Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #151
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Lots of News!

I just wanted to say thank you to OhMari for unlocking this thread for me!!

It took me a while to figure out why I could not reply or make a new post and I came to the conclusion that it was because I marked my TR "Complete" and it was moved to the Completed TR forum and locked. Anyway, lots to update on!!!

I was pinned as a nurse on December 16th

and graduated with my ADN on December 17th. So excited to be done! I had a job interview on the 14th and since I am already a hospital employee I found out on the 16th that I had a full time job! It was such a hard secret to keep, everyone else didn't start getting the calls until this past week.

If I haven't mentioned it before, my husband (Daniel) is a railroader and time off is very hard to come by. In 2012 he has 2 weeks of vacation but he has to put his bids in by the end of November. Our original plans the last time I updated were to go on our first cruise the last week in January before starting my new job in February. It was a carnival cruise leaving from Baltimore which meant no airfare, and a whole day in Epcot while stopped at Port Canaveral! In November I had to go to a new graduate reception at the hospital and they decided this year they would hire new nurses in January. Not sure exactly when in January, we decided the safe bet would be to not plan for a January vacation. Since Daniel gets so little time off of work I would have felt terrible if he took a week in January and we had to cancel the cruise because of my new job. Since he had to put his bids in before the end of November, he ended up choosing weeks around our anniversary in May/June, and the second around the end of Sept/Oct. We still don't know which weeks he is going to get but I hope to know soon - I need to plan SOMETHING! haha. Well wouldn't you know it, on Friday 12/23 I got a call from the nurse recruiter that I wouldn't be starting my new job until February 13th. We could've went on our cruise after all. But after we found out I was pregnant it didn't seem like such a bummer after all...

I found out around midnight on November 21st that I was pregnant! We are so excited, you have no idea. It has been an impossible secret to keep. I had my first appointment on 12/22, and the next night we had our first ultrasound where we saw one very healthy...well, blob. But it was a cute blob with a HR in the 170s.

baby at 8w2d!

Since the timing was so perfect, we decided to tell my parents on Christmas Eve after dinner, church, and opening presents. I said I wanted to get a family picture, and DH grabbed the camera. But instead of taking a picture, he had our digital camera set to video and he said "on the count of 3, everyone say Melissa's pregnant!" everyone just stood there like they were actually getting their picture taken LOL. My mom kept looking at me, and my grumpy brother was like "can we just take the picture already?" LOL, not the reaction we were expecting, but after I told my mom it was true she laughed and cried and was a mess LOL. We ended up not telling Daniel's mom because she can't keep a secret. I just didn't want anyone but family to know until we were out of the first trimester. He's coming with me to my 12 week appointment and then we plan to tell his family after that. I will be 16 weeks when I start my new job and I have to tell my new boss that I have met like 3 times that I'm pregnant so I can go to my 16 week appointment on my lunch break the next day, LOL. Not looking forward to that!

I am itching to go to Disney so bad this year that I can't stand it. Unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. During Daniel's first vacation I'll be too pregnant, and his second the baby will be far too little to travel with. I'm bummed, but we also decided after looking at all of the Fantasyland expansion and the new value that we should wait until it's done to go back. Originally we had planned on going with my parents & brothers in January 2013 before they both start classes for the semester. Baby will probably only be 5 months old so not sure if that's a good idea. Right now the plan is April/early May of 2013 but unless we wait until the brothers are done school for the semester in May, or we can convince my parents to go - we might be doing it alone with a baby - scary! My mother's big hold up about planning a Disney trip is she thinks she is paying for it and isn't sure she can afford it (Daniel and I want to pay for it, but she doesn't like that idea) and she wants to push a stroller with her grandchild in it - Hopefully that will be enough to get her to go. It would be awesome if we could all go, but we'll see what happens. As much as we like the Deluxes, I think we are going to stay at the new Art of Animation. If we go with all of us (parents & brothers) the plan is to get a suite for Daniel, baby, brothers & I... and my parents will get a standard room in the little Mermaid building where we can't hear my dad snoring I hope to start a PTR soon but for now I'll just throw ideas here.

In other Disney news, Daniel and I finally saw Cars 2 last night. It was really cute! But the story line I think would be really complex for a young child to get but we both liked it. I also placed an order on DisneyStore.com since they have a sale, and I had merchandise credit to use....

The Space Mountain play set! Boy or girl, we already have plans to order the Castle, monorail, Contemporary, and Hollywood Studios/Sorcer's hat sets LOL. Of course it will be years before they can play with them, but maybe I'll just have to test them out first haha

and a severely overpriced Walt Disney Railroad tracksuit since my hubby is a conductor. Even if it's a girl she will wear this

Last night it was only available in 36 months but now they have 18 months...sadly I'll probably order that one too if they can't switch it LOL.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well - I am slowly catching up on trip reports after a little haitus from here. Now I am getting my Disney fix

A few pictures from a "photo shoot" in October

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for a great 2012!

Old 01-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #152
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

my goodness congrats on everything and a baby! aww i love to see good things happen to people. congrats on school too. i got pinned as a respiratory therapist in December as well! I wish i was lucky as you to have job. Good luck with everything!
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #153
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your news!!! Both the pinning, the new job, but especially your pregnancy! I know how much you are looking forward to the baby!!!

Glad you came and unlocked and then updated us with your news!

Wishing great health to you and a very happy 2012!

Dee
Old 01-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #154
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Major congrats on EVERYTHING!!! Too much to list! SO GRATS GRATS GRATS!!!!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 01-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #155
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I am so glad you were able to unlock your thread so you could do an update.

Congrats on your pinning, getting a full time job and most of all congrats on your pregnancy. I remember reading how much you guys were looking forward to having a baby and I am so happy that it worked out for you.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #156
dtr_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
my goodness congrats on everything and a baby! aww i love to see good things happen to people. congrats on school too. i got pinned as a respiratory therapist in December as well! I wish i was lucky as you to have job. Good luck with everything!
Thank you! Congratulations on your graduation as well, I hope you get a job soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Congratulations on your news!!! Both the pinning, the new job, but especially your pregnancy! I know how much you are looking forward to the baby!!!

Glad you came and unlocked and then updated us with your news!

Wishing great health to you and a very happy 2012!

Dee
Thank you so much! We are definitely looking forward to finally being our own family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Major congrats on EVERYTHING!!! Too much to list! SO GRATS GRATS GRATS!!!!
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I am so glad you were able to unlock your thread so you could do an update.

Congrats on your pinning, getting a full time job and most of all congrats on your pregnancy. I remember reading how much you guys were looking forward to having a baby and I am so happy that it worked out for you.
Thank you so much!!

Old 01-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #157
dtr_angel

Trip Planning!

So it's a good thing that everything worked out how it did... Originally I was supposed to start my nursing job TODAY. I gave pretty much all my shifts away in my current department as my last day was planned for Jan 2nd to give me time to take my state boards this week before starting the new job. I found out about 2 weeks ago that our orientation was being moved to February. I'm only working the minimum that I have to in my current department so I could do some serious cleaning and organizing of my house before starting a full time job (we're hoping to put our house on the market soon and buy something bigger if it works out) plus it would allow me time to study (oops haven't started yet!) well my morning sickness seems to be getting worse instead of better so most days I have spent being very nonproductive on the couch. Today was one of the worst - I can't even imagine trying to sit through an 8 hour orientation class with how violent my vomiting was all morning. Yikes. Luckily Daniel was home to get me my magic food... Long John Silver's chicken planks, fries, and hush puppies. I just have to eat what works right now LOL.

Yesterday was my brother's birthday and we were all together at my parents to celebrate. I thought this would be the perfect time to bombard them with Disney trip planning and get some input on things. Unfortunately nobody is as excited about it as Daniel and I are, but now that there is a grandchild involved I think my parents are more on board. My dad was either sick or in a bad mood, he was about the only one that didn't seem 100% about it and that made me sad. Anyway, this is the plan right now...

Staying at Art of Animation in 2 rooms. Very excited about this!
1 suite for me, Daniel, and our 5 month old (are we crazy?) and my brothers (brother 1 will turn 25 on day 2 of trip, brother 2 will be 3 months shy of 21)

my parents will stay in a standard Little Mermaid room. My dad snores terribly and nobody wants to share a room with him, LOL. Unfortunately that puts us in different buildings but I will just have to try to request a suite in whatever building is closest to the Little Mermaid building.

Right now we're looking at going Monday Jan 7th and flying home on Saturday morning the 12th. If my predictions are correct that will probably be marathon weekend so we have to get out of there! I think 5 nights will be enough for this trip since there will be so many of us (don't want to be on vacation overload) and plus we'll be traveling with a baby for the first time. I know my mom is stressing about how she will pay for her share (she thinks she is paying for her, my dad, and both brothers) but I noticed there was free dining offered for our stay dates this year so I hope there is free dining next January too. Although with my luck it won't start until after marathon weekend. Hopefully we'll be able to work the dates out. Brother 1 doesn't start school until the end of the month (this year it is Jan 30th) but brother 2 will go back probably Thursday the 17th.

The plan is for me, Daniel, baby, and brothers to fly. My mom has never flown before and is afraid to fly. Yesterday she was very insistent that she was flying, but my dad said he is driving. I think it will actually be better if they drive. I just fear that my mom with either decide to be brave and fly and seriously have a heart attack on the plane or a serious panic attack, or chicken out and lose her $$. If we end up flying out on a Monday, they could leave on Sunday, take their time and drive to GA, stay over night and then drive the rest of the way in on Monday and meet us as the hotel. It would also save us from having to check bags and pay baggage fees as they could bring stuff with them in their SUV (our luggage, bouncer/stuff for the baby, bottled water and snacks for the room) so hopefully they will decide to drive

Anyway, I think that is all as far as trip news goes now.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #158
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear about the morning sickness. Hopefully that will pass soon.

Your trip sounds great. It will be nice to have your famiy along for the first trip with the baby. It will be great if your parents drive and they can bring down all the extra stuff.

AOA looks so cool. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. And now I'll get to see all of your pictures that you take when you write your TR
Old 01-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #159
dtr_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I'm sorry to hear about the morning sickness. Hopefully that will pass soon.

Your trip sounds great. It will be nice to have your famiy along for the first trip with the baby. It will be great if your parents drive and they can bring down all the extra stuff.

AOA looks so cool. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. And now I'll get to see all of your pictures that you take when you write your TR
I just hope we aren't crazy for trying to take a 5 month old to Disney. Hopefully with help the trip will go smooth! I can't believe how excited I am to try AOA. I thought staying at WL & AKL would turn us into Deluxe snobs LOL. Definitely exctied about writing this TR, we've been trying to get my family to go to Disney with us for a few years now! Hoping it all works out.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #160
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good start to your trip planning. I think taking a 5 month old will fine. You wouldn't want to go when the baby is first born, because you will still be recovering and you won't want him/her around big crowds. But at 5 months the baby will probably not be mobile (crawling or rolling) and that is a good thing!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #161
dtr_angel

Trip is DEFINITELY on! Just nailed down the dates last night. PTR started this morning. Now that I am in Disney planning mode I should be around more... Sorry I've been slacking and I have so many TR to catch up on soon!!!

Loving the new job, but it's kicking my butt working full time!!! So much to update on, follow me to the PTR! (link in signature!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: