Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #136
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Day 7 Part 3

Before we left, we had thrown around a few CS restaurants at HS that we hadn’t tried before. On our first trip to Disney on our honeymoon, we ate at ABC Commissary and Backlot Express and didn’t really care for them. The next 2 trips we ate at Pizza Planet, which we loved but needed to try something different. Plus getting a table there is near impossible. On our last trip, it was DH’s birthday on our HS day and we had to stand up and eat at a chairless table at Pizza Planet because people were being so rude. Anyway….On our list was Fairfax Fare, Studio Catering Company, Catalina Eddie’s, and Rosie’s. First we headed down Sunset Blvd to check out those places. Eddie’s… pizza. If we were going to have pizza, we’d go to Pizza Planet. Fairfax Fare looked good, but at this particular time I wasn’t eating pork or beef and I didn’t want ½ a chicken or a salad… moving on. Rosie’s… burger or chicken nuggets. Nah. So we headed back through Pixar Place to Studio Catering Company. We were both happy with what they had, so DH got in line to order and I grabbed us a table.

We both had the buffalo chicken sandwich with apples. I got bottled water, and DH got either a soda or tea, I can’t remember which. He had the chocolate cake, and I had the marble cheesecake. It was really good! I was happy with our choice. I think this is the first CS meal of the trip that I couldn’t finish. I think eating nonstop for 7 days was finally catching up with me, I couldn’t finish the sandwich. I ate most of my dessert though, LOL.
This was the view from our table… right next to the HISTK playground!

With full bellies we headed to (finally!) catch the 1130 show of the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. In 4 trips, this was the first time we were seeing it – I was so excited! I love this movie.

I only took a few pictures, they didn’t turn out that great. I think DH recorded the show. Once again, no warning – it rains cold water in the theater!!

We stopped in the Villain’s shop and grabbed a carrot cake cookie to go with a snack credit. DH LOVES carrot cake!

Then we stopped at Starring Rolls and grabbed a red velvet cupcake (my favorite!) to go with a snack credit. It was about 2pm and we were hot and tired. We headed out of the park. There was a long line for the bus to AKL for a change, so I guess everyone had the same idea as us. My cupcake didn’t fit in a box all the way, so I had to hold it and the top was open. When I got on the bus the driver was eyeing it, and I smiled because I thought he was going to say what everyone else had said – that looks amazing. No, he tells me I can’t eat it on the bus. Well buddy, I wasn’t going to try! Ugh. When we got back, we headed up to CL to grab something to drink.
Here are the PhotoPass pictures from our HS day.

Next up… it’s 2pm, so it’s probably time for our nap right? Wrong! Stay tuned!!!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
Old 09-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #137
dtr_angel

Day 7 Part 4

So we had just gotten back from our day at HS. We were hot and tired. After grabbing something cold to drink at CL, we headed back to our room to change for the pool! Now I have to tell you a story. On the first or 2nd day of the trip, I somehow got this giant blister on the pinky toe of my left foot. It was constantly uncomfortable walking, and this sucker kept getting bigger. If I was my DH, I would’ve thought I was exaggerating how huge it was. He laughed at me about everyday because I kept trying to take pictures of it (don’t worry, I won’t post them LOL) I think we he finally looked at it, he was like holy crap! That thing is HUGE! And I was all like yeah, I know that’s what I was sayin’! Anyway, at this point I was annoyed that it was getting bigger and hadn’t busted. I didn’t have anything sterile or I would’ve popped it at some point, but I didn’t want to risk it getting infected because that would’ve been worse. So we’re on our way down to the pool. I’m wearing my flip flops, and at some point before we find a chair to put our stuff on, my foot feels wet. Seeing as though we are close to the pool, I assume it’s you know – water. Well we stop and put our stuff down and I realize my blister finally busted! It was like instant relief. I was so happy!!! We swam in the pool until just before 4pm. On our way back into the lodge, we stopped in the gift shop to get some triple antibiotic cream for my former blister. It was seriously like $8 for a tiny tube that I could get back home for about $1 but c’est la vie. We headed back up to the CL to grab a snack to hold us over until dinner. In my notes I have “looking for camera battery” so I can only assume that some chaotic moments followed looking for a missing battery for the camera. I also noted that at 430pm, it was 94 degrees. Yes, it was a hot week!

That is the carrot cake cookie we got from HS. I believe this thing made the trip home with us, and DH ate it after we got home LOL. It’s more like a gob, if you know what that is – really soft outside. DH had the Tusker beer that he really liked, and I had an African Smoothie. We tore into that bad boy cupcake from HS. I tried my darndest to get a good picture, but this is the best I could do.

It was SOOOOOO good. I’m dreaming about having another one!
None of our friends were out on the savanna.

It looks like the camera battery was found, horray! We left for the bus stop at 530.

It was really hot, but breezy. Everything felt perfect. I was getting sad for the first time that we were leaving Disney. I spent most of the trip worried about leaving Nemo for the first time. There was hardly anyone else at the bus stop, and a nice guy took this picture for us. It’s one of my favorites from the trip.

Our ADR was for 6:30 in Epcot. I really wanted to get there early to catch a character meet & greet before they ended for the day, since we didn’t get to the day before. We got to Epcot at 6pm, cutting it close. We stopped for a few photo pass pictures. We headed to the World Showcase.

The wind was blowing, my hair didn’t stand a chance!

I didn’t exactly get my perfect picture in front of the fake Eiffel Tower. We headed over to France to check in for dinner. I stayed in line for Marie who was coming right back and I was the 2nd in line. DH said our table was ready, but asked if they could hold it for a few minutes. I finally got my picture with Marie!

I was bummed that it was such a terrible picture after all we went through to get it!

Then we headed back to Chefs de France to wait for our table. I loved this restaurant! Our waitress was really sweet and really attentive.
We both ordered iced tea to drink, and she brought us some bread.

We both ended up getting the Prix Frix 3 Course Menu.

I had the French onion soup. I had never had it before, I figured France (or fake France) was the best place to try it. It was soooo good. I couldn’t finish it though.

DH had the lobster bisque which he said was really good. He also had some of my French onion soup and he agreed that it was really good French onion soup since he knew more about it than me.

For my entrée I had the baked macaroni and cheese. It was sooo good. I couldn’t eat it all though after the bread, and the soup. The portion sizes were huge.

DH had the salmon. I had a bite of it, it was really good.

For dessert I had the chocolate mousse cake. It was really good!

DH had the “Profiteroles au chocolat - Puff choux with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce” which he said was amazing.

We were stuffed. I didn’t even know if I could go on stuffed. It was amazing, and the perfect end to our week at Disney. We had talked about getting a snack – either school bread in Norway, or something yummy from the caramel shop in Germany, but we didn’t want to walk all the way around LOL. We also were on a mission to get something and had to rush to the Magic Kingdom and time was of the essence.
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #138
dtr_angel

Day 7 Part 5

We stopped in the UK to have our pictures taken with Pooh & friends. The spot is very hidden, but we finally found it. It was 8pm. There was no wait!

While we were having our pictures taken, I commented to DH that Tigger didn’t hug me. When we were done, he grabbed a hold of me and gave me a huge hug LOL. DH and I always comment on how bright Tigger is… he needs toned down haha. After we said goodbye to Pooh & Tigger, our mission was seriously ON! We rushed to the front of Epcot to grab a monorail to the MK. I believe this was only the 2nd time on our trip we used the monorail. The first time was to go from MK to GF for our dinner ADR. We were on the monorail by 8:15.

We arrived at the MK at 8:30.

My DH is the one who wrote the trip notes for this day, and he said “We arrived at the MK at 8:30 just like I said we would” so I must’ve said it would be later until we got there LOL. Next he says we “walked quickly and dodged many to get to the Pooh store”.

I had to have that Tigger onesie! I first saw it when we rode the Pooh ride. I saw it again in DD, but they only had 12m and I wanted the smallest one they had. Luckily they had a smaller size. We also ended up getting this Tigger rattle because it was so cute.

The guy that checked us out was so funny, he said he had to put it in a big bag because Tigger would bounce LOL.

I just wanted to get a little something from Disney for our future baby since our next trip to Disney will hopefully be baby’s first Disney trip. *praying*
We wanted to grab a dole whip before we left. As we walked by IASW, there was no line so we jumped on. This will be the moment that DH will never let me live down… okay so in 4 trips, we had never done this. I don’t particularly like it but I just felt like we had to ride it!

We had a good laugh at what some of the dolls were doing, lol. It seemed like the ride took forever, like it was never going to end. Okay, now we had to move it. Since DH’s legs are longer he decided he would run to Aloha Isle, and I’d meet him there. I took my time. I think this was the first time we had ever split up in Disney. When I got to Liberty Square, it was realllly dark because Wishes was going on, so I guess the lights were dimmed. It was so dark I didn’t think I’d be able to find my way through the short cut to Adventureland. DH and I were just talking about this yesterday, and he says that he had already been to Aloha Isle and back and found me near the Haunted Mansion. I seem to remember crossing over into Adventureland and meeting him somewhere near Pirates. I’m not sure which one is true LOL. We didn’t get our Dole Whips, Aloha Isle was closed. That is what DH won’t let me live down. How I made us ride IASW and we didn’t get Dole Whips LOL. I told him we never had to ride IASW ever again LOL. We headed to the Main St. Bakery and bought a

“big honkin’ cinnamon roll” as DH calls them.

We ran into the Emporium around 9:20 and I grabbed a birthday present for my mom. Her birthday was the next day. Her name is Alice, so she has a soft spot for Alice in Wonderland so I wanted to get her something from Disney with Alice on it. I ended up getting her a tea mug that was really cute. I wanted a set that came with a saucer that I saw in Downtown Disney but they didn’t have it. Yes, I learned a lot this trip about shopping – if you want something, get it THEN. Don’t wait! Around 930 we said goodbye to the MK. It seems like we start and end our trips at the MK. There were huge crowds at the bus stop. We didn’t make the first bus that came. Something that bothered me, was that there were two people in ECVs waiting to board the bus. The bus driver didn’t load either one of them onto that bus! I have no idea why, but I thought it was rude unless there was some reason. We made the second bus, and our driver loaded the ECVs on first. The bus was really full. It was 10:05 when we got back to the AKL. We ran up to CL and grabbed some milk for the morning. We dropped our bags off in our room, and then headed to the Mara.

We used our last 2 snack credits on fruit to have for breakfast in the morning. We stopped at the front desk and paid our balance (the stuff that we had charged to the room during the trip) then we headed back to our room to pack. By midnight, it was finally time to get some sleep. Our DME pick up time was 6 am.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:20 PM   #139
dtr_angel

Day 8 - Departure

Our alarm was set for 4am, and we got up at 4:35. It was way too early, even for Disney. Especially for leaving Disney!

I was very excited to get home to our furbaby Nemo, and see my momma for her birthday. We had to call to pay our baggage fees over the phone since we were using DME. We left our room at 5:54.

We checked out, and checking it with the airline. Everyone was so nice. The guy that took our bags had no idea where “Morgantown” was and he was cracking us up. There was only 1 other person on the bus with us. We left at 6:05. After stopping at Pop around 630, our bus was pretty much full and we headed to the airport. I don’t have any more notes, so I am going to have to go from memory for the rest. The security line was long. We didn’t have to deal with this on the way down since we flew out of a small airport. I remember DH commenting on how he wished there was a FP line for airport security LOL. Once we got through and waited for our flight, DH ate his big honkin’ cinnamon roll, and we each had a fruit cup. That’s really all I remember. We got to Dulles and found our next gate. Our flight gate was changed like 5 times. It was also delayed. We asked at the desk about the gates being changed and they seemed to have no clue. At one point it came up on the screen that the flight to MGW was boarding so we ran and asked them if the plane that was board was ours and they still seemed to have no clue what was going on. There were other people in the same boat as us. I was so nervous that our flight had left without us. I don’t remember what finally happened, but our plane did show up and we got on it. I think it was probably about an hour late. After we got on the plane everything was fine. Apparently the plane they were supposed to pick us up in had an issue so they had to go to the hangar and get another one. You could tell this was definitely an old plane. The planes that fly in and out of the small airport we used this time are a lot smaller, so we hit a lot of turbulence. The flight is only about 45 minutes from wheels up to down so not bad at all. It definitely beats driving 2.5-3 hours each way in traffic, paying $100 for parking, and dealing with crowds. We plan to fly from there from here on out, it was awesome. After we grabbed our luggage, we headed out to our Jeep that was in the very first parking spot, LOL. Then we headed to Sonic to grab some lunch before driving home. We hit some rain, but I was happy to see some mountains! It was somewhere near 4 or 5pm when we got home. We said our hellos to Nemo and we were so tired, so we took a very quick nap and then headed over to my parents house to see my mom for her birthday and have dinner.

Wow, I didn’t think I’d ever finish this TR! Thanks to all of you who read it and stuck around. We have exciting news, our next trip to Disney is a year sooner than we’d thought so I will be starting a PTR soon. I’m sorting through the videos now, if there is anything good I will post them after I upload them.

See ya real soon!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #140
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Wow, that was a mega update!

It is always a bit annoying when you are running behind schedule and things just don't seem to be going your way. You guys turned things around though and it sounds like you had a really great last day!

I loved the Animation Academy drawings.

You traded Dole Whips for Small World?!

I enjoyed following along on your TR. Best of luck finishing school and starting your family!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #141
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Wow, you must have just wanted to be done with this TR.

Love all the updates. That Tigger outfit is too cute. I thought about being something for our future baby but I am always afraid to jinx myself. I was at Target or Walmart a few months back and they had so many adorable Disney onesies, it was hard not to buy them all. I haven't seen any lately.

I can't wait to hear what exciting news you have and where you are staying next time. It will be hard to beat AKL CL. I haven't been reading any Pretrip reports since once my trip is over next month I won't be able to get on the Dis much due to Disney withrawl but I am sure I can keep up with your updating schedule.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #142
natebenma
DIS Veteran

GREAT TRIP REPORT!

I was way behind- lots to do with the boys starting school and all of our fall activities- flag football, theatre, PTA, etc!

I'm glad you enjoyed Yak and Yeti. We ate there in 2008 and had really good meals. Didn't try the fried wontons, but they sound heavenly.

Very clever breakfast the next day- leftovers from Y&Y and Zebra Domes! That works!

You did a lot of things at HS that I have never done:

Animation Academy- every year I say "This is the year" and it isn't- I love your Eyore drawing!!!

Butterfinger (or any) cupcake. Need to add Starring Roles to our "to do" list

Buzz and Woody Meet and Greet- I love the pictures I have seen from the queue and your pictures with them are awesome!

Woo-hoo on getting the cowboy scene during GMR. Finally saw that last year for the first time.

Your picture of Ariel in VoTLM is really good.

Loved your mad dash to MK- so sorry you missed out on the Dole Whips The tigger onsie is adorable! And orange, so it works for a girl cub or a boy cub!

Wow, I am so happy to hear you have another trip to Disney planned and I look forward to reading all about it! Also hope that you have some happy news to share with us soon! Fingers crossed for you and your husband!

Thanks again for sharing your trip!

Dee
Old 09-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #143
PetersonFamily
We love Disney!

Just wanted to say I read your entire TR just now and really enjoyed it! I can't imagine going through the check-in process ya'll did. I was picturing our family (with 3 young kids) sitting around all day waiting. I would have been livid and not very nice! We had a similiar disheartening situation at Akershus in Norway. I think it's that we plan and fantasize about these vacations for so long and when something goes wrong it's like "How dare you ruin my vacay?!??!" I was in tears also standing in line waiting to be seated, so I can sympathize with you. Also, I LOVED the Tigger onesie!!

July 1992 - CBR
July 1995 - CBR
Nov 2002 -Honeymoon at Poly
Nov/Dec 2010 - CSR
June 2014 - Poly

Our Nov/Dec 2010 PTR!!
So Much Time & So Little To Do. Wait. Strike That. Reverse It.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #144
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

There must be something in the air at HS... that is the park where our one (and only) meltdown has happened!

I did the Animation Academy for the first time on my trip... I don't know why we never did it before! It was a lot of fun. Wish we had drawn Eeyore, though! (We had Jiminy Cricket the first time, the Mickey the next)

I'll keep my eyes open for your PTR!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 10-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #145
dtr_angel

My laptop died Luckily I was able to get the hard drive off of it, but I've been using DH's laptop and I just don't like it LOL. My new one is hopefully going to be shipped soon, so I'll update on our next trip when I can! I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #146
dtr_angel

I am so close to being an RN! I'll be taking my last final on 11/15, and I get pinned on 12/15. So much to do in the next 5 weeks though - 7 exams, 2 more 12 hour clinical rotations, care plans... I think we are down to only 6 nights of lectures though. After we're done with lectures, clincals, and finals we have about a month of leadership and preceptorship that should hopefully be fun. Anyway....

I got my new laptop last night. I wanted to update on our next trip! I don't think it's enough to warrant it's own pre-trip report so if it's okay I'll just update about it here. We decided managed to plan a non-Disney vacation... but found a sneaky way to go to Disney anyway We're going on our first cruise in January! We're leaving from Baltimore, so we only have about a 3 hour drive, no flights or airfare! We're going to the Bahamas and it's 7 nights. We have a port of call at non other than... Port Canaveral! It was either a day at Cocoa Beach (I was stationed there so it would be nice to take DH there for the day) but we decided a day at Disney sounded awesome. It's our sneaky way of getting a Disney fix without going to Disney again so soon. So I guess yet again we will have our "last visit to Disney just the two of us" I've been saying that for oh about 3 trips now! Anyway, we'll have somewhere around 9am-7pm at ONE park. How do you pick one park? We easily eliminated Animal Kingdom. For some reason, it's my least favorite and if I only get one park, it's not going to be AK. Although there is a lot we haven't explored there. Our first thought was Hollywood Studios. On our trip in May we spent very little time there since we decided to avoid the SWW crowds. The more we thought about it, the more we realized how bored we would be since it will not be busy like we are used to. I hope to be pregnant on this trip so I won't be able to ride anything except TSM I believe. Not that I ride ToT or RnRC anyway though LOL. But DH loves those rides and he hates to ride alone. After looking at our HS map, we realized spending an ENTIRE DAY at HS would not work for us. We are used to that break in the middle of the day and park hopping so this is going to be a new experience for us. Then we thought about Magic Kingdom. We like to start and end our Disney trips here and it feels the most like Disney to me. I really thought we would HAVE to go to MK on our one day or it wouldn't feel right. But we spend the most time here on all of our trips. After talking about it for a while, we decided since we are going to have so much time since we would be staying at the park all day that Epcot seemed like the best fit for us. DH thinks if I am pregnant it will also be perfect so I can eat my way around the world Well I'm going to do that anyway LOL! The only thing I would have to miss out on is TT, Soarin',and Maelstrom. Everything else is a go. Plus the food and snacks!!! We have a tenative plan, so I will update on our plans for our Epcot day next!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #147
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on being so close to your nursing degree. Good luck on all of the work/exams in the next month.

Very exciting trip plans!

What cruise line are you using? Have you checked out the cruise critic website? Great info board, like the DIS.

Love your plan to spend a day at EPCOT! Definitely some good reasoning in choosing that park. There really is enough to see there to last a day. We did a one-day at MK in July. It was amazing, but really greuling (in a good way).

Keep us posted on all your plans!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #148
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Congrats on being so close to done.

A cruise is a perfect way to sneak in some Disney We are only spending one night at MK but I am thinking about sneaking away in the morning and heading to Epcot all by myself. I doubt I will ever be there during Food and Wine again. We'll see. I'm not sure I really want to pay for a one day ticket just to pay to eat some food.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #149
dtr_angel

I'm having trouble replying to comments. I had replied once a few days ago but then it disappeared and my patience is thin, LOL. I'm sorry, as I like to reply individually to each comment. Sorry!

We are going on Carnival Cruise Line. I had this bright idea a few weeks ago that maybe I could track down a west coast cruise that gave you a port day around LA so we could go to DL for a day but no such luck LOL. The trip we took to Disney in May was actually originally going to be our first Disneyland trip in July but well, a lot happened in 2010 and everything got moved around. We will get there eventually! Just for fun I looked at the prices for a Disney Cruise Line and holy smokes it is expensive! And it doesn't look like they do the land and sea packages anymore? And the point of this vacation was to NOT go to Disney LOL. I'm excited about having a solid day at Epcot. I'm not entirely sure how early the bus will get us there, but it will probably be around opening if that is 9 am. If we leave the Sunday we want to, that puts our Epcot day on February 1st. From what I heard, crowd levels are low at this time of year. We've never been to when it wasn't crowded so that will be really nice. Our plan is to work our way through future world, especially taking time for things we haven't in the past (innoventions) and then make it World Showcase around opening and work through each country. On our past trip we didn't make it all the way around the lagoon (can you believe that!) and basically only walked to Germany for dinner at Biergarten, which is where we watched IllumiNations, and on our last night we walked the other way just to France for dinner, and stopped in the UK on our way back for pictures with Tigger and Pooh. I am really excited! I think we picked Garden Grill for our one ADR of the day, we'll probably do that early at 4 when they open.

I wanted to buy one day tickets from undercover tourist, but they do not sell 1 day tickets. Does anyone know of any legit site to buy one day tickets, or should we just buy them when we get there?
Old 10-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #150
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
I wanted to buy one day tickets from undercover tourist, but they do not sell 1 day tickets. Does anyone know of any legit site to buy one day tickets, or should we just buy them when we get there?
We got our one-day Disney tickets from the Disney website. When we decided we were going to sneak in one MK day during our Universal Vacation, I started charging up my Disney Chase Visa big time for rewards points. We got an offer for 5x points on gas and grocery for a couple of months, so that really helps. We earned $165 in a few months, which paid for about half of the tickets we needed.

AAA may have one day tickets.

And you could always hope that the 2012 Disney promotion, if they have one, is a like the Give-A-Day, Get-A-Day promotion where you volunteer and earn a days admission. I have read a couple of rumors that next years promotion will be similar.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: