rediculously slow! I'm a little creeped out by the "bonus" pictures that showed up of just the characters, and then all those pictures of the monkey in AK - what is that all about? LOL. I'm happy to see they have added some new borders since 2009. Overall the pictures were okay, but I guess that's only because I'm NOT photogenic. If I was, I would probably love all the pictures. Our strategy is just to have as many taken as possible and hope we get a few good ones, LOL. I just ordered the disc tonight, so hopefully I'll have the CD next week.
I agree! They really need a better site to edit the photos. I was getting agitated with it as well. I'd hit save and nothing would happen. 5 minutes later, I'd hit save again. Nothing. Then the site would lock up, my IE would shut down, and I'd log back in and I'd have 20 of the pic I was tryig to save.

You'd think with as much as they charge for the CDs, they'd really make a better editing site. It's fine for just viewing, but awful for editing!

Did you not get an email about the bonus content? I was sad that I couldn't add borders to most of them. Some of the Mickey ones I could, but not all, and couldn't add borders to ANY of the other ones.

I ordered mine last night. So let the race begin as who gets theirs first!

(PS: I thought about waiting, but I really wanted to get my TR rolling. I'll do specific PP updates at the end with links in the ToC.)

Quote:
I just wanted to thank each and every one of you who responded to my last update about our awful check in ordeal. I was so nervous about posting our experience, as I thought it would be interpreted as us being whiny, impatient, or serious over-reactors. We definitely loved the savanna view, plus the new room was a lot closer than the first one. It was still a little walk to the lobby, but definitely not as bad. I guess we were spoiled by WL, because our room there was so close to the elevator and the lobby. Have I mentioned yet how huge & confusing getting around AKL was? I mean seriously, I didn't even know I was at Jambo House!

I realized after I did my update that I forgot something important. At some point while we were rushing around to get ready for dinner, DH got our KTTW out of his wallet and I realized they were gold. I freaked out. Apparently DH had forgot to mention that we were upgraded to CLUB LEVEL! I was freaking out in a good way. He was very casual about it, and was like "oh yeah, we get free continental breakfast upstairs I think" Then I explained to him what I knew about CL, and how awesome it was, not to mention how it cost a lot more and how it was a good upgrade. So when I said I didn't remember where DH was when the CM came for turn down service, he went up to the CL to scope it out while I finished getting ready. He grabbed an African beer, I think it was called Tusker. So score one for us - CLUB LEVEL! I felt like a supa-star! We both felt bad though, as an upgrade to CL & a savanna view was a big deal, and we were afraid the CM that did it was going to get in trouble. I also felt horrible that our new room was a handicap accessible room (at least I think it was, the bathroom didn't have a tub and was pretty big) and we were probably taking it away from someone who needed it. But at that point what were we to do, turn it down? Oh well. We both really did feel bad though.
When you first mentioned the Mousekeeper with chocolates, I immediately suspected CL, but couldn't find a mention of it, and thought maybe the manager was just trying to get in your good graces. That's so awesome you were upgraded to CL! I really can't wait to hear about your experience, as AKL CL is my tentative resort for our unscheduled May 2012 visit! And don't feel bad, you guys deserved it after the treatment they gave you! I was honestly sitting here thinking that you should have been given CL for how they treated you, but didn't want to say it and people glare at me for thinking it.

Quote:
I'm subscribing to so many TR right now, LOL. I'm doing my best to comment on them as I read them, but usually I'm in a hurry and then I have to go back and try to remember who I need to comment on. My big pet peeve is when I hit the 'go to first new post' button, it doesn't. I'm not a fan, it makes it harder to keep up!

So in short, sorry for the delay - while I am waiting for my photopass CD, I'm going to start writing so when it arrives I just have to upload & include the pictures. I hope everyone is staying cool and enjoying their summer so far!
I hate not being sent to the actual first new post. I always scroll up (or page back) to see what I missed. But I can't wait to hear more and see your PP pics!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #48
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I can totally empathize with how you must have been feeling when that was happening! I can't believe that happened, but in the end I'm glad it was rectified with getting you a room on CL.

You'll have to let us know if you enjoyed CL.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #49
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

Subbing!!!! So glad I found you!!! I just got back this past Sunday (one week in WDW and one week at the beach) and have been doing a bunch of laundry. Now that I have that caught up, I can get my DIS fix. I am sooo excited to read more!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 05:16 AM   #50
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

My Photopass CD is HERE!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills

Last edited by dtr_angel; 06-18-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #51
Lidian
DIS Veteran

HOORAY FOR THE PP CD! Can't wait to see the pics!

March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 06-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #52
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

I was getting worried about my stay there in dec but im glad it worked out and club level!! Thats awesome! Im so sry about the delay with the rooms but that happened to me last oct at POP. First we requested and at check in my sister's room was ready and ours wasn't so i thought maybe we did not get it. That was fine since it was like 2:30 and check in us at 3. Just like you they said we would get a text. So we go to my sisters room and the doors that join the room are open and obviously, it was ready. the lady did not tell me our room number just the 1st 2 numbers but i just checked with the key and it worked, room ready and all. So it all worked out but what really sucks is that i did not get a text till 7pm and we were well gone to MNSSHP by then!
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #53
dtr_angel

Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Wow, Club Level! That is some upgrade and very cool!
It was so cool, since it's something we would never do on our own - thank you Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Wow! That is an awesome upgrade! I wouldn't worry too much about the CM, I'm sure they probably had permission from the manager.
I hope so! I'd hate for someone to get in trouble for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Club Level!!!

Yup, that's an important detail to leave out!!!

Look forward to reading more of your adventures, after you get your photopass CD.
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Oops, I just just forgot to mention we were upgraded to CL? That is a pretty important thing to forget.!

That is awesome! That seems like a much better upgrade to make up for your awful day. What did you think of staying CL? I know you probably didn't get too much use out of the perks since it was a last minute thing, but just a general impression. I feel the need to stay CL at AKL b/c I want to do the Sunrise safari next time, but DH and DD want to stick to a one bedroom at AKL. Such tough choices!

Anyway for CL. I can't wait to see what other important details you forget to mention as you go on
Haha I guess so I think it definitely made up for it - but again, would have rather not dealt with the drama in the first place, if you know what I mean. No we definitely didn't get to use all the CL perks, which I guess is why we don't see it being worth the extra money - we didn't get the special check in, or even know about the sunrise safari until after we were already home. Your 1bedroom at the BC looked amazing, now unfortunately I want to stay in a 1 bedroom now, I've always wanted to stay in a hotel that had one of those big fancy bath tubs! Oh and I guess I'm not a very good story teller. Hopefully I don't leave anything big out again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
We aren't going to forget about you!

I agree! They really need a better site to edit the photos. I was getting agitated with it as well. I'd hit save and nothing would happen. 5 minutes later, I'd hit save again. Nothing. Then the site would lock up, my IE would shut down, and I'd log back in and I'd have 20 of the pic I was tryig to save.

You'd think with as much as they charge for the CDs, they'd really make a better editing site. It's fine for just viewing, but awful for editing!

Did you not get an email about the bonus content? I was sad that I couldn't add borders to most of them. Some of the Mickey ones I could, but not all, and couldn't add borders to ANY of the other ones.

I ordered mine last night. So let the race begin as who gets theirs first!

(PS: I thought about waiting, but I really wanted to get my TR rolling. I'll do specific PP updates at the end with links in the ToC.)

When you first mentioned the Mousekeeper with chocolates, I immediately suspected CL, but couldn't find a mention of it, and thought maybe the manager was just trying to get in your good graces. That's so awesome you were upgraded to CL! I really can't wait to hear about your experience, as AKL CL is my tentative resort for our unscheduled May 2012 visit! And don't feel bad, you guys deserved it after the treatment they gave you! I was honestly sitting here thinking that you should have been given CL for how they treated you, but didn't want to say it and people glare at me for thinking it.

I hate not being sent to the actual first new post. I always scroll up (or page back) to see what I missed. But I can't wait to hear more and see your PP pics!
You'd think Disney would have a better PP site. It's enough to make you not want to get the dang gone CD just so you don't have to edit it, or not do edits at all. I love them though, and I'm glad to see there has been new borders added since our last trip in 2009. I don't remember an email about the bonus content, but why the heck is there so many pictures of a creepy monkey in AK? LOL DId I already mention that? It was weird. And no, I couldn't add borders to ANY of them.

I thought it was funny that DH thought it was cool to say we didn't want turn down service but take a hand full of chocolates anyway, LOL. I always said yes to it, I figure if they were going to do it I wasn't going to stop them, plus they brought us new towels and stuff. After I realized that I forgot to mention it, I was suprised one of you savvy Disers didn't say - I spy CL since you had turn down service! Funny, I didn't know it either at the time - but then again, I'm the same girl that didn't know I was staying at Jambo House either

CL is really nice, but I don't know that I would pay extra for it. I told DH those are the perks that should be included to everyone that shells out for a deluxe hotel instead of a value or moderate. With the dining plan, and going to the parks most of the day, we didn't eat a lot of the food. Breakfast was super nice though, as we stuffed ourselves full of fresh fruit every morning and CL was closer to our room that walking to Mara to get breakfast. Some mornings we stayed at CL and ate and then headed straight to the park, and some mornings we brought it back to our room and ate on the balcony or while we got ready. So morning was definitely nice with CL. I'm not entirely sure how much extra it is to be CL, so maybe it is worth it - but I have it in my head it's like $1000/extra for a week. Tell me I'm wrong! I told my DH that we got spoiled not paying for breakfast or snacks at the hotel that I might think that we have to stay CL now

I've been really terrible with keeping up with the Dis, I'm still incredibly tired (although I can no longer blame it on vacation lag, as I was calling it) I can't wait to have some energy, this is so unlike me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I can totally empathize with how you must have been feeling when that was happening! I can't believe that happened, but in the end I'm glad it was rectified with getting you a room on CL.

You'll have to let us know if you enjoyed CL.
I am too, I think Disney more than made up for it, CL was definitely awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgirl29 View Post
Subbing!!!! So glad I found you!!! I just got back this past Sunday (one week in WDW and one week at the beach) and have been doing a bunch of laundry. Now that I have that caught up, I can get my DIS fix. I am sooo excited to read more!!!!
Welcome back!!! I hope you had a nice vacation. I hope you start a TR soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
HOORAY FOR THE PP CD! Can't wait to see the pics!
soon!!! And now I can stop stalling my TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
I was getting worried about my stay there in dec but im glad it worked out and club level!! Thats awesome! Im so sry about the delay with the rooms but that happened to me last oct at POP. First we requested and at check in my sister's room was ready and ours wasn't so i thought maybe we did not get it. That was fine since it was like 2:30 and check in us at 3. Just like you they said we would get a text. So we go to my sisters room and the doors that join the room are open and obviously, it was ready. the lady did not tell me our room number just the 1st 2 numbers but i just checked with the key and it worked, room ready and all. So it all worked out but what really sucks is that i did not get a text till 7pm and we were well gone to MNSSHP by then!
Oh my goodness, I cannot believe they didn't text you until 7 pm. At least you knew that your room was ready though! If she had told us our room number when we checked in, we could've tried it and found it was ready a lot sooner. I wish they would've.
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
Old 06-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #54
dtr_angel

I apologize for this wimpy update. I got my photopass CD yesterday and finally got the pictures transferred onto my computer. Now I can stop stalling - yay! I hope to write my next segment and have it posted on Monday night, or Tuesday by the latest.

As I've mentioned I've been extremely fatigued since we came back from Disney - yikes over 3 weeks ago. It's been hard to keep up with doctors appts, work, school (summer school is evil!), house work and everything else going on in my life so I'm sorry. Hopefully it will get better! Unfortunately my two good friends are taking off this week and going to the beach without me, so I have to work every day so I don't see me being well rested anytime soon. After Friday I'll be done with summer school!!! I'm lucky to have a good DH, he's been picking up where I've been slacking whenever he's at home, which with his job isn't very much unfortunately. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far.

We only had a few photopass pictures taken on our arrival night when we breifly slipped into the MK. Here's the only decent one and it's not even that great.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #55
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

I am finally caught up with your TR.
Just wanted to say your pics are fabulous. I, especially, love the one of Nemo. He is such a cutie!
I am so sorry to hear that you had an unmagical arrival. I would have been near tears, too.
What is up with the CMs being so rude!!!
I am glad it finally got rectified and you got a room with a wonderful view and got upgraded to CL. I didn't even know that existed until you told about it. I guess I am not as well versed in everything Disney, yet.
Your PP pic is so great! You and your DH looked great standing in front of the castle. I couldn't even tell you were both irritated and exhausted.
Cannot wait to read more!!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #56
Lidian
DIS Veteran

I think its a beautiful PP picture! You guys look fabulous!

Can't wait to read the update! (And glad you got your CD.) Hope you feel rested soon!!

Old 06-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #57
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Ya'll look great!!! I like that pic in front of the castle!!!

Old 06-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #58
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Awww, I think it's a great photo of you guys!

Yay for getting the CD... hoping to see lots more great pics!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 06-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #59
Chaitali
Mouseketeer

Sorry you've been so exhausted lately I hope you get a chance to rest and feel better! Yay for getting the photopass CD. I look forward to seeing more photos
Old 06-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #60
dtr_angel

Hey... I'm sure everyone has lost interest in my trip report by now, and I can't say that I'd blame you if you do. Life has been crazy lately, to say the least. My best friend had surgery last week (she's fine.) Over the weekend my grandmother was admitted to the hospital, and she lives over an hour away so if I was exhausted before, I don't even know what to call myself now. To exhaustion and beyond! She's home today but well, it's all a long story. My family could definitely use a lot of prayers right now, especially my grandmother for her continued healing! Plus I've been working full time, which I am not used to, my online summer class turned out to be a nightmare (it's over as of last Friday thank goodness!) and this week is inventory week at work (booo) and bible school week at church and I'm helping out. Thursday I am hopefully going to go float on the river with friends which I desperately need to do now to de-stress, if I can go and be back before bible school. Friday is NOTHING! Whew! I have my next update about ready to go, but I need to add in the links for my pictures which is time consuming. Anyway, enough complaining & excuses. I also just started fertility treatments (yay, after 3 long years of hoping, waiting, praying, and not having a baby we can hold in our arms on this Earth) so there is a lot going on here! We could use lots of prayers, as having a husband that works away at a time like this is well, less than convenient! I hope I'm not fibbing this time when I say my next update will be up on Thursday. I hope everyone is doing well, I have so many trip reports to read & catch up on later this week - I'm so sorry!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: