Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

What do you think of Hollywood & Vine?

We haven't been there for over 10 years...so/so then and nothing we wanted to keep.
However, I made a December evening ADR there after looking at the menu. For those of you who are "just back"--how was the evening food?
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

It's a buffet. It is good in a pinch if you cannot get in anywhere else, but nothing to write home about.

We ended up there, because one of my traveling companions, who had never been to Disney before, (and especially during free dining) insisted we NOT make any ADR's.

We ended up there and despite the fact that it was a buffet and you can go back as many times as you want, we still felt rushed.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:49 AM   #3
momtotaryn
Mouseketeer

We were just there a couple of weeks ago for our Fantasmic! Dinner package. Let me say that we were extremely worried that we would hate it, based on the MANY bad reviews I read on this board. I decided to keep our ressies and just try it out. Well, to our surprise, the food was pretty good. Even my DD10, who is quite picky, found items that she enjoyed very much. The service was fine, and the environment was pleasant, not filthy, as others have stated. We had lunch at Crystal Palace on another day, and I would say both buffets are comparable to each other. (We liked CP a lot too!)

I don't know if we just went on a good day, at a good time (5:00pm), but it's interesting to me that we enjoyed our experience, yet others have disliked this buffet so much, that they'd never go back again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: