Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #31
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I just saw that you started your TR and I'm here for the fun! I started mine too, I need these TR's to keep me with my Disney fix until the next trip!
I am already wanting to schedule another trip.Trying to get hubby to okay a 3 or 4 day trip for our 20th next June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Joining in!

I feel so bad that your check-in process was so awful. I hope that once your room situation was fixed that you enjoyed the rest of your stay at The Lodge, it really is a wonderful resort.

Even though you hated the bag it really was thoughtful of your DH to buy it for you.
I love the Lodge....but I'm not the one with a true talent for holding a grudge On the positive side of it, he is a creature of habit and would have wanted to go to WLR EVERY time ...so now I will get to try more resorts!

DH was really sweet to buy it for me. That's why I was ready to cry - I felt so guilty for hating it...I was debating keeping it and being miserable with it because he was so nice but in the end decided that he really would understand. Luckily he did ....and will more than likely stick to buying me jewelry instead of bags. I never return jewelry

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitty13 View Post
We were at Akershus that morning also, was supposed to have a 8:00 reservation and we never made it until 8:30 do to the Marathon. We drove from POP and had no idea the road was closed until we needed to turn. I was stressing big time but we ended up enjoying it. I really wanted to enjoy an empty Epcot but instead we ended up running though the park.
I saw a LOT of people running at Epcot that morning! I'm guessing that it was that park in particular that got cut off from traffic. Not sure what they could have done to let guests know of this but advance knowledge would have been nice. I saw so many other "events" posted about goings on at WDW that week but nothing about that. oh well, that's life, right?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #32
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, MaryEllen.

Is it just me or do none of the Snow White's look very good at Disney?

You can tell with Katie's smile that she is having a grand time with all of it -- the Princesses, the fairies, etc.

That was very sweet of Joe to buy you the bag. But I totally understand where you are coming from. My husband doesn't consdier "how I manage" things so I've just told him, very sweetly, NOT to buy me anything and I'll shop for myself and he can wrap it or to just do Disney gift cards.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #33
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, MaryEllen.

Is it just me or do none of the Snow White's look very good at Disney?

You can tell with Katie's smile that she is having a grand time with all of it -- the Princesses, the fairies, etc.

That was very sweet of Joe to buy you the bag. But I totally understand where you are coming from. My husband doesn't consdier "how I manage" things so I've just told him, very sweetly, NOT to buy me anything and I'll shop for myself and he can wrap it or to just do Disney gift cards.
I have to say the Snow White at Akershus did not amaze me this year. There was a good one on a float in the dreams parade but I have a terrible picture - only her face in the corner of the shot.

We just did not see a whole lot of characters this trip unless it was in passing or on a parade float. After Sunday we agreed that we wanted to spend more time on rides and less waiting in lines to see characters.

I love that you tell hubby just to give you a gift card.... saves a lot of aggravation! Joe tried, he totally got points for the effort, and more for not being offended when I returned it and he agreed to never try to buy a bag for me again
Old 06-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #34
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Moira222;41318513]I am already wanting to schedule another trip.Trying to get hubby to okay a 3 or 4 day trip for our 20th next June.

I'm with you. June 2012 will be my 30th birthday and I told DH we should take a cruise. I have been looking into a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas on Disney Cruise line.

We are really hoping to get pregnant soon but I told DH if I am not pregnant he should just accept that we will be taking the cruise next June. He did say he wanted to go on a cruise next trip. I don't think he meant next year, but he'll have to suffer.

I also looked at Nov. 2011 b/c it will be our 10th anniversary but I don't he'll go for that.

Last edited by pinkxray; 06-01-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #35
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Lots of reading material here, Mary Ellen!! LOVE all your character photos, and BOO on having to run to get to Akershus! Disney could have done better at communicating the closures, eh?

I just LOVE the topiaries! Never can seem to get enough of those!

Old 06-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #36
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your updates, I had just been able to read the first couple posts last night(this morning?) when I posted so I read the rest just now. Sorry you ended up with issues checking in.

I have been hoping to go to 1900 PF for a while now, maybe next time. It just seems like such a fun place.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 06-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #37
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

we were there that week too! sorry that your trip started off rough. i hope the rest is a little less eventful. looking forward to more!

May 2011 CBR TR. October 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR.
Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #38
jmendez24
Mouseketeer

joining in. We were there that week as well. Great report so far!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #39
mmforme2009
Mouseketeer

Jumping in! So glad some else appreciates/understands the difficulty in finding just the right bag

Old 06-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #40
Moira222

[QUOTE=pinkxray;41322351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I am already wanting to schedule another trip.Trying to get hubby to okay a 3 or 4 day trip for our 20th next June.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post

I'm with you. June 2012 will be my 30th birthday and I told DH we should take a cruise. I have been looking into a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas on Disney Cruise line.

We are really hoping to get pregnant soon but I told DH if I am not pregnant he should just accept that we will be taking the cruise next June. He did say he wanted to go on a cruise next trip. I don't think he meant next year, but he'll have to suffer.

I also looked at Nov. 2011 b/c it will be our 10th anniversary but I don't he'll go for that.
Joe actually mentioned a cruise for next June, but he would want to leave from NYC so that limits our choices. Not that I am complaining on a cruise although now I am dreaming of a short mid week stay at Poly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Lots of reading material here, Mary Ellen!! LOVE all your character photos, and BOO on having to run to get to Akershus! Disney could have done better at communicating the closures, eh?

I just LOVE the topiaries! Never can seem to get enough of those!
The topiaries were awesome!
maybe disney should have a "traffic and travel" update on one of its in room tv channels? It probably doesn't happen often but it would have been nice to know that we needed to leave much earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Just caught up on your updates, I had just been able to read the first couple posts last night(this morning?) when I posted so I read the rest just now. Sorry you ended up with issues checking in.

I have been hoping to go to 1900 PF for a while now, maybe next time. It just seems like such a fun place.
1900 PF was fun - the step sisters were just awesome! who knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
we were there that week too! sorry that your trip started off rough. i hope the rest is a little less eventful. looking forward to more!
a rough day at Disney beats a good day anywhere else in the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmendez24 View Post
joining in. We were there that week as well. Great report so far!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmforme2009 View Post
Jumping in! So glad some else appreciates/understands the difficulty in finding just the right bag
lol apparently I just have issues. I was so unhappy when the bag I ordered didn't come in on time. BUT, know that I did find the perfect bag... tune in
Old 06-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #41
Moira222

photo pass pictures!

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you a message from..

Photopass LOL the CD came in yesterday’s mail!!
And while I am interrupting here, let me just see if anyone has caught on to the trip report titles and why I picked them????

Here are some shots from Saturday and Sunday morning

Welcome to Hollywood studios!!!

You may recall our off schedule visit to DHS. Despite having breakfast around 9am, we didn’t make it to the park till a bit after 11. So we were getting hungry! and were munching apples when I came upon the first Photopass shot of the trip.

Hey hey we’re the Monkees…. do monkey’s munch apples?

Dinner at 1400 Park Fare

Epcot Saturday night…there was a heck of a rain late afternoon and it really cleared out the park! by the time we got there after dinner, crowds were just how we liked ‘em!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
now back to our regularly scheduled program....
Old 06-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #42
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Great photopass photos, especially the apple ones as they are unique!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #43
KatMark
DIS Veteran

MaryEllen, those are awesome photopass pictures. Although I like them all, I really love the ones with the apples and the ones with Katie snickering while you guys are kissing.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #44
Lidian
DIS Veteran

I loved ALL of the pictures! However, I think my favorite is the Test Track one. Everyone looks bored except Katie - who looks terrified.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 06-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #45
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

What a great bunch of photopass pictures! It seems you got a couple photographer who were really into their job. Very creative!

We showed up at MK that rainy Saturday right before that storm. We got there too late to say if it helped withthe crowds or not- but I was most happy it cooled things down!

May 2011 CBR TR. October 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR.
Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: