Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #226
maximouse
Earning My Ears

Sorry.

I think the more the merrier -- I am sorry if my earlier post came off like I was upset about late joiners -- I'm not at all!!! I would want to participate -- we are looking forward to this -- this is our 1st Disney cruise & have heard wonderful things about the FEs. I was just worried about the cut off date b/c I was worried my FE gifts won't all match -- worried about getting my gifts done for everyone in time!! Sorry!!!
maximouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #227
maximouse
Earning My Ears

Christmas Decor??

Also, does anyone know if we should expect the ship to be decorated for Christmas like they do the parks??? Thanks!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #228
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

Everything I have read so far says that they decorate by Thanksgiving, so it should be!

I'm also hoping it is!
PryncessLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #229
leighi123
Earning My Ears

So the FE is closed? Is there any way at all we can join? We just booked the cruise 2 days ago so there was no way for us to sign up sooner! Levi will be terribly disappointed, we didn't know about FE's until not too long ago and I promised him we could participate next time we cruise.

Maybe someone can send me the list? Even if we don't receive anything if its too late for people to add just one more to what they are making, it would still be fun for my son to hand stuff out to others. The giving of stuff is just as much fun as receiving it!
leighi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #230
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123
So the FE is closed? Is there any way at all we can join? We just booked the cruise 2 days ago so there was no way for us to sign up sooner! Levi will be terribly disappointed, we didn't know about FE's until not too long ago and I promised him we could participate next time we cruise.

Maybe someone can send me the list? Even if we don't receive anything if its too late for people to add just one more to what they are making, it would still be fun for my son to hand stuff out to others. The giving of stuff is just as much fun as receiving it!
Hi Leigh! Welcome! Technically the FE is closed, BUT if you don't mind that it might be too late for some peoples things, I would be happy to add you to our FE Group. If send me your info I can add you and send the spreadsheet to you. :-)
Old 11-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #231
4lildreamers
Mouseketeer

I don't mind more joining either..........but I am worried about everything matching. I don't want anyone to feel slighted if things aren't the same. I made gifts for each kid and then one gift for the adult couples and the adult singles. I know I would not be able to duplicate the kid gifts or adult gifts exactly the same but I sure don't want anyone left out!!! So, I say join and just know I (we) will do our best to make it fun and exciting for everyone participating!

Trip report: Too many TRICKS with a few TREATS! Our near non-vacation in October 2013!

WDW Honeymoon 2000 (off site)
WDW Jan. 2009 (All Star Movies)
WDW April 2010 (Wilderness Lodge--10 yr Anny.)
WDW Nov. 2011 (Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge-Jambo) MVMCP
Disney Dream Nov. 2012
WDW October 2013 at Animal Kindgdom-Kadani MNSSHP
4lildreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #232
beachmama50
Earning My Ears

Welcome!!!

Yay! Another little person.! We have a small group of kids so this is exciting to have another one, and mom. Welcome!!
beachmama50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #233
leighi123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PryncessLace View Post
Hi Leigh! Welcome! Technically the FE is closed, BUT if you don't mind that it might be too late for some peoples things, I would be happy to add you to our FE Group. If send me your info I can add you and send the spreadsheet to you. :-)
Even if we only get 1-2 things, Levi will be perfectly happy, I know we are coming in late so I'm not expecting anyone to have to go out of their way to accommodate us, just if anyone has extras we'd appreciate it!

He is more excited about 'delivering' stuff for other people anyways!

I can't pm you (not enough posts), but our cabin number is 2050 (for me and Levi, I don't think my parents/grandparents will really participate, but they are in 8642 and 8644) my email is magenta_starr_03 at hotmail.com (with the @ where it says at of course)

There is me, Leigh-Ann (single adult, I'm 26 if that matters!) and Levi (5). Levi has lots of food allergies and we are both vegetarian.

I showed him a youtube video tour of the ship today, he is so excited! I think he is most looking forward to playing mini-golf, I have no idea why but he things it is so cool to play mini golf on a ship.

Is there many kids his age going? I guess its after the holiday week so maybe not? Levi is a homeschooler!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #234
maximouse
Earning My Ears

:)

For some reason it makes more excited to think it will be decorated for the holidays!! I love Christmas & I love Disney!! So how many did we end up participating?? This is going to be so much fun!! My little guy is so excited to "swim with Captain Hook"
Old 11-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #235
PryncessLace
Mouseketeer

awesome, I will send you the spreadsheet in the morning and forward your info to everyone :-) I there are at least 6 kids in the 5 to 8 age range in the FE group and may more in the cruise meet! My daughter is 6, almost 7 :-)
Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #236
kasiak07
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123 View Post
Even if we only get 1-2 things, Levi will be perfectly happy, I know we are coming in late so I'm not expecting anyone to have to go out of their way to accommodate us, just if anyone has extras we'd appreciate it!

He is more excited about 'delivering' stuff for other people anyways!

I can't pm you (not enough posts), but our cabin number is 2050 (for me and Levi, I don't think my parents/grandparents will really participate, but they are in 8642 and 8644) my email is magenta_starr_03 at hotmail.com (with the @ where it says at of course)

There is me, Leigh-Ann (single adult, I'm 26 if that matters!) and Levi (5). Levi has lots of food allergies and we are both vegetarian.

I showed him a youtube video tour of the ship today, he is so excited! I think he is most looking forward to playing mini-golf, I have no idea why but he things it is so cool to play mini golf on a ship.

Is there many kids his age going? I guess its after the holiday week so maybe not? Levi is a homeschooler!

John is 5 (Feb '07) hope to see you at the meet and greet, the boys will have a blast and will already know a new friend in the kids club
kasiak07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #237
beachmama50
Earning My Ears

Busy, busy!!!

I'm finding myself in Wal-Mart, the fabric store and dollar store nearly every day now trying to tie up loose ends. Got a lot done today on one set of my FE gifts
and I can't wait to put everything together. This has been so much fun!
beachmama50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #238
Mel0215
Mouseketeer

Location: Florida- I can see the ships every time they are in port!

I'm going crazy! Ahh I can't find my double needle to see the pirate outfits. It's somewhere in my house... I hate cleaning.

But we're closer to the cruise, and I need to get making the FE gifts. DH is officially "unavailable" because Halo 4 came out... So I'm watching DS and crafting... Or trying to.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to cruise.
DCL: Magic May 23, 2009; Magic Nov. 14, 2009
Wonder May 16, 2010; Wonder PCC 2.0
Dream: Feb. 6, 2011
Fantasy: May 2012
Mel0215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #239
4lildreamers
Mouseketeer

waiting impatiently for the cruise! I am so in need of a vacation! I have about 90% of stuff done (FE, gifts bought, letter/invites written and printed, journals made for DD, travel activity books made for them (we are driving), Pirate costumes bought, Cinderella dress ready, Cinderella build-a-bear dress bought for DD's fav bear, magnets made etc....)

Now if I would just get the FE, shirts and pillowcases from the etsy lady life would be good. I know I still have time but I feel the clock ticking. LO

Trip report: Too many TRICKS with a few TREATS! Our near non-vacation in October 2013!

WDW Honeymoon 2000 (off site)
WDW Jan. 2009 (All Star Movies)
WDW April 2010 (Wilderness Lodge--10 yr Anny.)
WDW Nov. 2011 (Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge-Jambo) MVMCP
Disney Dream Nov. 2012
WDW October 2013 at Animal Kindgdom-Kadani MNSSHP
4lildreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #240
leighi123
Earning My Ears

Levi just brought me a pirate book so I could make his outfit. I made like 10 halloween costumes this year for all of his friends so I I thought I was done with costumes! I guess not!

I made his vest/pants/silk shirt as a dressy-er outfit but I have to re-do the cuffs as its a bit short (never tried that pattern before, it runs crazy small!).

Last time we went on a cruise I made outfits for every single day - we will see about this time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: