Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #16
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
I'm in for this as well! I enjoyed the previous one and look forward to your many adventures!
Hi!!! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Yay Sara! You began a PTR! Awesome.

Obviously I'm joining in. Hopefully this next trip will bode better for you and Wingnut. You know, without the deluge, foot neuromas, allergies and such!

So, spill the beans! Are you contemplating January then??
Hahahaha hopefully this doesn't disappoint! Welcome, welcome!

I hope so too! A good and healthy trip is the goal!

Not-yet-solidified trip details to come, don't worry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I'm in! I hope there is P&F meet & greet as well as Epcot in your future. Wait, this is Stringbean's PTR, of course there is Epcot in her future!
Hi!!! Of course we'll be going to Epcot!!! Ohhhh P&F better still be meet and greeting when we go! I would be there, no question!

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure her itinerary reads like this....

Day One: Epcot

Day Two: Epcot

Day Three: Hmm, where to go? Maybe Epcot

Day Four: Hollywood Studios, then Epcot

Let's place bets!

J/K Sara.
Hang on while I copy and paste that itinerary into Excel, that looks good to me!!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:22 AM   #17
floridascgirl
DIS Veteran

Hi from a new reader!

Many trips as a child! 2005 Thanksgiving Wilderness Lodge2008 Jan. Wilderness Lodge
2009 Jan/Feb Animal Kingdom Lodge2009 Dec. Animal Kingdom Lodge2010 July Boardwalk Inn2011 Feb. Animal Kingdom Lodge2012 Nov. Pop Century

floridascgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #18
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridascgirl View Post
Hi from a new reader!
Hi!!! Welcome!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:45 PM   #19
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

The plan, which is really more of an idea, so far

I'm sure no one will be shocked to hear me admit that I think about Disney a bit more than I probably should. I am pretty much always at the ready for someone to suggest a Disney trip, my fingers poised to dial Disney Reservations, menus pulled up on my screen, and typing in dates to see just how far we are from 180 days.

Don't worry, Wingnut knows what he's gotten himself into.

Not long after we returned from our trip in December, the topic of returning arose (I may or may not have sewn that seed...), but it was pushed aside while apartment hunting took first priority.

When we got more settled, Wingnut reassured my poised fingers, we would talk about the trip more. Going back to Disney wasn't a question, just the details were.

It wasn't long after we moved in that I began to get the Disney ants in my pants again, and we began to really formulate a plan. I decided to send away for the Disney free planning DVD, not because we actually needed it, but I am the biggest sap for those things ever.

(Also, I'll admit it, I was hoping for a discount code...)

When sending away for the DVD, I had to fill in an anticipated month of travel. At this point, we were still deliberating between November '11 and January '12. I decided to put in November, because, well, I'm impatient.

(Does anyone else see where this is going?)

Soon after, Wingnut and I decided that January '12 would be a better time to go. I then got the DVD in the mail, promptly flipped through the papers and stuff enclosed through the packet, no code. That's fine. I still got my sappy tear-jerk movie.

ONE DAY LATER a letter from Disney Destinations came in the mail. With a discount code.

FOR NOVEMBER.

I know, I did it to myself. And to be honest, it wasn't a spectacular code, just a small incentive.

But still...

As we are right now, January still looks like it will be our target month of Disney travel. We have not yet booked our trip, but I'm hoping to do so very soon. We're hoping for a nice discount code for our travel dates, but are not set on being able to use one (which is good, 'cause I totally blew it on the first one ).
Old 05-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #20
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

January sounds like a great time to go to WDW! I hope you get another pin code!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #21
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Hi! I really enjoyed your TR, and can't wait to hear about this one!

I was also more than a normal amount excited to see a 2012 PTR, since we won't be going back till then (though much later than January- lucky!)
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #22
MEK
DIS Veteran

January sounds like a perfect cure to the post holiday blues! I took one solo trip in January a few years ago and I experienced the lowest crowds and the most perfect weather. It was really lovely.

Can't wait to hear about more of the plans.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:49 AM   #23
floridascgirl
DIS Veteran

January is one of our favorite months to visit Mickey...you'll love it!

Many trips as a child! 2005 Thanksgiving Wilderness Lodge2008 Jan. Wilderness Lodge
2009 Jan/Feb Animal Kingdom Lodge2009 Dec. Animal Kingdom Lodge2010 July Boardwalk Inn2011 Feb. Animal Kingdom Lodge2012 Nov. Pop Century

floridascgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #24
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

January sounds like a great time to go.

I think you should send away for another DVD and put Wingnut's name on it. Maybe you'll get a pin code for January!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #25
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

January is such a great time to visit WDW. I hope you get a great discount for your trip.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #26
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hang on while I copy and paste that itinerary into Excel, that looks good to me!!!
That's right, you had a spreadsheet last trip, didn't you? I shouldn't mock because I'm actually a big fan of spreadsheets! I make up these elaborate itineraries, show them to DH and he usually rolls his eyes. That's ok, his lack of enthusiasm won't deter me in the least!

Quote:
I'm sure no one will be shocked to hear me admit that I think about Disney a bit more than I probably should. I am pretty much always at the ready for someone to suggest a Disney trip, my fingers poised to dial Disney Reservations, menus pulled up on my screen, and typing in dates to see just how far we are from 180 days.
Nah, I do it too. Honestly, most of the websites I visit are Disney related... Actually, I just booked our January trip today!

Quote:
Don't worry, Wingnut knows what he's gotten himself into.
Oh good, he's not unaware then! I'm sure he knows if he loves you, then by default, he loves Disney. It's just the way it is.

Quote:
Not long after we returned from our trip in December, the topic of returning arose (I may or may not have sewn that seed...), but it was pushed aside while apartment hunting took first priority.
Oh honey, I was already plotting another trip on the drive home from our January one! Nothing abnormal about that!

Quote:
It wasn't long after we moved in that I began to get the Disney ants in my pants again, and we began to really formulate a plan. I decided to send away for the Disney free planning DVD, not because we actually needed it, but I am the biggest sap for those things ever.
Perfectly reasonable. I do all of the same things...send away for the DVD, make customized maps and formulate itineraries on their website in the hopes of a code!

Quote:
(Also, I'll admit it, I was hoping for a discount code...)
Me too!

Quote:
When sending away for the DVD, I had to fill in an anticipated month of travel. At this point, we were still deliberating between November '11 and January '12. I decided to put in November, because, well, I'm impatient.
Yup, did this too.

Quote:
Soon after, Wingnut and I decided that January '12 would be a better time to go. I then got the DVD in the mail, promptly flipped through the papers and stuff enclosed through the packet, no code. That's fine. I still got my sappy tear-jerk movie.
January is such a fab time to go! You'll love it. The crowds are nearly non existent, particulary toward the end of the month. Just be sure to avoid MLK day.

Quote:
ONE DAY LATER a letter from Disney Destinations came in the mail. With a discount code.

FOR NOVEMBER.
Of course!

Quote:
As we are right now, January still looks like it will be our target month of Disney travel. We have not yet booked our trip, but I'm hoping to do so very soon. We're hoping for a nice discount code for our travel dates, but are not set on being able to use one (which is good, 'cause I totally blew it on the first one ).
Yay! I really think you'll enjoy January. If you book now, you can only do a room only reservation. The packages come out in early August. I don't understand the Disney reservation system, it seems so ridiculous sometimes.

As far as a pin code, after the packages are released, start poking around on their site again. Save a couple of offers for your dates then delete them a couple of days later. Order the DVD again too. I've done this for two vacations and gotten great codes this way!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:22 AM   #27
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
January sounds like a great time to go to WDW! I hope you get another pin code!
I went in January a couple of years ago, and I remember really enjoying that time of year there!! I hope so too!!! We're most hoping for free dining, actually. But it's a pretty quiet time of year in Disney, so we'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Hi! I really enjoyed your TR, and can't wait to hear about this one!

I was also more than a normal amount excited to see a 2012 PTR, since we won't be going back till then (though much later than January- lucky!)
Thank you!! Welcome!!

Hahaha when are you going to be going? I know, now I get all excited when I see PTR dates with like November or later .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
January sounds like a perfect cure to the post holiday blues! I took one solo trip in January a few years ago and I experienced the lowest crowds and the most perfect weather. It was really lovely.

Can't wait to hear about more of the plans.
That's what I think too! When we've gone in December, it's wonderful, but it does add a bit to the holiday stress. Also, this past December, I realized that one of the things I missed most was the area music (Disney plays instrumental holiday music around the parks instead). Just a little touch, but I still missed that extra Disney ambiance!

I'm glad to hear you had a good time in January too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridascgirl View Post
January is one of our favorite months to visit Mickey...you'll love it!
Yay!!! All of the praise for January is making me think this is a good choice in time to visit!!! I'll miss some of the holiday decorations, but then we'll have something to look forward to during the holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
January sounds like a great time to go.

I think you should send away for another DVD and put Wingnut's name on it. Maybe you'll get a pin code for January!
That's what I'm thinking (hoping!)!!

I already thought of that, but they have a "1 per household" rule!! Hey, he already gets all of my good Disney offers anyways! I'm not sure why, but Disney ALWAYS mails the Disney Visa offers to him, Free Dining codes, etc. I'm like "HEY!!! " .
Old 06-02-2011, 05:29 AM   #28
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
January is such a great time to visit WDW. I hope you get a great discount for your trip.
Yay!!! January is sounding good to me!!

I hope so too!!! (Although, it will probably be mailed to Wingnut...)

Quote:
That's right, you had a spreadsheet last trip, didn't you? I shouldn't mock because I'm actually a big fan of spreadsheets! I make up these elaborate itineraries, show them to DH and he usually rolls his eyes. That's ok, his lack of enthusiasm won't deter me in the least!

Nah, I do it too. Honestly, most of the websites I visit are Disney related... Actually, I just booked our January trip today!

Oh good, he's not unaware then! I'm sure he knows if he loves you, then by default, he loves Disney. It's just the way it is.

Oh honey, I was already plotting another trip on the drive home from our January one! Nothing abnormal about that!

Perfectly reasonable. I do all of the same things...send away for the DVD, make customized maps and formulate itineraries on their website in the hopes of a code!

Me too!

Yup, did this too.

January is such a fab time to go! You'll love it. The crowds are nearly non existent, particulary toward the end of the month. Just be sure to avoid MLK day.

Of course!

Yay! I really think you'll enjoy January. If you book now, you can only do a room only reservation. The packages come out in early August. I don't understand the Disney reservation system, it seems so ridiculous sometimes.

As far as a pin code, after the packages are released, start poking around on their site again. Save a couple of offers for your dates then delete them a couple of days later. Order the DVD again too. I've done this for two vacations and gotten great codes this way!
Hahaha Wingnut mocks all of my spreadsheets too, don't worry!!! Hey, it's good (and fun!) to have a plan!!

YAY for booking your January trip!!!!! Is there an advantage to booking the room only now? I knew that the packages were released in August, but I wasn't sure if it was best to start booking now or wait until everything is there then.

It's SO annoying to have to wait that long though!! Seriously, the people in December have it so lucky, they can start pricing and booking so early!

Thanks for the awesome advice! The code we're hoping for would probably be along the lines of free dining, but I'm not sure if Disney would even do that in a lower-crowd month like January.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:54 AM   #29
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know a few other people like this.
Quite a few, actually.

Quote:

If you can find some fun mini-trips to do this summer and make it through until October - it seems like October, November, and December take care of themselves by being filled with activities - then January will be right there.

I think, with some small Disney fixes along the way, such as
Disney Store trips,
Disney movies (Pirates and Cars 2),
go to a zoo and pretend it is Animal Kingdom,
maybe find a Rainforest Cafe to eat at,
go to a waterpark and pretend it is Typhoon Lagoon,
hit a candy store and pretend it is Goofy's Candy Company,
have your own Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, etc.,
waiting until January is do-able.

Free dining would be nice.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #30
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

LOOOOOOOOOOK!!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: