Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #31
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Is Avy ALWAYS that serious???
Old 06-24-2011, 06:44 AM   #32
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Do the charaters come to GTKTW? How cool is that.

Loving all the pics and looks like SeaWorld day must have had some great weather.

All we see is rain in Rhode Island so it is nice to see pics of sunny mornings
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #33
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Is Avy ALWAYS that serious???
Yes she is. She is always thinking and it is hard work for her to smile. Those muscles just don't work like they should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Do the charaters come to GTKTW? How cool is that.
Yes it is so nice the little kids just run right up to them. It is so sweet.
Loving all the pics and looks like SeaWorld day must have had some great weather.

All we see is rain in Rhode Island so it is nice to see pics of sunny mornings
It is fun to see the pictures. All it has been doing is raining here too and cold. I am in a sweatshirt right now.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #34
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Off to Sea World which I think is one of our families favorite parks of all time.
We got there after only one bad turn and this time it was not my fault.
"Raising hand here and saying I am the worst co-pilot in the world"
We got great parking with our handicap tags
We stopped for a few pictures
this is one of my favorites of the trip

First thing we did was head over to see about times for the dolphin feeding. We had more then enough time to leave. So we left most of the kids playing by the sting rays and the big people hit a ride. Loren, Grandma, Auntie Bobbie, Jason and I took off for the Manta it was a lot of fun. Scary but fun. We went back to check on the kids and still had enough time so we took back off to ride the Kraken it was amazing.
It was fun to be able to go on rides this time instead being stuck with a crying Ella like last time.
The kids were having fun by the stingrays but started to get bored. We hit the gift shop and Ella got a new friend and both girls got hats. The cool thing was they put their names on for free.

Finally it was time to feed the Dolphins. FYI when you get splashed the water tastes AWFUL and you will have that taste in your mouth for hours GAG

After the dolphins we went to ride Journey to Alantis Ella was really upset she was to little to ride but she had fun watching the huge splashes.
Afterwards we went into the JTA store and watched all the fish. I think watching Ella crawl around on the floor looking at the fish was one of those tissue moments for me. She was so excited she didn't know what to do first. She even laid down on the floor and just watched them swim.

Off to lunch we had pizza at Seaport pizza it was good enough that the kids cleaned their plates. Then Loren and I decided it was time to torture Ella by getting cornrows put in.
She did whine a little but it was the best move we made the whole trip. It was so nice not to have to deal with her Curly rats nest all week.

It only took about 15 mins and the lady said she sat really good for a child her age.
We must not have been to mean because she was happy as soon as she got out of the chair.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #35
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

adorable photos...looks like you all had a fun day!

Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #36
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Ella looks like she's having a blast playing on the floor looking at the fish. What a neat area.

I love the pictures of all the kids with the Disney characters.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #37
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

You have a wonderful family. I havent been to seaworld in years an years! Makes me wanna go right now. I love the cornrolls.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #38
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I love all the pics of Ella on the floor!!!! And that she strapped the stuffed animal to her stroller. That kid has such personality!!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #39
tinkerbellandeyor
God holds my heart as well as my family and friends

Old 06-26-2011, 05:36 AM   #40
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

tinkerbellandeyor

I just had to tell you I LOVE THIS!!!

Kathleen, LOVED the Sea World day...how clever to have Ella's hair cornrowed, one less thing to take care of in the morning! I am looking forward to touching Dolphins! And I LOVE STINGRAYS, I could watch them for hours...seriously! The kids look like they are having a great time and I love the links to the rides...looks like there isn't a lot Lisa can partake in ride wise....wild roller-coasters are a no-no because of her heart...the Shamu coaster looks doable though, THANKS again for posting the links....now I need tips for UNIVERSAL!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:19 AM   #41
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
adorable photos...looks like you all had a fun day!
I think this was our best day of the whole trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Ella looks like she's having a blast playing on the floor looking at the fish. What a neat area.

I love the pictures of all the kids with the Disney characters.
We have about 30 pictures of her just running around not knowing what to do first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
You have a wonderful family. I havent been to seaworld in years an years! Makes me wanna go right now. I love the cornrolls.
We love sea world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I love all the pics of Ella on the floor!!!! And that she strapped the stuffed animal to her stroller. That kid has such personality!!!!
She is my mother hen. You should see her with my day care baby. I keep telling her to put him down. Thankfully he is a chunk and can hold his own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeyor View Post
Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
tinkerbellandeyor

I just had to tell you I LOVE THIS!!!
Love that too
Kathleen, LOVED the Sea World day...how clever to have Ella's hair cornrowed, one less thing to take care of in the morning! I am looking forward to touching Dolphins! And I LOVE STINGRAYS, I could watch them for hours...seriously! The kids look like they are having a great time and I love the links to the rides...looks like there isn't a lot Lisa can partake in ride wise....wild roller-coasters are a no-no because of her heart...the Shamu coaster looks doable though, THANKS again for posting the links....now I need tips for UNIVERSAL!
Best move ever to cornrow her. We had planned to do it and couldn't find the place when we got there (they had just moved it to a different area. It really made life easier I really should learn how to do it myself. She was so cute in them and they came in handy on at DHS
Lisa will have a lot of fun on the kiddie rides I will update that part today.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #42
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

As a reward for sitting nice for her Cornrows we promised Ella we would hit the kiddie rides. She was a little upset when we pit stopped at the Pearl Dive.
For some reason we didn't get this picture so here is a oldie but goodie

Avy and Ella both got to pick Clam's
They each got one big pearl.

Now off to Shamu's Happy Harbor where the kids played for hours.
The only ride Ella did not like was Shamu's Express. It was the only ride she cried on the whole trip. I have to admit is was wicked and I didn't like it either. They played forever in the Pirates nest (a climbing area with lots of nets and tunnels) It was not good at all for Avy's leg and she paid the price the rest of the trip. Hayden lived in the sandbox. Sand boxes are his "happy place"
Not sure where this was taken but I thought it was cute.

We dragged them away to watch Blue Horizons. The kids and grandma went way down into the splash zone. They didn't get to wet.
After the show we moved a little to slow to see the Stars of the show. When we got there they were all gone
Poor Ella started to cry. There were some Sea World people that saw her. They couldn't stand to see her cry and went to go get a star for Ella and Avy, who had a really sad face too.
Wow did my girls light up when The one they really wanted to meet came out for hugs. I think her name was "Maria"

The Awesome workers that wiped away my daughters tears.

It was a fun filled day at Sea World but it was time to head out to see Santa

Going out on a limb here and saying we LOVE Sea World maybe more then Disney okay you can kick me off Dis now
Old 06-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #43
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

great photos! how nice they went to get a star for the kids to meet! the girls picked really pretty pearls!

so need to try SeaWorld some day....we did San Diego SeaWorld twice, but never in FL!

Old 06-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #44
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
great photos! how nice they went to get a star for the kids to meet! the girls picked really pretty pearls!

so need to try SeaWorld some day....we did San Diego SeaWorld twice, but never in FL!
I am so glad we picked that day to go. It was our only full day in a park.
I looked it up her name is Marina. My girls were so excited to meet her. It made the day so much more special.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #45
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

OMG!!! I just found this now!! I am really behind- going back to read. So sorry i'm so late!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: