Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
tmstew28
Earning My Ears

New here, New to Disney, Need help in planning:)

Hi all, We are going to Disney next week. I thought I was doing so well with my planning, but got sidetracked by LIFE! LOL!!

Anyway, here's my question: We're planning on going to Hollywood Studios on Sunday the 5th for their Star Wars event. My son is 8 and has it set in his mind that he wants to do the Jedi Training...along with thousands of other boys and girls! I am new to Disney. I am totally unaware of how to go about making sure I get in that line and get his name on that list. I see something about "rope drop" and making a mad dash for attractions. So, How early should I be there and where should I go? How early can I get to the park and wait in line? Can I have my husband drop me off early in the morning to ensure a spot in line, and then he can go back to the hotel and have breakfast with the kids? Can I dash for the sign up line and then have my husband safely make his way over with our son so that he is there if I get a chance to sign him up? Also, where do I go? So many questions! I just want to make sure I do my best to get this for him, and I have NO idea what to expect.
Thanks for any tips!!
Tina
tmstew28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmstew28 View Post
Hi all, We are going to Disney next week. I thought I was doing so well with my planning, but got sidetracked by LIFE! LOL!!

Anyway, here's my question: We're planning on going to Hollywood Studios on Sunday the 5th for their Star Wars event. My son is 8 and has it set in his mind that he wants to do the Jedi Training...along with thousands of other boys and girls! I am new to Disney. I am totally unaware of how to go about making sure I get in that line and get his name on that list. I see something about "rope drop" and making a mad dash for attractions. So, How early should I be there and where should I go? How early can I get to the park and wait in line? Can I have my husband drop me off early in the morning to ensure a spot in line, and then he can go back to the hotel and have breakfast with the kids? Can I dash for the sign up line and then have my husband safely make his way over with our son so that he is there if I get a chance to sign him up? Also, where do I go? So many questions! I just want to make sure I do my best to get this for him, and I have NO idea what to expect.
Thanks for any tips!!
Tina
You may want to read the Star Wars Weekends thread and see how the lines have been- I've been reading that people are getting there at 6:30 in the morning, and that JTA is full by 10 minutes after rope drop (aka park opening)

They have the JTA every day of the week, so if you're going to be there for several days, you could always go to Hollywood Studios on a non-star-wars weekend day, and the crowds wouldn't be as bad.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
tmstew28
Earning My Ears

When I called guest services today they told me they only have the Jedi Training on the weekends. She also said the parking lot only opens an hour before the park. Do you recommend getting there much before that? If so how much. I'm thinking like 7 and waiting in line in my car until they open the parking lot and then jumping right in line at the rope? Am I on the right track here?
tmstew28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmstew28 View Post
When I called guest services today they told me they only have the Jedi Training on the weekends. She also said the parking lot only opens an hour before the park. Do you recommend getting there much before that? If so how much. I'm thinking like 7 and waiting in line in my car until they open the parking lot and then jumping right in line at the rope? Am I on the right track here?
They have JTA every day of the week.

Check out the Steve Soares website (wdwent.com) for the schedule of all entertainment in the parks.

---------------------------
Taking a cue from the popular Star Wars Saga, the power of the Force and the magic of Disney combine for an original and intergalactic entertainment experience. Young Jedi hopefuls learn lightsaber moves before facing off against the evil Darth Vader. Near Star Tours.
20-minute shows

Sunday, Friday & Saturday at 9:15, 9:45, 10:15, 10:45, 11:15 & 11:45am, 12:15, 1:30, 2:00, 3:45, 4:15, 4:45, 5:15, 5:45 & 6:15pm

Monday-Thursday at 9:15, 10:00, 10:50 & 11:45am, 12:40, 1:30, 2:20, 4:00, 4:45, 5:45, 6:40, 7:35 & 8:30pm

Space is limited, and participants must be present to register. Please see a Cast Member in front of Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!(Sunday), at the venue(Monday-Thursday) or in front of Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey(Friday-Sunday, May 29) early in the day to make same-day reservations.
-----------------------

Are you staying on-site? You can get there earlier in the AM with Disney transportation, or you can walk there from the epcot/boardwalk resort area

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

We are planning on going to DHS on a non Fantasmic weekday. Our plan is get there for rope drop, then either DH or I will take the kids to sign up for Jedi Training while the other goes to get fast passes for TSM. Then we can text each other with times so we can meet up and do whatever we want Hopefully the TP crowd level for our day is good (it is below 1) and we will be able to get allot in that day before heading back to the hotel for some relaxation.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time visit, hollywood studios, jedi training, rope drop, tips

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: