Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #241
kasiak07
Earning My Ears

Movies on ship

FYI My son has been asking to see Wreck it Ralph all weekend and due to scheduling conflicts we were not able to. I called DCL this morning regarding another issue and learned that Ralph and Frankeweenie are both playing on the ship! And for the adults, Lincoln. Sweet, saves me the $50 for a movie outing!
I also learned that the ship will be decorated for the holidays yay!!!!
soooooo soooonnnn!!!!!!
kasiak07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #242
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

Yay! Thank you for that update! Aurora was begging to see it this weekend and we told her it would probably be playing on our cruise. She didn't believe me, so now I can tell her for sure!
PryncessLace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #243
chelseafc
Earning My Ears

Did you hear if The Avengers will still be playing? I was hoping to see it in 3D on the ship.

chelseafc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #244
beachmama50
Earning My Ears

FE and costume overload!!!

Back in Wal-Mart AGAIN today for those "loose ends"! Hope to make some serious headway tonight and tomorrow. Lost a whole week due to sudden illness and now have some doctor appts. that are eating up my crafting/sewing time! I just keep thinking of things I would like to do, but time and cash are short!! Not long now!!
beachmama50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #245
kasiak07
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseafc View Post
Did you hear if The Avengers will still be playing? I was hoping to see it in 3D on the ship.
I did not ask specifically about that one they did mention The strange life of timothy green and the other 3...
kasiak07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #246
4lildreamers
Mouseketeer

Oh, my DD cannot wait to see Wreck It Ralph! I am sure my DS will love it too since he is a little wrecker himself! LOL I want to see Timothy Green too.

And YAY for holiday decorations. Maybe I can get Christmas card pictures! Last year we were at Animal Kindgom Lodge when they were decorated for Christmas and it was sooooooooooooo beautiful-----I am sure the Dream will be gorgeous!

BeachMama--I hope you are feeling better by cruise time!

Trip report: Too many TRICKS with a few TREATS! Our near non-vacation in October 2013!

WDW Honeymoon 2000 (off site)
WDW Jan. 2009 (All Star Movies)
WDW April 2010 (Wilderness Lodge--10 yr Anny.)
WDW Nov. 2011 (Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge-Jambo) MVMCP
Disney Dream Nov. 2012
WDW October 2013 at Animal Kindgdom-Kadani MNSSHP
4lildreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #247
leighi123
Earning My Ears

I got the FE email!

Looks like we are the only ones down in he basement. Is it really that bad down there? My grandparents were supposed to have that room, and Levi and I have the room next to my parents up on 8, but I traded b/c grandma didn't want to be on a low deck.

We are ONLY in the room to sleep or change clothes, never ever to hang out so I said I didn't care where we were located. My dad said we can get moved upto 8, but its a bit more $$$ - should we bother or not?
leighi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #248
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

I have read on the boards here that a lot of people actually prefer and request deck 2. I don't have any personal experience though, since this is our first cruise.

I got all my FE gifts organized last night and I now know exactly what I still need. Saturday will be another day devoted to making gifts.

At this point, I'm seriously distracted everyday thinking about getting everything in order for the cruise...17Days!
PryncessLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #249
4lildreamers
Mouseketeer

Yes, I heard the lower deck have less rocking. I know a friend of mine doesn't like to be above deck 5 for this reason.
You can email/call DCL and ask, they will sometimes give you a complementary upgrade---but you have to ask. (our Travel Agent asked for us and got us an upgrade for no extra money). There may be rules---like booked earlier, or paid in full by a certain date.......I don't know. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Trip report: Too many TRICKS with a few TREATS! Our near non-vacation in October 2013!

WDW Honeymoon 2000 (off site)
WDW Jan. 2009 (All Star Movies)
WDW April 2010 (Wilderness Lodge--10 yr Anny.)
WDW Nov. 2011 (Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge-Jambo) MVMCP
Disney Dream Nov. 2012
WDW October 2013 at Animal Kindgdom-Kadani MNSSHP
4lildreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #250
Mel0215
Mouseketeer

Location: Florida- I can see the ships every time they are in port!

It's not bad on deck 2. I'm really prone to motion sickness, and have never had a problem on deck 6-8. we've found we do spend more time in the room than to sleep and change. Mid day nap attacks (before DS and now for him), lounging, room service...

Found a double needle... Finally. Now if only DS would nap so I can sew.
DCL: Magic May 23, 2009; Magic Nov. 14, 2009
Wonder May 16, 2010; Wonder PCC 2.0
Dream: Feb. 6, 2011
Fantasy: May 2012
Mel0215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #251
leighi123
Earning My Ears

Levi quit napping at 13months, he never napped on our last cruise (at 2.5yrs), and he was up late b/c we ate at late seating (which we will do this time too!). Last time we were in the room 1-2 time a day for like 5min and then at night, thats it!

I had to call my grandma and talk to her for 20min to convince her that we will be just fine on deck 2, she was so worried about it!

My parents and grandparents have rooms up on deck 8 with balconies, so if we wanted to hang out in a room, we could go to theirs anyways.

I spent an hour at JoAnn's today, I got Levi some mickey fabric for a button down shirt and tinkerbell to make him pj's.

Does anyone know if Tinkerbell will be on this one?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #252
Mel0215
Mouseketeer

It's amazing how much energy kids have! I enjoyed napping before DS, but on our last cruise in May, he didn't nap much and was up late for dinner.
That's a good idea to save the money and use their balcony if you want to.
Tinkerbell should be out, as well as the princesses and many other characters.

I spent an hour at Joann's too. They had Halloween prints 60% off, And some pirate fabric was in that bunch!!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #253
maximouse
Earning My Ears

characters

Does anyone know what characters we should expect to see? (Besides the usual Mickey, Minnie, etc.) Is there any thing I should be preparing our lil' man for besides pirate night?? I have an outfit ready for that & special pjs but not sure what else?? I'm trying to get him excited about the FE of course too!! He will be 3 so he is just excited to go on a ship!!
maximouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #254
leighi123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximouse View Post
Does anyone know what characters we should expect to see? (Besides the usual Mickey, Minnie, etc.) Is there any thing I should be preparing our lil' man for besides pirate night?? I have an outfit ready for that & special pjs but not sure what else?? I'm trying to get him excited about the FE of course too!! He will be 3 so he is just excited to go on a ship!!
My friend's family just got off the ship - Peter Pan was there and a LOT of different princesses. Going off their pictures...
Old 11-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #255
Mel0215
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximouse
We've seen woody, buzz, mr. Incredible, stitch, Captain Hook, assorted pirates, remy. The characters may come out in holiday outfits too.
When UP came out we saw Carl and Doug, since brave is out they may have Merida. (Not sure though)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: