Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
DisneyAllison
Mouseketeer

Exclamation Surprise Trip Reveal - Ideas for letter in the mailbox??

We are suprising DD (age 7) with a trip in 2 weeks. We were thinking of using one of the WDW reservation envelopes they sent us to put a letter to DD in telling her about the trip. We would have it set up where she goes to get the mail, opens the letter, and then the letter would basically tell her about the surprise and that the car is packed and ready, and then we'd all hop in the car.

Has anyonr ever done a letter like this before? Any suggestions for "magical wording" in the letter since it would be "from Mickey / WDW"?

Thanks!

Me (34) ; DH (38) ; DD (7)

Early Family Trips:
Me: Off Site -'83, '90, '95, '97
DH: Ft. Wilderness Campground- '81

Onsite: Honeymoon 2001 (Contemporary); 2002 (Carribbean Beach , Polynesian, Coronado Springs, Wilderness Lodge, All Star Movies); 2007 (Wilderness Lodge);2009 (Wilderness Lodge); 2011 (Wilderness Lodge)

Grand Marshals - (MK) 2002

Ready to plan another trip!!
DisneyAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

That is so cute! You should definitely sign it "Your Pal, Mickey Mouse" since that's how he signs his autographs. Other then that, you could word the letter like he's inviting your DD to come visit him? You could say that he has all sorts of magical surprises in store for her and he can't wait for her to see him and all his friends (princesses, the rest of the Fab 5, whoever is her favorite, etc.)?

Let us know how it turns out!

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
BerrysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Zoebear
Mouseketeer

We did a surprise trip a few years ago- very magical

If you head down to the Creative Disigns board, one of the "Disgners" will surely be able to help you out. They have a number of letters and if you ask nicely they will personalize for you .

Have a magical day.

Zoebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
nkdelgado
Earning My Ears

I am planning something very similar for our DD. She will turn 7 on the first day of our vacation. We are planning on going to AK/DHS the first day but coming back to the room early. I am hoping to have the resort staff (unsure if this will work) put her birthday present (cinderella costume) on her bed with a "fancy" invitation, inviting her to dine at Cinderella's Castle for her b-day. What do you think?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: