Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2011, 01:04 AM   #106
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Joe and the photo thing, is it a privacy issue with his work? I liked your "family" picture though.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #107
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I love that tiara Katie has in in the pictures. Is that at the Miss matched place? Any idea of how much it costs? Caitlin would love that and her aunt is luck enough to be going to Disney in a few months and might have to pick it up.

I love that Katie got 2 sets of socks. Very smart. Caitlin has always been the opposite. She hates going without socks. She is a crocs with socks girl. Finally this year she has been wearing sandals with no socks but it took 6 years for that to happen. I have pictures of her when she was around 3 going down a waterslide with socks b/c she refused to walk on grass in barefeet

DH isn't a big fan of having our pictures online either, but he doesn't mention it anymore. I guess it is just the norm these days.

Planet Hollywood looks tasty. I have been to other PH so usually skip the one in DTD. Maybe we'll just have a snack like you.

I was so sad to see WPE was closed. I had been looking forward to it for so long. I was there Thursday night and EOS seemed to heavy with the heat.I would like to try Raglan Road one day, didn't you go there this trip?

I can't wait to have a new ticker. I think I have settled on Oct of 2013 since I have to give the summer of 2012 to DH's plans. I just have to pick a week so I can get my ticker up. As much as I wish I was going back in 2012 I think 2013 will be here quickly and with my family insisting on going all out every trip I need to start saving now.

Love the pictures of Katie on the Harley
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #108
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

I love the way you used your skills to let Joe "come up with the idea" of am adults only trip!

I'm with Katie. Hate shoes and socks!

EOS is a bit confusing; I think the sandwiches come with either a side or dessert.

We didn't go into little mismatched; we have enough socks without pairs around here I didn't see the point

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 07-04-2011, 05:51 AM   #109
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

LOVED your DTD trip...Did you see the House of Blues by any chance??? And a hypothetical trip...I think I like your prospects on this!!!

Old 07-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #110
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Joe and the photo thing, is it a privacy issue with his work? I liked your "family" picture though.
yes it is definitely tied to his work, and its his way of also protecting his family....so that bad people don't see especially Katie but also me and tie us to him. Its a lovely world we live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I love that tiara Katie has in in the pictures. Is that at the Miss matched place? Any idea of how much it costs? Caitlin would love that and her aunt is luck enough to be going to Disney in a few months and might have to pick it up.

I love that Katie got 2 sets of socks. Very smart. Caitlin has always been the opposite. She hates going without socks. She is a crocs with socks girl. Finally this year she has been wearing sandals with no socks but it took 6 years for that to happen. I have pictures of her when she was around 3 going down a waterslide with socks b/c she refused to walk on grass in barefeet

DH isn't a big fan of having our pictures online either, but he doesn't mention it anymore. I guess it is just the norm these days.

Planet Hollywood looks tasty. I have been to other PH so usually skip the one in DTD. Maybe we'll just have a snack like you.

I was so sad to see WPE was closed. I had been looking forward to it for so long. I was there Thursday night and EOS seemed to heavy with the heat.I would like to try Raglan Road one day, didn't you go there this trip?

I can't wait to have a new ticker. I think I have settled on Oct of 2013 since I have to give the summer of 2012 to DH's plans. I just have to pick a week so I can get my ticker up. As much as I wish I was going back in 2012 I think 2013 will be here quickly and with my family insisting on going all out every trip I need to start saving now.

Love the pictures of Katie on the Harley
The tiara was at the Arribas Brothers store - the same place with the awesome mugs. I believe it was between $20 and $30. There were a few there, and really they were not ridiculous if you wanted it for a prom or something. i am just leary of spending that much for a dress up item. Though some times i look at the photo and wish I had bought one for her. Maybe if we to to WDW next June without her, I will get her one.

We never did make it to Raglan Road - after lunch and that huge app at PH we were stuffed, and hot....and we had over two hours to kill before our ADR so we skipped it. i really did want to eat there but did not anticipate both the heat that day and the fact that there really was not 6 hours worth of stuff to occupy us. (we're not really gamers, so Quest would be a waste, and i just couldnt' see us going to a movie when we are at Disney!)

Sounds like we were just missing each other all over the World! We were at DTD on Thursday till about 4 pm or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
I love the way you used your skills to let Joe "come up with the idea" of am adults only trip!

I'm with Katie. Hate shoes and socks!

EOS is a bit confusing; I think the sandwiches come with either a side or dessert.

We didn't go into little mismatched; we have enough socks without pairs around here I didn't see the point
yeah, we have that lovely basket here, too. maybe i should just tie dye them and then they will 'match'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
LOVED your DTD trip...Did you see the House of Blues by any chance??? And a hypothetical trip...I think I like your prospects on this!!!

Judy I don't remember seeing the House of Blues....maybe a destination for our hypothetical trip?

OH! yesterday I caught Joe saying "WHEN" not "IF"

I will update shortly I need to go catch up on a few pages!!
Old 07-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #111
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post

Judy I don't remember seeing the House of Blues....maybe a destination for our hypothetical trip?
It is supposed to be down near La Nouba (we saw La Nouba, how I wish we could see it again, it is SOOOOOOOO good)!
OH! yesterday I caught Joe saying "WHEN" not "IF"
WHEN!!!! That is music to my ears! Good for you!
I will update shortly I need to go catch up on a few pages!!
I am waiting...
Old 07-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #112
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Cute pictures at DTD. Love the one of Katie on the motorcycle and I'm totally with her on the sock thing!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 07-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #113
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I am waiting...
oh my goodness time just flies! I was on the dis boards for a good chunk of the early afternoon reading up. Then Katie wanted to make cake with her easy bake oven, so how could I say no? then we ended up at my sister's for a few hours. We are finally home, watching the DC fireworks and show on tv while the dog barks madly at the random fireworks shot off in our area.

honestly, as much as I love my country, and I love celebrating our Independence and the hard work and struggles of generations of Americans to keep us free, I hate the random fireworks that happen here in NE PA ....some nights it sounds like i live in a war zone.

ok i will stop being grumpy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Cute pictures at DTD. Love the one of Katie on the motorcycle and I'm totally with her on the sock thing!
she just cracks me up sometimes!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #114
Moira222

Day 7: Pool Party cont'd

We headed back and freshened up a bit. As we traveled, I looked online and saw a dinner opening at Teppan Edo at 7 ish, which worked out well because we needed to go back to japan so that Katie and I could pick a pearl. (I saw the pick a pearl booth at DTD but heard that the pearls were not as nice/big in DTD as in Epcot, so I did not point it out.) We took the ferry to the Contemporary, and then headed to the monorail to the transportation center. It was crowded. really crowded. we picked up the first leg on the monorail but when we got to TTC we switched gears and instead of Epcot, took the monorail to MK instead.

We headed in with no plan at all. We took a ride on

and Katie got an "Official" Mickey Driver’s license. It was neat driving it at night. She rode with Joe and totally loved it. They were ahead of me or I would have gotten a shot.

After riding, Joe grabbed a strawberry smoothie at Auntie Gravity’s which was quite yummy!

and we wandered over to

DD & DH rode, I sat that one out.

After this, we were hungry. We thought we’d try Pinochio Haus, but alas, they stopped serving. darn. A food place whose name escape me that is over by snow white? also closed. uh oh. We asked and were told that Starlight Caf was still open. Okeydoke! So as much as we said we were not going to eat here this trip (because we always end up here), here we ate! Joe headed right in to order (he was getting pretty grumpy) and Katie and I decided to go wash our hands first, then order. I ordered a cheese burger, with carrot cake for dessert. Katie I believe had peanut butter and jelly. Joe ordered a huge BBQ chicken and ribs plate, which he was pretty well into by the time I found him. Sorry. I don't get between the man and his meal.

(ok I do have a picture of Joe's dinner & carrot cake but its an icky picture so I decided to spare you all)

I did like the fact that since they had a “fixins” bar, I could fix myself a nice little salad next to my burger. mmmm. The burger was yummy, though in truth I’d not had a burger in months so it could be that I missed having them. I liked it! By the time we finished our dinner, Katie & I had to wash hands again. Joe plopped down at a table to wait for us, and caught the beginning of Memories. It was cool to watch. But we didn’t stay. Once again Joe's sense of urgency to ride every ride kicked in and we kept moving.

(side note: I find it funny now when I think about this: at home, I am go go go go ---I don't sit down til about 9:30 pm and he is usually found on the floor watching tv & playing with the dog. At WDW, its me who wants to slow down the pace and see all the little shows and wander through every little store and corner, and he who has to power walk through the parks so we can do every ride. what gives??)

When we passed it in search of food, we promised Katie that we’d go back to ride

The line was only about 15 minutes, so DD and I got in line, DH was passing on Dumbo. While we were waiting for Dumbo, Wishes started. It was like being the net in the middle of a tennis match – we kept watching from left to right as the fireworks burst into stars over our heads. It was really cool, but I didn’t take any photos. sorry.

After Dumbo, its only natural to go right over to Prince Charming’s Carousel

(sorry, major hat head)

We had to get one more ride on Snow White (but no pics) and while I did a little shopping in the store there, Joe and Katie went over to see if they could still find Tinkerbell in the shop there. No Tinkerbell there, though I did find Minnie:

We were about done, so we slowly made our way out of the park, having enjoyed the rides we fit in during a short time.

Last edited by Moira222; 07-04-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #115
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

You did get a lot done in a short amount of time. It looks like a very enjoyable night.

Any progress in getting Joe to agree in an adult only trip? I tried to get DH to agree to a girls only weekend in Sept or Oct but he told me I was out of my mind
Old 07-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #116
Moira222

Quote:
You did get a lot done in a short amount of time. It looks like a very enjoyable night.

Any progress in getting Joe to agree in an adult only trip? I tried to get DH to agree to a girls only weekend in Sept or Oct but he told me I was out of my mind
Oh I am almost there. I would make reservations but we have a few things up in the air right now so we need for that dust to settle....but I fully plan to have a June ticker!!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #117
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Okay, I have a totally OT question. I am going through some serious vacation withdrawl over here. DH shot down my idea to take Caitlin back to Disney in Oct. so I guess WDW is totally out.

I got the idea to head to your neck of the words and check out Hershey Park. At first I thought of going in the summer but then remembered they have a whole xmas thing going on in Nov/ Dec. Have you ever been there for the xmas stuff?

DH didn't say no
Old 07-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #118
Moira222

Quote:
Okay, I have a totally OT question. I am going through some serious vacation withdrawl over here. DH shot down my idea to take Caitlin back to Disney in Oct. so I guess WDW is totally out.

I got the idea to head to your neck of the words and check out Hershey Park. At first I thought of going in the summer but then remembered they have a whole xmas thing going on in Nov/ Dec. Have you ever been there for the xmas stuff?

DH didn't say no
Hershey at Christmas is so much fun, we have done it almost every year since Katie was born. The park is decorated for Christmas, there are carolers out in certain areas, rides are open, though not all of them - and many of them are geared toward the younger set. Caitlyn would have a ball. Santa and his reindeer can be found there up until 12/24 - after Christmas you can find the reindeer but not Santa.

While no place is DisneyWorld, we just love Hershey - compared to some of the other big parks here in the North east it is probably the cleanest, and definitely a very family oriented park.
I'll post a few shots from years past:

these are a little old and I gotta go but they show a little of the park.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #119
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I love this picture of Katie and Joe.

You guys got quite a bit accomplished in a short amount of time.

I have never figured out why Pinocchio's Village Haus closes so darn early.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #120
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I love this picture of Katie and Joe.

You guys got quite a bit accomplished in a short amount of time.

I have never figured out why Pinocchio's Village Haus closes so darn early.
Well I read a review that was sort of iffy on the salad so now maybe I am glad we went to Stardust instead.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: