Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
cam&phoebsmom
counting down the days until our next trip...

How do I make on-line dining reservations?

I have always called to make dining reservations, but if I understand correctly I can get on-line even earlier and make them.

So can someone please help me get started?

I know I go to the WDW website-and click on make an on-line reservation.

But after tha I am kind of lost. We are staying on-site so my understanding is I need my reservation number as well but I don't know how to make the system go further into my 180 days.

Thanks in advance for any advice/directions

Come check it out!
Pilgrims On The Move-A Thanksgiving Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2764939
cam&phoebsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

It's not that difficult to do, but I admit to being a little intimidated the first time I tried this.
-Go to the WDW website and sign in.
-Hover over Where to Eat (at the top of the page) and click on Make Dining Reservations
-Click on one of these: Restaurant, Dinner show, Dining Event
-Use the drop down menus underneath to make your selection of dining site or event. If just making a reservation for a restaurant (not an event or show) you can just type in the name of the restaurant.
-On the right side of the page, select the date you want the ADR and party size
-Select a time. I usually select the "breakfast, lunch or dinner" option rather than a particular time, unless I'm looking for something like a really late dinner.
-Click on Search for a table. It will take you to a new page with info on the restaurant/event/show. Scroll down and it will tell you if there is an opening for your time. It will also show if there are any alternate openings at other times. OR it will say that there is NO availability for that time frame.
-If you want the ADR opening that is offered, then click on Make a Reservation. If you want an alternative time that they have offered, click on the button in front of that time, then click on Make a reservation.
-If there was no availability for that time period, then hit the back button and start over from scratch.
-Continue on by following their instructions.
-WDW recently made changes to the reservation system that prevents you from making more than one ADR for the same time period. I believe that if you try to do this it will cancel one of them.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

I'd search the time you want over the "meal". If you search for a 6pm dinner it'll actually pull up the closest availability between 4-8 pm. Many have searched "breakfast" and only were shown times between 9-10 am even if an 8 am pre-park opening was available. Ask for what you want, WHEN you want and you'll have better luck.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
cam&phoebsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
It's not that difficult to do, but I admit to being a little intimidated the first time I tried this.
-Go to the WDW website and sign in.
-Hover over Where to Eat (at the top of the page) and click on Make Dining Reservations
-Click on one of these: Restaurant, Dinner show, Dining Event
-Use the drop down menus underneath to make your selection of dining site or event. If just making a reservation for a restaurant (not an event or show) you can just type in the name of the restaurant.
-On the right side of the page, select the date you want the ADR and party size
-Select a time. I usually select the "breakfast, lunch or dinner" option rather than a particular time, unless I'm looking for something like a really late dinner.
-Click on Search for a table. It will take you to a new page with info on the restaurant/event/show. Scroll down and it will tell you if there is an opening for your time. It will also show if there are any alternate openings at other times. OR it will say that there is NO availability for that time frame.
-If you want the ADR opening that is offered, then click on Make a Reservation. If you want an alternative time that they have offered, click on the button in front of that time, then click on Make a reservation.
-If there was no availability for that time period, then hit the back button and start over from scratch.
-Continue on by following their instructions.
-WDW recently made changes to the reservation system that prevents you from making more than one ADR for the same time period. I believe that if you try to do this it will cancel one of them.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

thank you so much!!!! I will try for specific times 1st and see what I can get before doing "dinner" since we do have specific times we would like.
how does it link to the hotel/package reservation number I have so that I can do the 180+ days for the rest of the week? I went and did kind of a dry run and I did not see where to add my package reservation number to it so I can book more than just my 1st day. Any ideas or am I missing something simple?

Come check it out!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
3Minnies1Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam&phoebsmom View Post
thank you so much!!!! I will try for specific times 1st and see what I can get before doing "dinner" since we do have specific times we would like.
how does it link to the hotel/package reservation number I have so that I can do the 180+ days for the rest of the week? I went and did kind of a dry run and I did not see where to add my package reservation number to it so I can book more than just my 1st day. Any ideas or am I missing something simple?
If you choose a day outside of the regular 180 day window it'll say
Quote:
You have chosen a date more than 180 days in advance of today's date. Please choose a date less than 180 days in advance and try again.

Login now if you are a Disney Resort hotel Guest or a Travel Agent for extended booking dates.
Is your reservation linked to your WDW log in already? If not go ahead and add it now. Sign in and go to "My Reservations". If your resort reservation isn't there click "retrieve reservation" and you can look it up and it'll add it to your reservation page.

Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Old 05-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
cam&phoebsmom

Thank you so much-I will be setting my alarm for bright and early tomorrow morning (6am EST, right?) and getting my fingers ready!

I am hoping for:
Biergarten
Cape May Cafe
Boma
Ohanas
CRT (tuesday after Thanksgiving so I am hoping we can get it)

Come check it out!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
3Minnies1Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam&phoebsmom View Post
Thank you so much-I will be setting my alarm for bright and early tomorrow morning (6am EST, right?) and getting my fingers ready!

I am hoping for:
Biergarten
Cape May Cafe
Boma
Ohanas
CRT (tuesday after Thanksgiving so I am hoping we can get it)
Yes 6am EST.

I'd book Ohanas and CRT first, then the rest.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
cam&phoebsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
Yes 6am EST.

I'd book Ohanas and CRT first, then the rest.
that was my plan-hoping I can get them!!! Thank you again for all of your help!

Come check it out!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: